TK and Tink: The Trip Report You Never Saw Coming - *Update 7-22* P43

Aren't those Florida downpours something?! Something else, to be sure....:eek:

So I'm back on the DIS after a week + of no Internet. I'm catching up on exactly two of my threads. This is one of them.:cloud9:

And can't wait until you get to Sunday!!!:thumbsup2

So I'm back on the DIS after a week + of no Internet. I'm catching up on exactly two of my threads. This is one of them.:cloud9:

:cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::cheer2: :cheer2: :wave2: :jumping1:party: :banana: :banana: LegoMom is back

I loved that update!!!! What a fun memory.......you found your "YAWP!!!" AND I THINK, it felt good!!!!! ;) 'Bout time!!!

(That comes from Dead Poet's Society........but I am sure you already knew that!)

YAY!!!! LegoMom is back! :goodvibes

I can imagine why you can't wait until Sunday. It's coming up, my dear. :thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::cheer2: :cheer2: :wave2: :jumping1:party: :banana: :banana: LegoMom is back

DITTO!!!! :goodvibes

I loved that update!!!! What a fun memory.......you found your "YAWP!!!" AND I THINK, it felt good!!!!! ;) 'Bout time!!!

(That comes from Dead Poet's Society........but I am sure you already knew that!)

Okay, I totally had to look it up because it's been years since I've seen that movie. :blush:

Yes, I did. :thumbsup2

I can so relate to that moment when it just breaks inside of you and you feel freedom sweeping over yourself when you can't control anything to make things "better" and instead of getting upset and frustrated, you laugh - it's so wonderful! And what a perfect time to share with a close girlfriend.

Who woulda thought a ride home in a cab in the pouring rain would be such a wonderful memory from a trip. LOVE IT!!

Awesome review so far guys!! :) I can't wait to read more. :)

Thank you! :goodvibes

I can so relate to that moment when it just breaks inside of you and you feel freedom sweeping over yourself when you can't control anything to make things "better" and instead of getting upset and frustrated, you laugh - it's so wonderful! And what a perfect time to share with a close girlfriend.

It's one of the best feelings in the entire world.

Who woulda thought a ride home in a cab in the pouring rain would be such a wonderful memory from a trip. LOVE IT!!

I know! If you'd have asked me beforehand if I ever thought that a little...well, a lot of rain would make me so giddy, I'd never have imagined it.

Just checking in - wanted to say Tink, Hope you are feeling better! and TK, one month and 5 days!!!!! So close!!!

Just checking in - wanted to say Tink, Hope you are feeling better! and TK, one month and 5 days!!!!! So close!!!

Thanks for checking in! I'm so excited about my trip, I can't wait!

I'm hoping to get an update in here soon, but I've been sick half the week (still recovering) so I'm flat out. First time on the DIS in days.

I've been going through withdrawals. ;)

Thanks for checking in! I'm so excited about my trip, I can't wait!

I'm hoping to get an update in here soon, but I've been sick half the week (still recovering) so I'm flat out. First time on the DIS in days.

I've been going through withdrawals. ;)

Well then I hope you are feeling better too! :flower3: I don't think you've missed much - I've been so bored this week and have been lokking around for somethinkg to keep me occupied. I think everyone's on vacation.:sad2:

Well then I hope you are feeling better too! :flower3:

Thanks so much, hon!

I don't think you've missed much - I've been so bored this week and have been lokking around for somethinkg to keep me occupied. I think everyone's on vacation.:sad2:

I'm sure there are a lot of people trying to fit in those last minute trips before the kiddos go back to school. I know most of our public schools around here start next week. That always kills me, seeing those yellow school busses is the signal that summer is ending.

But also the signal that my trip is closer. ;) You must be getting excited too! :thumbsup2

yes I am getting excited too, but time seems to have slowed to a crawl around here. My kids don't go back until the 10th :scared1: and they are bored silly. All the summer camps have finished, and they miss their friends. They would start tommorrow if they could! My little one is especially excited, since she's starting kindergarten and finally gets to be a big kid like her big brother and sister. You think I'd be a little sad, but she has been ready for at least a year, and I am doing a happy dance.:dance3: So anyway, too early to pack, everything is planned, just watching the minutes tick by.:surfweb:

HI TK!

Hope you're feeling better soon, so we can enjoy your company again!

Get well soon!

yes I am getting excited too, but time seems to have slowed to a crawl around here. My kids don't go back until the 10th :scared1: and they are bored silly. All the summer camps have finished, and they miss their friends. They would start tommorrow if they could! My little one is especially excited, since she's starting kindergarten and finally gets to be a big kid like her big brother and sister. You think I'd be a little sad, but she has been ready for at least a year, and I am doing a happy dance.:dance3: So anyway, too early to pack, everything is planned, just watching the minutes tick by.:surfweb:

Oh, what a bummer on them starting so late. How exciting for your youngest! My DS will go to kindergarten next year, and I'm pretty sure I'll be a big ole mess. :lmao:

HI TK!

Hope you're feeling better soon, so we can enjoy your company again!

Get well soon!

Thanks so much, hon. I got a really nice nap today and lots of sleep last night, so I'm almost feeling up to par.

But, I have no voice. Fortunately, you don't need to be able to talk to DIS. :thumbsup2

Hello, my friends, I'm baaaa-ck. (NOPoltergeist)

I'm in the process of catching up and will be doing quotes/comments in phases. Hang in there. Tink's wittiness to follow...

When last we left our daring duo, they were daring. They were a duo.

(NOBatmanandRobin)
I'd SO be Batman, by the way. I'm WAY into accessories.

DSCN2202.jpg
- I love this photo of Tink. She's beautiful and radiating I am happy and relaxed.

Aw. How sweet are you? I DO look happy, don't I. And I'm glad it's happiness I'm radiating and not something unpleasant...like BO...like so many other Disney guests. ::sigh::

DSCN2203-1.jpg
- Something about that Mickey head with that dress seems wrong. Very, very wrong. :lmao:

Now let me just tell you that despite the fact that the emblem of the legendary Mouse is covering her face, TK is radiating happiness and relaxation and "OHMYGODWE'REFINALLYEATINGTHISMEAL!!!" every bit as much as I am. And to call her be-a-u-ti-ful would be an understatement.

We were two hot chicks. Too hot chicks, even.

OK, people. Do you have ANY idea how difficult it is to go PAST the MK and not go in?!?!?! I do believe I gave TK my pouty face. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of said pouty face. But it's darn near irresistable.

I'm learning it from BF.

He's the Pouty Face Master.

I wandered (with Tink LOL) over into Basin

insert record scratching noise here:

TK did not "wander" over to BASIN.
TK walked over there with such strident purpose as to make her wallet scream, "DEAR GOD WOMAN! What are you planning on doing with my contents?!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Or something like that.

My journal says, "Can I take half the store?"

I can confirm we in fact smelled half the store.

Tink and I decided we would come back another time at really get our shop on.

And TK's wallet sobbed in relief.

Now, before we'd left the hotel, we decided to put our birthday buttons on our purses. Boy, did we get lots of happy birthdays, and not just from cast members, from other guests as well!

And we were wishing lots of other people, especially the wee ones, happy birthday as well.

A prevalent theme amongst guests wishing us a happy birthday was jokingly asking us if we were 18...or turning 21...again.

To which we became accustomed to replying, "Of course!"

Hunger is ruling us both at this point.

Understatement of the Century

I do have to say, we tried to kill some more time in the shops in this hotel, when we spotted something so wonderful. So amazing. So awesome that it threw me into a fit of giggles, whereupon I exclaimed, "TINK! You have to take a picture of this for Jackie and tell her that her husband needs to buy it."

DSCN2201.jpg
[/quote]

We were VERY tempted to buy this. And we may or may not have giggled about what may or may not have been a comment made by myself or TK that is not fit for the boards...the first of many. LOL!

Oh Jackie, if only you had been there!

So, know, my dear, that you were thought of not once, but twice this evening. :thumbsup2

Eventually, we can't kill anymore time. Hunger has us in its evil grasp. We decide to take our chances and head over to the restaurant early in case we can get in.

No joke. TK came over to me and said something along the lines of, "That's it, I give, let's go and see if we can get in. NOW."

My stomach whole-heartedly agreed.

Up Next - Where are we eating?

Ooh! Ooh! I know! Pick me! ;)

Just found this and read it while watching Golden Girls.

Thank you for being a friend.
Travel down the road and back again.
My heart is true
You're a friend and a confidant

AND IF YOU THREW A PARTY...

Ok. I'll stop. I'm just sayin'. I can't see a GG reference without breaking out in song.

:woohoo:

Tink is in the ho-ouse!!! Give it up, y'all! :lmao:

(NOBatmanandRobin)
I'd SO be Batman, by the way. I'm WAY into accessories.

Hmm....I don't know. But you know what, I'd definitely need to be Catwoman. I just don't see myself as Robin. I'm not a whiny teenage boy. Nope. Whiny, sometimes, teenage boy, not at all! :rotfl2:

Now let me just tell you that despite the fact that the emblem of the legendary Mouse is covering her face, TK is radiating happiness and relaxation and "OHMYGODWE'REFINALLYEATINGTHISMEAL!!!" every bit as much as I am. And to call her be-a-u-ti-ful would be an understatement.

We were two hot chicks. Too hot chicks, even.

Aw, shuckles. You make me blush. We were quite stylin'.

He's the Pouty Face Master.

Better than the poopy face master. Just sayin'.

scream, "DEAR GOD WOMAN! What are you planning on doing with my contents?!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Or something like that.

[/QUOTE]

:rotfl2:

We were VERY tempted to buy this. And we may or may not have giggled about what may or may not have been a comment made by myself or TK that is not fit for the boards...the first of many. LOL!

Oh Jackie, if only you had been there!

I totally forgot! That was the beginning of the DIS-inappropriate comments! :lmao:

Thank you for being a friend.
Travel down the road and back again.
My heart is true
You're a friend and a confidant

AND IF YOU THREW A PARTY...

Ok. I'll stop. I'm just sayin'. I can't see a GG reference without breaking out in song.

I used to watch this at my grandparents all the time. It makes me nostalgic for my Granddad. :sad1: But in a good way. :goodvibes

Tink, you know, the next chapter could be yours if you're up to it. We're up to the next day and you're the early riser. ;)

E-mail me if you want to tackle it. :thumbsup2

So sorry about the rain. That stinks! But a storm like that in the evening is much better than all day while you're touring the parks!

My nephew got that Indiana Jones set last week after seeing the stunt show at DHS. While we were purchasing it, an interesting young man wanted to know if the Indiana Jones whips for sale were real whips. I wonder what he needed a real whip for :confused3

What I didn't realize, having not been there in years, is that the check in area for the California Grill is actually downstairs. Tink, having dined there in the recent past, was able to lead me to the correct area.

For those of you not in the know, the BF and I had dined there on our "Vacation at the OTHER place in Orlando" in April.

I remember waking in and feeling like I'd come home.

I remember walking in and looking for the wine.

I think the view literally took my breath away. It had been so long since I'd seen it, I believe I may have even said to Tink, "I'd forgotten."

You did, in fact, say that. You also asked for the camera and then shot a whole bunch of pics of said view.

Disney is a place of memories for me. So many memories. I sent Tink an e-mail before we left about how special she was to me. About how now, she would be part of that collective Disney memory, how she would be a person that I would think of now whenever I thought of certain places. And it's true. When I see certain things now, they always make me think of Tink. I'll be getting to one of those later, most likely the next chapter.

FYI - this woman loves to make me cry happy tears. :sad2: :laughing:

We seated ourselves in the lounge area, waiting for our table to be ready. I would have to say we probably sat for about 15 minutes.

I concur.

Ah, Tink! I did take good notes. Our waiter's name was Steven!!!! :goodvibes

Steven was WONDERFUL. Ask for him if you go.

We were finally seated, and here were our views from our table.

Tink's-
DSCN2211.jpg

Mine-
DSCN2205.jpg

How apropos that your view was the GF and mine was of MY castle. Did we comment on that? Regardless, beautiful views and similar to the ones BF and I had in April. We were actually only a few tables down from the table we'd had then. And, ironically, the view of the apocolyptic sky was similar. LOL

Now, I won't lie here. I'm not as good at food reviews as Tink is. But I shall do my best.

Aww, hon. You done good. I'll add some of my flavor to your description too. :D

We begin, of course, with the bread basket...

DSCN2218.jpg

The bread here is fantastic but for some reason I've been enamored with the butter on both visits. I'm a simple girl, really, but it's rich and smooth and I love the little bit of sea salt on top and just NOM.

Well, the menu was totally different from what had been posted on the internet, and that threw me for a loop. Pretty much everything Tink knew she wanted was there, and everything I thought I might get was not. :lmao: I was not dismayed however, just amused, and pleased that I had new choices. Albeit a little perplexed as to what to get.

Oh. My. This is rather funny. Since there was no PTR you have NO IDEA how long we were looking forward to this dinner. And bemoaning the fact that we couldn't find a more current menu than 1/2009. And that I hadn't thought of taking a picture of the menu from my visit in April. So, when TK saw that she recognized almost NOTHING on the menu from our previous "research" I have to say her face was almost comical. Almost.

We did however, know one thing, and that was the type of wine. I let Tink order for me, it was a Riesling she'd had on a previous trip that she'd just loved.

THANK GOD this was still on the menu. For those of you who care to know, I can get you the make/vintage. It's fan-freaking-tastic. Sweet with a lite tangy note at the end.

DSCN2219.jpg

Tink had the goat cheese ravioli, which I had a taste of. It was lovely, absolutely lovely. I can see why she likes it so much. Rich, creamy, and smooth, a perfect bit of pasta with a nice broth, not a heavy sauce. Here's Allears' description: Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli - with sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, shiitake mushrooms and basil.

I'd like to say something profound about this dish. I can't. I just...it's just...OHMYGODITSSONOM.

And now I want it.

DSCN2220.jpg

I had this delightful salad which came drizzled with an eight year old balsamic. I was in heaven. It had wonderful flavor. I can't unfortunately remember everything that was in it, but it was very, very nice. And the description of mine - Marinated Spring Vegetable Salad - with Artichokes, Asparagus, Pastel Radish, Goat Cheese, 8 year old Balsamic.

I didn't taste TK's salad but I have to say that I ne'er saw such a prettily presented appie. It looked fantastic and it was pretty big! I don't think you finished, did you? The goat cheese, I do remember, was dubbed amazing.

DSCN2221.jpg

This is Tink's. Seared Pork Tenderloin - with goat cheese polenta, button mushrooms and zinfandel glaze - I know this was like heaven for Tink. She absolutely loved this dish.

I had this in April too...matter of fact the whole dinner was the same as April, except the dessert. I can't say enough about this. This dish had been my first foray into polenta. It's so evenly textured with a strong but not too-strong flavor. The pork was cooked perfectly both times and the glaze was actually more of a consistency of a thicker brother. The flavor complimented the polenta nicely as it had a little tangy zing at the end of it.

DSCN2222.jpg

This is mine. Duo of Lamb T-Bone - Marble Potatoes, Fiddleheads, Chic Peas, Salsa Verde, Spring Vegetable Vinaigrette - This was amazing. The meat was very tender, very well prepared, and delicious. The only issue I had with it, which was quite a small issue was that it was difficult to seperate the meat from the bone with the knife I had. I love fiddleheads, and haven't seen them on a menu in ages, so that was a real treat for me.

At first I didn't think I'd necessarily have anything to say about TK's dish.

I should've known better. (NORichardMarx)
I can ALWAYS find something to say, especially about food.

I don't like lamb.
AT. ALL.
Not based on taste, presentation or principle.

I had the teensiest bite of TK's lamb, at her behest. Her request even. I mean, she'd humored me and tried the ravioli (not that I had to pull her leg ;) ) and lo and behold, it was good. I'd still never order it, but I was surprised that I liked it as previously stated I'm not a "lamb" person.

I find that people like lamb or don't. There isn't much room in between.

Oh. And I didn't know what a fiddlehead was until this dish.

Almost stuffed, but having saved room for dessert, we plunged ahead!

I'll admit, I think I sacrificed eating 1 1/2 pieces of pork and some of my polenta in order to have dessert. Call me dedicated.

Now, here's where the year of celebrations comes into play. Not only did we both receive birthday cards from our waiter, our desserts were birthday-ified as well. In addition, while we were enjoying our dessert, one of the managers stopped by to ask how we liked our meal, to wish us a happy birthday, basically your pleasant talk that is so enjoyable.

Random trip memory that TK might not recall: Shortly after we were seated, a young-ish couple was seated behind TK. They were seated at a table for two with a similar view as ours but perhaps a more romantical atmosphere, likely due to company (no offense TK, I love you, but not like THAT :laughing: ). They ordered what looked like a bottle of Dom or Moet or some other astronomically priced bubbly. I'm not sure what they were celebrating, but they were as specially attended to as we were, particularly by the Manager. I only mention this to reinforce how nice it is to see good service in action, even if you aren't the recipient of said service.

Judging by the picture of Tink's dessert, she got something as well, whether tea or coffee, I'm not sure.

Coffee.

DSCN2226.jpg

Tink had the Trio of Temptation - (no sugar added) Cheesecake with Pistachio Cookie and Chocolate Banana Sauce, White Chocolate Mousse with Passion Fruit Puree, and Florida Strawberries with Mojito "Sabyon". I have to say, I tasted some of the mojito sabyon, and it was AMAZING!!!! Now I know she wasn't enamored with all of this, and definitely had her favorites. Hopefully she can weigh in on that, because I don't remember which was which!

Oh.
Oh. My.
Oh. My. Well...you know where I'm going with this.
I'll give you my review based on the menu description but I certainly had a favorite part!

Cheesecake with Pistachio Cookie and Chocolate Banana Sauce (the long skinny thing) - The cheesecake was smooth, the cookie didn't taste altogether pistachio-y to me, more like a shortbread (but still good) and the chocolate banana sauce was pretty powerful. In fact, this was my least favorite part of the dessert because after the first bite or two, it all tasted banana-y to me and I'm not your biggest banana fan (well, with one exception: :banana: ). On a scale of 1-5, I'd say a 3.

White Chocolate Mousse with Passion Fruit Puree (the thing with the raspberry on it) - I enjoyed this a little more. Not normally a fan of white chocolate, the mousse was well done without being overly white chocolate-y. Sweet, milky, not too rich, smooth. The puree was on the tart side and offered a nice balance. On a scale of 1-5, I'd say a 3.5-4.

Florida Strawberries with Mojito "Sabyon" (you can't see it, it's hidden behind a piece of chocolate "art" that looks kind of like a mohawk to me) - I simply cannot say enough about this part of the dessert. If I were at CG again and this were still on the menu, I'd ask them to skip the other two parts and just give me a bowl full of this. The concept and presentation was so simple: diced strawberries mixed in a very light, fragrant syrup that hinted at the taste of a mojito but without the strength. If I had to accurately describe the flavor, it was like brushing your teeth with a fresh spearmint toothpaste and eating perfectly ripened strawberries at the same time. Honestly, I'd say this was the top dessert of the trip, hands down. And if you don't get it, I highly recommend this dessert. LOL Easily 5 out of 5 stars.

DSCN2227.jpg

I had the Blueberry & Lemon - Blueberry Clafoutis with Salted Blueberry Caramel Sauce, Lemon Sorbet, and Pistachio Cookie. It was a nice, light way to end my meal. I would have to say my favorite part of this was the lemon sorbet and the pistachio cookie. I expected a hard cookie, and it was nice and soft, very flavorful.

The only part of this that I tried was the lemon sorbet and I have to agree with TK, it was wonderful. Light with a good sweet/tart balance. Not an overbearing lemon flavor.

And Tink and I joked that we would have to ask our waiter how to pronounce Clafoutis, so we could recreate it phoenetically on the DIS.

Klah - Foo - Tee - :lmao: We enjoyed saying that word for the rest of the night, let me tell you.

I won't lie. Every time TK said, "Clafoutis" after that, I wanted to say, "God bless you!" But it's a fun word. Try it. Say it out loud, right now.

I'll wait.

See?
Told you. :thumbsup2

Up next - Our Biblical Departure

A.K.A. A reading from the Letter of TK to the DISboardians.

I'd also eaten at Citrico's on my past two trips, so it was time for a change, but you may want to consider it as well. They are excellent with children. :goodvibes

They are also excellent with potatoes.
Quattro Formaggi style.
NOM.

Oh, yes my friends.

When last we left...us...Tink and I had finished a fantastic dinner at the California Grill. We were happy. Contented. And oh so relaxed.

And FULL.

But we had noted, with mild amusement, during the course of our delightful dining experience, the skies had continued to darken.

Dun, dun, dunnnnnnn.

And the rain rain rain came down down down, in rushing, rising, rivlets.

Indeed. Except I didn't see Piglet floating by. But I may, just may have seen a weathered, older gentleman with beautiful white hair furiously building an ark and lining the animals up two by two.

They may have even come from the Animal Kingdom, who can say. ;)

So Tink and I got down to the lobby after some deflightful chit chat with the CM in the elevator, and took one look at the rain and I think we may have collectively thought, "Oh boy."

And I don't mean just rain, folks. I mean monsoon type conditions. Rain that is raining so hard that you can barely see in front of you when you're driving, rain that is raining so hard that it doesn't matter whether or not you have a poncho or an umbrella, you're getting wet.

Does.

Not.

Matter.

I looked at the rain.
Looked at TK.
Back at the rain.
At TK.
And then Tink spake: Is this the second coming of Noah?

Seriously, it was horizontal rain.
(NOTwister:

"Cow!"
"I gotta let you go Judy, we got cows!"
"'Nother cow."
"I think that's the same cow.")

TK - "Tink?"

Tink - "Yes?"

TK - "You know there is absolutely no way for us to use the bus system without getting absolutely drenched, right?"

We seriously hashed out every plan we could and there was literally not a single option that wouldn't have us exposed to the elements as we ran from one method of transportation, whether it be by foot, monorail or bus, to the next.

And before you ask what kind of pansies we are

I, for one, have been known to be pansyish on occasion, though not this one.

Tink heartily agreed. Thank God. She's no fool.

I think I need you to call BF and remind him of this very fact.

And no joke...the cabbie had island music playing.

To this day, AWESOME.

I felt so bad for our cab driver! You could barely see in front of you, and normally I don't feel weird about the whole your cab driver is really a complete stranger that you're trusting thing, but this storm made me feel a little nervous!

At one point I'm pretty sure that lightning struck the ground on the side of the road near our cab. It was actually pretty scary.

Also, TK failed to mention this, but the sound of the rain on the cab was so loud that he actually didn't hear us correctly and was taking us to the wrong hotel at first.

TK - "Excuse me? Can I ask a favor?"

One of our favorite lines from the trip ever:

Cabbie - "Where you live?"

To this day, EVEN MORE AWESOME.

Well, thank god for Tink's navigatory capacity, because she had a better idea of where to go than I did.

In retrospect, it was super-easy. I think what made it more difficult was the fact that we were trying to stay as dry as possible.

Across a completely open courtyard, Tink points, and says, "I think that's our room."

"You think?" I say. :lmao:

The 1,256 letter screenname posted in the window gave it away.

I believe she said something to the effect that she was going for it, and she ran across that courtyard, getting even more drenched than she already was if that was possible.

I should've said sooner that, at this point, I was ok with being wet. At peace with it even. I'd looked pretty enough for dinner. I didn't need to look pretty for my PJs. So, I pulled off my flip flops (any good girl knows that running in wet flip flops is a danger akin to running through a field where you're the tallest thing during a lightning storm with metal scissors with the sharp ends pointing up) and I took to running and giggling like a 7-year-old through the puddles and across the courtyard. I wish, somewhere, video of this existed.

So there we are, standing at our door, near our lovely decorated window, panting, somewhat breathless, completely soaked, and I had never felt so alive in my entire life.

I almost can't put it into words without crying. I have hard time dealing with stress, I always have. And I've had a less than desirable...actually often hostile and extremely degrading...work environment for the past three years now. We won't get into all of it, but it was like in this moment, in the rain, in the dress, in Disney, completely soaked, completely invigorated, finally completely happy to be in a moment, to be alive, to be with Tink, to be who I was and to be so happy.

It was like something in me broke. Something that needed to be released, something that needed to be let go.

And it was wonderful. Wonderful to feel so alive.

I have to say here that the most important thing that I felt I needed to share with TK on this trip sans family was exactly this feeling. The feeling of being a child at heart and a child in action. When people ask me why I take solo trips time and again, it's for this very reason. It's liberating and amazing. And you don't have to be in Disney to do it either (it's just easier because of all that Magic). Next time you have a summer rain, take off your shoes and go and splash around in the puddles. You'll feel it. ::yes::

The fact that before we left, we'd cranked the AC because it had been a bit hot outside, and we wanted a cooler room.

But a cold room when you're soaking wet is no fun.

Kind of like this morning when I walked into the bedroom after my shower clad in only a towel, not knowing that BF still had the window fan running.

It's frickin' freezing Mr. Bigglesworth!

We both quickly changed for bed, and when I put on my jams and my slippers, did it feel oh so good.

Agreed.
I want my jammies now.

It's only 830pm.

But we're tired.

And we're full.

And we're happy. And shortly...

we're asleep. :cloud9:

For the record, I LOVE the first sleep in Disney. :goodvibes

:rotfl:

I love that idea, one giant DIS monorail pubcrawl.

:rotfl:

I think I'd just take up permanent residence at the Tambu Lounge, Lapu Lapu in hand.
Now, whether that's because I'm enamored of all things Poly and Lapu Lapu or because after that first Lapu Lapu if I get down from the bar stool I won't be able to get back up, is a fact remain to be seen...LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter