Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland.

Nice update! RSR does look like lots of fun. Smart move on not being cattle and just getting in line, especially since it was 45 minutes, not 80!:cool1: IDK about the Cozy Cone Motel - one item per cone? Can you imagine how long it would take to get all your items for a family? I think they are missing out on sales by doing it that way - who would stand in more than one line? Unless you all split up, I guess. :confused3

Oh, and great pic of Lady H! Very Pretty!

Hey, how the heck is it that you and Ponzi both have over 4000 posts, and I only have 2500, not even, and I've been on the Dis longer than either of you?

7:30 am. Alarm goes off. Yes, we actually got to sleep in a little bit today.

Yes, sleeping inside is always better than sleeping the hallway. Too many people walking by.

Our mission, if we so decide to choose it.. Park opens at 0900. That’s 9:00 am for all you civilians. No I wasn’t in the military, so I guess I would be counted as one of the civilians. However; my dad and grandpa were both in the Army, so when ever you asked them the time, they would tell it to you in military time. I got to be pretty good at it.

But for some reason, saying it's 15:30 sounds silly.

Sir.

8:35 and we’re making our way to the shuttle stop. Not too bad. It usually takes Lady H and I about 5 minutes at the most to get from our resort to the shuttle stop. Not today. Today we made it in outstanding 2-minutes. As we start our walk and walk towards the street corner, guess what passes by? Yup our shuttle. If we miss this one, we’ll have to wait about 20-minutes for the next one to show up. We take off running the 25 yard dash and make there in a whopping 10 seconds. “Run, Thumpers, Run.” Ok. That is actually pretty slow for 25 yards, the point is we had to run to catch the shuttle. Good thing there was a decent group of people waiting to get on the shuttle, as this allowed us a few extra seconds to make it and catch our breath. Which reminds I need to start exercising more. Once we get to the shuttle door, we realized, it wasn’t our shuttle. It was the city bus. Well at least we made it on time. About 3 minutes later, our shuttle does show up.

We just had a room really close to the bus stop at CBR, and we could see the back end of a bus when we got down the path just a little bit. I got SO tired of running to the bus stop, not knowing if it's our bus,,,,,,,

This time when we get on, it’s standing room only. Did I put deodorant on this morning? It’s already pretty warm this morning and after that brief run, I’m already starting to perspire. I recall what I did this morning and yup, I put deodorant. Everyone’s noses will be safe today.

Whew.
Or should that be Phew?

As we make make our way up Buena Vista Street, we get to Carthay Circle and come to complete stop. I tell Lady H, “Surely that can’t be the line for Radiator Spring Racers Fastpasses? WOW!” Now this is not an exaggeration. There must have been about 300+ people waiting in line. For Fastpasses. The line started where I indicated on the map and was more or less ending by Disney Junior and were still lining up.

Wow. I had no idea that those kind of crowds happened out there. When were you there again? Mid August?

We both agree it’s about a 30-40 minute wait for FP’s. We have 2 choices. A: We can wait in the FP line and hope we get one, or B: head straight to RSR and spend the time waiting in the stand-by line. Either way, we’re going to have to wait if we want to ride RSR. The way we figure it, we’ll wait 30 minutes to get a FP, then we’ll have to wait 30 minutes in the FP line once we actually get in line at the ride itself. So either, way we’re going to wait an hour. We go with plan B. Might as well spend the time waiting in line now. We know later it will be really crazy. Especially if the wait is like it was the other day.

I like your progression of logic there,. sounds like you made the right choice.

We head straight for RSR and notice the wait time already says 80 minutes.

45 minutes, later and we make it to front of the line.

Not bad considering the wait was posted as being 80 minutes. Time for us to take a cruise. We get in the car and I struggle to put my seatbelt on, because my foot is tangled in my bag. In the process I drop my camera and can’t seem to find it. I tell Lady H I just had it because I just took a pics of the cars. And we’re off. Oh well. Looks like I get to enjoy the scenery. I’ll have to find it once we get off the ride.

Yep, right choice.

Here’s the moment Nebo has been waiting for. How does RSR compare to it’s WDW counterpart Test Track?

Yeah Yeah Yeah, lay it on me. Give.

Well my friend, I hate to disappoint you, but I’m not going to compare this one.

But But But,,,,

After searching for my camera and unable to find it because the seatbelt is already locked into place, we take a nice little cruise by the mountains before entering the bat cave. Sorry, wrong theme. I guess it’s more of a tunnel we enter. In this tunnel we almost get plowed by Mac. We’re bobbing and weaving trying to avoid traffic. We must’ve been going kinda fast because the sheriff pops out from behind the sign telling us “slow down, you’re not racing yet.” Well my heart is still racing from almost getting plowed by a semi. I thought for sure we were going to land up as his hood ornament. So the sheriff calls good ole Mater over and we do a little tractor tipping with him. We were having fun until Big Red started chasing after us with his plowing blades. We hit the gas and hightail it out of there. At the rate we’re going, we might not make it to the race. This race car is a rental and I don’t think my insurance will cover any damages. Heaven knows what Disney will charge us if we wreck this thing.

Soon we meet up with Lightning McQueen and the rest of the cars. Ramone gives our car a new paint job for the race. I was actually hoping for a faster engine. I want to win this race. After our paint job, we get some last minute advice from Doc Hudson and prepare to race.

Now that must have been eerie since he's be dead for a few years now.

We pull up next to another car, Luigi waves the flag and off we go. Each car takes off at the same time and we take the lead as we come into the first turn. Coming out of the turn and over the bridge we lose our lead and the other car is now ahead of us. Coming into the final turn we take the inside lane to make up ground and pull even. Out of the final turn we hit the gas going down the final stretch. We cross the finish line and…................................. …..................................................................................................................................................

Whoo Hoo. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy. Our first race and we’re 1 & 0 baby. We pulled out the victory on the final straight away. I think I’ll retire from racing and go out a champion.

Wow. Your description made that ride sound like it's a half hour long!

After pulling back into the pit and receiving the Piston Cup (well ok we didn’t really receive the cup, would’ve been nice though), we head back down the street over to Luigi’s Tires.

Um, you hoo, the camera on the floor, remember?

45 minute wait. Not interested in waiting that long in this heat. It’s starting to get really hot outside now. I thought the average temps were in the mid 80’s. Not on this day. I have a weather app on my phone and it states it’s already 93. Being the troopers we are, we proceed on. We make a pit stop, inside Ramone’s, one of the gift shops at CL. After Ramone’s we mozy, yes we know how to mozy and stroll, to the Cozy Cone Motel.

Hold it. What's Luigi's Tires? You holdin' out on us?

See what kind of snacks and beverages they sell. There are 5 different cones and each cone sells a specific snack.

Cone 1 - Churros. Cone 2 - Ice Cream Cones. Cone 3 - Cone Queso (chili con queso I’m guessing). Cone 4 - Cone-coctions (which might have been drinks). Cone 5 - Popcone (no these are not typos, that’s the name on the cones). We thought about getting an ice-cream, but of course this was the one line that was the longest, so we just skipped the Cozy Cone Motel. Next we went into Sarge’s Surplus Hut. Your basic Disney shop selling Disney merchandise. Mostly Cars merchandise. It was pretty crowded so we just decided to see the rest of the park. We’ll come back later in the evening. We heard it’s something not to be missed at night. Speaking of night, we got to meet a real Knight. Sir Tow Mater.

Yeeah, that does sound irritating.

And with this, I will say goodnight for soon it be morrow.

Thanks Mike, great chapter!

we would love to meet up with you guys! just haven't figured out the dates. sept. would be cheaper, and no worries about parks being closed with halloween parties like in oct. but maybe they have the parties in sept too? but we have 2 grandkids birthdays in sept. nov. gets too cold,. we'll have to talk.. maybe sneak in a trip between the 2 birthdays.. not sure just yet.

Just let me know. We would love to hang out with you again. And you can bring Nebo along if you like. :laughing: J/K. Would like to ride California Screaming with him.

Looks like they moved the RSR FP location. It used to be in the building right by the entrance to the ride. Glad you got to ride it!

That's where we were more or less expecting to find it. I bet having them there was causing a traffic jam. Ha ha. Get it? Traffic Jam, Carsland. Ok, I'll stick to writing songs.

Good thing we read the map as to its location. I wonder if they'll move them back once the new wears off?

Nice update! RSR does look like lots of fun. Smart move on not being cattle and just getting in line, especially since it was 45 minutes, not 80!:cool1:

We're lucky it turned out that way. No telling how it would've turned out if we got in line for FP's. With my luck, I would be the next in line and they would just run out. "Sorry sir. No more FP's. You should've been here at 8:30 like everyone else."

IDK about the Cozy Cone Motel - one item per cone? Can you imagine how long it would take to get all your items for a family? I think they are missing out on sales by doing it that way - who would stand in more than one line? Unless you all split up, I guess. :confused3

It's mostly snack items, so hard to say. If you plan on popcorn and ice cream, then yeah it would be a pain. But if you're only doing one or the other, than not so much. Personally, I would just hit up a different section of the park. No lines at those other places.

Oh, and great pic of Lady H! Very Pretty!

Thanks. Did I mention her hair is no longer that color and short now?

Hey, how the heck is it that you and Ponzi both have over 4000 posts, and I only have 2500, not even, and I've been on the Dis longer than either of you?

If you notice, when I do the call outs, I do separate posts for each person instead of one long post like you do. Helps up the post count. Not that it matters. What matters most is what you write.

Yes, sleeping inside is always better than sleeping the hallway. Too many people walking by.

Depends on what time you fall asleep in the hallway and what time you wake up.

But for some reason, saying it's 15:30 sounds silly.

Sir.

Only to the civilians Nebo sir.

We just had a room really close to the bus stop at CBR, and we could see the back end of a bus when we got down the path just a little bit. I got SO tired of running to the bus stop, not knowing if it's our bus,,,,,,,

In our case, it was stated that the bus comes around every 20 minutes or so. So if you missed it, you would have to wait 20 minutes for it to come back around again. At least at CBR, I noticed plenty of park busses.

Whew.
Or should that be Phew?

I've often wondered this myself. Either way, I remembered to put deodorant.

Wow. I had no idea that those kind of crowds happened out there. When were you there again? Mid August?

We were there the last week of August actually. We picked that week because kids went back to school that week. At least from what I could tell from looking at all the local school calendars. I think because CL is still brand new, the crowds will be there for a while. Just like when WWoHP opened up. We went the year it first opened during the fall. Thinking it would have slowed down by then. Nope. FJ still had 45-60 minute wait times. Now that we went, 10-15 minute wait times. Probably because that's how long it takes you to walk through the queue.

Wait until you hear about our final day at DL.

I like your progression of logic there,. sounds like you made the right choice.

As I just told Magic, who knows how it would've been had we not decided to go right away. We may never have gotten to ride it.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, lay it on me. Give.

Now that Test Track has been refurbed, it is really hard to compare. I don't have a favorite. I like them both.

Now that must have been eerie since he's be dead for a few years now.

He's alive and well over at DL. Unless he has twin. :confused3

Wow. Your description made that ride sound like it's a half hour long!

The ride itself is about as long as TT. It really was a fun ride. Especially when you get to the race.

Um, you hoo, the camera on the floor, remember?

I remembered it. Do you? It was the same one my sister couldn't figure out how to use to take our picture. :rotfl:

Hold it. What's Luigi's Tires? You holdin' out on us?

A ride. Question answered. Next?

Ok, ok. Every played air hockey? It's like an oversized version of that. The bottom surface blows up air and you sit in a big tire that floats like the puck when the air is on. To make it move the way you want it to go, you have to lean your whole body in that direction.

Spoiler alert. We never rode it. Wait time was always hovering (see what I did there, I did it again. Ok I'll stop) around 45 minutes or so. Didn't interest us enough to wait 45 minutes to ride it. I thought I took a picture of it, but I don't see it in my uploads. I'll have to check my computer tonight when I get home.

Yeeah, that does sound irritating.

Yeah, it was. In the pic I posted, you can see how long the line is for popcorn, imagine for ice cream. I never did think to get a picture of the line. At the moment all we wanted was something cold to eat or drink because it was so flipping hot.

Thanks Mike, great chapter!

Thanks for coming back.

You did! Are you in mourning or something? I want to see a current pic now. :goodvibes

Yes he is in mourning. Anytime i cut my hair he goes into a depression I think. And I can't be subtle when i cut my hair either. It's usually all or nothing. :rotfl: Poor thing. At least I warned him before hand.

I'll see if I can find a decent picture with my hair now. Nebo and Smidgy should have one from when we met up with them as well...which i'm sure will be part of their TR down the line.

Yes he is in mourning. Anytime i cut my hair he goes into a depression I think. And I can't be subtle when i cut my hair either. It's usually all or nothing. :rotfl: Poor thing. At least I warned him before hand.

I'll see if I can find a decent picture with my hair now. Nebo and Smidgy should have one from when we met up with them as well...which i'm sure will be part of their TR down the line.

My DH would be in mourning if I did a drastic cut too. I'm even a little wary about a couple of inches, but he's said that as along as it's not above shoulder length, he's okay. I don't push and try for more because then he might shave the beard and stache.

Carsland looks like great fun, but I hate the lines in the "ooh Look! new and Shiney!" period.

My DH would be in mourning if I did a drastic cut too. I'm even a little wary about a couple of inches, but he's said that as along as it's not above shoulder length, he's okay. I don't push and try for more because then he might shave the beard and stache.

Carsland looks like great fun, but I hate the lines in the "ooh Look! new and Shiney!" period.

T-Man would prefer if I just cut a few inches off. When I ask him his opinion, he will tell me, "You can cut this much," and usually goes just to the shoulders. :rotfl2: But i have a tendency that when I grow my hair, I grow it really really long. Anywhere from waist length to past my GM (using Nebo's term there. I kind of like it). But I get tired of sitting on my hair or only throwing it up in buns or pony tails, so I chop it all off. The short hair helps the headaches, that's for sure.

I've tried the whole, You grow your beard, I'll grow my hair thing with T-Man...It works for a while until the beard gets annoying to him and he shaves :sad1:.

Yeah, the new and shiney period was in full effect for CL. At least we got to ride it once. There was no chance I was going to try to ride it again. Even the Single Rider lines were like an hour wait at times.

Nebo read where I wrote, "maybe I'll cut mine". so he says, "gee I liked Heather's hair long!" (not that he doesn't like it short, he just likes long hair). and I sia d"I thought it was really cute short, and I liked the new color" then I thought, and said"are you trying to tell me to NOT cut my hair?"
Nebo<" if it bothers you and is too much to take care of, cut it." me"no, I just thought I might look better with it short, but are trying to tell me you like it long?"
yes, he likes it long.

I can't beleive you can grow it past you waist and more!! mine has never been longer than it is now. I think it won't grow any longer!

Great updates!

Sorry for be absent for so long, I promise to do better

Backstage_Gal said:
Great updates!

Sorry for be absent for so long, I promise to do better

You're not the only one absent. We were absent from our own TR. Should have another chapter up over the weekend.

Nebo read where I wrote, "maybe I'll cut mine". so he says, "gee I liked Heather's hair long!" (not that he doesn't like it short, he just likes long hair). and I sia d"I thought it was really cute short, and I liked the new color" then I thought, and said"are you trying to tell me to NOT cut my hair?"
Nebo<" if it bothers you and is too much to take care of, cut it." me"no, I just thought I might look better with it short, but are trying to tell me you like it long?"
yes, he likes it long.

I can't beleive you can grow it past you waist and more!! mine has never been longer than it is now. I think it won't grow any longer!

Mine is currently at just below my waist. When I was a kid my mom always kept it really short, as in "what a cute little boy" short, until I could take care of it myself. When I could take care of it myself I was to lazy to have long hair. Then I was trying to figure out long a braid would need to be to wrap around someone's head so I thought I'd grow mine out. And it saved on the annoyance/cost of hair cuts.

I miss the convenience of the wash and go short haircut, but I'm just too lazy to get it cut. :p

You did! Are you in mourning or something? I want to see a current pic now. :goodvibes

Yes. I am still in mourning. Not so much with the color but with the cut. :laughing: I really do like it long, but she's the one that has to deal with it on a daily basis. I will admit it's cute, but it was cuter longer.

Here's a current pic of Lady H and how her hair looks like now. Pay no attention to the man to the right. This is from our recent trip to WDW. We stopped to say hi to ourselves.

I'll watch for it. DH always wants mine long, too. It grows so slowly - it took me 12 years to get it to my mid back one time, and I went in for some layers and she chopped it off to my collar bone! :scared: So I've just kept it there since. He is always worried when I say I'm getting a haircut.:p

Yes. I am still in mourning. Not so much with the color but with the cut. :laughing: I really do like it long, but she's the one that has to deal with it on a daily basis. I will admit it's cute, but it was cuter longer.

Here's a current pic of Lady H and how her looks like now. Pay no attention to the man to the right. This is from our recent trip to WDW. We stopped to say hi to ourselves.

And there it is! You both look mah-va-lous! Heather, I like it short too so you have my approval either way!:rotfl2: DS is there somewhere with DDIL from their honeymoon. We always have to look them up, too!

"That's my only goal. Surround myself with funny people, and make sure everyone has a good time and works hard." (Joe Rogan)

After winning the Piston Cup and cruising through CL, we make our way back towards the entrance. We want to get a locker to store our backpacks in. My back needs air from the heat of the day. Carrying a backpack is making my back sweat even more than what it normally would and I can feel it running down my back. No its not walking down or even trickling down. It’s literally running down my back. Our bags are a little lighter now because we both finished the 3 bottles of water each of us brought with us. We didn’t want to be like our friend Nebo and take a dive. Of course at the time we didn’t know of his major accident. We just knew that we needed to keep hydrated ourselves.

On our way to the lockers, we pass Lady H’s favorite ride. Do do do do, do do do do. Yes the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Only a 5 minute wait. I guess getting a locker will have to wait 10 more minutes then. Now I’ve heard the ToT is better here. Personally, I didn’t notice too many differences at all, but here is what I did notice.

For starters, the outside is different.

ToT over at DHS.

ToT over at DCA.

Notice over at DHS, the name “Hollywood Tower” is spelled out all the way across as to where at DCA “Hollywood” is above “Tower.” There is a difference in color and over at DCA, the tower seems to be set more towards the back as to where the tower is more towards the front at DHS. Next difference is the queue’s. Over at DCA, depending on how long the line is, you seem to enter directly in front. This gave it the feeling that you were actually walking into a hotel. Over at DHS, the entrance is more to the side. Next difference in the queue’s is the lobby. It seems you get a little bit better view of the entire lobby at DCA than you do at DHS. Get to see more of the props they use. At least that’s the sense I got. Back to DCA, they have 2 rooms they use to see the video. One to each side of the desk. There’s a CM there to direct you as to which one you will go in. I only recall DHS having one room to watch the video. Just having visited DHS again, I looked to see if there is more than one room used. Nope. Still only use one room off to the right. The video is pretty much the same video. At least they remembered to put the right ToT for each location in the video. Can you imagine seeing the DHS ToT over at DCA and vice-versa. I wonder if anyone would even snap if they put the wrong ToT? After the video, it’s pretty much the same. You exit out into a boiler room and wait. Well we didn’t have much of wait. We waited all of 2 minutes for our turn.

Now I really gotta give it to the CM that plays the elevator attendant. He really got into character. Of course he starts by having people take their seats by their assigned numbers. Once we were in our seats, he asked in a low, who cares tone of voice “raise your hand if this is your first time riding? No one. You all came back? Did you not learn the first time? I pity all of you,” and gave his best fake smile. Next he tells us “I need you all to tug on the yellow rope connected to your seat belt, just in case there’s a sudden drop in the elevator. We don’t want bodies flying everywhere because there’s a hole in the corner, and we had a hard time cleaning up the last set of bodies” as he points to the lady sitting in the corner seat; afterwards telling her “Good Luck.” Next he points to me and Lady H, and asks us “Would you like me to show your bags to your room?” I tell him “sure” to which he replies “I bet you would. If you want to see your bags again, you best find a way to hold on to them.” After he’s done with all the safety checks, the CM tells us “Welcome to the Hollywood Hotel. Enjoy your fright, I mean your night” does his best evil laugh, steps out and closes the doors.

Now as far as the ride itself, it’s exactly the same. You travel through the dark and see the video of the ghostly figures, exactly what happened that made them disappear and then. Wait for it. The doors to see outside open and you drop. You thank God for the seatbelt as you’re going down, as you feel yourself coming out of your seat. The ride reverses directions and now you’re going up, gravity sits you back down. This up and down action can get a little rough on the rear end. Hmm. That didn’t sound right. Flying by the seat of your pants can be a real pain. The fun part was Lady H and I trying to hold onto our bags. We put our feet through the straps, but that still wasn’t enough to keep them in place. I think we finally had to step on our bags to keep them from going all over the place. That was real hard to do when the ride would go down and our feet would leave the floor. After about 3-4 minutes of going up and down, the ride comes to a stop. Who better to greet us then the elevator attendant. “You all survived, yippee. Please exit one row at a time and take no offense when I say, please don’t come back.” The CM sure made it fun and we had a blast on the ride as always.

Once we get back outside, we forgot just how hot it was getting already. We almost turned around and went on the ride again. Just because it was nice and air-conditioned. Finally we make our way to the front and get a locker. Storing my bag may help keep my back a little cooler. With bags securely locked away, Lady H asks “where to next?” I only had to say one word “Well.” I probably didn’t even need to say that. I could’ve given my best Cheshire grin and she would know what that meant. “Every adventure requires a first step. Trite, but true, even here.” (Cheshire Cat) On to that monstrosity of a ride they call California Screamin’. You remember it don’t you. This not so bad boy.

Lady H told me “I should’ve known” and off we head to Paradise Pier. In my defense I tell her “TSM is there as well. I want a shot at the title.” All I got was the look. You know the look, all woman have it. The slight head nod and the word “Sure.” We get to Paradise Pier and to my horror. “NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!” It can’t be. Do you know how long I waited to ride this thing?” Yup, it was closed. How can they close California Screamin’? Don’t they know how far I traveled just to come and ride that coaster? Hopefully it will be open later. Now what? Well I guess we’ll move on to TSM.

STRIKE 2. TSM is also closed. I hoping we don’t get a 3rd strike. You know what happens on Strike 3. You’re out. You must do the walk of shame back to the dugout. In this case, you must head straight to park entrance to the exit gates. Do not pass go and please leave us another $200. No wonder it didn’t seem too crowded over here. All the good rides are closed. Only thing we can think of is they’re closed down because of the heat.

As we come to the end of Paradise Pier, we decide to skip Goofy’s Flight school and replenish our fluids. Ok, I know you’re all probably wondering, what is Goofy’s flight school. It would be DCA’s version of AK’s Primeval Whirl. Since Cal Screamin’ and TSM were both down, the other rides were picking up the slackers and ride times were getting pretty high. I don’t know what they were smoking, but they said we would have to wait 30-40 minutes if we wanted to ride.

We stop at the first watering hole we found the day we went on our recon mission. We grab a beer just as Phineas & Ferb come out to perform.

We follow them down because they are clearing the way in their truck. As we are following them I remember we need FP’s for World of Color. We are right next to the viewing area so we might as well get FP’s right away. We head down to the viewing area and on the way down, Goofy is conducting a water show to music. A prelude to World of Color. We stop to watch the ending of the show before heading down to see if we can find the FP machines. We didn’t find them anywhere up top, so we figured they might be where he was conducting. Once the show is over, we head down the steps as Goofy comes up. We give each other a high five as we pass each other. Job well done. We get to the spot where Goofy was performing and still can’t find the FP machines. Time to track down a CM and ask. Remember, they were out of English maps when we first walked in. We finally come across one of the CM’s responsible for keeping the park clean and ask him for a map. I’ve learned in the past that these CM’s always carry them. We told him they were out of the English maps up front, and yo no hablo espanol muy bueno, much less able to read it. Plus there was no way am I going to even attempt to translate French, Portuguese, Chinese or even Japanese. Heck, my smartphone isn’t even smart enough to translate these languages. He couldn’t believe they were out up front and luckily he had one left to give. He was also kind enough to point us in the direction of the FP machines. Man we were far off. We were kinda close to the machines, but they were in a place we would’ve never thought of.

On our way to find the FP machines, we spot a little bar off to the side of the Wine Country Trattoria. Yes, we already finished the first beer. It’s now getting close to noon and the temp is up to 96 degrees now.

Now I believe it was Queenbetsey who asked if we found her favorite bar. It’s called the Alfresco Lounge. If this is the same bar she’s referring to, then yes, we found it: and it became our favorite bar as well.

As we passed this bar, we thought at first it sold only wine. Little to our surprise they sold not only wine, but beer as well. BOTTLED BEER. Every other place at DCA seemed to sell beer on tap. You can see them bottles chilling in the chillers, and they were calling our names. At first we tried to walk through WCT to get to the bar, but came to a dead end. Seems the way up to this bar is through a short set of stairs to the right. Once we find the stairs and make it to the bar, there are only 2 people in line ahead of us. You don’t get to drink the beer from the bottle itself. The bartender pours it into a cup for you. Too many husbands have probably been bashed over the heads with the bottles, so they probably figured this was a tad bit safer for them.

With cold beer in hand, we head towards Soarin’ by way of Grizzly River Rapids. On our way we spot the entrance to DCA from GC. I wonder if we’re allowed to go in and out of this entrance as well. Or is it only for guests staying at the hotel. We go and ask a CM if we’re allowed and she tells us yes. Just as long as we get branded with the hand stamp and have our park tickets.

Great. We still need to go back and get the postcard we saw for Ponzi in the gift shop. We saw it while we were doing our resort tour. Plus we’ll need international postage to mail it to. We can come back later and buy the card, and see if they sell the postage. After we find out this useful information, we continue on our way.

All the DL fans are probably screaming at me through their computers right about now.
“Turn back you idiots. Oh man, I can’t believe they already forgot. What a space case. The beer and heat must be getting to their brains already.”

You see, the CM told us the place to get WoC FP’s is by the GRR FP machines. Half are devoted to GRR and the other half to WoC. Since I was more interested in keeping hydrated, I completely spaced the FP for WoC. Plus, if we would’ve had the park map earlier, it states on there where to find them.

So after absently minding forgetting to get WoC FP’s, we make it to Soarin’.

As we walk into Condor Flats, Minnie Mouse and some hotties; oh um, I mean some lady dancers dressed up as stewardesses are performing. We stop and check them out (well ok, so I was the one checking them out) for little bit before checking out the lines at Soarin’. It’s only a 25 minute wait here. Yup, that’s right. Only 25 minutes. Not the 60+ that you would normally see at WDW. We decide since we still have to finish our beer, to just get a FP for it and start scoping the area for something to eat. Either the heat, beer or combination of both has me feeling a little light headed. We went inside Taste of Pilot’s Grill. CS restaurant right next to Soarin’. It was nice and cool in here. We stood there for about 5 minutes looking over the menu. It wasn’t too busy at the moment, so we decided it we find something that interests us, we’ll get a bite to eat right away. Besides, even if we don’t ride Soarin’ now, we can always use our FP later. They’re not enforcing the return times here yet like they are over at WDW.

After staring at the menu, nothing sounded good to us at the moment. So we went back outside and found a couple of seats in the shade and finished our beers. Our FP time came up fast and soon we were off to fly over California.

Which I find a little ironic. Over at Epcot, which we all know is in Florida, you fly over California. Don’t you think it should be the opposite for DCA? Shouldn’t we be flying over Florida instead? Which brings me to my next comparison.

Again, other than the queue being a little different, it’s the exact same ride. I gotta say that I was a little disappointed with DCA’s version though. More with the quality of the video. There was a lot of distortion in the video. Both Lady H and I recognized it. There were times in the video that it looked like you were flying with a flock of birds. Something we thought we missed the first time we rode it in Epcot. Then there they were again, skiing. Talented birds. Whoops, they just disappeared. Oh there they are. This distortion was distracting and really ruined the ride for us. Needless to say, this was the only time we would ride Soarin’.

As we got out of Soarin’, we heard some people mention they need to get their WoC FP’s. Oh yeah. Already forgot those once, don’t want to forget those again. Our luck is changing. We found the WoC FP machine. On a hot day like today, we also debated on whether or not we should go on GRR. It sure would be nice to get wet and cool off right about now. I think we still have the Curse of the Mummy with us. Brought it back with us from USH.

Looks refreshing don't it.

Only problem is, the wait time is 60 minutes and we just got a FP for WoC. What we didn’t know at the time is, we could’ve gotten a FP for GRR as well. WoC FP’s don’t count towards your FP collection. We discovered this later on in the trip. Now would be good time to go back to GC to get out of the heat.

Since we had already did our recon mission, finding our way around GC was little easier this time. So we thought. Once you come from the DCA entrance, you have to walk an eternity to get the gift shop. Good thing is, the front lobby isn’t too far from there. Which is where we would inquire about getting postage. As we approach the guest services desk, there is only one CM working at the podium. He’s a new CM. How do I know this? There was a lady in front of me that kept going on about something. For the likes of me I can’t remember what, but I give it to the CM. He did his best to answer her questions, because she was ranting and raving about something. After about 5 minutes he finally told her he would get someone else to try and help her because he was still fairly new. Now my issue was simple, all I needed as International Postage to send my friend up north, (the one who lives in Canada, who’s Nebo’s favorite and didn’t send us a postcard when he went to Hawaii) a postcard that we went out of our way to get.

The CM tells us we need to go 3 miles down the hall and we can get it there. Well it seemed like 3 miles anyways. On the way to the business center we pass the mailbox and I tell Lady H “mark this spot on your phone’s gps. We made need it to find our way back here after we find the business center.”

We find the business center and ask the nice lady if she has any international postage to sell. We’re in luck, she does. This time we still have cash and we pay her for the postage. After we hand her the money, she disappears. Oh no. Deja Vu all over again. The last time we handed someone money for postage, we didn’t see the guy for an hour. I was hoping for complimentary room because the guy took so long to come back. But this lady was good. She was back in 2 minutes with our correct change.

Here’s your postcard Ponzi. You owe us one.

And with this, I’ll call it a day. Short work day today. I'm the lone worker today in our division. The price I have to pay for wanting to go to WDW. And you know what, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I would do it again in a heart beat. I should be able to wrap up this day in the next chapter. The I’ll turn it back over to Lady H so she can tell you about Sea World.

Thanks again everyone for sticking it out with us in this long, drawn out TR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter