Tom & Heidi 1/19/09 Italy WD/WP/Narcoossee's/Sago Cay...Sprint to the Finish!!!

YEAH! Another PJ!!!
I love Macs! I didn't realize you could put something into keynote and export it...As BF says, I should RTFM (Read The F***** Manual) Someday I'll get around to it! Love the STD's! Keep the pix coming!!!!

Heidi, that is awesome!!! Great job! Now get some sleep so you can give us more details tomorrow! (how many hours are you ahead of WDW?)

Thanks! I'm six hours ahead of WDW. I've been staying up WAY past my bedtime! A bit of a DISboard obsession, I think :confused3 :rotfl:

Love your save the dates!!!

Thanks! I'm just hoping they arrive QUICKLY!

YEAH! Another PJ!!!
I love Macs! I didn't realize you could put something into keynote and export it...As BF says, I should RTFM (Read The F***** Manual) Someday I'll get around to it! Love the STD's! Keep the pix coming!!!!

Don't worry. I didn't read the manual, either. I just knew I couldn't put text on a photo in iPhoto (or didn't know how), so I did it in Keynote. Then, I happened to be looking at the menus and saw "Send To" and there was iPhoto! How convenient!:laughing:

The STD's look great!!!! It's great picture of you two.

Thank you! It's one of the Roots' e-pics they took of us. It was convenient that it had a lot of sky showing, so I could put the text! ;)

YaY for the pj!! Love the STD's! So jealous you get to have a disney wedding twice! Can't wait to see more!

The STDs turned out great; I used Zazzle for our custom stamps and they were fantastic.

The web site really is wonderful. The colors are so engaging and the information for your guests is really helpful. We did a tea at the Gardenview Room the weekend of our wedding and the ladies loved it! We even bought hats to wear for the occasion :cutie:

WOW! Heidi -- that is just gorgeous!! You are really talented to figure that all out and get it composed so beautifully! Loving your PJ. Can't wait to hear more and I am so glad you love posting pix! :cloud9:

ok..i just read your website and want to know when my Save the Date packet is coming!!! LOL!!!

YaY for the pj!! Love the STD's!

I'm glad y'all like them! I'm so proud that they're budget (particularly with the free shipping coupon!), since I don't think any other part of the wedding will be!!:lmao:

I love your website too, Heidi!!! :lovestruc The Roots took fabulous e-pics; the one you chose is perfect :cutie:

I have Lurkyloo (Carrie) to thank for them! They are the sweetest couple, too!

We did a tea at the Gardenview Room the weekend of our wedding and the ladies loved it! We even bought hats to wear for the occasion :cutie:

I loved your hats...particularly yours!!! I have to start hat-shopping!

WOW! Heidi -- that is just gorgeous!! You are really talented to figure that all out and get it composed so beautifully! Loving your PJ. Can't wait to hear more and I am so glad you love posting pix! :cloud9:

I really am not nearly as crafty as some of you probably are...that's why I LOVE my Mac. It makes me LOOK artistic :rolleyes1

ok..i just read your website and want to know when my Save the Date packet is coming!!! LOL!!!

That's the worst part of all this! Most of you are probably more interested in these details than some of my guests will be!!! It's not fair that we can't have it all:sad1: Seriously, though, I agree with you. I'd love to be a guest at ALL the weddings I see here. So many creative, beautiful touches!

I just got an email that my contract is here for my review (go figure!), so I better look at that and get dinner cooking before I write any more. I hate cooking for one...anyone feel like comin' over for dinner ;)

i will be on the next flight!!(for dinner)

do you have to have a minimum people book for those rates?

i am 3 hours from the World..if you see a strange lady wearing a "Disney Fairy Tale Wedding" robe off to the side watching and crying..don't have her arrested..just tell me..er, her to get lost

i will be on the next flight!!(for dinner)

do you have to have a minimum people book for those rates?

i am 3 hours from the World..if you see a strange lady wearing a "Disney Fairy Tale Wedding" robe off to the side watching and crying..don't have her arrested..just tell me..er, her to get lost

I would love company for dinner, if anyone wants to visit Germany :) I don't think there's a minimum people...it's just the room block for the wedding. I'm a little fuzzy on room block, but if it starts to fill up, I have to increase it, because they can only hold 20% more rooms than I "agree" to. Confusing! :confused:

Now, on with the show...:wizard:

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Subbing so I can read all about your fairy tale weddings!!!!

Okay...where was I? Oh, yes.

We had just gotten married (at 8:00am), and at 3:00pm we had a Planning Session with Michelle.

When I found out I was coming home and going to Disney within a couple weeks, I emailed Kristi frantic about being able to do a PS. It was going to be my only chance to get to WDW before the wedding, and I wanted to have a PS. They always look like so much fun!!!

Kristi was super sweet, but things were a little backwards. She couldn't meet with us till Sunday to go over venues, but she had already mentioned an idea to us. We met in Germany, got together in France and visited Italy together (among other places), so we were thinking of an "around the world" theme with wedding in Germany, reception in France, DP in Italy. I liked the idea, so that's what we were going with.

So, she set it up for us to meet with Michelle on Friday to talk specifics for this plan, and then she would go over the specifics of venues with us on Sunday. No problem...or so I thought.

I was still on a high from marrying the hottest guy ever at WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! And I thought it would be nothing but fun, fun, fun to plan the next installment. I walked into Franck's and was blown away (who isn't?). Then, I met Michelle (super sweet, BTW), but she started doing her job and asking all these questions that I WASN'T PREPARED TO ANSWER! :scared1: :rotfl: I think they started to worry about me, because I got quieter and quieter, and by the end I was plum worn out.

I just hadn't had time to think about it all. Normally, you obsess for MONTHS, THEN go to the PS. I did it backwards, and it didn't work out too well. We met with Rose, as well (also wonderful!!!), but ideally you would walk away feeling comfortable that your decisions were set in stone. I walked away feeling I didn't know what I didn't know. I now was more unsure than ever.

Don't get me wrong. DFTW was great. They accommodated my crazy situation, instead of making me stick to the recommended way of doing things. And it was still wonderful to be there planning our wedding. Here's a few pics we snapped that day. My hair was still done from the wedding, because I didn't want to take it down :bride: :cutie:

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

We did settle on these centerpieces for the Illuminations at Italy Isola. They are simple and will give off a nice glow. They're just personalized vellum paper around a wine glass with battery operated tea lights. We're going to have red and white checkered tableclothes with a "Lady & the Tramp" Bella Notte theme.

DSC_0234.jpg

I also really liked these invites for the "Lady and the Tramp" party.

DSC_0223.jpg

We also chose the Mad Hatter Cake to go along with the "three country" theme. We planned to do a Blue and White "Bavarian Flag" on one layer to represent Germany, something "French" on the second layer, and red and white checkers for Italy on the top.

After we were done at Franck's, we walked over to the WP "just for fun" to check it out. I shouldn't have done that!

DSC_0244.jpg

I saw this and was IMMEDIATELY conflicted. I had just spent a month talking to Kristi about the "world" theme. I had just spent a whole day planning my wedding for a completely DIFFERENT event, and now I was in love with the WP!!! Uh-oh!

So, DH and I walked around the GF. We had ADR at the CG in an hour or so, so we had some time to kill. I was trying to run through all the options and issues in my head, and I was just getting more and more confused. DH was trying to help me figure it out, but I finally told him the problem with making a decision about ONE venue is that I'm saying NO to all these other beautiful possibilities!

At one point, the stress of it all got to me, and I actually started crying, because I needed to make a decision and couldn't! That really worried DH, because he was like "my bride is crying on her wedding day!!" But, it was planned as a working wedding, and that's what it was :laughing:

The story does get better, but I really need to get to bed, so I'll leave off there. But, at least we're finally talking about planning. And we're still planning on using those tealight lampshades!

OMG so glad you started!!! Just getting caught up on it all!!

first, the STD's are awesome! You did a really great job! And i love the colors of your website!! You're very talented!!

second, man I really loved the idea of the around the world theme!! That sounded really cool!! Obviously by the tone, i can tell you're switching to WP which is beautiful too, but hopefully you can keep the around the world theme to it!!

Heidi,

Another great update! Wow you got a lot done in such a short period. Love the ideas you have so far!

i loved reading your first pj/tr and i am loving this one already.

the save the dates are so pretty great choice.. i love the little lamp shades.

Heidi-
You're cool. I like where you head is at. So far your PJ is great. Thanks for sharing with us

PS- you're getting married (again) on my birthday
:simba:

Hey, sounds like a true Dis Bride! Completely enthusiastic! :thumbsup2
You and your DF are incredibly cute! I was reading your first page to my DF out loud and telling him how cute your story is!

I am the same with the worrying about choosing the wrong venue. At one point Disney had to reserve two dates and two venues for us so that we could make up our mind. I felt so bad I ended up picking quickly so that someone else could get the date if they wanted it. :rotfl:

Great next installment!!! And, I felt the same way you did after my PS. I was so exhausted by the end of it I had no clue what I had said yes to or if I liked any decision I made. I went through each decision second guessing it until I realized, I made the right decision in the first place!! Can't wait to hear the rest of yours!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter