"This Isn't Disneyworld. . .It's Rainworld!!" our trip to WDW May 16-23, 2009

Great update! I'm sorry you had to deal with rain but it looks like you still have a wonderful day! I'll have to try Hollywood and Vine - did you guys like it? That's on my short (er, long) list of places to try in December. :goodvibes

Great job so far! And MK and CRT.....sigh.....be still my heart! :lovestruc

im in.. the pics are so great i love them. cant wait to read more

Great 1st day in the parks....glad the rain only spoiled one thing...even though it was a major thing!

But hey you know you are coming back!

Love all the pictures, I havn't seen the B& B show in a long time, so that a sweet treat for me.

The girls look great in their tink dresses. Glad the HSM stars did a meet and greet...they didn't on our trip, when the show was canceled due to rain :confused3

How fun to be the "family of the show" at PHDL...and I've never seen the girl performer.

looking forward to more.

Great update my children are loving your pictures. I have to ask you where did you get a minnie mouse harness I have a bear one for my son but he would love a mickey mouse one. Also people are so stupid about the harness comment if you didn't have one you would have a pretty good chance of losing your daughter.

Great update! we did the same thing with "Fantasmic" a week after. Luckily, our older three caught the show...but, more of that in my TR.
How lucky that ya'll were family of the show!!!

Aw Ally looks like she's having so much fun with the characters! Haha, love her Sharpay glasses! :cool2:

I'm glad you liked H & V! I've heard some bad reviews on the place.

What a great day at HS you had :goodvibes . I love the girls matching dresses so cute. Your pictures are great. I love the Block party ones and Thomas enjoyed the Jedi training ones. Hopefully next year it won't rain everyday and he gets to do that. Sorry about the jerk that made the comment about your harness. Obviously he has no kids and he has no business making a rude comment either. If I had a little one that would take I would certainly use a harness to keep them safe. So :cool1: that the CM at Playhouse Disney pick you and your friends to be family of the show. Sorry you missed fantasmic, honestly of all the nightime shows it's my least favorite. But hopefully next time you can see it ;).

So far, despite the rainy periods, it sounds like you guys had a great trip!

And phooey on the guy who made the comment about the leash. Heck, phooey on anyone who makes a comment like that. It's your decision and not theirs. Personally, I think they're a lifesaver when the little one wants to get out of the stroller or out of mom and dad's arms to be independant and walk or run around for a bit.

Great updates Becky! I'm away for 2 days and I miss 5 pages!! WOW!

(Went to the Women of Faith conference here in Rochester....I think Sandi Patty mentioned she was from Anderson. Didn't one of your readers say they were from there?? Sounded familiar when she said it! LOL! :) )

I just have to say I LOVE Ally's shades! Totally GLAM!!!! :cool2:

How cool to be the special family for the PD show. My kids are too old for PD so we have never seen that one. Looks cute!

Can't wait to see and hear more! popcorn::

Well it sounds like you made the best of the rain situation. Cute dresses. We had similar ones that will pop up in my TR.;)

What a long fun filled day at DHS! I am super impressed you lasted all day without a break, especially in the rain.

The girls are once again darling!

Thank you! Yes, they did pretty well. A few meltdowns here and there (especially Claire). But Claire was able to sleep in the stroller and Ally just goes and goes. Ally cut out naps awhile ago.

I was also anti-leash before children. Now, I think they are great. My daughter loves wearing a monkey on her back. Where did you find the Minnie one?

Great update! I love the Tink dresses and am amazed at how well your daughters did all day in the park.:)

Thank you Soleil! They are great! I was also anti-leash before I had kids but I would NEVER make a comment in front of anyone--you know?! We found the Minnie harness at http://www.securebaby.com/sb53906-9.html.

Great update! The girls look adorable. How cool that you guys were the special family at Playhouse Disney. Can't wait for more!

Thanks Michelle!! It was VERY cool! Some of that Disney Magic our very first day in the parks!!

I couldn't help but notice you had a sit and stand stroller... Did that work well with your girls? we are going at the end of September with a 4 year old and a 1 year old and can't decide what kind of stroller to bring.

It did work very well. It was easy to push around and carried everything we needed around the park. I bought these Mommy Hooks from Babies 'R Us that I clipped to the stroller and was able to carry even more! The only negative was that 3 nights during our trip Ally was falling asleep in the stroller and she couldn't lay back and sleep comfortably. Brent ended up having to carry her which was difficult b/c she weighes around 50 lbs!

popcorn:: joining in on the fun!! popcorn::

Hi and welcome to my TR!!

Great update! I'm sorry you had to deal with rain but it looks like you still have a wonderful day! I'll have to try Hollywood and Vine - did you guys like it? That's on my short (er, long) list of places to try in December. :goodvibes

Great job so far! And MK and CRT.....sigh.....be still my heart! :lovestruc

Hi Katie!! Thanks! We really did like H&V. There was a big selection of food! It did not disappoint!

im in.. the pics are so great i love them. cant wait to read more

Hi and welcome to my TR, Chrissie!! Glad you're here!! Thank you!

Great 1st day in the parks....glad the rain only spoiled one thing...even though it was a major thing!

But hey you know you are coming back!

Love all the pictures, I havn't seen the B& B show in a long time, so that a sweet treat for me.

The girls look great in their tink dresses. Glad the HSM stars did a meet and greet...they didn't on our trip, when the show was canceled due to rain :confused3

How fun to be the "family of the show" at PHDL...and I've never seen the girl performer.

looking forward to more.

Exactly!! We'll be coming back for sure! I kept telling Brent throughout our trip that "Next time we'll have to do ________". I have a list!! Thank you! Yes, Ally was excited to get to meet the HSM cast! It was nice that they did SOMETHING for the kids that were there to see the show.

Great update my children are loving your pictures. I have to ask you where did you get a minnie mouse harness I have a bear one for my son but he would love a mickey mouse one. Also people are so stupid about the harness comment if you didn't have one you would have a pretty good chance of losing your daughter.

Aww! Thanks! I'm so glad your kids are enjoying the pictures!! I got the Minnie Mouse harness here: http://www.securebaby.com/sb53906-9.html. Exactly!! I would much rather have my daughter SAFE!

Great update! we did the same thing with "Fantasmic" a week after. Luckily, our older three caught the show...but, more of that in my TR.
How lucky that ya'll were family of the show!!!

Thank you! Yeah--it stinks when you end up waiting that long and don't even get to see the show! Oh well--next time! :)

Aw Ally looks like she's having so much fun with the characters! Haha, love her Sharpay glasses! :cool2:

I'm glad you liked H & V! I've heard some bad reviews on the place.

Thank you! Ally was ALL about meeting the characters on this trip! She almost filled up TWO autograph books!!

What a great day at HS you had :goodvibes . I love the girls matching dresses so cute. Your pictures are great. I love the Block party ones and Thomas enjoyed the Jedi training ones. Hopefully next year it won't rain everyday and he gets to do that. Sorry about the jerk that made the comment about your harness. Obviously he has no kids and he has no business making a rude comment either. If I had a little one that would take I would certainly use a harness to keep them safe. So :cool1: that the CM at Playhouse Disney pick you and your friends to be family of the show. Sorry you missed fantasmic, honestly of all the nightime shows it's my least favorite. But hopefully next time you can see it ;).

Thanks Nichole! Glad Thomas liked the Jedi pics! Yeah--that guy obviously didn't know what he was saying! Yes--Fantasmic is definitely on our list for next time!!

So far, despite the rainy periods, it sounds like you guys had a great trip!

And phooey on the guy who made the comment about the leash. Heck, phooey on anyone who makes a comment like that. It's your decision and not theirs. Personally, I think they're a lifesaver when the little one wants to get out of the stroller or out of mom and dad's arms to be independant and walk or run around for a bit.

Yes, we did have a great trip despite the rain! Exactly--my kid and my peace of mind for her safety!! Yes, and Claire is definitely my independent one! She wants to do everything her older sister does!!

Great updates Becky! I'm away for 2 days and I miss 5 pages!! WOW!

(Went to the Women of Faith conference here in Rochester....I think Sandi Patty mentioned she was from Anderson. Didn't one of your readers say they were from there?? Sounded familiar when she said it! LOL! :) )

I just have to say I LOVE Ally's shades! Totally GLAM!!!! :cool2:

How cool to be the special family for the PD show. My kids are too old for PD so we have never seen that one. Looks cute!

Can't wait to see and hear more! popcorn::

Hee hee!! Yes, I'm moving fairly quickly--sorry Missy!! :) Oooh--how was the conference?! Sandi Patty went to college in Anderson, IN (originally from Oklahoma) and then Bill Gaither discovered her and she started singing/touring with The Gaithers. Yes, one of my readers is from Anderson!

I was there May 15-22. I feel your pain....

So you know exactly what we experienced, huh?! Sorry--I hope you still had a magical trip!!

Well it sounds like you made the best of the rain situation. Cute dresses. We had similar ones that will pop up in my TR.;)

We did make the best of it! Thank you! Oooh--can't wait to see pics of your girl's dresses!!

Just wanted to chime in on the safety harness. After reading your PTR, I discussed it with my husband and we are getting a Minnie one for our daughter. I just don't think people get it until they have children. Emmie is just so darn fast and independent it just makes sense not to take the risk of her taking off or tripping someone when she takes off. Thanks for posting the link for them. Love the Tink dresses! :)

Saying this loud and proud;)-

I am totally letting my two year old pick out a new leash!

Count me in as another harness-loving mama! Anyone who would make a comment like that clearly does not have kids. What a jerk! Until you've had a toddler you have no idea how fast and reckless they are. I turned my attention at my ODS's t-ball game yesterday for 20 seconds and my YDS was halfway down the field being carried back by a stranger. It happens in an instant, and you do what you have to to feel safe. I want to get a Mickey one, but I worried it would be too hot in September. What did you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter