Top 10 things to bring for your stateroom

After reading all these tips I just had a great idea for our 14 day Trans-Atlantic. I am trying to really cut back on what we pack so we won't have to pay a fortune to the airlines for luggage- I am going to take a couple of those Ziplock XXL Big Bags and use them to pack our clothes in and compress the air out to make it ?smaller in our suitcase. Then I am going to use those bags to take our dirty laundry to the washer/dryer area, and maybe use them again to put all of our towels/junk in on excursions.
If anyone has any other ideas on how to pack light please let me know. The airlines have taken the fun out of packing.

I strongly suggest you forget about the charges for you luggage, you are paying thousands for flights, thousands for the cruise and more...

whats another $100 for that extra bag.

....... Also, as stated, definitely didn't need nightlight, as there is now a light up clock & the Wave phones are really bright. We had to cover them! For a flashlight I just use my iPhone. Our old shoe hanger from Target fit perfectly on the bathroom door. Also--be sure to bring enough sunscreen! For our family of 4 we went through one spray bottle per day!

This one I'm not sure about...I was really missing my light-up clock on the Dream. We had the clock/ipad dock but it did not light up in the dark...maybe was defective...lol But I missed my light up clock that also serves as a night light, so will bring it next time.

I strongly suggest you forget about the charges for you luggage, you are paying thousands for flights, thousands for the cruise and more...
whats another $100 for that extra bag.

I actually just made this decision too...well, similar anyway...

we were going to take a taxi to make a "beverage" run at the port....then realized if we spend $35 on bringing another bag, we can stock it with better and cheaper things purchased at Costco & Trader Joe's, and bypass the whole trek in the cab. What were we thinking?!

:rotfl2:

Glad to have found this list. Will certainly be reading over it for my cruise next year.

Great tips!
Question, I see alot of suggestions for walkie-talkies. The magic now has wave-phones right? And also do the rooms have an ipod dock?

This tread started before the wave phones came about, so walkie talkie not needed. As for iPod doc, so far only the dream has those.

Just booked our very first DCL for June 2012, and this thread is a HUGE help! Thanks to all who shared.

We brought 6 suction cup hook things that worked great for hanging everyone's wash cloths up in the shower. We also used one to hold a small plastic hanger that we used for wet swim suits.

We also brought liquid soap for washing hands. So much easier than a slippery bar of soap for the kids.

Couldn't live without the over the door shoe holders or power strip.

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions! Now if I could just get a volunteer to pack....:lmao:

Noticed mention of an iPod dock, light up alarm clock, and nighlights on the list of things to bring. The room we had on the Dream included an iPod dock alarm clock. The time was plenty bright and actually worked as a nightlight for the trip for us. In fact it was too bright and ended up getting turned to the wall during our trip so that everyone could sleep.

I really hope they add these to the Wonder and Magic...they were great. :thumbsup2

These are all great tips a lot of them for families more than a husband and wife but I'll remember them for the future. I am happy to be the next generation. =)

I was on the Magic 7 night Eastern Caribbean April 9-16, 2011. There were absolutely no clocks in any of the staterooms. I was told by my stateroom host that since many of the propeller clocks were broken or unreliable, the decision was made to take them all out of every stateroom - the day we boarded in fact. He told me that they were getting new clocks like the ones on the Dream (with iPod docks) and that they had not arrived in time for our sailing. We were encouraged to use wake-up calls or tune the TV to a station that showed the time. I was glad that I brought a small battery operated alarm clock with me. I didn't hear much rumbling from others, but I was surprised that they chose to take out the old clocks before the new ones came in. Hopefully they have been put on board by now.

I don't know how you could oversleep on departure day, they knocked on our door at 7 am 45 minutes before we planned to get up on departure day to "make sure we were up"

Ditto. We had 8:15 breakfast. At 8:00 they POUNDED on our door "just to make sure we were up." OK, it doesn't take me 15 minutes to walk to the restaurant!

However, I do find that my lighted alarm clock works best for me when I wake up in the middle of the night.

I was on the Magic 7 night Eastern Caribbean April 9-16, 2011. There were absolutely no clocks in any of the staterooms. I was told by my stateroom host that since many of the propeller clocks were broken or unreliable, the decision was made to take them all out of every stateroom - the day we boarded in fact. He told me that they were getting new clocks like the ones on the Dream (with iPod docks) and that they had not arrived in time for our sailing. We were encouraged to use wake-up calls or tune the TV to a station that showed the time. I was glad that I brought a small battery operated alarm clock with me. I didn't hear much rumbling from others, but I was surprised that they chose to take out the old clocks before the new ones came in. Hopefully they have been put on board by now.

Aww, my husband loved those propeller clocks! :laughing: Anyone know if the new clocks are up and running yet?

Small journal and glue stick:

The last cruise (and this one coming in May) our children miss school. We bring a small journal so they can write down what they did each day, and a glue stick for little items that can be put in it. Airline stubs, stickers they have received and little notes from our cabin stewards (and at Disney Resorts) which they get a big kick out of. You can put them right in their journal and its ready to go back to school for the teacher to see. If I knew how to add pics I'd post some!

My second grader did this too, it was a request from her teacher as an "assignment" for missing school. I'm so glad she asked her to do it, because it turned out to be a great keepsake!

:thumbsup2 Thanks for all of the super tips and ideas. It took awhile to read them, but it was worth it. For the ladies, I take a cute headband with me so if I don't want to mess with my hair, I just use the headband!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter