Touring the Tower of Terror and other Ghoulish Delights! Sept 13 TR | FINALx2 4/17!!!

Subbing and so glad to be along for the ride. I'm so glad you got to experience the parks at a different time of year, even though the heat is not awesome during September.

Looking forward to reading all about another Dani and Matt adventure!

Oh I am SO JEALOUS of your empty park morning! When I started going in Octobers in '09, there were mornings and evenings that were empty like that, but I think Octobers have gotten a lot busier since then. It looks like maybe I'll have to switch to Septembers!

I'm so sorry I'bve been MIA. Crazy life stuffs getting in the way of my TR reading. But I'm caught up now and OMIGAH your pictures are so fabulous!!!!!

I mean, really, really, beautiful. Great job!

:goodvibes

Yeah... I just watched the video from your Jan trip. It seriously made me cry it was so great!

I'm so glad you got to see the opening show! Not going to lie, if I'm having a tough time getting out of bed in the morning, I will put it on to perk me up...

Love your shirt!

Your Tigger selfie is so cute!

I've never seen the area in front of Gaston's that empty...that's so awesome!!!

SULLEY DUFFY. OH MY GOSH. I'm melting. Definitely the best Duffy costume I've ever seen!

I know! I was really happy I finally got to see it. And I'm with you on getting up that early, but that made me definitely a lot happier to be up and at 'em so early.

Aw thanks! I found it and thought it was kind of fun and different, haha.

Thanks, Tigger was super adorable and fun! I just like that there is video of us bouncing around, hahaha.

YUP, this is why I HAD to have that costume! It was way too adorable not to and it's so soft and perfect. I'm obsessed with it.

Hold on….dude…we were like….TEN FEET from each other during the rope drop show, I somehow completely forgot that you guys were even in MK that day, this is insane!

Awwe!! So glad you got to see the rope drop show! It’s one of my favorites!

Stitch is so cute!!

Yay for a good experience at CP, I love breakfast there so much!!

UUUGGGGHHH that viiieeeewwww from the castle stage is quite possibly one of my all time favorite things in the world. I always need to take a moment to stop there, like, Mom thought I was going to jump the rope that morning, bahaha.

Sept crowds, seriously the best thing ever! Glad you guys took the time to explore and shop and such!!

Hahaha really?! How did we not see each other?! I loved the show though!

And yeah, that Stitch was adorable. It was very hard not to steal him and run away.

CP is fabulous and we HAVE to do it on every trip no matter what.

Yup, I totally agree... especially in the morning when you can see everyone just walking into the park all happy and excited. It's the best.

I agree, the September crowds were just awesome! It was nice to not feel rushed around the park.

I love those pictures from the castle looking down main st. We're always so busy ooohing and aaahhing over the castle that we never think to turn around. Put it on the list for next time!

Hey--Matt's bacon looks pretty good for Disney bacon! I love a Mickey waffle, but I can't wait to try that puffed French toast!

Fantasyland and storybook circus look so pretty! They were obviously just waiting for you to come snap some pics!

And LOVE the Minnie ears!!

Aw thanks, you definitely should!! It's a perfect way to see the park in a totally different way.

The bacon was not terrible, which is nice since Disney is notorious for very sad bacon! The Puffed French Toast is SOOOOO good! It's basically a donut though, hahaha.

I think they were just waiting for me to stop by, haha.

Thank you! I was totally in love with them and definitely plan on bringing them with me for all future Halloweenie trips!!

Haha, Ibuprofen for the Win!!

I have such a love for the topiaries like the DVC one without the added eyes and stuff. It just reminds me so much of when I was a kid. :lovestruc

YAY for the Good Morning show. So glad you finally got to see it. And don't feel bad as I've only ever seen it once (well, and I guess once from behind). It really is the best.

Awww that selfie with you and Piglet is TOO FREAKIN' CUTE!!!

Ahh there is nothing quite like September crowds (or lack thereof).

Is it weird that I'm really looking forward to walking through the path from NFL to Storybook Circus? It has never been open for me ever.

Haha it seriously saved me SO many times during our trip!

Aw yeah, they're really cute! I couldn't get a good photo of the DVC Villas at WL, so the topiary had to do!

I was so happy to finally see it, it's such a cute way to open the park!

Thanks! I had to take a little selfie and there is also video of Piglet and me getting ourselves ready for the photo hahaha.

The lack of crowds are so fabulous! It was way too awesome, and surprising, even though we thought January was pretty quiet!

Um nope, because it's the best thing ever! Makes getting over to Storybook and Tomorrowland WAY easier!

Long time lurker, but I will be a big boy and subscribe.

I marathon read your previous TR's over some very unproductive days at work, and I look forward to reading your current one, but I'm not sure I how I will find the patience to wait for them to be published. Though my DW and I will be in the world soon and we will be co-writing a TR when we get back so that might help.

Congratulations on the DVC at OKW. That is our favorite resort and we find it hard to spend time at other places, though after reading about your stay at BC and the pool and the easy access to F&W I think that will be on our list soon.

Can't wait for the video, your first one was pretty cool. Can you tell me how much effort and time went into editing it, and is it something a novice can figure out? I'd like to try it but neither one of us has ever attempted to do such a thing and sadly we are pretty bad about taking pictures. I think we will try the TR first and then we might tackle video if that is a success.

September/October is a great time to travel there with the kids all back in school, but I don't understand what was going on your first night in the MK that was some seriously low crowd levels. If you think it is hot and humid on your trip now, try tent camping in August at FW. That was when my DW cam with my family and she didn't leave me for it, instead it kicked off our obsession with WDW. We are getting our first annual pass this year, and someday in the near future will be DVC members at OKW, maybe we'll meet you at the gurgling suitcase for a drink sometime.

Please keep the updates coming fast and furious, I look forward to them

Well thank you for coming out of lurkdom and saying hello!! And I'm glad you enjoyed all of my other TRs! I promise I'll keep these up to date pretty frequently! I've been pretty good about writing updates so that I have plenty to keep this TR going, woohoo! That will be fun to co-write a TR!

Thank you very much! OKW is an AMAZING resort. We haven't stayed there since our honeymoon in 2011, but I'm sure we will down the line! Beach Club is our favorite though and always will be our home. It's an amazing resort.

I am really excited to start working on our video this weekend! It's going to take a while, as I took a LOT of video while on this trip, but once it's done, I think it'll be fabulous. But I have to say, they take a lot of work and timing things right. I mean, it depends on how you want your video to be. I used iMovie on my iMac to make it, and it has its flaws, but I really liked working in iMovie. I would suggest the TR first, then videos in the future for sure. Writing and editing is a LOT of work but it's fun!

Yeah, it was such a weird thing to have it be so quiet in the parks... but we loved it! Matt and I have vowed to never ever go to Disney during the summer. We don't like heat, and September was plenty hot enough for us. I give you props for being able to handle the heat in a tent in August! That's impressive!

Thanks so much, I will definitely keep the updates rolling!

Yay for the MK opening show!! I only saw it for the first time myself in 2010, and it was so amazing that I wondered how I had been missing out on it for so long. Seriously, what better way is there to start your day at MK with that fabulous opening show?! And I may or may not tear up when that song comes on in my car...

Your selfie with Tigger is seriously precious. And breakfast looks so delicious! I love breakfast there.

The park is DEAD! If I could handle September heat, I think these pics would convince me to go! Like seriously, where is everyone?!

:faint: That's me, dead from the cuteness that is Sulley Duffy.

Yeah, I was impressed with how much they do for the opening show! It was kind of the best!

Aww thanks, I LOVE CP so much. I can't wait to go back again and have breakfast with my favorite friends.

I know! The crowds were amazing... but I have to say, that heat was brutal some days. The nice thing was that it was SO not busy, taking a break was easy to do because you could get so much done so quickly! Plus, it made me appreciate the weather once we got home a lot more, hahaha.

I am obsessed with my Duffy as Sulley. He is the cutest.

totally joining in for this TR!!!

And I will be going back and reading your previous ones!! (edit - went through and read all 3 of them)

Really enjoying your writing style and pictures!!!

And with Matt's love of Ratatouille, Disneyland Paris is opening it's ride about his adventure in 2014.... Maybe a trip to Paris is due?

YAY! Glad to have you here!! And that's awesome that you read all of my TRs! I hope you liked them!

Oh my gosh, I had no idea about a Ratatouille ride, but that is just ANOTHER reason we have to go there one day! Phantom Manor is the other huge reason, along with the beautiful castle!

Yayness! I am so in for this TR!!! I can already tell you had a blast-I can't wait to read all about it!!!

ETA: Ibuprofen - definitely a life saver on Disney trips!!!

Awesome, so glad you're here! YAY! And yes, Ibuprofen is the best thing ever for Disney trips!

Another great update with beautiful pictures.

Awesome that you finally got to see the opening show at MK.

I totally love going to WDW in Sept when there is no crowds. I have to say while you were there it seemed even emptier than usual. Can't believe your pictures in New FW of the almost completely empty park.

As other's have said I too need to remember to turn around when walking through the castle and take a picture down main street. :)

Great selfies with Pooh and the gang. That is a favorite breakfast of ours as well.

Looks like you are having an awesome time so far. :goodvibes

Thank you so much! I was so happy to see the opening show at MK, it was so cute and the perfect way to start our day!

September was just a perfect time for crowds. There was NO ONE around, and we enjoyed every second of it!

And yes, totally turn around, it's a great way to see the park!

Thanks, CP is just such a fun way to start a day in Magic Kingdom!

We were having a great morning, and things only got better!

YES YES YES. I always feel that way when I see him. HE IS A BIG CELEBRITY. I mean, sheesh. I'm so happy that you finally saw the Welcome Show, it is so so magical. Good morning, GOOD MORNING! I haven't seen it in 3 years, I should probably do that in a few weeks when I'm there! :banana:

OH MY GOD I love Pirate/Halloween Stitchy!!!

Ahh, a near-empty MK. How lovely. I missed this luxury during my May trip. I know it sounds crazy but I am not used to crowds at Disney! I am thrilled to be going back during a quieter time. Yay yay yay!!!

I agree, Ariel is a HBIC. I really hate when people say that the movie gives a bad message because she ~gave up everything for a guy~. Actually NO in general she wanted to be human so back up. I love that not only did she see what she wanted and went after it, she really took huge risks. As Triton says, "HE'S A HUMAN!! YOU'RE A MERMAID!!!!!!!!!" The whole thing is very Romeo & Juliet, luckily way less tragic! I feel the same way about Jasmine, Rapunzel, Tiana, etc. These girls are great role models.

I've never seen the path between to Storybook Circus open! I can't wait to walk through there. It's the little things.

HALLOWEEN GOODIES. Omg. I'd better start eating 10 cupcakes a day to prepare my stomach for the utter sugar attack it is about to experience.

YOUR EARS AND MATT'S LANYARD ARE PERFECT. Oh you two.

Wow, I guess it hadn't occurred to me that someone other than the famous Disney Tattoo Guy is covered like that in Disney tattoos! Very impressive. But also my thought is: OUCH. Glad to hear they were well done though. I don't mind tattoos, I even LOVE them in some instances, but poorly done ones KILL ME. My cousin had her friend do all of hers for cheap and literally when I see them I cringe. I don't get it. This is a lifelong commitment, this is one of the things you do not go for the discount on!

I knew you'd understand! I seriously just get star struck when I see him! I hope you go see the show when you're there, it's just so darn cute.

That Stitch, I can't even tell you my obsession with it. I mean, those little sneakers he had on?! I wanted to steal him!

No, I know what you mean! We aren't used to crowds either, so when January was busier than expected, I was a bit disappointed. But September?! Holy cow, it's just dead! I love it!

Ariel totally did what she needed to do for herself. Like you said, she wanted to be a human forever, and just happened to see Eric, soooo no. People need to just chill it. But I agree, it's why I love Rapunzel and Tiana SO much. Those girls knew what they wanted and went after it!

Hahaha, I think cupcake preparation is a fantastic idea. SO MANY GOODIES TO EAT!

Daw thanks, we both found some fabulous things that morning in Storybook!

Yeah, I couldn't believe how many tattoos this man had. They were so impressive. And I SO AGREE about bad tattoos. Sometimes I just shake my head and feel bad that the person has those forever. Like, at least make the effort to research a good artist and put the effort into choosing something that is meaningful to you!

I can't tell you how jealous I am of the small crowds! We just got back from DLR and it was SO much more crowded than it was last year when we were there over Thanksgiving week. We hardly got to do anything. I hope you enjoyed every second of it!

Oh man, the crowds were just fabulous! That's so weird that DLR was that busy though! I would have thought it'd be quieter. I hope it's not too bad when we go next month!! I'm sure it'll be busier on Friday and Saturday, but here's hoping Wednesday and Thursday aren't too bad! We LOVED the crowds in Disney World!

YAY! Glad to have you here!! And that's awesome that you read all of my TRs! I hope you liked them!

Oh my gosh, I had no idea about a Ratatouille ride, but that is just ANOTHER reason we have to go there one day! Phantom Manor is the other huge reason, along with the beautiful castle!

I LOVED your trip reports! I laughed and love that you and yours make hillarious faces on ride photos too... I love doing things like that!

I understand the desire to go.... it is a beautiful park and I am excited to return to it in March (there is so much I didn't get to see in my 1 day visit 2 years ago)

I am trying to hit all the Disney parks that currently exist (and will get back to see the Shanghai one when it opens too)

It's kind of sad that I think the park I will have the hardest time planning to get to is the original Disneyland.... California is just a pain to get to from both Egypt and Toronto! (my two current homes)

FREAKING SURREAL!!

I am a big fan of Crystal Palace breakfasts, as you well know. There's just something so comforting about the place. I always feel amazing there. I didn't know they did the Welcome Show for EMH! MICKEY MOUSE, people. That's the real deal right there.

September is my favorite time to go because it's pretty much like these pictures constantly. Rarely you'll see a crowd, but most of the time? This. I always want to go other times to see different decorations, but it always comes back to these lovely crowds!

We went into Big Top Souvenirs for the first time, too! I love the floors in there.

Yes, those ears and that lanyard were perfect for you guys! I am still in mourning that we didn't get the Sulley outfit for our Duffy Bears. And the girls are majorly regretting it, too :(. Sigh...maybe next year.

I bet!! ;)

CP is really the best place to start off your day in MK! And yeah, I had no idea either! But it was definitely a fabulous thing to see! Mickey Mouse is the best, and I'm sure you're got more details on what's it's like hanging out with him!

Yeah, I loved the crowds this morning, it was so perfect! September is definitely the place to be.

Big Top was just adorable and the floors were fabulous!

Aww thanks.. but yes, I was surprised the girls didn't pick the Sulley outfit! I hope they'll still have them around next year for you guys though!

Shh... you're giving away Disney's second best kept secret... how slow the second week of September is. ;) It's our favorite time of the year to go.

I just love your WL photos. The Imagineers did such fantastic work with this resort, it looks like your in the Northwest while in Florida. It kind of seems like a vacation within a vacation.

Mmm Mmm, your breakfast at CP looks might tasty! I especially love the photo of you and Piglet.

How fun to be able to experience new fantasyland with such low crowds.

Hahaha, I know, I was thinking about that... like shoot, maybe I should just pretend it was insanely busy! But then I realized my photos would not show that.

WL is such a beautiful resort! I totally agree, it's like going to a different place in Florida!

CP was so wonderful that morning and not busy, I loved it. Piglet was THE cutest! My video will show us getting ready for the photo, hahaha.

And yeah, it was weird being in NFL with no one around! Compared to January, it was night and day!

I am SO glad you finally got to see the welcome show! It's so cute and it is such a great way to start the day!

Man, that early morning castle view from CP is my favorite! :goodvibes
PUFFED FRENCH TOAST, MICKEY WAFFLES, SELFIES WITH THE 100 ACRE WOOD CREW :love: :lovestruc

Big Top is the cutest store, and I love that lanyard. Matt, you have really good taste in lanyards. Also, I am not the biggest Duffy fan, but dressed as Sulley he is freaking adorable. Those Minnie ears are awesome!

That's the survey marker Derek, Kira, Korie, Linda and I stopped traffic in New Fantasyland to get a picture of. Derek and I were down on the ground and people kept stopping and staring, haha.

I know, I loved it so much and it made me so happy to start the day with it!

CP IS JUST THE BEST PLACE EVER TO EAT. FOR SO MANY REASONS.

I loved Big Top! I was so glad we finally went there. And ya know, I wasn't sure how I felt about Duffy but then read his story and realized he's just the cutest, especially after Matt got one. That Sulley outfit just puts him over the edge of adorableness.

HAHAHA I'm not surprised, considering in a future update, they were definitely all over the ground getting photos, hahahaha. So amazing.

I am in love with the Sulley Duffy. That is just one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time! :goodvibes

I so agree, Sulley Duffy is the cutest thing ever! I was so happy Matt found that outfit!

HELLO......joining in for another great TR!!:wave2:

Awesome! Glad you are back for another TR!!

Just came across your TR as I was browsing around and joining in! I'm really enjoying your adventures so far!

My family and I were there September 17-25 and can definitely relate to your surprise about the low crowds!! We were shocked!! We'd never gone in September before, and now I don't think I ever want to go at another time of year ever again! Haha! It was amazing!!

Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort! It's on my "must try" list for sure!!

I loved your pictures of Wishes in the Tangled area! A very unique place to see them! That is such a beautifully done space as it is, but Wishes just adds to it!

Your breakfast at Crystal Palace looked lovely! Love all the Pooh characters!!!

Looking forward to reading more!! :-)

Aww yay! I'm glad you're here and decided to join in!!

I know, it was such a perfect time to go to Disney! I could NOT believe the lack of crowds!

Wilderness Lodge is a fantastic resort that everyone should at a minimum visit!

Thank you! I was so happy to see Wishes from that angle, and it was absolutely beautiful. Perfect way to see that area for the first time!

CP is my favorite place to get breakfast in Disney. It's good food and the characters are adorable. I can't wait to bring our future children there and continue that tradition!

Dani (and Matt, for that matter), I've been catching up on my trip report reading, and just wanted to say thank you for writing these. I'm leaving on Saturday for my very first ever trip to the World, and am going with my mom - also her first trip.

Reading your TRs has given me such good perspective on touring the World as grownups. Though our trip will be different - i.e. WE MUST SEE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE in this trip - it's been fun to read along and learn things about the park and how we might tour.

This comment makes me so happy!! I'm so glad you enjoyed my TRs and that it has helped you out for planning your trip! I hope you have a wonderful trip in my favorite place in the world!!

OH HIIIII!!!! What's this? It took me seven years to join in and get caught up on your TR? Yes. BUT I finally did! Obviously loving it so far! Wilderness looks fantastic. STARBUCKS ON MAIN STREET. Can't wait. And I'm sorry but did you say you hadn't seen Little Mermaid since you were a kid? I die. But thanks for giving my girl her props! Hahaha anyways, so I don't talk for days, I'm just gonna cut it off here. Can't wait for more!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

HEY GIRL HEEEYYYY! It's okay, I'm behind on everyone's TRs and I'm slowly catching up, so don't even worry about it. And I know, it was way too long before I saw The Little Mermaid again. But thank GOD we now own it on blu-ray and I can watch it whenever I want to!

Yay! Another Dani trip report. Subbin' :yay:

Awesome, so glad you're here for the ride!!

Hi Dani! I was so happy to see another TR pop up!
First of all, in the pic of Milo with the glasses and ears, he looks like Ceelo Green....:confused3....a little, no, just me?
I am obsessed with your last trip video! Love that Imagine Dragons song and love watching you guys be silly. Cant wait for this trips video!:rolleyes1

So happy to be a grown up when I see others with Mickey ears, Vinylmation collections, Duffys dressed like Sulley, breakfast with Pooh Bear!!! Thanks for writing the report....its gonna help me get through the days till my January trip....first time in January. Cant wait! :cheer2:

HAHAHA HE SO DOES! I'm cracking up over here. Ohhh the things we do to that little dog! But we love him, our little baked bean.

Hahaha, this next video is going to have loooots of silliness and fun and I can't wait to start working on putting it together!! EEEE.

Heck yes, we are totally big kids, like it ain't no thang. Disney bring out that side of us. :goodvibes You will have an amazing time in January!! Such a good time to visit!

Subbing and so glad to be along for the ride. I'm so glad you got to experience the parks at a different time of year, even though the heat is not awesome during September.

Looking forward to reading all about another Dani and Matt adventure!

I'm glad you're here again!!! The heat wasn't fun some days, but man, it was so much fun seeing the parks all done up for Halloween and Fall!

Oh I am SO JEALOUS of your empty park morning! When I started going in Octobers in '09, there were mornings and evenings that were empty like that, but I think Octobers have gotten a lot busier since then. It looks like maybe I'll have to switch to Septembers!

Yeah, it was just so crazy slow! We loved it so much though! I think September may end up being our new favorite time to go.

I'm so sorry I'bve been MIA. Crazy life stuffs getting in the way of my TR reading. But I'm caught up now and OMIGAH your pictures are so fabulous!!!!!

I mean, really, really, beautiful. Great job!

:goodvibes

AHH I'm glad you're here, but don't worry about it!! Life happens, trust me, I totally understand! Thank you!

Yeah... I just watched the video from your Jan trip. It seriously made me cry it was so great!

Awww thank you so so much! I'm glad you watched it. I loved making that video. I can't WAIT to make the September one, I think it's going to be a ton of fun!

I LOVED your trip reports! I laughed and love that you and yours make hillarious faces on ride photos too... I love doing things like that!

I understand the desire to go.... it is a beautiful park and I am excited to return to it in March (there is so much I didn't get to see in my 1 day visit 2 years ago)

I am trying to hit all the Disney parks that currently exist (and will get back to see the Shanghai one when it opens too)

It's kind of sad that I think the park I will have the hardest time planning to get to is the original Disneyland.... California is just a pain to get to from both Egypt and Toronto! (my two current homes)

Hahaha, we do have the best time making dumb faces on rides. We're goobers.

That's so amazing you are visiting all of the different parks in the world! I really want to visit Tokyo and Paris the most. That is a bummer about Disneyland though. It's pretty close for us (2 1/2 plane ride) which makes it a bit more doable for us... I hope you can visit because going back to the original is amazing! But I'm jealous of your trips to the other parks, I'm not sure when we'll ever get there, but hopefully one day!

Chapter 8: More Haunted Mansion pins?! YES PLEASE!
Day Two: September 12th, 2013

So as I left off, we were enjoying ourselves on Peter Pan. Afterwards, decided to make our way right on over to...

file_zps61461dca.jpg

It's a Small World!

file_zps90242ed3.jpg

file_zpscc20d711.jpg

file_zps1f777513.jpg

Matt REALLY wanted to make sure that we went on it on our first full day in the parks this trip, and with there no line, it was pretty easy to hop right on.

Can I just take a moment to note that I love how much Matt cares about little traditions during our trip? Like I love that he started our Monorail resort tour that we fit in every trip, he gets bummed out if we don't do IASW early on during our trip, among other small things. I feel really, really lucky to have a husband who loves Disney so much and cares enough about it to have these traditions. I mean, most guys don't really care all that much, but Matt does. It's one of many reasons why I adore him. (Sorry, I know I got a little mushy there but it's true and it's something I've really come to appreciate during our trips)

But yeah, I just love IASW so much. There's so much to look at every time! I still laugh that my brother cried the entire time we went on it though when he was 5 and I was 6, hahaha. Those dolls terrified him.

Anyway, we left IASW and obviously went right on over to the Tangled area.

Guys, I'm just going to warn you now, I was fascinated by this area during our trip, so there are a TON of photos throughout this TR that I took of this area. Just apologizing in advance in case Tangled ain't your thing or you get tired of seeing photos of it. But it's my Trip Report, sooooo you'll just have to bear with me... or skip over my obsession.

file_zpsfb09ca94.jpg

LOOK AT HOW GORGEOUS IT IS.

file_zps49bf9719.jpg

file_zps295697cc.jpg

file_zps0ea6e249.jpg

file_zps1bbe33cf.jpg

I've decided I'm just going to live there and no one will notice... though it might be kind of creepy to live inside of the bathrooms.

file_zps9cabf76a.jpg

file_zps4251760f.jpg

The details people! I mean, the pan, the bite marks in the apple... I could go on here.

file_zps142ebba8.jpg

Yeah, I was a little obsessed, but we had places to be (but don't worry, we spent a lot more time here!)...

We had to stop for a quick selfie, because we were both just SO happy to be there that morning!

file_zps198be2d2.jpg

Oh, and if you didn't notice, Matt was seriously DECKED OUT in Oswald this morning! An Oswald hat, t-shirt, AND lanyard. No one could tell he was a fan or anything.

Now where else would we be quickly making our way towards but..

file_zps9cb3e311.jpg

file_zps46842419.jpg

The Haunted Mansion... Shocker, I know.

And Matt was REALLY EXCITED about it.

file_zps1b409311.jpg

Because there was no wait, we took our time walking through the queue, which was nice.

file_zpse1f5d591.jpg

And I made sure to take a better photo this time of the Bride's ring... I think that may be in my top 3 Easter Eggs/favorite Disney details in the parks.

file_zps6401050c.jpg

After riding Haunted Mansion (ride #2 this trip), we decided to head towards Frontierland. On our way over, we stopped in at the Frontierland Trading Post, because I really wanted to trade a Vinylmation.

I had this ugly High School one that just needed to go!

file_zpsae4c3ff7.jpg

While I waited in line to trade, and Matt was looking around the store, I noticed that the people in front of me who were paying had some AWESOME Haunted Mansion pins! I asked the woman where she found them, and she pointed them out to me on the wall. It was this awesome Limited Edition Happy Haunts set, and included the Grave Digger, who you could ONLY get through this set.

I grabbed one and started chatting with the couple, who were also Haunted Mansion fans. Matt came over and I showed him the pins, which he totally agreed we needed to buy. He chimed in on the conversation, and it was nice to talk to the couple! I thanked them as they left for pointing out the pins to me, and we made our purchase, along with an Epcot 30 blind box pin set and a Haunted Mansion blind box pin set, while I traded my High School Vinylmation right on into the trade box, where I got this one!

file_zpsd117b425.jpg

It's definitely one that had been in the outlets, but it was better than the weird High School one!

We headed out and I found out that the Limited Edition pins had JUST been released that morning! We were super lucky to have come across them in Frontierland, as I believe they sold out pretty quickly.

Anyway, we decided to go on Splash Mountain, and I was given the lovely Red Card That Makes You Feel A Sense of Importance.

file_zps4c093628.jpg

Splash was super fun, as always, and since we were in the area, we decided to go get grab Fast Passes for BTMRR, since it was at a 20 minute wait (and we were already spoiled by the crazy low wait times, haha).

file_zpseda45ead.jpg

file_zps3abf1305.jpg

We needed to get out of the sun for a bit, so we went on Pirates for a nice little break... wheeeere we proceeded to get stuck. Perhaps it was George the Ghost saying hello?

After we escaped Pirates, our FPs for Big Thunder were up, so we headed back over there!

file_zps5acb1544.jpg

Here's a nice sweaty selfie of the two of us, haha. Honestly, during this trip, most photos I look like I'm melting, but I was still so happy!

file_zps76a1b346.jpg

We left Big Thunder, and decided we needed some AC! So we headed over towards an attraction I'd NEVER been on before..

Continued in next post

Chapter 9: Spoiler alert: The Tiki Room has the best AC.
Day Two: September 12th, 2013

As I left off, we headed to something I'd never experienced before...

file_zps7b1b9a50.jpg

file_zps4151edbd.jpg

The TIKI ROOM!!

We were both happy to just be out of the sun while we waited for the next showing. It was kind of glorious.

file_zps3fd1d8e9.jpg

file_zps6d228627.jpg

After the pre-show ended, we were let inside.. and I swear the heavens sang, because the AC inside of the Tiki Room was AMAZING. Seriously, I now know where to go when I am in need of air conditioning!

The show began, and I have to say, it was adorable.

file_zpse9b82073.jpg

file_zps92a9fa5e.jpg

file_zps2be7a140.jpg

file_zps4af10530.jpg

This was Matt's absolutely FAVORITE when he was a little boy. His favorite part? The Tikis, of course.

file_zps1584949a.jpg

file_zps96da39cd.jpg

I REALLY enjoyed the Tiki Room! I was so happy I finally saw it, too! I mean, considering it was Matt's favorite when he was little. He was also very happy that it had returned to the original show, vs. the "Under Management" version, which I heard was not very good.

We left the Tiki Room, then cut through Frontierland, where we ran into the Notoroious Banjo Brothers and Bob.

And yes, I totally just looked that up because I had no idea what their name was, but this was the second trip where they made it into my TR, haha. Oh that Bob.

The park had gotten a bit busier, but even then, it wasn't bad at all. We were loving the lack of crowds for sure.

file_zpsebcb81b8.jpg

file_zps065feea1.jpg

The Ugly Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine were out and about. I LOVE watching them interact with people in the park, they are seriously hilarious. I have no idea what I'd say to them if I met them, but I do love watching them from afar. Does that make me kind of creepy? Probably.

file_zps7bbd7937.jpg

I really wanted something cold to drink, so we headed back to New Fantasyland to get some LeFou's Brew. Heck to the YES.

file_zps90c58a09.jpg

file_zps30d7035b.jpg

Matt said he wanted to split one, and I immediately told him, "Sorry, nope, not splitting my Brew!" Hahaha, I was hot and wanted my own, so we each got one.

file_zps0ed30861.jpg

file_zps1b2f6073.jpg

You either love it or hate it, and we fall into the "Love it" camp! The foam isn't my favorite, as it's pretty bitter and I'm not a mango fan, but I love everything else about it.

We sipped on our Brews while making our way over to Tomorrowland. We had barely spent any time there yet and it felt weird, so we needed to rectify that!

file_zps99779b3c.jpg

Buzz Lightyear had no wait, so we decided to hop on that real quickly.

file_zps5fbe6f60.jpg

Matt stepped up his game and beat me this time, and unfortunately, no max score for me, wompwomp.

file_zps94faba81.jpg

Next, we finish up with our magical morning in the Magic Kingdom, then finally try a sandwich we'd both been dying to eat!

Continued in next post

Been lurking! Glad you got to enjoy glorious AC! I've never done the tiki room, but I am not a fan of birds so I'm not sure how well I'd do.

Your pictures have my husband and I rethinking the week in September that we go. Apparently we're about a week late.

Also, I love Matt's "this outfit brought to you by Oswald" look! Love how much both of you embrace the magic!

See, it's reasons like Matt caring about your traditions and both of your just flat out Disney love that makes you my fav Disney couple!! :grouphug: There's nothing "mushy" about that at all. It's simply fabulous.

... Even if it does include IASW. :laughing: Me and your brother have that in common. :scared1:

Ahh, I just recently watched Tangled for the first time on Netflix so this area now is even better, so post all the pics you want. Plus, I just LOVE Maximus. Give him ALL the apples.

Did you mock George Dani??? You know you can't do that, lol. Unless it gets you stuck somewhere to get some really good photos. :scratchin

That settles it. Next trip I'm going to the Tiki Room.

The stepsisters RULE. I love a woman who can make me laugh. Love them.

Yup, I'm also in the LOVE IT category for the Brew. :thumbsup2

:music:can you feel the love tonight?:music: ;) sorry, couldn't resist. Nothing wrong with a little mush!

I cannot wait to see the tangled bathrooms (that always sounds so strange to say). If you feel too weird living in the bathroom, you can come stay with me in the castle. I plan on secretly living there some day. Just don't tell anyone! :rotfl:

Have to try the brew and I am the only one in the family who hasn't seen tiki room. My DH loves it, so it's on the list this time.

I love how empty the parks are! It reminds me of when we usually go in November. I hope they look similar in January!

I have never been to the Tiki Room either. I am going to have to see the show this time. I plan on going to see more shows this visit and will add that one to the list.

You and Matt just make the greatest Disney couple. I love that you have your traditions and that Matt is so invested in remembering them and including them in your trips. :goodvibes

So I am recently obsessed with Vinylmation and have been scouring the Disney Store sale page and I picked up a bunch of those High School ones too. My son Jack was looking over my shoulder when he saw that you traded the bully for that adorable one you picked up he decided he wants to get that one too. :) I am so looking forward to reading about the Vinylmation Event that you attended on this trip.

Congratulations and welcome to the DVC! I am looking forward to reading through this trip report! I love, love, love your report style! Thank you for sharing!

So funny you mentioned IASW and Tiki Room in this set of posts. DD5 HATED IASW on our trip a year ago, but last weekend she went on it twice and would have gone on more if we had more time (and the parks weren't so insanely crowded!). She was singing along before the end of the first time through. And then my mom took her to the Tiki Room and she had a blast there as well.

I can't wait to take her to MK to see the new Fantasyland. It's probably 3 years off as we're doing another week long DLR trip next year, but she'll still love it.

DAPS.

DAPS TO ARIEL.

omg. daps.

That was so freaking funny to me, and I have no idea why.
just sitting here, in the dark, cracking up. by myself.

You're way more gangsta than I am.

But if you live in the Tangled bathrooms, you can be like some weird Disney version of Moaning Myrtle.

And you say Matt was in an Oswald shirt/hat/lanyard, like he wasn't wearing a different Oswald shirt/hat/lanyard combo the next day.

Y'all are perfection.

Y'all are the CUTEST! I love the traditions you two share!

I'm very glad you experienced the Tiki Room! Under New Management was the worst!

I have yet to try the brew, but I will be changing that come January!

:wave2:

This morning I was searching youtube for Disney World videos to show our friends next weekend. See, I am in the middle of planning a trip for 13 people next May, and several of them have NEVER been :scratchin. Next sunday we are all getting together to make an ADR plan & just general expectation plan.

So I watch this video called "Adults are only grown up kids anyway" and I put it on our list of videos for next weekend. It was cute!

Well then I'm in the Disney mood, so I hopped over to the Dis to read some trip reports. The 1st one on the list has a title of Touring the Tower of Terror...well that looks good! So click, and guess who's pictures pop up?

Its that couple from the video I just watched! Hey ya'll look familiar!:rotfl2: I double checked and sure enough its you! It says so in your 1st post!

How funny! Now I'm off to read your report! Loved your video! Thanks for making it! I'm sure it will get some 1st timers really excited about their trip!

OMG the Tangled bathrooms are beautiful! I can't wait to finally see them for myself! :cool1: Please put up as many pictures as you like, because I personally cannot get enough of them! I just wish that area was something more than bathrooms! :rotfl:

OMG I always forget to look for the ring in the HM queue! Gotta remind myself next time! :faint:

The Tiki Room! Not my favorite, but I do like that it's a classic, so that's cool! Glad you liked it! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter