**Tie Dye Mickey ears shirts directions**NEW NEW PICS LAST PAGE**

I have been following this thread for a while and decided to give it a shot. Here is how they turned out :

I am getting ready to make our annual tie dye shirts. I am using orange and purple with just a tiny bit of bright green. Does anyone know of a good purple shade to use from Dharma Trading Company? I currently have Grape in my basket but I think it might be a bit too dark. I always go with black for the Mickey ears so I don't want a color that's too dark since I want it to contrast. Any help is appreciated.

I've used grape before, and it wasn't super dark. I also used black for the ears... I'm not sure if I have a pic, but if I find one I'll post it.

I've used grape before, and it wasn't super dark. I also used black for the ears... I'm not sure if I have a pic, but if I find one I'll post it.

If Grape wasn't *too* dark, then I'd think that I can go a tad lighter and be fine. I'm anxious to get my order in b\c Dharma is on the West coast and I am on the East coast!:eek:

I also use grape as my normal purple.

Just finished after midnight. I never feel like I did a good job but of course won;t know for 24 hours.

I used Deep Orange, Plum Blossom, Bright Green and Jet Black...all from Dharma Trading Company.

I'll post Monday or Tuesday night. Here's hoping they turned out okay.

I just finished the rinse and wash portion of things. It was a huge batch. 2 hoodies, I think 11 adult tshirts, 7 kids tshirts and somewhere around 20 onesies. Not all of it was mine and not all of it was Mickey heads. Had some failures, some successes, and some "oh crap that wasn't 100% cotton..." Liquor came out about halfway through.

I just finished the rinse and wash portion of things. It was a huge batch. 2 hoodies, I think 11 adult tshirts, 7 kids tshirts and somewhere around 20 onesies. Not all of it was mine and not all of it was Mickey heads. Had some failures, some successes, and some "oh crap that wasn't 100% cotton..." Liquor came out about halfway through.

This made me laugh... What a huge batch! Must have taken forever. And only halfway? I would have broken out the liquor sooner with that many shirts!

Just finished after midnight. I never feel like I did a good job but of course won;t know for 24 hours.

I used Deep Orange, Plum Blossom, Bright Green and Jet Black...all from Dharma Trading Company.

I'll post Monday or Tuesday night. Here's hoping they turned out okay.

I bet they'll look awesome! I hope you post pics!

This made me laugh. Been there, done that. I def started working on mine too late in the evening. Out of the gates, I measured my dye wrong. I was thinking my bottles were 8oz but were actually 4oz.:headache: Thinking i should have started with a Captain\Diet Coke from the beginning!

I bet they'll look awesome! I hope you post pics!
Well, we'll see. i will absolutely post the pics. This is about the 6th time that I've done them. I was a bit challenged at no entirely in the right frame of mind when I made them last night. I was trying to do Orange and purple with some green as an accent. Not sure how well I did with balancing the colors. I used to stress about them in the past. Now when I do them, it's more of a "nice to have" versus a necessity. i already have Birthday shirts with names and Mickey heads for my DD's so I feel like I'm covered this trip.
:)

Great job!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hey Pixie...funny story. Ran into some folks when I was down there and they had SPECTACULAR tie dyed Mickeys. So I complimented them and chatted them up. Turns out they were done by you. I told them they chose the right person to go to. :)

How does it feel to be a legend?

Any tips for hoodies? I've gotten good with regular tees, but this is a whole adventure! If there is an earlier post regarding hoodies, please let me know. Thanks!

Hey Pixie...funny story. Ran into some folks when I was down there and they had SPECTACULAR tie dyed Mickeys. So I complimented them and chatted them up. Turns out they were done by you. I told them they chose the right person to go to. :)

How does it feel to be a legend?

Oh how cool! I'm honored :flower3: thank you for sharing with me. :wave2:

Mardi Gras

1551653_655091274547942_1459111513_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter