• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those using swagbucks ???

Oh looks like Family Dollar has the ZTE Whirl 2s on sale again for $10! At first I didn't like my Whirl but it has been playing the Swag apps pretty constant. I'm going to switch it over to the Perk this weekend to see how it runs. I will be picking a few more of these up. But I do love my LG Optimus Fuels so much!

So are you making enought to justify all these phones? I make $50 easily every month with one phone. I don't do perk too often as I think it is really slow to accumulate points. For me to buy a $10 phone..even though it's cheap...would mean it would take $10 off my profits. I guess if you make more than $10 a month on perk then it might be worth it?

So are you making enought to justify all these phones? I make $50 easily every month with one phone. I don't do perk too often as I think it is really slow to accumulate points. For me to buy a $10 phone..even though it's cheap...would mean it would take $10 off my profits. I guess if you make more than $10 a month on perk then it might be worth it?

I make much more than $10 a month on perk.

All those phones I bought are now paid for in a month in a half. The rest is just gravy now.

So to buy a 10 dollar phone would kill your profits even though it would add to your points? After a month you would be ahead of the profits and it would cost nothing after that!?! Umm ok. I'm making a hell of alot more than you per month with these phones and they are paid off now. So everything I make is free and clear.

Also Perk is much more passive than anything that Swagbucks does. So its great that you have to interact with Swagbucks alot, Perk means I don't have to start much but let it run on passive mode and still get the cards. Thats much more important to me. If i was home every night, I'd be doing much more on Perk. But for now anything that Perk gives me is just a plus.

And this is from someone who isn't home most of the day. If I was home alot more, I'd be tripling this amount.

If running one phone is your thing good...I'm glad many of us are taking advantage of these programs....and hope it helps for your trip(s)! But there are ways to get much more if you put a little effort into this!

Last edited:
I make much more than $10 a month on perk.

All those phones I bought are now paid for in a month in a half. The rest is just gravy now.

Right but you have only been at this for 1 1/2 months right? How many phones are you currently using?

So to buy a 10 dollar phone would kill your profits even though it would add to your points? After a month you would be ahead of the profits and it would cost nothing after that!?! Umm ok. I'm making a hell of alot more than you per month with these phones and they are paid off now. So everything I make is free and clear.

Also Perk is much more passive than anything that Swagbucks does. So its great that you have to interact with Swagbucks alot, Perk means I don't have to start much but let it run on passive mode and still get the cards. Thats much more important to me. If i was home every night, I'd be doing much more on Perk. But for now anything that Perk gives me is just a plus.

And this is from someone who isn't home most of the day. If I was home alot more, I'd be tripling this amount.

No need to get nasty..I said I EASILY make 50 a month. I make 100 a lot of months.
The thing I don't like about perk is you constantly have to watch to see if it has stalled asking you if you are still watching. I guess for me it's not worth babysitting several phones. One or 2 is enough for me.

I'm using a mix of Perktv and PerkTV Live and Swag...you stated that I wasn't justified making the points that I did with the phones I bought....
So for a month and a half...I haven't shown you the other awards just in that time frame....so 8 x 10= 80 bucks..I'm way ahead and these phones paid for themselves and they are still going.

Last edited:
No need to get nasty..I said I EASILY make 50 a month. I make 100 a lot of months.
The thing I don't like about perk is you constantly have to watch to see if it has stalled asking you if you are still watching. I guess for me it's not worth babysitting several phones. One or 2 is enough for me.

Hardly nasty but I doubt you spend less time working Swag than Perk. You have to WORK to get Swagbucks...which I do also. And Perk I don't baby sit constantly. They run pretty much 2 hours then I reset them. If I'm off to work who cares....I reset when I get home and when I go to work. That's much easier then being rejected non stop by Swagbucks. If I was home all day, I'd do Swag too....I like both programs but one is passive(Perk) and one requires much more activity (Swag). Unfortunately I can't be home all day or I'd be tripling the amount of money I make.

Hardly nasty but I doubt you spend less time working Swag than Perk. You have to WORK to get Swagbucks...which I do also. And Perk I don't baby sit constantly. They run pretty much 2 hours then I reset them. If I'm off to work who cares....I reset when I get home and when I go to work. That's much easier then being rejected non stop by Swagbucks. If I was home all day, I'd do Swag too....I like both programs but one is passive(Perk) and one requires much more activity (Swag). Unfortunately I can't be home all day or I'd be tripling the amount of money I make.

Again...no need to get nasty. you are awfully defensive. I just asked if it was justified to have so many phones. You are taking it WAY to personally. I am just asking what others were thinking. I work 10 hour days on some days...so yes I work too. I find Swag extremely easy though. That's just me. Everyone has their own opinion.
If it works for you then great!

Again...no need to get nasty. you are awfully defensive. I just asked if it was justified to have so many phones. You are taking it WAY to personally. I am just asking what others were thinking. I work 10 hour days on some days...so yes I work too. I find Swag extremely easy though. That's just me. Everyone has their own opinion.
If it works for you then great!

I'll let those that want to do this judge which is best for them.

The Survey Soiree goes until tonight, right? Anyone else trying to get those last few surveys in, like me? I'm at 17.

I am leery of giving so much personal information to do the Partner Surveys. :/

!
I tried Perk for about a week and gave up bc I found that after about an hour it stopped running "passively" and a message popped up "Are you still there?" I'd have to click yes to continue. Do you get the same thing or is there a box I can check or some other trick to have it run by itself as it seems to do for you? Any other tips on using Perk would be appreciated. I'm going to invest in 2 Optimus Fuel phones tomorrow!

Has anyone ever used a Visa gift card from Swagbucks to order a gift card directly from the disney store?
I tried Perk for about a week and gave up bc I found that after about an hour it stopped running "passively" and a message popped up "Are you still there?" I'd have to click yes to continue. Do you get the same thing or is there a box I can check or some other trick to have it run by itself as it seems to do for you? Any other tips on using Perk would be appreciated. I'm going to invest in 2 Optimus Fuel phones tomorrow!

So it is every 2 hours that the message will pop up. I think that was added way before I started using Perk. I think it was just an added protection against people who were "cheating". So there is no magical way to keep it running non stop. But even at 2 hours, when I walk by I hit it. Also when you hit the thumb up or down after a video it basically resets the counter so if you happen to be going by at that moment I usually hit them for that reason.

I think I clicked on at least 30 surveys today and couldn't get any! At least I got enough done for the 400SB rebate. I'm not even sure I will hit my goal today and it's kinda low. :(

So it is every 2 hours that the message will pop up. I think that was added way before I started using Perk. I think it was just an added protection against people who were "cheating". So there is no magical way to keep it running non stop. But even at 2 hours, when I walk by I hit it. Also when you hit the thumb up or down after a video it basically resets the counter so if you happen to be going by at that moment I usually hit them for that reason.
OK thanks for the tips! Previously, I only ran Perk on my one iPad after my swag apps were maxed. So not many hours. How much might I expect to make in a month if say, I have one phone running Perk all day?

Left Sportly running on my iPad when I went to bed last night bc I qualified for the bonus. It apparently ran smoothly all night. I collected 22 more SB toward yesterday's total and woke up to 20 SB credited toward todays total! First time thats ever happened! Usually it gets hung up on some ad and closes down.

OMG!!!!!
nCrave is driving me insane today!
All the videos play in "Discovery Mode" but DO NOT CREDIT!!
Is anyone else having same issues? or do I need to call stinkin Comcast (my"BLAST!" internet stinks!!!- DS's complain about lag and dropped connections all the time while they are gaming. They r at work now so, it's not that they are on right now.)

Heads up! There's another Swag Team Challenge! Sign up for the Swag Racer Challenge. Here are the details:
All members who participate and contribute at least 200 points to their team's total will receive an exclusive Swag Up valued at a 50 SB rebate on their next Gift Card Purchase. But that's not all… Each team, depending on which place you come will also receive a bonus! 1st place: 25 SB 2nd place: 20 SB 3rd place: 15 SB 4th place: 10 SB. All bonuses will be paid by 2pm PDT on September 4th, 2015.
More info is available on the Swag Blog and Facebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter