Tom & Heidi 1/19/09 Italy WD/WP/Narcoossee's/Sago Cay...Sprint to the Finish!!!

It is so elegant and gorgeous, Heidi! I think it especially complements a girl with height like you. You look like a Disney princess in it :lovestruc

So, I did it! Found THE dress in three days! Can't believe it, and it's not at all what I thought I wanted, but it's really beautiful and I'm excited about it!

I also called the shop, and it comes in in late Oct...although I won't be there to pick it up for a while.

I love that dress. You look amazing in it!!!

The dress is gorgeous Heidi!!!!!!!!!! I'm soo happy you found one you love and in 3 days!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Wow Heidi, that's amazing you found something so quickly. Knowing how short you are on time, you did awesome! It is absolultely beautiful! Cannot wait to hear more.

that is a very pretty dress and will look wonderful on you.. congrats on finding it!:goodvibes

ooooh I love your dress, glad you found one you liked!!!

It is so elegant and gorgeous, Heidi! I think it especially complements a girl with height like you. You look like a Disney princess in it :lovestruc

I love that dress. You look amazing in it!!!

I love the dress the details are very pretty!! Congrats on finding it! :banana:

Thank you all so much! :hug: Picking a dress is like picking a venue at WDW. There are SOOO many beautiful options...it's hard to say yes to only one!

So, after that whirlwind trip, we came back to Germany and Tom deployed to Iraq about 5 weeks later. :sad1:

He's doing well, but I'm really glad I have a wedding to plan. It gives me something to obsess about and keep me busy. :surfweb:

Of course, since we changed our plans, things were not really as far along as I like.

As I posted a few days ago, I finally broke down and created STDs, since we didn't even have our contract signed. Of course, the very next day, the contract came. Now, that was a wet blanket! It's so much fun to dream and plan about a DFTW, but it's not fun to read about all the legal aspects of it!

But, I got it into the mail, so at least it's done. I'm still waiting on the STDs, but should get them this week.

I looked around for "Will You Be My Bridesmaid" Cards. There are some beautiful hand made ones on ebay, but I really feel behind the power curve for asking (especially since two that I'm asking are in Iraq), so I decided it was quickest to make my own.

I'm not super artistic...but they came out alright.

DSC04068.jpg

I've also been assigned my WP!!! Her name is Michelle. We actually met with her at the PS, but since the PS was so impromptu, we didn't think she would be assigned to us! I'm super excited to get started with specific planning ideas!

Till next time...

That dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! You look stunning in it!! :worship: :worship:

Very good choice :thumbsup2 The veil is really pretty too :goodvibes

I love the cards you made aswell :wizard:

I agree about the contact being a wet blanket...a true reality check!

I am a buyer for a living so I'm obsessive with contracts.
My mood when I got it was something like this....

:woohoo: I got my contract
:eek: Crap there are a ton of stipulations and expenses
:idea: Wait! No problems I will be a busy bee and read tons.

Oh...and I definitely insisted things be red lined :upsidedow

We only paid $300 to add the second park (we added MGM) and I don't think the prices have gone up yet :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing the picture of your mom; you can tell she was pretty shocked. That is too funny how your dad reacted too.

I totally agree about David's Bridal, I didn't have a good experience at one either. I love the detailing on your dress. The beading looks so pretty.

Your cards are so cute! We made a lot of our things too instead of buying them plus it adds a personal touch. Disbrides are known for their crafts!

The last dress is BREATHTAKING!!!!!!! Great choice!!!!! The color is beautiful and it looks perfect on you!!

I love your dress!! It's beautiful!! I didn't get off to a great start at David's Bridal, but it got better. I actually went in with a list of dresses i wanted to try, then pulled a few out as no longer options. My consultant took one of those and pretty much made me try it on. It's the one i bought! :lmao:

And your bridesmaid cards are too cute!!

Heidi- gorgeous dress! Great find in only 3 days! You go girl:cool1:

cute BM cards! Have fun planning...keep us in on it!

That dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! You look stunning in it!! :worship: :worship:

Very good choice :thumbsup2 The veil is really pretty too :goodvibes

I love the cards you made aswell :wizard:

Thank you!!!!

I agree about the contact being a wet blanket...a true reality check!

I am a buyer for a living so I'm obsessive with contracts.
My mood when I got it was something like this....

:woohoo: I got my contract
:eek: Crap there are a ton of stipulations and expenses
:idea: Wait! No problems I will be a busy bee and read tons.

Oh...and I definitely insisted things be red lined :upsidedow

I know!!! I hate to display my cluelessness, but what is "red lined?" :blush:

We only paid $300 to add the second park (we added MGM) and I don't think the prices have gone up yet :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing the picture of your mom; you can tell she was pretty shocked. That is too funny how your dad reacted too.

I totally agree about David's Bridal, I didn't have a good experience at one either. I love the detailing on your dress. The beading looks so pretty.

Your cards are so cute! We made a lot of our things too instead of buying them plus it adds a personal touch. Disbrides are known for their crafts!

$300 isn't bad! I'm definitely doing that, if that's the case!

I'm learning about all the craftiness here! It's amazing!

The last dress is BREATHTAKING!!!!!!! Great choice!!!!! The color is beautiful and it looks perfect on you!!

Thank you! I have olive colored skin, so it ended up looking a lot better than I thought.

I love your dress! It is sooo pretty!

Thank you!

I love your dress!! It's beautiful!! I didn't get off to a great start at David's Bridal, but it got better. I actually went in with a list of dresses i wanted to try, then pulled a few out as no longer options. My consultant took one of those and pretty much made me try it on. It's the one i bought! :lmao:

And your bridesmaid cards are too cute!!

I know what you mean! I wouldn't have tried on mine without some prodding, either!

Heidi- gorgeous dress! Great find in only 3 days! You go girl:cool1:

cute BM cards! Have fun planning...keep us in on it!

Thank you!

BTW...I forgot to mention it's La Sposa Marsella!

I will get on with my planning ideas, but I wanted to post some updates.

The contract came in last week and I got it in the mail to Kristi!!! :banana: I was really stressing that. Still am, actually, since I still need them to send out the STDs, so folks can start reserving the rooms.

I'm really disappointed about the STDs from Disney changing. I can't wait till the end of October for the new ones to come out. This will mean my guests will get the info, but not the cool packet that comes with it. I've tried to make up for it with a website of my own, but I love the personalized look of the new STDs. Oh well...

I did get the STD cards I ordered from Zazzle in the mail today!!! I'm super thrilled. Of course, I didn't get any of them addressed or in the mail yet! I'm bad!

I also gave one of my BM cards, put one in the mail, and put the other two in care packages to send to Iraq. I didn't want to send nothing but a card to those gals. They'd wonder where their goodies were! If you have friends/family in Iraq...send baked goods! Those are the best.

Also, my MOH went to a Morilee shop in Atlanta and looked at BM dresses. She thought they were nice and even said she would wear it again to a company function with her DH. I'm contemplating a dusty purple color. I originally wanted tiffany blue, but I'm not sure that's going to work. Problem is...the pictures, swatches and catalog for Morilee all make the color look different. In the catalog "Aubergine" looks like a lovely dusty purple, but on the web, it looks deep purple. Of course they didn't have any in the store. Has anyone seen one up close?

We're leaning to one of these two styles

Morilee 202

Morilee 209

I also called Impressions today to discuss invitations. Shelley was super sweet to talk to on the phone. I have to send her some ideas and see what she comes up with.

I hope everyone is doing okay back at work after the Labor Day weekend!

Your BM dresses are really pretty. My MOH dress is from Mori lee too. I origianlly wanted all 3 bridesmaids in Mori Lee but they don't do many dresses in yellow.

Heidi sounds like things are moving along quickly!! But- I did want to let you know a couple girls have had some trouble lately with Shelly from Impressions. I don't know if their experiences are a fluke or what.

Thank you!!!!

I know!!! I hate to display my cluelessness, but what is "red lined?" :blush:

just corrections...crossing a line thru things you don't agree with. Of course it's usually only acceptable to do that if you have called the WC or WP and reached a verbal agreement. Sorry...gettting too businessy on your PJ! Back to your funness! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter