TK and Tink: The Trip Report You Never Saw Coming - *Update 7-22* P43

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by TarzansKat, May 31, 2009.

1. TarzansKat

TarzansKat Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Well...on this trip, anyway.

I just wanted to do a mini update here. I know Tink had planned to talk about her morning, but I didn't want to leave you guys hanging.

I have in my notes that I slept well. Although I find it's always difficult to get used a new bed. That first Disney sleep is one of the most fun, because it's the...oh gosh...I have a whole Disney day ahead of me tomorrow...kind of sleep and I really enjoy that anticipation of the whole trip being ahead of you.

Even when you're doing a short weekend, it's still a wonderful feeling. And I would call what Tink and I did as relaxed planning. Prior to the trip we discussed our lists of must dos. In regard to rides, food, touring. And so we had that in mind when we went to the parks and to eat, and it was so helpful. Much like Heidi's list of three things, it's good to have some loose game plan.

Anyway, I woke up at 600am, and Miss Tink was already gone for her morning walk of solitude. I feel all of sudden like talking about Kryptonite and Fortresses. :lmao:

Anyhoo, it was an extremely relaxing morning. I got up and used the coffee maker to boil water for tea. Tink had given me more of one of my favorite teas, it's a vanilla roobois with a hint of caramel finish. Really a dessert tea, but I like it for breakfast. Hey, I was on vacation. I sat at our little table in the room with my tea and my journal and wrote out all my recollections of the previous day. It was nice to get everything out, and to just sit and sip.

I finally started to get ready, and I must tell you something. Not that I don't absolutely adore my family, I do.

It was so nice to get ready in peace and quiet. It's a rare luxury and I love it. No one talking, no one asking me for anything, no one to take care of by myself. No offense Tink, but I think I enjoyed your morning walks as much as you did. :lmao: And our trip was really the perfect blend of together and alone time. Although there wasn't much alone time, but we were both cognizant of some space when we needed it.

Honestly, she's the yin to my yang. :thumbsup2

When Tink got back, it was time to start our day.

Whereve were we headed? ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MRYPPNS

MRYPPNS Practically Prefect in Every Way

ahhhhhhh. You, a cup of tea and silence. Bliss.

4. LegoMom3

LegoMom3 I have just met you and I love you.

Noted and appreciated....;)

I love those moments. I love to wave at them as they pass by.....because they seem to go by so FAST!....:rotfl:

That's a rare gift you have there!...:goodvibes Treasure it.

Oh are you KIDDING ME????!!!!!!......:faint: You're really trying to do me in with this TR, aren't you?!!

[​IMG]

:lmao:

5. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Ahhhhhhhhhh, that just sounds blissful.

6. Native NYer

Native NYer DIS Veteran

A relaxing morning of quiet and a cup of tea is the perfect way to start the day. It's great that you managed to both have some alone time on the trip.

Your tea sounds delicious!

7. PaMom001

PaMom001 <marquee><font color=red>Used to be good at dodgin

Yay, another installment. :cool1::banana:

8. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

What a great Disney Morning!!! Thanks for sharing TK!! Nothing beats sharing Disney with the ones you love! I'm so happy that you have found a great friend in Tink!

9. TarzansKat

You may feel free to recreate that moment on your upcoming trip. ;)

:goodvibes

I love that line. I love that whole scene.

Oh gosh, thinking about it makes me feel a little flushed. Is it warm in here?

"Do tell, dearie." :love:

I do, I do, I do. :thumbsup2

Um, hon. You do know WHAT day this is, right? :lmao:

It was sooooo nice.

It was a really nice way to start the day. :thumbsup2 I wonder if would have the same effect if I tried to recreate that at home.

:goodvibes

Happy to share! :thumbsup2

10. If U Had Wings

If U Had Wings DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a wonderful peaceful morning. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!

11. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Morning silence -- a truly delicious way to start your first full day at Disney!!! :goodvibes

12. jenb1023

jenb1023 DIS Veteran

Finally all caught up with this TR and joining in!

Hi Tink! I know TK through Maroo and All7ofUs's PTR and wanted to read about your adventures. It sounds like an amazing trip so far!

Just a few quick thoughts. . . I love Kohl's too! You can get the best deals there. I don't know who remembered Kokomo from preschool but I remember Johnny Depp from 21 Jump Street (I was in high school) if that tells you how old I am! :rotfl:

How lucky you guys are to have found each other and that kind of friendship! To be able to go to WDW together, priceless! Can't wait to read more!

13. TarzansKat

Hopefully I'll get at least one more update in here before I leave for my trip. :thumbsup2

It was delicious! :goodvibes

First of all, on behalf of myself and Tink, :welcome:

You just didn't get enough of my brand of crazy over on those other threads, huh? ;) I'm happy to have you here! :goodvibes

We are very lucky to have our friendship.

14. PaMom001

Jen, where in central PA are you? I'm near Harrisburg.

15. TarzansKat

Pardon my random thought here.

You say Harrisburg, and all I can think of is My Fair Lady.

"Hartford, Harrisburg, and Hampshire, where hurricanes hardly ever happen." :lmao:

16. PaMom001

Well it's right. We hardly ever get hurricanes, we do get them though.

17. All7OfUs

All7OfUs <font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into

What a sweet way to begin the morning collecting your thoughts, remembering the day before, getting ready without having to hear the littany of "need a wiper", "where's my socks?", and my personal favorite, "I don't like oatmeal, can I have something else?"

I CANNOT wait for 11 months and 18 days!!

18. TarzansKat

See, that Professor Higgins did know what he was talking about.

AWWWW!!! Liesa needs some :grouphug:

19. MegansMom

MegansMom Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mou

That tea sounds scrumptious....does it have a name????

20. jenb1023

jenb1023 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the welcome! I love your brand of crazy - I think I may be a similar brand myself! :rotfl:

Then, we are practically neighbors! I live in Camp Hill.

I love My Fair Lady!!!

Whoops! Forgot to quote you Liesa but I can relate today! My DD stumbled into my room this morning still yawing and wiping the sleeping dirt from her eyes and the first words out of her mouth are "Mommy I am hungry."

21. TarzansKat

It's by Republic of Tea. I believe it's called Vanilla Roobois. They have a lot of wonderful roobois teas on their website, for those who don't know, those are a red tea that are naturally sweet and naturally caffeine free. Right up my alley. :thumbsup2

Always happy to share the insanity! :thumbsup2

Me too! I used to watch all kinds of musicals at my grandparents when I was little, and I've loved them ever since. The Sound of Music still makes me cry at certain parts because I think of watching it with my Granddad (who is no longer with us).