• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Too soon for an October 13 F&W thread? I hope not...

I know this is a kind of old post, but are you referring to a day in early October, 2011?

I only ask because we were there (I believe Oct 2-10) at that time and, while I am used to the typical mid-day showers, it rained for a ~1.5 day period like I had never seen before. It started one evening while we were in Epcot and came down so hard you could barely see. And the strange thing was it did not stop until the next night. I thought someone told me while I was there that it was a record rainfall of some sort. It rained a lot that trip, but nothing like that 24-36 hour period.

Maybe we met you at Epcot! We met a lot of folks while waiting around. We spent most of our time inside the Mexico pavilion. Much to my surprise, Epcot still put on Illuminations in the rain after a delay in which the rain died down a bit.

We went last year around the same time. We spent 5 beautiful nights in Vero and then headed up for 2 night at WDW. It rained during both of our 2 nights in WDW (including two trips to MNSSHP)!

We are going again this year at the same time (9/28-10/6) and hope third times a charm!

That was it! We had a heck of a time. We seemed to be behind this group of Australian most of the time. We were there for the food and they for the wine. The weather said was coming in for the east and west (somehow) and dumping on Epcot.

We just booked 10/19 - 10/22 getaway without the kids. It will be our 2nd visit to F & W. We are staying at SSR but have a waitlist wish for BCV pixie dust (a long shot, I know).

Cannot wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter