• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"This Isn't Disneyworld. . .It's Rainworld!!" our trip to WDW May 16-23, 2009

I have some good news!! (for those of you on Facebook and that have seen my status update, you already know) Well, after talking to Brent--it seems that he loved Disney as much as I did!! So, we've decided that we're going again next year!! Whoo hoo!! I'm soooo excited!! But I need some advice. We aren't sure when we should go. We really liked not having to deal with the huge crowds of summer. However, Ally starts Kindergarten in August (school starts August 10th) so it's going to make things a little more difficult. Any suggestions as to when to go?!?! (the last day of school this next year is May 21st if that matters) I'm not sure where we're going to stay yet either. We just LOVED the Ploynesian--I certainly wouldn't mind staying there again! So I need your help/opinions!!

BTW--I will update my TR soon. I'm SUPER busy with VBS this week--it is wearing me out! Ally's dance recital is this Saturday as well!! Busy busy!

Hmmm...I don't know Becky, but I think I might have convinced Shawn to go back in February with the kids! :rolleyes1 LOL!! Hehe!

I have never had a problem taking my kids out of school for a couple of days...I have never done a full week out but I usually combine it with a holiday or a teacher conference or 1/2 days or something. (We went Thanksgiving week when Michael was in kindergarten, then we went this past October over Columbus Day weekend because the teachers at our school were going to a Christian School conference that was being held for two days prior to Columbus Day Monday so it worked out that they only missed like 1 day - Emily was in kindergarten this past year)! Soooo....what I guess I am saying is I wouldn't worry too much about taking her out for a couple of days....

Have you thought about going over the holidays? The Christmas decorations are so amazing! (Not Christmas week, but early to mid December).

I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to hear what you guys end up deciding! :cool1:

Sara

Well I say as long as they are still young and in early grade school just take them out for a week. My oldest DD was in 2nd grade this year and missed two seperate weeks for vacation. In the fall for WDW, and in the spring for DLR. As they get older it is not recommended but I would do it while you still can.

I have some good news!! (for those of you on Facebook and that have seen my status update, you already know) Well, after talking to Brent--it seems that he loved Disney as much as I did!! So, we've decided that we're going again next year!! Whoo hoo!! I'm soooo excited!! But I need some advice. We aren't sure when we should go. We really liked not having to deal with the huge crowds of summer. However, Ally starts Kindergarten in August (school starts August 10th) so it's going to make things a little more difficult. Any suggestions as to when to go?!?! (the last day of school this next year is May 21st if that matters) I'm not sure where we're going to stay yet either. We just LOVED the Ploynesian--I certainly wouldn't mind staying there again! So I need your help/opinions!!

BTW--I will update my TR soon. I'm SUPER busy with VBS this week--it is wearing me out! Ally's dance recital is this Saturday as well!! Busy busy!

Hi Becky!
WOW, that's GREAT news!!!:dance3: It's alway a tough situation when the kids start school but since Ally is just going into Kindergarten, I would HIGHLY recommend early December....we took Ethan out for the week this past Dec. and it was just such a WONDERFUL experience, and his K teacher just told us to have fun!!!:thumbsup2 The crowds were pretty low, no problem getting ADR's (including Le Celliar!!), the weather was cooler but it was perfect touring weather IMO, we wore sweatshirts in the a.m and shorts/capris/shorts during the day, we didn't swim but didn't have time for it anyways. And the decorations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9: And MVMCP!!!!!!!!!:santa:I'd go back then in a heartbeat!!!!! Keep us posted!!!!:goodvibes

:cool1:GREAT NEWS :banana: I am so happy for you. As for advice I don't have any but I love the idea of going again.:dance3:

That's such exciting news Becky! :woohoo::woohoo:

I wouldn't worry about school too much with a Kindergartener....but that's just me. It gets MUCH harder when they are in the higher grades.

Back in January, we took Madison out for a whole week. She's only in 1st grade, so it really didn't bother me. Since it was a surprise, I emailed her teacher and she got together all the work Maddie was going to miss. Madison did all of her work on the plane on the way down to Orlando! January really was a great time to go. We went the last week (Jan 24-31) and we had very light crowds. The weather was in the mid to high 70's and it was just perfect! No humidity, no daily rain showers, 5-10 minute waits on almost everything!!!! We had such a great time.

Hi girlfriend! Just got caught up again. It's been super crazy.

We've already decided to go back the week before Memorial Day next year which is the 22nd-29th since that will be after school gets out and before the big crowds. We were thinking of checking out free dining but both girls will be in school in 2010 so that wouldn't be near as easy to work out. As Lindsey gets older it is getting more difficult to plan during school - seems like they are testing for something all the time. Maybe we'll see ya again next year!!!

Hi Becky,
So happy that Brent had has much at Disney as you and the girls. The schools here are not too happy when we take Kaylee out :rolleyes1 for Disney. I guess you could check with the principal when she starts kindergarten. That way you will know how they fell about her missing school. It's only kindergarten so I doubt it would be a problem. Otherwise you could always go over fall break (if you have one) or when school gets out. I've been having this debate too and I think we might just wait for school to be over next May. Kaylee will be fourth grade though. Glad to hear VBS is going well.

That is great news! I agree with everyone else the for Kindergarten it really shouldn't be a big deal to take her out of school. Do it while you can - it definitely gets harder as they get older. I love both the fall and Christmas decorations and festivities at WDW. You can do summer anytime so I'd try for one of those. Both of the parties, Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party, are so much fun!

Hmmm...I don't know Becky, but I think I might have convinced Shawn to go back in February with the kids! :rolleyes1 LOL!! Hehe!
Sara

Oooh - really? popcorn:: We always go for a long weekend in February.... :rolleyes1

Congratulations on going back next year. We usually go in early Dec, but I home school. My parents have been near the end of May and thought that was a good time to go. I don't think I could handle the hot part of the summer. But, if that was the only time I could go I would find a way to deal with it.

wow.. those are great news.....:cool1::cool1::banana::cool1:

hoping my DH will say the same after our trip next fall.

You were asking me about my children ages...
Hannah ( 5 ) Jan 19 and Diego ( 20 months ) Oct 15

Don't worry about missing some days from school..... :rolleyes1:rolleyes1;

We were the "bad" parents last year and took ourdaughter out of kindergartenout for a week in December. She didn't miss a thing at school and we had no wait times all week. We had the best time. We thought that the VMMCP was too crowded. We won't do that again. have fun planning.

WOO HOO! Another trip! Sweet! :cool1: :cool1:

Well, here is my 2 cents as far as your dates are concerned; I would say if you're OK with pulling Ally out of school, how about say late April? The weather would be nice and then you'll be in between most of the spring break people and the end of school travelers.

But I also vote for Christmas time...as I'm sure you know we're going this Christmas and it's WONDERFUL! :love: Yes, it's crowded but to me, nothing beats seeing the World all decked out for the holidays!

Sounds like you have a busy week - take care!

Make sure you don't plan your trip next year during football season! Roll Tide!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter