TK and Tink: The Trip Report You Never Saw Coming - *Update 7-22* P43

That is my kind of check in experience.

Seriously. I think there was zero rushing on this trip.

Can't wait to hear about dinner. I wonder if there will be more nommy rum-laced beverages? :confused3

I'll give you a little, tiny piece of info about din-din. There weren't more nommy rum-laced beverages.
Where we dined called for something a little more upscale.
Something white.
With a vintage.
At $7 a glass.

;)

Hey, Tink, I can haz a nommy white glaz too?

You know what's funny? Since we got our new cats, dh has started to speak in lolcat, as well. It's really hilarious.

When we last left our beautiful, intelligent, impeccably dressed, pirate-loving heroines...

Well, they were consuming rum beverages. Who's surprised?

:confused3

Except for the guy on his cell phone at the table behind us.

He wasn't bothering us in any way, and it wasn't that we were eavesdropping, it just became kind of noticeable that while his family came and went from the table, he was married to his cell phone dealing with what sounded like a big concern. I hate that. I feel bad for people like that. Vacations are meant to be relaxing escapes. It's unfortunate when everyday life comes barging on in. Let's go back to the time when cell phones and Blackberries didn't exist. When your boss, heck, when your PROBLEMS couldn't find you while you sat under an umbrella'd table, enjoying an adult beverage while your kids frolicked in the pool.

I feel bad for the poor guy. I refuse to make myself available to anything work related when I'm vacation. I pretend it just doesn't exist.

We were given our room assignment in Jamaica (I warn you, it's dangerous, you start singing 'Kokomo' in your head as soon as you head over) and I did a little seat dance.

You can use the whole song for CBR. Aruba, Jamacia, ohhh

Ok, maybe it was by the pool.
Over a bridge.
Through an island.
Over another bridge.
And along a lake.
We went.

That just doesn't sing as well does it?

Hey, you know what? I'm all about visuals. Here, take a look for yourself.

untitled.jpg

[/tuote]

I like that the most important part of the resort is clearly marked here.

The "seating" area. To be honest, once we got our luggage and over the next few days this became the "let's throw it all THERE" area.

I think it's impossible to keep that area neat. I try for the first day or so, and then just give up.

But let me tell you something nice about that shower. Where the tub ends on the left there is a shelf. A shelf that held ALL of our collective shower-y things. I heart-ed that shelf. And see the pretty jungle design on the shower wall? Nice. I felt like I was showering in the Amazon. Maybe.

I love that shelf in the bathroom. POFQ has them too, and I'm always left wanting one in my bathroom at home for all my junk.
It then took me approximately 6.5 years to decorate our window. Since I apparently couldn't come to terms with the fact that my screenname would, in fact, take up the ENTIRE upper portion of the window.

::sigh::

But no, simply putting TINK would not have sufficed.

Don't blame you. At least it fit!

Why you EAT of course!

Can't wait to hear about where!

Great update Tink! I found myself wondering about your migraine. Then I remembered I was getting my reports mixed up!:rotfl:

Have you tried the Grey Goose Slushie in France yet? It's one to add to your list. Hmmm, and I must add the Italian Margarita to mine. Intriguing......

Hey, Tink, I can haz a nommy white glaz too?

If you want, and if you can find it, you sure as heck can! Believe me, I'll provide you with very specific info. on it. ::yes::

You know what's funny? Since we got our new cats, dh has started to speak in lolcat, as well. It's really hilarious.

Our cats have had "purrsonalities" since I got them and they've gotten stronger since BF moved in a couple of years back, so, we tend not to lolspeak with them, although I do a lot of it on the DIS. Go figure.

I feel bad for the poor guy. I refuse to make myself available to anything work related when I'm vacation. I pretend it just doesn't exist.

That was my rule for this vacation. Otherwise, because I have remote access, sometimes I get sucked in. I'm getting better about saying no though.

You can use the whole song for CBR. Aruba, Jamacia, ohhh

We'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow. THAAAAAT's where we wanna gooooo. Way down to Kokomo.

Ok, now that's stuck in my head.

But that's ok because it replaces Sweet Caroline.
Which replaced Pink's Please Don't Leave Me.
Which replaced Katy Perry's Vegas song.

As you can see I've had stuff stuck in my head all day.

I like that the most important part of the resort is clearly marked here.

Well you can see where our priorities lie that afternoon. LOL

I think it's impossible to keep that area neat. I try for the first day or so, and then just give up.

I do better on solo trips but I think Kat and I enabled each other to have a sloppy table! HA!

Have you tried the Grey Goose Slushie in France yet? It's one to add to your list. Hmmm, and I must add the Italian Margarita to mine. Intriguing......

I've not yet been brave enough to try that slushie, though I've come close on two occasions. If I really had to rate the alcoholic drinks that I've had, the Italian Margarita would be my #1. It's a tad expensive but it's a good size serving and it's SOOOOO worth it!

Oh, goody! :yay:

And all I plan on doing is saying, "CP, here is your picture." Because as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. :rolleyes1

OMG, Tink, you have to do a Grey Goose slushie. I didn't get to do one for my June trip--I had the kids basically by myself in Epcot and I did not think it was a good idea to be a lush with the kids. Then again, on second thought--having the kids with a little Grey Goose in me may have been a winning combination. . .

Love the visual! :thumbsup2

And ick on the fridge....:sick: I do hope they cleaned it for the next guest. Did you happen to spy anything in there during the 1.2 seconds you had it open?

A Biblical return, eh? That could be good-like Jesus style, or perhaps more like Noah...:scared:

Your room looks terrific! I have to say, I'm most excited about the shelf by the shower -- that is AWESOME. Should be mandatory in all rooms! Love the window decoration. I have to get myself over to the dollar store!!

Can't wait for more. popcorn::

:lmao: I am so intrigued now to see this picture!

;)

OMG, Tink, you have to do a Grey Goose slushie. I didn't get to do one for my June trip--I had the kids basically by myself in Epcot and I did not think it was a good idea to be a lush with the kids. Then again, on second thought--having the kids with a little Grey Goose in me may have been a winning combination. . .

You read my mind with the last part...LOL!

And ick on the fridge....:sick: I do hope they cleaned it for the next guest. Did you happen to spy anything in there during the 1.2 seconds you had it open?

Actually, the smell took about 5 seconds to hit me full on and the fridge was positively empty - and really clean looking! But didn't feel really cold. That was as far as I got before my failing olfactory lobes required I slam that puppy shut!

A Biblical return, eh? That could be good-like Jesus style, or perhaps more like Noah...:scared:

Hehehe. One of those is right on. You don't even KNOW how right on. Wait and see...

I have to say, I'm most excited about the shelf by the shower -- that is AWESOME. Should be mandatory in all rooms!

Should be mandatory in my bathroom...though we do use the window sill the same way so what am I complaining about???

Love the window decoration. I have to get myself over to the dollar store!!

Be careful. It can be addictive. You'll find yourself buying stuff just because it's only $1. It's best to go with a list. Like not going grocery shopping when you're hungry. LOL

Those pictures are wonderful........the room is so beautiful!!!! Is that what they consider a Nemo room? I thought I read somewhere that the non-pirate rooms were now considered Nemo rooms........

How close were you to a bus stop??

Those pictures are wonderful........the room is so beautiful!!!! Is that what they consider a Nemo room? I thought I read somewhere that the non-pirate rooms were now considered Nemo rooms........

Yes, it's a "Nemo" room and you're right, all non-pirate rooms are "Nemo" rooms.

How close were you to a bus stop??

Looking at the map that I posted you can see on the bottom-right-ish area the bus icon. That's the nearest bus stop and while it looks far, at the most it's a 2-3 minute walk, if that. And it's a "flat" walk, no hills, across the parking lot(s). The maps really don't do the resort justice. It's all a lot closer than it seems.

Can I ask a silly question? What makes the Nemo rooms, Nemo? Are there little Hidden Nemos?!?!??!! Your details, scoop, and pictures of CBR, really have me wanting to go there in September.....we will just have to wait and see!!!!!

Can I ask a silly question? What makes the Nemo rooms, Nemo? Are there little Hidden Nemos?!?!??!! Your details, scoop, and pictures of CBR, really have me wanting to go there in September.....we will just have to wait and see!!!!!

I hope you don't mind me answering you. I have read that there are Nemos in the bedspread and on the boarder. I have seen pictures too but can't remember where, maybe Heidi has some from her trip. I think that is where she stayed.

It's NOMtastic.
NOMtacular.
NOMmerific.
Just. NOM.

Don't know why but this makes me think of George of the Jungle. Of course, who could resist a hunky Brendan Fraser but anyway.

"What embarassed mean?"

"It means when you're worried about what other people will think of you."

"No one here to be embarassed for. Just George."

A little bit of TK randomness for you. :lmao:

And let me just tell you, for such a big resort with so many rooms and, obviously, so many people, we Never. Heard. A. Peep.
It was lovely.

That is, without a doubt, one of my favorite things about this resort. No interior corridors, like WL, but just as quiet. I loved the quiet.:thumbsup2

The beds. And if it's REALLY crucial to your DIS survival to know - I slept close to the door, TK slept close to the bathroom. I really don't even want to know what Freud might make of that.

Hmph. You just had to share that, huh?

Well, if you must know. The reason that I always default to the bed near the bathroom is because it's the closest to the wall. Usually I end up with DS in my bed, so we put him on the side near the wall, and line the whole floor with pillows in case he rolls over and falls out. Now that he's older it's not so much of an issue, but the habit has stuck. Take that, Frued.
:lmao:

(TK, I took the pen. I didn't know if you knew.)

I didn't know, but that's cool. I have a zillion WDW pens at home. :goodvibes

Funny, it was bad enough that when Kat asked me if it was really THAT bad and I said, "You come over here and smell it!" with a mortified look on my face and my hand covering my mouth and nose from the offending odor that she said, "No. I believe you." Smart girl.

Which if anything, should be a testament to how much I love you, to take you so readily at your word that I don't even need to experience it for myself! ;)

We started unpacking and then we exchanged gifts. Each of us had gotten a little sumpn-sumpn for the other.
And all of it was great.
And all of it was very much 'personalized'.
And I have a picture of none of it. (TK, we might want to get on that, if I can find where I put everything...)

I'll go throw our photos today and see if I can find that it. I think we took pictures. If not, I know where my stuff is and can assemble it. :thumbsup2

It then took me approximately 6.5 years to decorate our window. Since I apparently couldn't come to terms with the fact that my screenname would, in fact, take up the ENTIRE upper portion of the window.

::sigh::

But no, simply putting TINK would not have sufficed.

During which I enjoyed a good chuckle. It was so funny to watch her try to fit her name up there and then realize it was so long she had to really use the whole upper portion of the window. I enjoyed unpacking to the sounds of Stacy and Tink and their running commentaries. :lmao:

Up Next: A Very Special Dinner and Our Biblical Return to the Room.

Biblical is certainly one word for it. I do have something to say about that portion though.

Are you taking the dinner chapter? I thought so. If you want to do dinner, I'd love to do the return to the room and the rest of the night. :goodvibes

Also, let me know what food art you need from me, I can't remember if we both have pics, or they're separate.

Rum makes everything better, doesn't it?

Truer words were never spoken. pirate:

So would you say that your Pina Colavas were, perhaps, the Happiest NOM Ever?:rolleyes: Or some variety thereof?!

Oh, I would definitely say they are some variety thereof. :thumbsup2

Yeay! Room pics! I am very excited! So, in reading your post, I am led to believe that I should request a room in Jamaica for our October trip? I want a nice relaxing, somewhat short walk to that pool bar! :lmao:

I think you'd really like a room in Jamaica. It was a very pretty area, and I loved how our buildings had the yellow and blue color scheme.

And proximity to the pool bar should be a priority. :lmao:

Your room looks nice. Eww on the fridge smell. :scared: Looking forward to see where you eat.

It's a great dinner. :goodvibes

Sounds like you room was ready in the perfect amount of time.

Shopping with our eyes only - check

Drinking rum-laced nommy beverages by the pool - check

Time to check out the room.

That is my kind of check in experience.

I don't remember the last time I did a vacation this relaxed. I was definitely relaxed on my last September trip on the first day, but this was different. I was only responsible for myself, and that's a whole other feeling of freedom.

I'll give you a little, tiny piece of info about din-din. There weren't more nommy rum-laced beverages.
Where we dined called for something a little more upscale.
Something white.
With a vintage.
At $7 a glass.

It was SO good.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I love that shelf in the bathroom. POFQ has them too, and I'm always left wanting one in my bathroom at home for all my junk.

It was really convenient. I love it when they have that in the bathrooms, everything fits so nicely and doesn't get soaking wet because it's far enough back.

You know, people rave about that slushie and I've never tried one. What is the flavor like?

:lmao: I am so intrigued now to see this picture!

I may have squealed in delight and then laughed hysterically. ;)

Then again, on second thought--having the kids with a little Grey Goose in me may have been a winning combination. . .

This is my master plan for my first day on my next trip. Alcoholic beverage in hand, well fed happy little boy, well fed happy husband, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. :thumbsup2

:rolleyes1

Your room looks terrific! I have to say, I'm most excited about the shelf by the shower -- that is AWESOME. Should be mandatory in all rooms! Love the window decoration. I have to get myself over to the dollar store!!

Can't wait for more. popcorn::

Now that Tink made us such a pretty window decoration so inexpensively, I'm seriously debating this for future trips. Tink, did you use regular scotch tape, I can't remember?

Pooh'smate said it, they have a Nemo border and Nemo bedspreads. I really like it. I'm going to enlarge one of the photos Tink took so you can see it better.

DSCN2187-1.jpg

When we last left our beautiful, intelligent, impeccably dressed, pirate-loving heroines...

Well, they were consuming rum beverages. Who's surprised?

I know TK discussed the NOM-iness of those beverages. And I even corroborated on that. But, as that's where we're picking up from, let me further extol the fruity-rumm-y virtues of the Pina Colava.
It's NOMtastic.
NOMtacular.
NOMmerific.
Just. NOM.

And let me just tell you, for such a big resort with so many rooms and, obviously, so many people, we Never. Heard. A. Peep.
It was lovely.

Up Next: A Very Special Dinner and Our Biblical Return to the Room.

ahhh...I :love: you guys.

So sorry to hear about the fridge smell. slightly disturbed that it went unreported. Love gifts exchanged, no fuss over who gets the bed by the door/bath and just the general roll with it, have fun, rumalociciousness
GIRLFRIENDISHNESS of it. I love it.

love it.

it is a gift

you are both blessed (and deservingly so)

Although I'd really like a HEAD on picture...I know it won't happen.

Thanks for enlarging the picture....now I see it!!!! That would make Megs smile......for sure!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter