**Tie Dye Mickey ears shirts directions**NEW NEW PICS LAST PAGE**

It's an art. :confused3
All I can is that really small stitches, TIGHT rubber bands and just enough dye has produced the best results for me.
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my issue is the just enough dye part. I just have to trust the process a bit more. Luckily I have another 8 pack of t-shirts!! :)

I was thinking of trying a Jack Skellington face for one friend in our group who is reluctantly wearing a tie-dye. But Something says I may want to figure out Mickey first.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my issue is the just enough dye part. I just have to trust the process a bit more. Luckily I have another 8 pack of t-shirts!! :)

I was thinking of trying a Jack Skellington face for one friend in our group who is reluctantly wearing a tie-dye. But Something says I may want to figure out Mickey first.

I'm not going to lie, the process can be maddening at times. Especially if you're doing a lot of shirts. You spend all of this time being meticulous but one small mistake and your mickey heads are blobs, :furious:

I'm not going to lie, the process can be maddening at times. Especially if you're doing a lot of shirts. You spend all of this time being meticulous but one small mistake and your mickey heads are blobs, :furious:
Luckily, my liquor cabinet isn't too far away :)

Which could be another reason for the blobs.... Hmm...

Quick question for everyone. I was looking for more tips to making better shirts and one thing that I saw mentioned was to make sure that the rubber bands are below the floss and NOT on top of the floss. I'm not sure that I ever paid any attention to this previously. Just curious if anyone can weigh in on that suggestion.

I would agree with that. I put the rubber bands just below the floss, definitely not on top. I make them as tight as I can, and also use new rubber bands. I don't re-use bands for that. I feel like it helps keep them tighter.

We did these Last year on our trip, but we didn't use thread. Ingenious idea! Mine ended up looking like I had big purple spots directly on my chest in an awkward way. :(

Has anyone used Tulip brand dyes? Were making Mickey shirts for the family. One or two of the Mickey heads came out OK on their own, but I ended up using a bleach pen to make it more defined. Anyway, I'm having a problem -- I keep washing the shirts and dye keeps on coming out. The first few times I washed them in cold water. Last time I ran under hot water for a bit and then put in the washer with warm water -- dye still running. The instructions do say to use the "hottest water suitable for fabric." Do I need to run these for a load or two under the hot wash cycle? The shirts are 100% cotton and I was trying to avoid shrinking them, but maybe that is what I need to do. Also, the instructions do not mention soda ash or any other items like that. Any advice to help the dye stay in would be appreciated.

Any new Halloween looks? I'm trying to decide what color to do mine. I don't want Mickey's head to be black because I will heat press a black outline of jack'o'lantern Mickey. So I'm do you think black and orange with a orange Mickey will look good?

Any new Halloween looks? I'm trying to decide what color to do mine. I don't want Mickey's head to be black because I will heat press a black outline of jack'o'lantern Mickey. So I'm do you think black and orange with a orange Mickey will look good?

Last year we did orange, purple and green. They were nicely themed! You can still do the Mickey head in black and do the face in white.

Here is the post with last year's shirts.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50249877&postcount=2272

This is the shirts we made last time.

Very faded looking. I used Rit. I think adding the vinyl Mickey head saved it and now we like them.

Hopefully this time will go a bit better.

We are spending Christmas at WDW with our friends who have moved out of state. I made some matching shirts when we went together about 3 years ago. I did all the prep work for 10 Mickey Tie Dyes, and everyone tie dyed their own on Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, they won't be here this year due to the the move.

So, when we got together this summer to plan meals, parks, etc. the dad asked if we were going to have matching shirts again this year.

So, here is my weekend project, 10 Christmas Mickey Tie Dyes.

I wasn't happy at the end of the dyeing process yesterday, but after the washing tonight, I think they turned out ok.

Time for another Disney trip so we had to make new shirts!!

20141130_094506_zpsd31efa68.jpg

20141130_091631_zps2f27b54f.jpg

I dyed my 4 this morning can't wait until Noon tomorrow to rinse them and see how they turned out!!!!

I have made these shirts for our family trips each time we go, last time we went in 2012 we went with my brother and his kids and I made shirts for them as well....we are all planning another trip this April and my brother has requested I make tie dyes again but he asked for a black shirt with a white mickey head...does anyone know if this is possible and if so how would I do it?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!