Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland.

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by Thumper_Man, Aug 9, 2012.

1. pkondz

pkondz Hoping to get lucky

Your backpack is running down your back? Isn't that what the straps are for? To keep it from running around back there?

Are you sure it was running? Maybe it was just walking or trickling around?

Oh. Okay then, I guess it really was running.

Yeah, sure. Because all the running it did has caused it to lose weight.

That makes perfect sense.

And that too.

But mostly it's the exercise your bag got from all the running.

So you're saying that you're smarter than Nebo?

At least that's the way I read it.

Nebo, are you gonna take that? Them's fightin' words!

Thanks for all the info on the ride. Interesting differences, not the least of which is the building facade.

:laughing:

:rotfl: Even better! Gotta love it when you get a good CM.

I was reading this and thinking, "Why didn't they just hold on to them with their hands?" Then I realized it's because you're holding on to for dear life with both hands and you don't have any to spare for incidentals.

Nothing makes your back hotter then a backpack that's been running up and down and getting itself all hot and sweaty. ::yes::

:sad2: Ah, yes. I know that look.

15 - 20 minutes?

Easy. They put a little sign on the gate that says "closed" and voila. Closed.

Geez! Right about now I'd be thinking, "Where do I go to get my refund?"

And it's only $200/person.... because of the closures. Otherwise it'd be more.

::yes::

Okay.

Pass.

Wait 30-40 minutes for a Primeval Whirl type ride?

Not.

And here I thought you were gonna give him a smack in the head, "What's with closing TSM and CS??"

Mandarin's okay though, huh?

Inside a giant Taco? Buried under 6 feet of Mickey Bars?

See that would creep me out.

"Ponzi.... Ponzi....
    pull off our heads...
    and drink from our necks... "

Nope. Gross.

Plus, how many would be launched from the apex of the roller coaster?

Heh. Branded. Just for fun, next time they stamp your hand, scream like you were branded just to see the CMs reaction.

You're darn tootin' you do!

Next time, save yourself the hassle and just shove two stamps on it. That should be enough, no? It's overkill up here but I'd rather spend an extra 10-15 cents then run around trying to find exact postage.

Atta boy.

And now you know why.

Ummm…. Ew?

Taste of Pilot? Who’d want to taste a pilot? What if he had a bad day and was all sweaty from a bad landing. Man, that’s just gross.

I’ll pass, thanks.

Pilot au gratin
    Pilot flambé
    Honey Garlic or Hot Wings (see what I did there?)

Yeah… and it would cost more to film. But really…. How much more?

I had to re-read the entire chapter (not that that’s a bad thing) to figure out what GRR was.

Japanese version of GMR? (Great Roovie Ride)
    Golly River Rapids?

Ah well. But, no. I wouldn’t have waited an hour for KRR (or GRR in this case).

That statement boggled my mind. Well more than usual. You had to walk a long way to get to a gift shop????

Or not… and just fed up.

All you had to do was ask. Or even just PM me your address. When I went to the post office and asked them to send the postcard to Mr. & Mrs. Thumper they looked at me funny and slowly backed away.

Not sure why.

And for the record. Nebo’s favorite?

Yes. Yes I am.

:lmao: Good thinking.

Oh, all right. I owe you one. PM me your address and I’ll see what I can do.

Plus, I'm kinda mortified that you had to go to so much trouble for me. If I'd have known, I wouldn't have asked. So. Sorry about that.

Seriously, PM me your address.

That’s so true. Many, many of us DISers will make sacrifices to feed our Disney addiction, no?

And thanks for the chapter, Mike! :goodvibes:

Hey! Now I’m only one chapter behind. Woot!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pkondz

Yeah, it’s the movie. It’s not your eyes.
    No, it couldn’t be that.
    Nope.
    Definitely the movie.

Hmmm…. Okay, so maybe it is the movie.

Isn’t that odd, though? Is it a film? Not digital? If it’s digital, there shouldn’t be any degradation, should there?

Cool! How many places did you get barred from?

Ugh… Sorry to hear about your back. Both Nebo and I know just how you feel. Hopefully by now you’re back is back to normal.

<snort> Heh, heh.

That’s cool. I love how Disney does stuff like that.

Can’t wait! :goodvibes:

No. No you can’t.

4. pkondz

Well... if you must.

There! Right there! See? Because of me, you were saved from almost certain heat stroke.

Elle would love that. Hotdogs are her favorite snack food.

So that's what... around $325.00?

Did you ever get back to it?

Word of advice. If you ever see a door-nail that's alive.

Run.

Did any or all of the monsters in your pics move? Like was Boo smacking Randall?

:thumbsup2 Good pics!

Naturally.

That parade looked pretty good. The attention to detail gets me every time.

Know what the difference between 98 and 110 is?

Oh, all right. I don't think I'd be able to tell. Once it gets above 90, it's just hot.

Swimming? On a hot day? What a novel idea!

What was she wearing before? Sandals?

I guess at 95 degrees or so it's better to have coolness over walking comfort.

I absolutely believe in your psychotic abilities.

30 minutes? What kind of a shift change was that?

"So the little pedal on the right makes bus go vroom, vroom.
    Big pedal on left is stop.
    Wheel in middle makes bus turn.
    Got it?"

"No, tell me again. Which one makes bus go vroom, vroom?"

Oooh. I was wondering how a WoC fastpass worked. But you said you could line up an hour and a half early. Do you mean at your viewing spot? Or just a queue that will get you to your spot quicker?

I think our ancestors would walk up to someone who’d staked a claim and hit him over the head with a club and take it.

But nevermind, I see your point.

I can see him shaking his head and muttering, “Rookies, what were they thinking?”

Grab a beer.
    Order Pizza
    Watch a Football game or two.
    Take a nap.
    Read a book.
    Etc…

That’s just… weird. I’m not gonna knock it, cause I haven’t tried it… but… weird.

Again with the racism? What is with you and maligning the poor bag ladies?

I’m thinking that Nebo is shaking his head again. I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to mix the bottles before you go in the park. So if you do get searched, all you’ve got are Sunny D (or in this case Simply Lemonade) bottles and no alcohol.

Nice pic.

What? Cliffhanger? Sheesh, Nebo is rubbing off on you.
    Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes:

5. pkondz

I did it! I did it! I'm all caught up!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go lie down for a bit.

6. smidgy

smidgy dimples

Ponziis correct. you mix the alcohol into the sunny D' (or simply lemonade, but in that sase the word "simply" disappears) in your room. with booze from that big bottle you have in your room.

however, ponzi, you still sneak in the little bottles, so later you can add them to the soda you buy. (we often save the empty sunny D bottles, then buy one soda and split it between the 2 empty, adding our little bottles.)

sigh..nebo, they have SO much to learn.

7. pkondz

Well, yeah. We's just little. We's still learnin'!

8. smidgy

smidgy dimples

well, glad we could teach you. we all need t leave a legacy (our sons will be SO proud!)

9. cp'ersmom

cp'ersmom Mouseketeer

When you were watching the stewardesses and Minnie do their act did you notice something unusual about Minnie?

10. orangecats2

orangecats2 All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Nebo was flabbergasted when I told him I don't really drink...He said "So then why are you reading my TR?" I think he's been suspicious of me ever since.

11. Mom&RN

Mom&RN Mouseketeer

Ugh, sorry it was such a hot day! One of the benefits of DL is supposed to be that the weather is "always" beautiful there. I'm really looking forward to your WoC pictures - I've heard its a great show. Lady H - I LOVE your new hairdo, it is sooo cute and the color is great on you. Sorry T Man, another vote for the new 'do!

12. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Love that show! :lmao: (and I'm not just sayin' that to make you feel better.)

13. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Nice update, Mr and Mrs T. I can't wait to see Carsland! I think I would like to drive Route 66 out to see Disney's Route 66! :hippie: Sorry you missed dinner at GW. We love CPK followed by dessert at Cheesecake Factory. Your restroom bartending skills amaze me! :thumbsup2

14. pkondz

:rotfl:

15. nebo

nebo <font color=red>sharkbait<br><font color=teal>Uh o

Boy, how did I fall this far behind?
    Gotta see if the Ponz left me any Easter Eggs;

What? That means I am too!

16. nebo

nebo <font color=red>sharkbait<br><font color=teal>Uh o

That's right, and I've still got my eye on you.

17. pkondz

Just because a Foreigner speaks better American English then you do is no reason to be churlish.

Go ahead, look up churlish... I'll wait. :rolleyes1:

:lmao: I remember that! And on a similar vein, The Evil Dr. Yes asks a question and his four henchmen answer (the henchmen are German, Spanish, Russian and French)

Dr. Yes: You agree, yes?
    Ya!
    Si!
    Da!
    Oui!

Don't tell him! Make him look it up like I had to!

18. orangecats2

orangecats2 All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

I had a Kahula and Creme on NYE. Then later I had non-alcoholic champagne!!!

I read your TR's for the witty commentary! Seriously though you, thumper, ponzi and a couple others are all I'll read anymore, you have spoiled me!

19. pkondz

I got bad news for ya then... It'll probably be years before I get back to Disney.

You never know though, here's a true anecdote (it's too short to be a true story).

My eldest DD, Elle, goes to dance class five days a week. Luckily we live fairly close to another family who's DD also goes to the same dance studio, so we split the driving duties. Whenever I drive home from the studio I take "the long way around". It's a longer distance as the crow flies, but it's quicker with higher speeds and fewer lights. One stretch is on a highway that is used to bypass the city.
    Every time I get on that stretch of road... and I mean every single freaking time... I always think to myself, "If instead of turning right at the intersection I go one more mile to the next intersection and turn left... in thirty hours I could be in Disney World."

You doubt me? Let me tell you what I used to do about six times a year, ready?

I would wake up at 7am to get to work by 8. I would work from 8 to 4pm. Still with me? Then I'd come home, cook and eat dinner, watch some TV or read or play some video games... then go to work and work from midnight to 8am (been up for 25 hours straight by now). Still with me? Here's where it gets good. I get home shortly after 8am, grab some suitcases, hop back in the car with Ruby and then drive... no let me clarify... Ruby would sit in the passenger seat and I would drive to Winnipeg. No big deal? Well, it was a 12 hour drive. So by the time I finally got to bed, I usually would've been up for 39 - 40 hours straight.

So do you really think I wouldn't make that left turn and drive for 30 hours... to get to Disney????

There's just one problem... THE DRIVE BACK!!!

20. Thumper_Man

Thumper_Man DDC 684

I don't know if its a good thing or bad thing to be put into the same category as Nebo and Ponzi. I gotta say, I feel honored to be put into this category. Thank you for the kind words. I think.

21. Thumper_Man

Thumper_Man DDC 684

It will be about 9 months until we get back to Disney. The D to the L that is. It will be a long time until we get back to WDW ourselves, as I mentioned earlier we're going to Hawaii next year. I may have to pick your brain a little and get some info from you as to what sites you used to book your day time excursions.

Is this the same as "it's not the fall that will kill you, but the landing?" But in your case it would be "its not the drive that will kill me, but the falling asleep behind the wheel plowing into the semi truck that will." You know you could always stop at a hotel for the night and sleep. Just a thought.