TK and Tink: The Trip Report You Never Saw Coming - *Update 7-22* P43

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by TarzansKat, May 31, 2009.

1. LegoMom3

LegoMom3 I have just met you and I love you.

Aren't those Florida downpours something?! Something else, to be sure....:eek:

So I'm back on the DIS after a week + of no Internet. I'm catching up on exactly two of my threads. This is one of them.:cloud9:

And can't wait until you get to Sunday!!!:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PaMom001

PaMom001 <marquee><font color=red>Used to be good at dodgin

:cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::cheer2: :cheer2: :wave2: :jumping1:party: :banana: :banana: LegoMom is back

4. MegansMom

MegansMom Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mou

I loved that update!!!! What a fun memory.......you found your "YAWP!!!" AND I THINK, it felt good!!!!! ;) 'Bout time!!!

(That comes from Dead Poet's Society........but I am sure you already knew that!)

5. TarzansKat

TarzansKat Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

YAY!!!! LegoMom is back! :goodvibes

I can imagine why you can't wait until Sunday. It's coming up, my dear. :thumbsup2

DITTO!!!! :goodvibes

Okay, I totally had to look it up because it's been years since I've seen that movie. :blush:

Yes, I did. :thumbsup2

6. torsie24

torsie24 Mummy to a perfect princess.

Awesome review so far guys!! :) I can't wait to read more. :)

7. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

I can so relate to that moment when it just breaks inside of you and you feel freedom sweeping over yourself when you can't control anything to make things "better" and instead of getting upset and frustrated, you laugh - it's so wonderful! And what a perfect time to share with a close girlfriend.

Who woulda thought a ride home in a cab in the pouring rain would be such a wonderful memory from a trip. LOVE IT!!

8. TarzansKat

Thank you! :goodvibes

It's one of the best feelings in the entire world.

I know! If you'd have asked me beforehand if I ever thought that a little...well, a lot of rain would make me so giddy, I'd never have imagined it.

9. jmamom

jmamom Mouseketeer

Just checking in - wanted to say Tink, Hope you are feeling better! and TK, one month and 5 days!!!!! So close!!!

10. TarzansKat

Thanks for checking in! I'm so excited about my trip, I can't wait!

I'm hoping to get an update in here soon, but I've been sick half the week (still recovering) so I'm flat out. First time on the DIS in days.

I've been going through withdrawals. ;)

11. jmamom

jmamom Mouseketeer

Well then I hope you are feeling better too! :flower3: I don't think you've missed much - I've been so bored this week and have been lokking around for somethinkg to keep me occupied. I think everyone's on vacation.:sad2:

12. TarzansKat

Thanks so much, hon!

I'm sure there are a lot of people trying to fit in those last minute trips before the kiddos go back to school. I know most of our public schools around here start next week. That always kills me, seeing those yellow school busses is the signal that summer is ending.

But also the signal that my trip is closer. ;) You must be getting excited too! :thumbsup2

13. jmamom

jmamom Mouseketeer

yes I am getting excited too, but time seems to have slowed to a crawl around here. My kids don't go back until the 10th :scared1: and they are bored silly. All the summer camps have finished, and they miss their friends. They would start tommorrow if they could! My little one is especially excited, since she's starting kindergarten and finally gets to be a big kid like her big brother and sister. You think I'd be a little sad, but she has been ready for at least a year, and I am doing a happy dance.:dance3: So anyway, too early to pack, everything is planned, just watching the minutes tick by.:surfweb:

14. All7OfUs

All7OfUs <font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into

HI TK!

Hope you're feeling better soon, so we can enjoy your company again!

Get well soon!

15. TarzansKat

Oh, what a bummer on them starting so late. How exciting for your youngest! My DS will go to kindergarten next year, and I'm pretty sure I'll be a big ole mess. :lmao:

Thanks so much, hon. I got a really nice nap today and lots of sleep last night, so I'm almost feeling up to par.

But, I have no voice. Fortunately, you don't need to be able to talk to DIS. :thumbsup2

16. Tinkerbellarella

Tinkerbellarella <font color=darkyellow>I was all like, "Um, well..

Hello, my friends, I'm baaaa-ck. (NOPoltergeist)

I'm in the process of catching up and will be doing quotes/comments in phases. Hang in there. Tink's wittiness to follow...

17. Tinkerbellarella

(NOBatmanandRobin)
    I'd SO be Batman, by the way. I'm WAY into accessories.

Aw. How sweet are you? I DO look happy, don't I. And I'm glad it's happiness I'm radiating and not something unpleasant...like BO...like so many other Disney guests. ::sigh::

Now let me just tell you that despite the fact that the emblem of the legendary Mouse is covering her face, TK is radiating happiness and relaxation and "OHMYGODWE'REFINALLYEATINGTHISMEAL!!!" every bit as much as I am. And to call her be-a-u-ti-ful would be an understatement.

We were two hot chicks. Too hot chicks, even.

OK, people. Do you have ANY idea how difficult it is to go PAST the MK and not go in?!?!?! I do believe I gave TK my pouty face. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of said pouty face. But it's darn near irresistable.

I'm learning it from BF.

He's the Pouty Face Master.

insert record scratching noise here:

TK did not "wander" over to BASIN.
    TK walked over there with such strident purpose as to make her wallet scream, "DEAR GOD WOMAN! What are you planning on doing with my contents?!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Or something like that.

I can confirm we in fact smelled half the store.

And TK's wallet sobbed in relief.

And we were wishing lots of other people, especially the wee ones, happy birthday as well.

To which we became accustomed to replying, "Of course!"

Understatement of the Century

I do have to say, we tried to kill some more time in the shops in this hotel, when we spotted something so wonderful. So amazing. So awesome that it threw me into a fit of giggles, whereupon I exclaimed, "TINK! You have to take a picture of this for Jackie and tell her that her husband needs to buy it."

[​IMG][/quote]

We were VERY tempted to buy this. And we may or may not have giggled about what may or may not have been a comment made by myself or TK that is not fit for the boards...the first of many. LOL!

Oh Jackie, if only you had been there!

So, know, my dear, that you were thought of not once, but twice this evening. :thumbsup2

No joke. TK came over to me and said something along the lines of, "That's it, I give, let's go and see if we can get in. NOW."

My stomach whole-heartedly agreed.

Ooh! Ooh! I know! Pick me! ;)

Thank you for being a friend.
    Travel down the road and back again.
    My heart is true
    You're a friend and a confidant

AND IF YOU THREW A PARTY...

Ok. I'll stop. I'm just sayin'. I can't see a GG reference without breaking out in song.

18. TarzansKat

:woohoo:

Tink is in the ho-ouse!!! Give it up, y'all! :lmao:

Hmm....I don't know. But you know what, I'd definitely need to be Catwoman. I just don't see myself as Robin. I'm not a whiny teenage boy. Nope. Whiny, sometimes, teenage boy, not at all! :rotfl2:

Aw, shuckles. You make me blush. We were quite stylin'.

Better than the poopy face master. Just sayin'.

scream, "DEAR GOD WOMAN! What are you planning on doing with my contents?!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Or something like that.

[/QUOTE]

:rotfl2:

I totally forgot! That was the beginning of the DIS-inappropriate comments! :lmao:

I used to watch this at my grandparents all the time. It makes me nostalgic for my Granddad. :sad1: But in a good way. :goodvibes

Tink, you know, the next chapter could be yours if you're up to it. We're up to the next day and you're the early riser. ;)

E-mail me if you want to tackle it. :thumbsup2

19. Native NYer

Native NYer DIS Veteran

So sorry about the rain. That stinks! But a storm like that in the evening is much better than all day while you're touring the parks!

My nephew got that Indiana Jones set last week after seeing the stunt show at DHS. While we were purchasing it, an interesting young man wanted to know if the Indiana Jones whips for sale were real whips. I wonder what he needed a real whip for :confused3

20. Tinkerbellarella

For those of you not in the know, the BF and I had dined there on our "Vacation at the OTHER place in Orlando" in April.

I remember walking in and looking for the wine.

You did, in fact, say that. You also asked for the camera and then shot a whole bunch of pics of said view.

FYI - this woman loves to make me cry happy tears. :sad2: :laughing:

I concur.

Steven was WONDERFUL. Ask for him if you go.

How apropos that your view was the GF and mine was of MY castle. Did we comment on that? Regardless, beautiful views and similar to the ones BF and I had in April. We were actually only a few tables down from the table we'd had then. And, ironically, the view of the apocolyptic sky was similar. LOL

Aww, hon. You done good. I'll add some of my flavor to your description too. :D

The bread here is fantastic but for some reason I've been enamored with the butter on both visits. I'm a simple girl, really, but it's rich and smooth and I love the little bit of sea salt on top and just NOM.

Oh. My. This is rather funny. Since there was no PTR you have NO IDEA how long we were looking forward to this dinner. And bemoaning the fact that we couldn't find a more current menu than 1/2009. And that I hadn't thought of taking a picture of the menu from my visit in April. So, when TK saw that she recognized almost NOTHING on the menu from our previous "research" I have to say her face was almost comical. Almost.

THANK GOD this was still on the menu. For those of you who care to know, I can get you the make/vintage. It's fan-freaking-tastic. Sweet with a lite tangy note at the end.

I'd like to say something profound about this dish. I can't. I just...it's just...OHMYGODITSSONOM.

And now I want it.

I didn't taste TK's salad but I have to say that I ne'er saw such a prettily presented appie. It looked fantastic and it was pretty big! I don't think you finished, did you? The goat cheese, I do remember, was dubbed amazing.

I had this in April too...matter of fact the whole dinner was the same as April, except the dessert. I can't say enough about this. This dish had been my first foray into polenta. It's so evenly textured with a strong but not too-strong flavor. The pork was cooked perfectly both times and the glaze was actually more of a consistency of a thicker brother. The flavor complimented the polenta nicely as it had a little tangy zing at the end of it.

At first I didn't think I'd necessarily have anything to say about TK's dish.

I should've known better. (NORichardMarx)
    I can ALWAYS find something to say, especially about food.

I don't like lamb.
    AT. ALL.
    Not based on taste, presentation or principle.

I had the teensiest bite of TK's lamb, at her behest. Her request even. I mean, she'd humored me and tried the ravioli (not that I had to pull her leg ;) ) and lo and behold, it was good. I'd still never order it, but I was surprised that I liked it as previously stated I'm not a "lamb" person.

I find that people like lamb or don't. There isn't much room in between.

Oh. And I didn't know what a fiddlehead was until this dish.

I'll admit, I think I sacrificed eating 1 1/2 pieces of pork and some of my polenta in order to have dessert. Call me dedicated.

Random trip memory that TK might not recall: Shortly after we were seated, a young-ish couple was seated behind TK. They were seated at a table for two with a similar view as ours but perhaps a more romantical atmosphere, likely due to company (no offense TK, I love you, but not like THAT :laughing: ). They ordered what looked like a bottle of Dom or Moet or some other astronomically priced bubbly. I'm not sure what they were celebrating, but they were as specially attended to as we were, particularly by the Manager. I only mention this to reinforce how nice it is to see good service in action, even if you aren't the recipient of said service.

Coffee.

Oh.
    Oh. My.
    Oh. My. Well...you know where I'm going with this.
    I'll give you my review based on the menu description but I certainly had a favorite part!

Cheesecake with Pistachio Cookie and Chocolate Banana Sauce (the long skinny thing) - The cheesecake was smooth, the cookie didn't taste altogether pistachio-y to me, more like a shortbread (but still good) and the chocolate banana sauce was pretty powerful. In fact, this was my least favorite part of the dessert because after the first bite or two, it all tasted banana-y to me and I'm not your biggest banana fan (well, with one exception: :banana: ). On a scale of 1-5, I'd say a 3.

White Chocolate Mousse with Passion Fruit Puree (the thing with the raspberry on it) - I enjoyed this a little more. Not normally a fan of white chocolate, the mousse was well done without being overly white chocolate-y. Sweet, milky, not too rich, smooth. The puree was on the tart side and offered a nice balance. On a scale of 1-5, I'd say a 3.5-4.

Florida Strawberries with Mojito "Sabyon" (you can't see it, it's hidden behind a piece of chocolate "art" that looks kind of like a mohawk to me) - I simply cannot say enough about this part of the dessert. If I were at CG again and this were still on the menu, I'd ask them to skip the other two parts and just give me a bowl full of this. The concept and presentation was so simple: diced strawberries mixed in a very light, fragrant syrup that hinted at the taste of a mojito but without the strength. If I had to accurately describe the flavor, it was like brushing your teeth with a fresh spearmint toothpaste and eating perfectly ripened strawberries at the same time. Honestly, I'd say this was the top dessert of the trip, hands down. And if you don't get it, I highly recommend this dessert. LOL Easily 5 out of 5 stars.

The only part of this that I tried was the lemon sorbet and I have to agree with TK, it was wonderful. Light with a good sweet/tart balance. Not an overbearing lemon flavor.

I won't lie. Every time TK said, "Clafoutis" after that, I wanted to say, "God bless you!" But it's a fun word. Try it. Say it out loud, right now.

I'll wait.

See?
    Told you. :thumbsup2

A.K.A. A reading from the Letter of TK to the DISboardians.

They are also excellent with potatoes.
    Quattro Formaggi style.
    NOM.

21. Tinkerbellarella

And FULL.

Dun, dun, dunnnnnnn.

I looked at the rain.
    Looked at TK.
    Back at the rain.
    At TK.
    And then Tink spake: Is this the second coming of Noah?

Seriously, it was horizontal rain.
    (NOTwister:

"Cow!"
    "I gotta let you go Judy, we got cows!"
    "'Nother cow."
    "I think that's the same cow.")

We seriously hashed out every plan we could and there was literally not a single option that wouldn't have us exposed to the elements as we ran from one method of transportation, whether it be by foot, monorail or bus, to the next.

I, for one, have been known to be pansyish on occasion, though not this one.

I think I need you to call BF and remind him of this very fact.

To this day, AWESOME.

At one point I'm pretty sure that lightning struck the ground on the side of the road near our cab. It was actually pretty scary.

Also, TK failed to mention this, but the sound of the rain on the cab was so loud that he actually didn't hear us correctly and was taking us to the wrong hotel at first.

To this day, EVEN MORE AWESOME.

In retrospect, it was super-easy. I think what made it more difficult was the fact that we were trying to stay as dry as possible.

The 1,256 letter screenname posted in the window gave it away.

I should've said sooner that, at this point, I was ok with being wet. At peace with it even. I'd looked pretty enough for dinner. I didn't need to look pretty for my PJs. So, I pulled off my flip flops (any good girl knows that running in wet flip flops is a danger akin to running through a field where you're the tallest thing during a lightning storm with metal scissors with the sharp ends pointing up) and I took to running and giggling like a 7-year-old through the puddles and across the courtyard. I wish, somewhere, video of this existed.

I have to say here that the most important thing that I felt I needed to share with TK on this trip sans family was exactly this feeling. The feeling of being a child at heart and a child in action. When people ask me why I take solo trips time and again, it's for this very reason. It's liberating and amazing. And you don't have to be in Disney to do it either (it's just easier because of all that Magic). Next time you have a summer rain, take off your shoes and go and splash around in the puddles. You'll feel it. ::yes::

Kind of like this morning when I walked into the bedroom after my shower clad in only a towel, not knowing that BF still had the window fan running.

It's frickin' freezing Mr. Bigglesworth!

Agreed.
    I want my jammies now.

For the record, I LOVE the first sleep in Disney. :goodvibes

I think I'd just take up permanent residence at the Tambu Lounge, Lapu Lapu in hand.
    Now, whether that's because I'm enamored of all things Poly and Lapu Lapu or because after that first Lapu Lapu if I get down from the bar stool I won't be able to get back up, is a fact remain to be seen...LOL