• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Too soon for an October 13 F&W thread? I hope not...

We will be there from 10/11-10/19 at OKW in a 2br. We usually go every year and stay at the BWVs or BCVs but didn't know if we were going to go this year so we were late in making our reservations. We are delighted to be staying at one of our "homes" together. We will be attending MNSSHP one night as well as grazing & guzzling around the World.

We be there Oct. 2-8 BWV. Last time we did F&W we only had one day. We picked a Thursday (no local crowd). Well it RAINED that day, it was a new record for Orlando, 8" of rain in 24 hrs. We had our Urban Sombreros (J. Peterman Catalog) , Ponchos and Teva's and we had a great time. It wasn't our first but it's the one we will never forget.

10/9-10/15 at AKL. Can't wait as we haven't been to F&W in many years. Looking forward to getting the concert schedule :).

BWV. Wondering if two nights is enough. Considering MNSSHP too. Never been to FW and it's the first trip for us w/o the kids!

Will be there 10/26 through 10/29. Lots of us at BCV!! Us too, but I've stayed there and now I want Wilderness. LOL I know, it's totally not convenient for F & W but I want to try it there.

I can't wait. F & W is my fave!!

BWV. Wondering if two nights is enough. Considering MNSSHP too. Never been to FW and it's the first trip for us w/o the kids!

We are arriving on Oct 16 too. (Oct 16-Nov6) and at BWV. Well during the week it is usually less crowded but on a Wed night during FW they usually have EMH so then more crowded and harder to get around. If you don't care during the day is great no lines so you can do alot. We like to wander then since you can easily walk for BWV. Then go back at night because we know what we want and where it is.. try to look online when it gets close to see what each booth has and prices...:)

We are going October 19-26th. Staying at AKL. We have 2 kids with us and will enjoy MNSSHP and the F&W.

Hi All!

We'll be going for our first F&W and first MNSSHP (if we can decide that it won't scare our two youngest boys too much...). We couldn't get what we wanted for December at BLT, so we changed the entire trip!

We're booked at AKL-Kidani from October 15-23rd, waitlisted for BCV for the entire trip. We've never stayed at AKL, so we hope to like it!

I still have to read through the entire thread, but please send all suggestions about how to manage F&W with three rowdy boys. DH and I want to have fun and not have to listen to them complain about being bored too much! Maybe they'll be ok with staying a couple of times in the kids' club at AKL (there is one, right?)?

I'm going with a group of friends for the first time ever Oct 20-23. It will be 6 or 8 of us with no kids. I've always wanted to do F&W and I've always wanted to do Epcot without kids so I'm super excited about this! We are currently booked in a 2BR TPV at BLT. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated....how much money do we need? Is one day in Epcot enough? What time should we start on F&W at Epcot? October is way too far away right now!!!

We'll be there!!! We went for F&W in 2010 and 2011. We had to skip 2012 since I was pregnant and my doctor didn't want me travelling past 28 weeks, so we went in September instead. But we made sure to book our trip in 2013 at 11 months out...so we'll be staying at BWV in a 2BR from 10/19 - 10/27. I'm so excited since this is the first time we'll actually be at an Epcot resort during F&W!!

Kidani, Oct 20-26. Have stayed at either BWV or BCV for the last four years for F & W. It was time to try someplace different. I will admit that it is nice to be able to walk home from F & W at night.

Any way to list in the original post when everyone will be there in case someone wants to organize a meet up?

Yes--I am going to do that as soon as I get around to it. I actually started to make a list and it was taking longer than expected and then something else came up....but I will do that. I know this has been requested by others, so I'll get it done!

We are going for the first time! So excited to eat and drink myself into a food coma.
BLT in a 1bd LV from Sept 28-Oct 2
Then our waitlist for BCV just came through today!!! Will be there from Oct 2-5.

Can't wait and so excited to try BLT for the first time and get back to BCV after a 4.5 year break. Last time we were there dd3 was only 5m old. She will be just shy of 5 this fall. Will be a very different trip. The older girls love BCV too and can't wait to hang in SAB.
Wish it was sooner :cool1:

Yes--I am going to do that as soon as I get around to it. I actually started to make a list and it was taking longer than expected and then something else came up....but I will do that. I know this has been requested by others, so I'll get it done!

Thanks a bunch! If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.

Finalized my dates this morning, and they're slightly different from what I originally posted. I'm going 10/15-10/25. The first 4 notes I'm at AKV-Kidani, which I'm really excited about trying-I've never stayed at Kidani, only Jambo. Then on 10/19, I move to BCV until the 25th. I'm using FF miles, so I just had to take the closest dates I could. And fortunately, there were rooms at Kidani for those extra nights.

We be there Oct. 2-8 BWV. Last time we did F&W we only had one day. We picked a Thursday (no local crowd). Well it RAINED that day, it was a new record for Orlando, 8" of rain in 24 hrs. We had our Urban Sombreros (J. Peterman Catalog) , Ponchos and Teva's and we had a great time. It wasn't our first but it's the one we will never forget.

I know this is a kind of old post, but are you referring to a day in early October, 2011?

I only ask because we were there (I believe Oct 2-10) at that time and, while I am used to the typical mid-day showers, it rained for a ~1.5 day period like I had never seen before. It started one evening while we were in Epcot and came down so hard you could barely see. And the strange thing was it did not stop until the next night. I thought someone told me while I was there that it was a record rainfall of some sort. It rained a lot that trip, but nothing like that 24-36 hour period.

Maybe we met you at Epcot! We met a lot of folks while waiting around. We spent most of our time inside the Mexico pavilion. Much to my surprise, Epcot still put on Illuminations in the rain after a delay in which the rain died down a bit.

We went last year around the same time. We spent 5 beautiful nights in Vero and then headed up for 2 night at WDW. It rained during both of our 2 nights in WDW (including two trips to MNSSHP)!

We are going again this year at the same time (9/28-10/6) and hope third times a charm!

Whoops! I didn't see that this thread was old. I thought it was for October 2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter