• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket Promo coming soon?

I really hope they will have the 4 parks for $199 promo again. I am planning a family reunion trip for next February.:worship:

The latest rumor I'm hearing is there will be a buy one get one free one day park admission promo coming. Can anyone confirm?

Im hoping for the PAP deal again for $399, I think it last happened around Christmas 2013 and I'm hoping it will reappear around Christmas again this year :0)

I had to call DVC last night, got a very good cast member. At the end of our call I inquired about any up coming AP or ticket promotions and was the answer was they do not know of any.

Man I'm going to be P O'd if I buy tickets because of the 60 day fast pass window and a week later they come out with a ticket deal.

Im hoping for the PAP deal again for $399, I think it last happened around Christmas 2013 and I'm hoping it will reappear around Christmas again this year :0)

$399 was fall 2012. They next had it early 2014, it was $485. If they had it again, it would most likely be around $525, which is the DVC discounted AP price.

like everyone else....I'm hoping for something before my September trip!

I don't think any special discount will become available until after the end of August. The parks will be busy as is, they don't need to promo more people to go during the peak summer season.

With the hint at tiered admission pricing, I'm really curious what will happen for DVC members. Because, that would really tick me off as an owner.

With the hint at tiered admission pricing, I'm really curious what will happen for DVC members. Because, that would really tick me off as an owner.
What is this hint??? What is tiered admission prices?
Thanks
Kerri

What is this hint??? What is tiered admission prices?
Thanks
Kerri

It's now coming out in more main stream media, but Disney sent out a survey to a number of people asking their opinions on a "Gold, Silver, Bronze" calendar system by which you would pay the least for admission on Bronze days, more for Silver, and the most for Gold. Any number of threads here and other places will go more into details and I'll refrain form my diatribe here. I did get the survey, but based on how I answered the up front demographic questions (probably being an AP passholder, DVC member, D23 member, and Disney Visa card holder didn't help :) ), I didn't get to take the actual survey.

YIKES!!!!
I mean those dang tickets are astronomical as it is.
And since I only go during school closing for my darling daughter.....ie busiest times.....means
my tickets will be more :-(
I hope this dosen't effect AP's.

Only good thing about WDW crazy expensive prices is when I book other vacations now...ie Europe, Cruises etc
prices seem reasonable:rolleyes1
Thanks
Kerri

YIKES!!!!
I mean those dang tickets are astronomical as it is.
And since I only go during school closing for my darling daughter.....ie busiest times.....means
my tickets will be more :-(
I hope this dosen't effect AP's.

Only good thing about WDW crazy expensive prices is when I book other vacations now...ie Europe, Cruises etc
prices seem reasonable:rolleyes1
Thanks
Kerri

Personally, I think the survey was all about AP holders and ONLY AP holders. As I understand it, the survey went out to AP holders only. I think they are gauging pain threshold and if AP holders will just grin and bear it or if they would rebel against it. AP holders are a large contributor to the residual income at the gates each year. You can't tick this group off but so much or they will impact your bottom line in a negative manner. ;)

As far as MYW tickets, I Think there's a message there as well. I think the whole survey thing was a shot across the bow that "It's coming for MYW ticket holders. Will you put up with it too?". I could be wrong, but I bet I ain't. ;)

Personally, I think the survey was all about AP holders and ONLY AP holders. As I understand it, the survey went out to AP holders only. I think they are gauging pain threshold and if AP holders will just grin and bear it or if they would rebel against it. AP holders are a large contributor to the residual income at the gates each year. You can't tick this group off but so much or they will impact your bottom line in a negative manner. ;)

As far as MYW tickets, I Think there's a message there as well. I think the whole survey thing was a shot across the bow that "It's coming for MYW ticket holders. Will you put up with it too?". I could be wrong, but I bet I ain't. ;)
Well I hope those surveyed rebelled against such tiering!
Kerri

hmm. Of all of my friends, many who regularly go to WDW, I know of only 1 other AP holder in the DC area. I would have thought that much more revenue comes from AP vs day tickets.

I told them I thought the idea was 'pants' and that if they had black out dates on my AP, I would not be happy.

Me too. I'm spending $800 for 4 of us for only 2 days at WDW. They don't care about us they got their money and now they want more of our money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter