Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland.

Mom&RN said:
With all the time I spend hanging around Nebo's TR I can't believe I just noticed that you two had a TR going also! So sorry I'm so late to the party. I just found your TR today so need to get caught up, I figure I have some time while you're at WDW. Hope you have a great time!

Better late than never. Glad you could make it. We only have 2 1/2 days left here. Enjoying our stay at CBR. I started writing the next chapter before we left. My only hope now is we don't get our WDW trip mixed up with our DL trip, or that we remember everything we did at DL.

Everest?

Space Mountain?

Rockin' Roller Coaster?

The Mummy?

The Hulk?

I know it's not Everest, Cuz I rode it with her.
Then she kept saying, "Dumb internet friend. Dumb internet friend." :lmao:
Shoot, I should have saved that for my own report.
Oh heck, I'll just use it again, by the time I get to that point everybody will have forgotten this anyway. :rolleyes2

Well it was a fun 2 weeks in Orlando. Sad to come home knowing that it will be a long while before we will get back to WDW again. Mostly because we have a trip planned to Hawaii with some good friends, in a couple of years. This and hoping to meet up with Nebo and Smidgy at DL next year.

Give me some time to settle in and I'll resume our DL trip report. We're half way through that report. I know I know. It's already December and we took the trip back in August. We'll get it done, I promise. Need to tell you all about Carsland.

Oh heck, I'll just use it again, by the time I get to that point everybody will have forgotten this anyway. :rolleyes2

Not everybody. D'Sis and I were sitting right behind you. Not to mention I have pictures of you on the ride.

Congrats on hitting 4000 posts... or should that be condolences? Just how much time do we spend on here anyway??? :confused3

Congrats on hitting 4000 posts... or should that be condolences? Just how much time do we spend on here anyway??? :confused3

Thanks. I knew I was getting close. Just didn't know I was there already.

And for the record, I'm only on here 8 hours a day. :rolleyes2 So I don't spend that much time on here. :p

I was going to post these while in WDW, but I was having problems getting them to work with my phone.

We had to see what you liked about them so much. For never having been to AKL, it sure was an adventure to find them. It was almost like finding hidden Mickey's. We knew they were close to Boma's, but we didn't know where in AKL Boma's was located. So at first we landed up at Kidani Village. We had to go in and ask. We were directed to the Jambo House. We get in the Jambo House and start looking for Boma's. We start walking up and down the halls and can't find it. We come across a map, study it and head off again. After 5 minutes of searching, we give up and go ask for directions again. No where did it say we had to go downstairs to find Boma's. We then head down and finally find Boma's and ask where the quick service is. They tell us that it's Mara's and we have to take a Safari tour to get there. We finally find Mara's and get these treats.

My impression of them, eh. They weren't bad, but it's not something I would go out of my way for again. If I'm in the neighborhood, or eating at Boma's I would get some; but no way am I making any more special trips just for those.

Ok, I'm getting there Heather, just read your first War and Peace installment.

It was a little long winded wasn't it?

Transformers sounds reallly great, can't wait for it in Orlando, but I dind't understand Terminator 2-D. Isn't it
Terminator 3-D in Orlando? Did they surgically remove a sense in California? Touch? Taste? Really, is it the same type of movie as in Orlando? And you took lots of great pictures that were included in your chapter, from Optimus to your Gluteus Maximus. :lmao: (that smiley shoud be lmgmo.)

:lmao: I like lmgmo...That's great! and no I did not expect him to take a picture of my GM...But it was the best picture of the board that I was trying to show everyone, so now you've seen a different side of me, that I'm sure you regret! :p

Transformers was awesome. It's one of the very few rides I can do over and over and not really get tired of. And I didn't say one dumb wife the whole time!

As for Terminator...Since we never got to see it because it broke down, it got downgraded in my mind...:upsidedow

I just read you went drinking around the world; even we have never done something that stu,,,,,silly. You should have saved doing that for monday, I recall tuesday was a go nowhere day, I can't remember where you said you'd be throwing up on Monday.

You can say it...Stupid...I know...This was our second attempt at this. The first attempt, happened a couple of years ago with some other friends. We started out really good, had a drink in Mexico, skipped China (although T-Man got a beer from China to catch up since he skipped Mexico). Got beer from Germany. Got a drink from Italy, and then doubled back to Germany. Got to America and had a beer there. Didn't get anything from Japan. Got a drink from Morocco, and as we ventured into France we found the pastry shop and got a pastry instead. At that point we were a little woozy and went back to the room.

This time, we started in Canada, after having fed ourselves completely at Le Cellier. It took pretty much all night, but we paced ourselves well, and even took a little break for a ride on Test Track and to watch the candlelight processional. But after that it was back to business. Astonishingly enough, I had only a small minor headache in the morning.

It would have made sense to save it for Monday, but Monday was our last Islands of Adventure day, and that means Roller Coasters, at least it does for D'SIL and T-Man...although, D'SIL was suffering from a hurt neck, so it wasn't much of an adventurous day.

I'm having a hard tijme getting back into the flow, serious post trippum depression has set in and it's going to take a bit to get back yup to speed, all 14 mph.
ok, back to it.

:lmao: Your good! I'm still not sure why you could only go 14 mph there...I may have to ask next time.

But I am with you on the Post trippum depression. I really didn't want to come back.

I don't think Nebo really likes anything!

Sure he does. Sunny D's and mini's, Baking in the sun, with no YJ's around, Writing TR's about his glorious trips to his magical happy place.

"Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens..."

YOu guys are both still Stephen King touched from the last book, and just want to talk about injoying that good Derry-air.

So i see it wasn't just me who caught onto the IT reference in the new book? I almost burst out laughing when i got to that part. The worst of it, was I was listening to the audio version of the book, not actually reading it, so people would have really thought I was nuts!

This was probably an inopportune time to reveal that you just cut it.

Is there ever an opportune time to reveal it?

Something I should know about Smidgy?

I don't know, I just met her. You married her...Twice!

So, they shut down the ride to guests and just kept sending around empty cars to see if the empty cars could find a wallet.
Hooookayy.

That was what it seemed like they were doing to me. The cars have the ability to spot a fallen wallet and somehow must speak telepathically to the TM's and let them know where this fallen item is. Either that, or the TM's were just buying time until they could draw straws to see who went in to actually look for the darn thing.

Ruh Roh, Houston, we have a problem. When we got on Simpsons in Orlando, I asked Smidgy if she grabbed the glasses, she tole me no, it's not a 3- D ride. My Sherlockian Holmes tells me that somebody here is WRONG!

Hmmm...The first and last time I went on the ride was a couple of years ago in Orlando, when we went with a couple of friends. I could have sworn it was 3D, but I very well could be wrong. It may just have a 3D effect, to make you seem like you are on the actual ride...Either way I didn't care for it.

Thanks for the breakdown Ponzi!
Whoops, I forget when I'm commenting on breakdowns who's sayin' what. Great story telling Lady H, nice comments Ponzi.

Yeah yeah yeah...Ponzi may have been jealous over your call to T-Man, but now the tables are turning...

Although, I honestly can say I do not mind being placed in the same category as Ponzi...At least it means I'm not putting anyone to sleep...just knocking them out enough so they don't remember who I am...:lmao:

Of course they remembered it, Disney is very good about gibving out receipts after every purchase, after a few hours, they are all over your body, in alll your pockets, fanny packs, backpacks, rago pants, shoes, cig packs,,, Disney receipts are everywhere, down to the penny ,,, you cant' HELP but remember it!

I can remember every drink I had that night, with or without the receipts...But it could also be because I updated my Facebook at every country with my drink of choice, so I would remember later. :goodvibes

With all the time I spend hanging around Nebo's TR I can't believe I just noticed that you two had a TR going also! So sorry I'm so late to the party. I just found your TR today so need to get caught up, I figure I have some time while you're at WDW. Hope you have a great time!

It's never to late to join the party. Glad you found us! I hope you enjoy what we have so far. and Thank you! We had a blast. Now it's back to the real world again...:sad2:

With all this talk of USH, I just wanted to mention that our tickets for USO arrived this morning :cheer2: 2+1 PTP passes. They'll be under the tree for the kids on Christmas morning.

Pretty sure that I am the most excited person in the house still, but hopefully the tickets will start to spur some more excitement. Move, ticker move! :moped:

_excited__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif
I'm excited for you! I had so much fun at USO/IoA...Just take it easy on the Hogs Head Brew if you haven't eaten...Learned that one the hard way...:sad1:

Everest?

Space Mountain?

Rockin' Roller Coaster?

The Mummy?

The Hulk?

All of the above! Lol...this particular instance though it was RnRC.

lmao-1.gif

Well it was a fun 2 weeks in Orlando. Sad to come home knowing that it will be a long while before we will get back to WDW again. Mostly because we have a trip planned to Hawaii with some good friends, in a couple of years. This and hoping to meet up with Nebo and Smidgy at DL next year.

I wanna go back!
smallsmileys134.gif

Give me some time to settle in and I'll resume our DL trip report. We're half way through that report. I know I know. It's already December and we took the trip back in August. We'll get it done, I promise. Need to tell you all about Carsland.

It's been a whole two days! What are you waiting for? Just kidding...I'm a walking zombie at the moment myself. Vacation is great, but the jetlag and depression after a vacation is over is the pits!

I was going to post these while in WDW, but I was having problems getting them to work with my phone.

We had to see what you liked about them so much. For never having been to AKL, it sure was an adventure to find them. It was almost like finding hidden Mickey's. We knew they were close to Boma's, but we didn't know where in AKL Boma's was located. So at first we landed up at Kidani Village. We had to go in and ask. We were directed to the Jambo House. We get in the Jambo House and start looking for Boma's. We start walking up and down the halls and can't find it. We come across a map, study it and head off again. After 5 minutes of searching, we give up and go ask for directions again. No where did it say we had to go downstairs to find Boma's. We then head down and finally find Boma's and ask where the quick service is. They tell us that it's Mara's and we have to take a Safari tour to get there. We finally find Mara's and get these treats.

My impression of them, eh. They weren't bad, but it's not something I would go out of my way for again. If I'm in the neighborhood, or eating at Boma's I would get some; but no way am I making any more special trips just for those.

I thought they were pretty good. I of course am a huge fan of chocolate mousse and that's sort of what they reminded me of, that thick, decadent rich chocolate in the center. But it was an adventure just to get to these things.

7:30 am. Alarm goes off. Yes, we actually got to sleep in a little bit today. Considering what time we got back from Universal. Plan today is to attack DCA, more importantly, Carsland. We no longer have the advantage of getting in early so no need to be at the gates that early. Little did I know I would be wrong, wrong wrong.We needed to be there at 8:30 instead of leaving the hotel at 8:30. Poor planning on my part. I’m never wrong. Except for that one time when....., and that one time when. Ok, I’m seldom right but when I’m right, watch out universe.

Our mission, if we so decide to choose it.. Park opens at 0900. That’s 9:00 am for all you civilians. No I wasn’t in the military, so I guess I would be counted as one of the civilians. However; my dad and grandpa were both in the Army, so when ever you asked them the time, they would tell it to you in military time. I got to be pretty good at it.

Oh right, our mission..

Leave the resort around 8:30 and head on over to the shuttle stop. If we don’t have to wait for the shuttle long, we should get to the park right about 8:45 or so. Line up at the gate and head straight for the Radiator Springs Racers (from here on out to be known as RSR) fast pass line. Grab a FP and then head straight to Carsland. Our scouting report from the other day showed us that Carsland tends to be crowded. Hopefully going first thing, the lines won’t be as bad. You all remember the picture right. 150 minute wait for RSR. This was our mission and your computer will self destruct in 5, 4, 3, 2, abort abort. I’m not done telling you about DCA yet.

I stroll over to the kitchen to get Lady H and I some coffee. This time I got the time and timer on the coffee pot set up correctly, and coffee was actually ready by the time we got up. We go through our normal morning routine, grab our stuff and head out the door. We still need to stop by the front lobby to buy a new shuttle pass for the day. They sell multi-day passes, but since we wouldn’t be going to Disney each day, it was cheaper for us to buy the single day tickets.

8:35 and we’re making our way to the shuttle stop. Not too bad. It usually takes Lady H and I about 5 minutes at the most to get from our resort to the shuttle stop. Not today. Today we made it in outstanding 2-minutes. As we start our walk and walk towards the street corner, guess what passes by? Yup our shuttle. If we miss this one, we’ll have to wait about 20-minutes for the next one to show up. We take off running the 25 yard dash and make there in a whopping 10 seconds. “Run, Thumpers, Run.” Ok. That is actually pretty slow for 25 yards, the point is we had to run to catch the shuttle. Good thing there was a decent group of people waiting to get on the shuttle, as this allowed us a few extra seconds to make it and catch our breath. Which reminds I need to start exercising more. Once we get to the shuttle door, we realized, it wasn’t our shuttle. It was the city bus. Well at least we made it on time. About 3 minutes later, our shuttle does show up.

This time when we get on, it’s standing room only. Did I put deodorant on this morning? It’s already pretty warm this morning and after that brief run, I’m already starting to perspire. I recall what I did this morning and yup, I put deodorant. Everyone’s noses will be safe today. I can now safely grab the rail above my head to hang on. This time we didn’t have the comedian, but a driver that isn’t aware of what time the last shuttle is supposed to leave. Both DL and DCA close at 10 tonight, which means the last shuttle should leave at 10:30. The driver tells us the hours of the parks and says the last shuttle will leave at 9:30. Sounds like tonight is going to be another race to the shuttle night. I’ll be getting my exercise today. Hopefully I can lose about 20 pounds in the process. A man can dream can’t he. One man had a dream, and he built the place we all love to visit.

So far we’re making good time until we hit check-point Charlie. Getting through security was a breeze the other morning. Not a lot of people in line at 8 in the morning. Now at 8:45, both lines were extremely long. Now the main problem with security, I don’t remember if I mentioned it or not, is that they DO NOT have a separate entrance for non-bag people. Everyone has to wait in the same line. Sure you are waved right through if you don’t have a bag, once you get to the front of the line; but you have to wait in the line to get there. Being we both have a bag, we were doomed to wait.

After we pass inspection, we head over to DCA. It’s 9 exactly and people are already being let into the park. Each line is about 8-10 people deep, but they are moving pretty quickly. We present our boarding passes to the CM and she lets us enter. Time to put the rest of our plan in motion. One thing we also like to do is rent a locker. Every trip we’ve taken, we’ve stayed off-site; so we will bring what we will need with us for the day and stash it in the locker. We each have a small waist pack and carry only what we will need at the time. Usually our phone, ID (just in case the bartender wants to be nice and card me today), credit card and cash. We have our lanyards with our tickets and will also use them to put our FP’s in.

At this point in time we bypass the lockers. We go to grab a map, but they are already out of the English ones. We agree to look for one later and head straight for the FP line for RSR. We’ll come back for a locker after we get a FP. No time to waste. We can tell everyone is headed in the direction we want to go. Another thing we also learned is that the FP location for RSR is not actually by RSR. Where most would expect it to be. The FP location is close to the Bugs Land entrance.

Here’s a picture of the map. I indicated where the FP machine is. Keep in mind where it is.

As we make make our way up Buena Vista Street, we get to Carthay Circle and come to complete stop. I tell Lady H, “Surely that can’t be the line for Radiator Spring Racers Fastpasses? WOW!” Now this is not an exaggeration. There must have been about 300+ people waiting in line. For Fastpasses. The line started where I indicated on the map and was more or less ending by Disney Junior and were still lining up.

Here’s another edited version of the map showing how the line was going.

Time to revise the plan and come up with a new plan. No telling what time they started giving out FP’s and if we wait in line, would we actually get one? Or do we run the risk of them running out before we get to the front of the line?

We both agree it’s about a 30-40 minute wait for FP’s. We have 2 choices. A: We can wait in the FP line and hope we get one, or B: head straight to RSR and spend the time waiting in the stand-by line. Either way, we’re going to have to wait if we want to ride RSR. The way we figure it, we’ll wait 30 minutes to get a FP, then we’ll have to wait 30 minutes in the FP line once we actually get in line at the ride itself. So either, way we’re going to wait an hour. We go with plan B. Might as well spend the time waiting in line now. We know later it will be really crazy. Especially if the wait is like it was the other day.

We head straight for RSR and notice the wait time already says 80 minutes.

As the King once sang, it’s now or never. We enter the stand-by line and take out our cameras. Might as well take some pics to help pass the time.

A half hour goes by and it’s already getting hot. Look at the temp on my phone and it’s already 90 degrees. At 10 in the morning. Lady H has to break out her fan.

I sure as heck don't want to be near Stanley.

Good thing we brought our backpacks with us. Each of us has a couple of bottles of water that we froze. Poor things, sitting in the freezer just so they can melt to keep us cool. They’re thawing out fast so we down them in no time.

As we’re going through the queue, we came upon this sign.

I thought if we stay in this line any longer, I’m going to start melting right where I stand.

Few more pics of the queue.

45 minutes, later and we make it to front of the line.

Not bad considering the wait was posted as being 80 minutes. Time for us to take a cruise. We get in the car and I struggle to put my seatbelt on, because my foot is tangled in my bag. In the process I drop my camera and can’t seem to find it. I tell Lady H I just had it because I just took a pics of the cars. And we’re off. Oh well. Looks like I get to enjoy the scenery. I’ll have to find it once we get off the ride.

Here’s the moment Nebo has been waiting for. How does RSR compare to it’s WDW counterpart Test Track? Well my friend, I hate to disappoint you, but I’m not going to compare this one. I will tell you its just like riding Test Track with a completely different theme. I’m sure most of us have taken a ride on TT. If not, tough. You’re just going to have to take my word for it. For now, I’m just going to tell you about RSR. Sorry, didn't mean to sound hostile.

After searching for my camera and unable to find it because the seatbelt is already locked into place, we take a nice little cruise by the mountains before entering the bat cave. Sorry, wrong theme. I guess it’s more of a tunnel we enter. In this tunnel we almost get plowed by Mac. We’re bobbing and weaving trying to avoid traffic. We must’ve been going kinda fast because the sheriff pops out from behind the sign telling us “slow down, you’re not racing yet.” Well my heart is still racing from almost getting plowed by a semi. I thought for sure we were going to land up as his hood ornament. So the sheriff calls good ole Mater over and we do a little tractor tipping with him. We were having fun until Big Red started chasing after us with his plowing blades. We hit the gas and hightail it out of there. At the rate we’re going, we might not make it to the race. This race car is a rental and I don’t think my insurance will cover any damages. Heaven knows what Disney will charge us if we wreck this thing.

Soon we meet up with Lightning McQueen and the rest of the cars. Ramone gives our car a new paint job for the race. I was actually hoping for a faster engine. I want to win this race. After our paint job, we get some last minute advice from Doc Hudson and prepare to race.

We pull up next to another car, Luigi waves the flag and off we go. Each car takes off at the same time and we take the lead as we come into the first turn. Coming out of the turn and over the bridge we lose our lead and the other car is now ahead of us. Coming into the final turn we take the inside lane to make up ground and pull even. Out of the final turn we hit the gas going down the final stretch. We cross the finish line and…................................. …..................................................................................................................................................

Whoo Hoo. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy. Our first race and we’re 1 & 0 baby. We pulled out the victory on the final straight away. I think I’ll retire from racing and go out a champion.

After pulling back into the pit and receiving the Piston Cup (well ok we didn’t really receive the cup, would’ve been nice though), we head back down the street over to Luigi’s Tires. 45 minute wait. Not interested in waiting that long in this heat. It’s starting to get really hot outside now. I thought the average temps were in the mid 80’s. Not on this day. I have a weather app on my phone and it states it’s already 93. Being the troopers we are, we proceed on. We make a pit stop, inside Ramone’s, one of the gift shops at CL. After Ramone’s we mozy, yes we know how to mozy and stroll, to the Cozy Cone Motel.

See what kind of snacks and beverages they sell. There are 5 different cones and each cone sells a specific snack.

Cone 1 - Churros. Cone 2 - Ice Cream Cones. Cone 3 - Cone Queso (chili con queso I’m guessing). Cone 4 - Cone-coctions (which might have been drinks). Cone 5 - Popcone (no these are not typos, that’s the name on the cones). We thought about getting an ice-cream, but of course this was the one line that was the longest, so we just skipped the Cozy Cone Motel. Next we went into Sarge’s Surplus Hut. Your basic Disney shop selling Disney merchandise. Mostly Cars merchandise. It was pretty crowded so we just decided to see the rest of the park. We’ll come back later in the evening. We heard it’s something not to be missed at night. Speaking of night, we got to meet a real Knight. Sir Tow Mater.

And with this, I will say goodnight for soon it be morrow.

carsland looks really cool! we were able to walk over to Art of ANimation whenwe stayed at pop, and they have the big cars there, too (mater, luigi, etc. and a cozy cone pool.. it's supposed to look really cool at night, too, but we didnt' walk over to see it . storm was coming in and we thoought we'd save it for when we stay there is april.

it's weird now seeing heather with the long hair.. doesn't look like her. I love the short, reddish hair.. hmm, maybe I should cut mine....

A half hour goes by and its already getting hot. Look at the temp on my phone and its already 90 degrees. At 10 in the morning. Lady H has to break out her fan.

Nice pic of Lady H. :thumbsup2

I'm so jealous of you two, getting to hit DL and WDW in the same year. Although it sounds like you won't be coming back to either for a while. I'm glad you had so much fun.

Nice pic of Lady H. :thumbsup2

It is, isn't it. Although her hair is no longer that color and that long. :(

I'm so jealous of you two, getting to hit DL and WDW in the same year. Although it sounds like you won't be coming back to either for a while. I'm glad you had so much fun.

We had already planned on going to WDW this year, but DL was a last minute decision. We were going to take our usual Vegas Vacation. When we did the math, we figured it would cost us just as much to go to DL as it would Vegas. So as an anniversary gift to ourselves, we decided to go to DL.

I mentioned to Nebo and Smidgy it would be fun to meet up with them at DL. Just give me some dates and we can meet them out there. I would be happy to drive us to Universal Studios and to Magic Mountain. I'm just waiting for them to let me know if they really want us to go or not. If not, then we may try to go anyways. It's a lot cheaper for us to go to DL as it is WDW.

carsland looks really cool! we were able to walk over to Art of ANimation whenwe stayed at pop, and they have the big scars there, too (mater, luigi, etc. and a cozy cone pool.. it's supposed to look really cool at night, too, but we didnt' walk over to see it . storm was coming in and we thoought we'd save it for when we stay there is april.

You're going to love Carsland. Hope we get to meet up with you and Nebo out there.

it's weird now seeing heather with the long hair.. doesn't look like her. I love the short, reddish hair.. hmm, maybe I should cut mine....

I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that Ariel is my favorite princess. :rotfl: Although Ariel has long hair. :confused3

It is a safari to find things there. :rotfl2: ITA about the zebra domes. They look way better than they taste, IMHO.

we would love to meet up with you guys! just haven't figured out the dates. sept. would be cheaper, and no worries about parks being closed with halloween parties like in oct. but maybe they have the parties in sept too? but we have 2 grandkids birthdays in sept. nov. gets too cold,. we'll have to talk.. maybe sneak in a trip between the 2 birthdays.. not sure just yet.

Looks like they moved the RSR FP location. It used to be in the building right by the entrance to the ride. Glad you got to ride it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter