• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This time our son is coming too! Final update at last!

The pics are great! What a beautiful castle shot.

The balloon one makes me smile! :)

**I forgot to mention, I thought taking a pic of Declan was very smart. You never know what can happen. Glad you never had to use them! :thumbsup2

Loving the pictures of the castle. You'll have to check out my blog sometime. My header picture is one I took of the castle on our last trip. Declan looks so cute in the stocks! Looking forward to more!

That is a great caastle picture! oNe of the best I have seen. :thumbsup2

Those pictures are great....what kind of camera were you using?

For those pictures, I am using an Olympus SP-310. Pooksma gave it to me a couple of years ago for Christmas.

The pics are great! What a beautiful castle shot.

The balloon one makes me smile! :)

**I forgot to mention, I thought taking a pic of Declan was very smart. You never know what can happen. Glad you never had to use them! :thumbsup2

I love all the balloon pictures. I don't know why, I just think they are cool.

Great pictures, I love the castle and the balloon pictures.

You can never get tired of taking pictures of the castle.

My favorite too! (mary poppins)

You need to talk to Pooksma. She has waited 4 trips to get to meet her.

Loving the pictures.
More, more, more!:dance3:

The rest of day two will be up soon, I promise. There isn't many pictures from the rest of the day but there is a couple of videos I'm trying to get uploaded.

Ok, this is my second try at this post. I accidentally closed the tab halfway through the last try.:thumbsup2

When we last left you, it was mid-afternoon and we decided to head back to POFQ. After a 15 minute wait for the bus (one of our longest) and a 10 minute ride, we were being told "Welcome Home" by that mysterious voice.

We all decided to have a quick swim and a short rest before the dinner hour. We supped at the food court (good food but not many choices) and headed back to MK around 7 pm to watch Spectro and Wishes.

On the way in, we ran into this pair of characters:

DeclanandtheMunks.jpg

Chip was very happy to see Declan had the Chip Pirate pin on his lanyard but no Dale pin. While Chip danced for joy, Dale pouted. Declan assured him he was on a mission to find it.

We walked through Tomorrowland to check on wait times. They were all in the 30 to 40 minute range so we decided to find a spot for Spectro instead. Main Street had been fairly busy on the way through so we headed for Frontierland and found great spots in front of the Diamond Horseshoe.

On the way over I took a couple of pics; you know something I never do. :goodvibes

Part of the Castle

Morepink.jpg

Some Wild Animal

CagedAnimal.jpg

We had about a 45 minute wait, so we needed some snacks to keep everyone happy. Declan made himself comfortable in the Newbies' stroller.

WaitingforSpectro.jpg

Ariel wasn't happy about it. ;)

Whatarewewaitingfor.jpg

Actually they both sat in it for a bit. After that he just got goofy.

goofball.jpg
v

Goofwithhorns.jpg

That is all the pictures I have for the rest of the night.:scared1: Before you go all crazy, I have video of the rest of the evening (links below). After Spectro, we followed the herd to the front of the Castle for Wishes and then beat it for the exit before the second Spectro of the night. We made it back to the resort in no time. All in all, it was a very full first real day and we were all tuckered out.

Next up: DHS

Links for videos:

Spectro Part 1

Spectro Part 2

Wishes

It looks like you had a great ending to a wonderful first day. The pictures of Declan acting goofy put a smile on my face. Did he fine the Dale pirate? I look forward to day two.

Once again, very great pictures. My favorite, Declan with Chip and Dale! I'll have to wait til later to see the videos.

It looks like you had a great ending to a wonderful first day. The pictures of Declan acting goofy put a smile on my face. Did he fine the Dale pirate? I look forward to day two.

It was a fun day. A long one but it didn't seem that way.

As for the pin, that we'll answer later. ;)

Once again, very great pictures. My favorite, Declan with Chip and Dale! I'll have to wait til later to see the videos.

For Specro, I used a tripod but Wishes was hand-held. You can tell by my moving around so much.

Sounds like a wonderful day. Love the picture of Declan with Chip and Dale!

They were a riot. It was really fun to watch the interaction between them over the pin.

I think that is the first picture that I have seen that has Bert with Mary Poppins. Cool! :thumbsup2

Denise

Glad I could show you something new. :goodvibes

I realize he is sitting in a stroller here, but he looks so grown in this picture!

My favorite Martian! :)

Good pictures, and thanks for the videos! :dance3:

It's fun to watch all these kids grow up over the Internet. Now if we could just get together in person!

Afternoon to everyone. Last night, Pooksma told me that I needed to start another update so here I go. I love teaching projected-based course! Gives me time to update our trip report. :goodvibes

August 11th - Heading to the Studios

We were out the door just before 9 am. The Newbies weren't ready yet so they said they would meet us later. Amateurs!

At the bus stop we waited maybe 10 minutes and a Disney Cruise Line pulled up, door opened and the driver said "Anyone want to go to Disney Studios?" Woohoo, we're traveling in style now. This was a first for us, as we have never been on a cruise nor used Magical Express. It was cool to have those old cartoons playing during our short drive to the park.

We arrived shortly after 9 (not long after opening) and I made the FP walk to TSM because we had never been on this ride before ;);) and pooksma and Declan said they would meet me at RnRC.

I had a bit of a wait for the FPs but I really like the new way of lining up compared to last year. I found the end of the line near here:

A1OneMansDream.jpg

To put in the time, I took more pictures of the area.

A2WaltandMickey.jpg

A4SignPost.jpg

A5PixarStudiosSign.jpg

A6Soldiers.jpg

When I neared the FP machines, this was the return time:

A7justafter9.jpg

We ended up with a 12 noon return time.

As I headed back to meet up with my Peeps, I decided it would be a good time for some more pictures.

A8TofTfromcourtyard.jpg

B0fromSunsetAve.jpg

B1RnR.jpg

Continued in the next post.

Looking for pooksma and Declan, I heard my name. They were just around the corner from the entrance to the ride and were telling me tomake my way up. The wait time was about 30 minutes so I went in the single riders line instead. I thought I might be able to catch up to them this way. They went in as I was waiting at the head of the single rider line. Well about 40 minutes later, I was loaded into a limo for my ride. My opinion of the single rider line - it bites!

Next up was a ride on Star Tours. Pics taken during the walk

B2Limo.jpg

We'll be back here shortly

B3BandBTheatre.jpg

This one was taken for the Newbies. They were amazed at the size of these things.

B4FamousLegs.jpg

B5Taxi.jpg

B6Thehat.jpg

We stopped at the Hat to check out some pins. Declan didn't find the Dale Pirate pin and we didn't buy this one but I thought it would be a cool picture.

C02009pin.jpg

And this guy did run by

B91happychipmunk.jpg

I will have to continue this later. I have to do SOME work this afternoon.

Nice update so far! I can't wait to ride TSMM again in just a few weeks....we got the video game yesterday and it's fun....its just not the same...lol..

As far as the turkey legs go, I would like to see the bird that those come off of...they must be huge!

Your pictures were a nice way to end my day. I can go to bed happy now!
It's time for this tired old teacher to call it a night.

Nice update so far! I can't wait to ride TSMM again in just a few weeks....we got the video game yesterday and it's fun....its just not the same...lol..

As far as the turkey legs go, I would like to see the bird that those come off of...they must be huge!

I wouldn't want to run into a bunch of those turkeys. It would be scary.

Wow, what a wait for the single-rider line! So what time did the newbies make it to the park?

Denise

That was the first time I have ever used a single rider line. I think if I ever go by myself, I would still go through the standby line.

I think they made around 11. They were brave that morning and ventured out on their own. :rotfl2:

Your pictures were a nice way to end my day. I can go to bed happy now!
It's time for this tired old teacher to call it a night.

Teacher - yes
Tired - quite possibly
Old - never

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter