1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

TK and Tink: The Trip Report You Never Saw Coming - *Update 7-22* P43

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by TarzansKat, May 31, 2009.

1. If U Had Wings

If U Had Wings DIS Veteran

Sounds like the start of a great weekend. What a wonderful way to start your trip. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

She's such a good enabler... er, DIS friend! ;)

Isn't it fun in there? One of my favorite gift shops!

:goodvibes :hug::hug:

4. TarzansKat

TarzansKat Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

I'd like to think so. :goodvibes

No joke, every time we talk about one on here, it makes me craze it so badly. I want a Pina Colava, dang it! :lmao: I'll have to see if the Friendies know how to make one. :thumbsup2

:rolleyes1

It really was. :goodvibes

Oh, that she is!

It's such a great place to lose yourself. It was nice to shop without having to worry about who was waiting for me.

5. MegansMom

MegansMom Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mou

You must tell me......is CBR the only place I can get a Pina Colava?!??!?!?!!? I NEED ONE!!! MUST....HAVE.....ONE!!!!! Looks so yummy!!!!! I want to know all about the hoodie!!!! The pics are beautiful---even the headless TK....you look MARVELOUS...even with a huge black dot over your face!!!! I can only imagine how good you looked without it!!! (hee hee hee!!!!) ;)

6. TarzansKat

You know, I've been wondering that myself, because it's definitely on my list for September. I'll have to check out some online menus and see if I can find it. :thumbsup2

:rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

It's a beautiful resort. I felt very blessed to stay there.

7. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

what a lovely toast! Nothing like girlfriend shopping...enabling...:) You have a beautiful friendship, thank you for sharing it with us!

8. TarzansKat

Aw, shucks. :blush:

Thanks. She's just...well, she's just...well, you know. :goodvibes It's been a long time since I've had a friend like that.

9. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

All of the pool bars have the same menu -- they are available at all the resorts. I had one at POFQ last summer, and I saw them on the menu at AKL. :goodvibes

10. TarzansKat

Oh, thanks for sharing, CP! I thought I might have read somewhere about standardized pool bar menus, but I wasn't sure.

Oh, I can't wait to have another Pina Colava! YUMMY! :goodvibes

11. All7OfUs

All7OfUs <font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into

How completely Providential that the last update you did involved Grandparents that were very dear to us, and in fact, had a LOT to do with our love of all things Disney. As you know, I have not been on the boards for a few weeks because my beloved Gramma passed away 3 weeks ago, resulting in an unexpected trip to the States.

It was hard and painful, but I have so many amazing memories of her- incredibly many of which involve going to Disneyland. I wish I could have been there with you toasting Gramma along with you. Perhaps maroo and I can add a toast to her when we arrive next year. I think that'd be a poignant thing to do.

Incidentally, while we were going through some of her things, I came across an AMAZING Disney relic of hers! I found a letter dated August, 1943 calling her in for an interview!!!! Can you believe it??!!! I've taken pix. and will do a post over on our PTR in a few days. It's on ancient Disney letterhead and everything! My love of Disney truly has bloodroots!!

Anyway, I'm playing TR catch up this week, and I fear it will take far more than that. Yikes! When I subbed to your reports, I truly wanted to be regular; I sure hope life will normalize now, and I can "visit" with you more often.

Liesa

12. TarzansKat

My thoughts and prayers are still with you, hon. :hug:

That would be a wonderful thing to do. It's very healing.

Oh my goodness! That's amazing!!!! I would love to see pictures of it when you get a chance.

You take your time, hon. I know it takes time for things to settle down.

13. LegoMom3

LegoMom3 I have just met you and I love you.

Oh great...I go away for 2 weeks, have no access to Internet during that time, and you toss out TWO updates...:sad2:

But at least you haven't gotten too far yet....;)

I want to multi-quote all over the place here but I'm so tired and have soooo much other DISness to catch up on, that I'm just gonna say that the pictures of you two crack me up....there's Tink's adorable smiling face, and there's TK's blacked-out Mickey head!!!:rotfl:

And I'm waiting with such anticipation for this little TR to continue....

Oh, and no, I'm quite sure no one from Florida goes to New England and takes a deep breath and sighs "Ahhh, New England air...". :confused3 Although I always did enjoy the smell of the ocean in Maine. It's different down here. Icy-cold water must just smell better.....:lmao:

14. TarzansKat

Well, dang it woman! Don't go away for so long. :lmao:

In all seriousness, I missed you. I may have done a little happy dance when I saw your DIS name. ;)

Oh, you noticed the blacked-out Mickey head, did ya? :lmao:

And I'm waiting for my dear Tink who is actually on a little bit of a vacay this week. I think the next chapter's hers.

You're right on that one. Granted it was a while ago, but Florida beaches do not have that certain ocean smell like up here. :thumbsup2

15. creativeamanda

creativeamanda <font color=darkorchid>One slithering around on me

Okay, so you have made me decide that for my girls-only trip next year, we are totally staying at CBR! I love POR, but I need a change (the horror!)

16. TarzansKat

Reflecting upon it now, I don't think I've ever been at a resort that was that quiet. And I mean that in the best possible way. No interior corridors, but I rarely if ever heard neighbors coming and going. It was so peaceful.

17. Tinkerbellarella

Tinkerbellarella <font color=darkyellow>I was all like, "Um, well..

Wait? You mean there is some other kind??? LOL

Awwwww. Thanks, my friend.
    I operate under the rule that when on vacation ENJOY your vacation. Likely it was slightly expensive, a long time coming and much needed. I won't waste a single second. Vacation for me always starts on vacation eve. Especially a Disney vacation. I open the floodgates and let the pressures of real life start to pour out so that by the time I arrive I can absorb every nuance and not feel pressured by "real life" or feel like I might be missing out on something.

And not to be outdone, TK is an excellent traveling partner. Though I knew she wasn't used to doing Disney "my way" (a.k.a. sans the stroller/hubby/family set) she adapted in, oh, about 4.6 seconds and was a pleasure to spend 4 days with. ::yes::

Do you understand how difficult this is to do??? It's a skill. And TK is much better at it than I am.

No joke. I believe the sign above the hoodie said, "Place prominently so that TK will see and purchase me for I was made for her. And only her. In 4 sizes."

I think what actually happened was we were browsing (again, hands and eyes only, no wallets...yet) and I rounded a stand that had some piratey merchandise. As I came around the backside of it, I saw a tee that I'd rued not getting on my Sept. trip (and ultimately didn't get on this trip either). I then spotted IT. THE hoodie that was made for TK in the same way my TINK hoodie was made for me. My eye was first drawn to it because it was pink. And my eyes are, at least initially, drawn to most things pink. (And that's all the detail you're getting on the hoodie for now.) And I eyed the front.
    The sides.
    When I turned it around, the deal was sealed, as they say. I said, "Hey Kat. You NEED this."
    Then the exchange above took place.

And yes, I'm an enabler. Particularly when it comes to the PERFECT souvenir.

And any shoe-related purchase.

And NARS makeup.

AHEM.

She said this to me no less than 5 times in those 4 days. Every time we discussed/saw said hoodie.

Will this hoodie story have a happy ending????

Surprisingly, I really like this picture of me. :goodvibes I remember how happy and excited I was. Makes me happy now.

Isn't she lovely?

:worship:

By way of a little backstory, we'd been planning our first drink in the World for, oh, 4 months now? LOL Honestly. We had perused and considered all of the drinks we could find on the Barefoot Bar menu. We hemmed and hawed. We even pretended like we'd just have a beer. Pssht. We knew. We knew it would be fruity and girlie and rum-my and NOM! We were SO looking forward to this drink. We knew that whatever we had would be good. But we didn't realize it would be Pina Colada with a raspberry swirl and a pineapple garnish good.

We tipped her kindly.

It was, in fact, the last place we stayed together. It was our last trip together and, little did I know then, that she would be gone about 6 months later.

I worried that I would have a hard time staying there again. Not so much that I wanted to consider another resort, but it was in the back of my mind. When we arrived it was familiar, but in a comforting way. I wasn't sad. On our first morning I took a good, long morning walk and visited the village where I'd stayed on that last trip. Found the pool we'd played at. The little courtyard we'd sat in, close to our room. Those moments were a little bittersweet...but I get ahead of myself here.

Back to the present.

Er. Past.

Um, fairly recent history.

It wasn't just good. It was perfect.

And that's all I have to say about that. :goodvibes

:lmao:

There really should be a snortlaugh smiley at this point.

I can usually make it through January but February is the worst - when it seems winter will NEVER end and everything is really just an icy, frigid mess.

::sigh::

Remind me again why I haven't moved somewhere warmer???

"You found the Ladies Room?! Yay! Have a pin!"

"You made it a third of the way around the WS while getting only moderately wasted?! Yay! Have a pin!"

"You did not remove that lobster-colored infant with no hat or sunblock from their parents 'care' and run away screaming?! No pin for you. Come back 3 months."

That last one is an unfortunate Disney memory. Sometimes I think there is a common sense-based test you should have to pass before you procreate. But I digress...

:hug:

Wow! That's pretty amazing! And very special. And was meant for you to find. :goodvibes

Ahhhhh, yes. Vacation. That blessed event that removes you from the 9-5 scene. I've been sparse, I know, but my sanity needed it, believe me.

I only have to upload and resize some pics for the next chapter. Writing it should be easy. I've been looking forward to it. However, I can't promise it will happen before the holiday. We have some plans over the next few days and I'm not sure I can properly write the chapter in the time I have. If I can, believe me I'll get that baby up there. If not, it will be Monday or Tuesday of next week. :goodvibes

No kidding. I think part of it was the location of the room (I'll share that in the next chapter) but honestly, the resort itself is just sooooooo low-key. I know that my morning walks are taken early enough that ANY resort (even POP!) would be quiet, but no matter what time of the day we were returning to the room it was to a sense of peace.

18. TarzansKat

Ha! Years of practice. ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I don't even want to talk about how much I talked about that hoodie. :lmao:

I thought so. I wanted to be sensitive to that, I hope I was. :goodvibes

You know, after you sent me your photos via cd, I saw those pics, and said to DH, this must be the last place Tink stayed with her grandmother. I'm glad you got to do that, hon. :hug:

Just to clarify, you're taking the room arrival and dinner, right?

19. PaMom001

PaMom001 <marquee><font color=red>Used to be good at dodgin

I got a pic of 2 pirate: today.....I'll post them when I get home.

20. TarzansKat

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

21. maroo

maroo DIS Veteran

popcorn:: yum! (and I was not referring to the popcorn) :rotfl:

And, TK...

Your next post is your 7000TH post... so make it a good one!!! :)

:rotfl: