Top 10 things to bring for your stateroom

Zip lock bags, the shoe holder over the door is great. Don't forget medicine it cost me $180 to get a $35 bottle of insulin in Mexico it was 35 per bottle I got two and the rest was a tip for the crew mate who was going into port so stopped to get the rx. If I had seen the ship dr it would cost me at least that much to see the dr and get an rx, we went the illegal way but it worked. I shouldn't say illegal as Mexico didn't require rx for this drug, A very expensive life lesson!!:banana::tinker:

Remember enough insulin syringes if you're diabetic

At some McDonalds, they have two-seater drink carriers that collapse flat. At Quick Trip (gas stations), they have four-seaters that collapse flat. Both are thin cardboard. They take up NO SPACE in your luggage, and are handy for a drink run for the family to bring soft drinks back to your cabin. Then they fold away and can slide most anywhere to keep them out of the way.

Hadn't thought of that, but that is an excellent idea...

Bump!
Thanks all for the great ideas..
would love to see more ideas for parents with kids under 5.
Would you bring a stroller for 3 yr old?

If you just want it for excursions and such, I would skip it. We have used one of the ship's stroller and it worked great. They put around a 200 dollar charge on your account, which is credited once the stroller is returned. Our 2-year old was able to do all other walking (like the airport) just fine.

Is it OK to bring a swiss army knife? You know the kind that have a cork screw for wine bottles and a bottle opener...of course there is a knife, scissors, etc. on it.

Always bring flashlights...When I was in Hawaii the electricity went out on a big area on th island. It was our last night and after we finished packing we played hide n seek with MANY other hotel guests.:rotfl:

Noticed mention of an iPod dock, light up alarm clock, and nighlights on the list of things to bring. The room we had on the Dream included an iPod dock alarm clock. The time was plenty bright and actually worked as a nightlight for the trip for us. In fact it was too bright and ended up getting turned to the wall during our trip so that everyone could sleep.

To all you princesses of overplanning (and princes), I'm with you all the way:laundy:

All fabulous suggestions!
I'm wondering if hanging car airfreshers would be more convienient to pack than sprays, etc.
The Dream has IPod docking stations and luggage fits under the bed.
Mickey and Minnie window clings and magnetic door decorations made it fun.
Join your cruise meet group and do the FE thing.
pop up hamper is a must
binocculars - for sea surprises
lanyards and a watch
String backpacks for excursions (they take up no room and work well for bike rides on CC)
Theater candy for the kids to take to the movies

A small travel iron (they have one in the laundry room also)...and make sure u have cash for the stamps on castaway cay or nassau.

I always bring cash...the atm fee's are high, except in nassau, there are no atm fee's to take out cash...

Irons are a BIG no no, but hand held steamers work pretty good. We always bring one.

We (DD38 and GodD 19) are first time cruisers. Thanks for all of the helpful tips.

Yvonne

Small journal and glue stick:

The last cruise (and this one coming in May) our children miss school. We bring a small journal so they can write down what they did each day, and a glue stick for little items that can be put in it. Airline stubs, stickers they have received and little notes from our cabin stewards (and at Disney Resorts) which they get a big kick out of. You can put them right in their journal and its ready to go back to school for the teacher to see. If I knew how to add pics I'd post some!

My favorite tip from my last cruise was the Intuition Razors for the ladies. It has a solid shaving cream around the blade so no sep shaving cream necessary.

Wanted to add that we brought a couple of things that we didn't need, because rooms on Dream are a little different....didn't use the bungee cord suggestion for our connecting rooms, they have little magnets to hold the door open. In our room we didn't use the extension cord, as there seem to be more plugs, though my DD used it in the kids' room for multiple iPods, curlers & laptops. Also, as stated, definitely didn't need nightlight, as there is now a light up clock & the Wave phones are really bright. We had to cover them! For a flashlight I just use my iPhone. Our old shoe hanger from Target fit perfectly on the bathroom door. Also--be sure to bring enough sunscreen! For our family of 4 we went through one spray bottle per day!

The Dream seemed to have less storage space, especially since there is no steamer trunk. After we got home I purchased a sweater/shirt closet hanging bag at IKEA for around $5.00. Target has them too. We'll bring that along next time.

I cruise often, although not on DCL.
If you are all staying together in your cabin (or even if you have connecting), one of MY top 10 is:

Over the door shoe hanger (clear).
You can put your brushes, sun tan lotion, medicines, toilitries, hair products, camera batteries, etc, ALL in the over the door hanger.
It makes the room much less cluttered and you can find everything.
I usually get connecting staterooms and my children also have one for their room.

Ditto, my DH says it is the best tip we ever got from the Dis:thumbsup2
Just makes it so much easier to find things as well, rather than searching through all the drawers.

In the minority here.
Nothing.
Stateroom had everything we needed.
Hair dryer was fine. Plugged the videocamera battery charger in the outlet behind the TV and the digital camera charger in the plug on the hair dryer.
Put dirty clothing in suitcases that we had stored under the bed.
All our shoes fit on the floor of the closet, put our toiletries on the shelves in the bathroom. All our clothing fit in the drawers or closet.

Ditto, I'm bringing as little as possible. It's just me and DH :wizard: and the outlets/blow dryer/storage space, etc. will have to do. Don't imagine I'll be anything less than thrilled with the entire experience :cool1:

Irons are a BIG no no, but hand held steamers work pretty good. We always bring one.

When we came off the Disney Wonder in LA on March 20, we passed the Lost and Found table. Once you get your luggage and clear customs, you pass the table.

On it were probably 10-15 irons that had been confiscated at the start of the cruise and held until then. It was interesting. I imagine there were a few upset/irate passengers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter