• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"This Isn't Disneyworld. . .It's Rainworld!!" our trip to WDW May 16-23, 2009

GREAT updates! The girls look SO excited and SO adorable!!!!!:cutie: Yay for the room you wanted and for a nice day for your 1st day! The fireworks with DIS friends sounds so fun....how did you like the Poly? Would you stay again? Would you recommend it? Did that couch pull out to a bed? Now that we're a family of 5 (all sleeping in beds and no pack n plays)...just trying to see what our options are and being on the monorail seems like a dream!!!!:goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more......:surfweb:

Hi Becky! I enjoyed your PTR and am excited to read your TR. The picture of your family in front of the castle is so beautiful, and Ally is so adorable in every pic! DH and I are hoping to stay at the Polly next year and hit up SW Weekend, so I'm looking forward to reading all you have to say about your time there!

Did that couch pull out to a bed? Now that we're a family of 5 (all sleeping in beds and no pack n plays)...just trying to see what our options are and being on the monorail seems like a dream!!!!:goodvibes

I've stayed at the CR before and the rooms were very much like the Poly (different decor of course). The couch was pretty much like a day bed (it didn't pull out). The only reason I remember this was because my sisters and I were fighting over it and I eventually won!

WOW two great updates so glad you where able to meet up with Disiers :cool1: Like always your girls look adorable love the Mickey ears.

Thank you Lizet!!

Yay! You started! :banana::banana:

The picture of Ally with Cinderella at DTD is so cute! And the ones of the girls both sleeping all cuddled up with Minnie are adorable! Nice picture taking!

Sounds like a great first day! I'm so excited to hear about your trip and how you managed with all the rain.

I'm in and ready to get this party started! party:

Thank you Missy!! Can you tell I like to take pics?! I took 3,000 pics on my trip and really had to weed through them!! Yes, it was a great 1st day--the only day it didn't rain!

What wonderful updates! Your girls look soo excited to be there! I can't wait to hear more.

Thank you Meghan!! They were VERY excited to be there!!

That sounds like the perfect first day. Seemed very calm and happy. I love your DD's princess hat. I've not seen that one yet. Also, I wasn't aware this was your first trip to WDW as a family. Your organization is even more impressive.

It was very calm and happy--and no rain--our only day without rain! Yes, it was our very first family trip to WDW--and it was wonderful!!

Wow... a lot of updates! The girls look darling, and what a view!

Thank you!! Yes, I was VERY happy with our view even if it wasn't of MK!

Great start! I just love how the Poly looks! Your girls are so photogenic!! What a fun first day!!

Thanks Mary!! It was a lot of fun!!

Your girls are adorable. I love the Minnie outfits! And Roll Tide! :cheer2:

Thank you so much and welcome to my TR!! Roll tide! Do you live in AL?!

GREAT updates! The girls look SO excited and SO adorable!!!!!:cutie: Yay for the room you wanted and for a nice day for your 1st day! The fireworks with DIS friends sounds so fun....how did you like the Poly? Would you stay again? Would you recommend it? Did that couch pull out to a bed? Now that we're a family of 5 (all sleeping in beds and no pack n plays)...just trying to see what our options are and being on the monorail seems like a dream!!!!:goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more......:surfweb:

Thanks Kristen!! I LOVED the Poly!! Yes, I'd stay there again and I would HIGHLY recommend it!! We never pulled the bed out so I have no idea--sorry. Claire slept in a pack-n-play. Being on the monorail was awesome!! Especially the nights heading back after the fireworks--we got back to our room sooo quickly! It was great!!

Hi Becky! I enjoyed your PTR and am excited to read your TR. The picture of your family in front of the castle is so beautiful, and Ally is so adorable in every pic! DH and I are hoping to stay at the Polly next year and hit up SW Weekend, so I'm looking forward to reading all you have to say about your time there!

Thank you!! Glad you're joining in!!

I'm going to interrupt this TR to share with you Ally's dance pictures!! We just got them back today so I scanned them in! Check them out!!

tap costume
scan.jpg

scan0003.jpg

ballet costume
scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Adorable dance pictures! At my dance studio, we got our pictures a few weeks ago. I really love how my class photos came out!

Your pics are FAN-TAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read more. Your girls are just precious by the way!
I have always wanted to stay at the Poly, and I hope to see some more pics!:goodvibes

Adorable dance pictures! At my dance studio, we got our pictures a few weeks ago. I really love how my class photos came out!

Thank you Meghan!! Do you teach dance? Ally's recital is June 13th. This is her 3rd year taking dance. She LOVES it!!

Your pics are FAN-TAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read more. Your girls are just precious by the way!
I have always wanted to stay at the Poly, and I hope to see some more pics!:goodvibes

Thank you and welcome to my TR!! I have a lot of inside pics of the Poly but due to the rain I didn't get much outside (unfortunately).

Thank you Meghan!! Do you teach dance? Ally's recital is June 13th. This is her 3rd year taking dance. She LOVES it!!

I teach ballet and lyrical. I've been dancing since I was 5 years old and ballet is my passion. I'm also on a professional dance team. My DD took ballet for 3 years and this past summer, she switched over to Irish dancing. Her first real competition is this Saturday! Also, my dance recital is tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon. So, we have a very full weekend of dance ahead of us!

Ally really does look like she enjoys dancing! I think that dance is one of the best things a child can do. It teaches discipline, artistry and FUN!

I teach ballet and lyrical. I've been dancing since I was 5 years old and ballet is my passion. I'm also on a professional dance team. My DD took ballet for 3 years and this past summer, she switched over to Irish dancing. Her first real competition is this Saturday! Also, my dance recital is tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon. So, we have a very full weekend of dance ahead of us!

Ally really does look like she enjoys dancing! I think that dance is one of the best things a child can do. It teaches discipline, artistry and FUN!

That's great!! I took tap, ballet, and jazz growing up. I was also in show choir and many theater productions in high school--it was a lot of fun!! So I was really glad when Ally showed interest and she just loves dancing! Claire will start in August! She's a hoot--she dances in the waiting area at the studio while Ally is in class!!

Well, it sounds like you have a busy weekend!! Enjoy yourself and I hope all goes well!!

That's great!! I took tap, ballet, and jazz growing up. I was also in show choir and many theater productions in high school--it was a lot of fun!! So I was really glad when Ally showed interest and she just loves dancing! Claire will start in August! She's a hoot--she dances in the waiting area at the studio while Ally is in class!!

Well, it sounds like you have a busy weekend!! Enjoy yourself and I hope all goes well!!

I was in chorus all throughout middle school and high school. I also performed in show choir and was in all the musicals in high school. I really miss those big productions we used to do. They were so much fun. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I love dance recitals! I'm going to post pictures over on my PTR early next week.

I have been waiting for you trip report. I read all of your PTR before you left and I thought about your family the whole time it rained. I am glad you all had a great time despite the rain. Your have a lovely family. We leave on Saturday and I am starting to get excited. I am trying to pack some tonight since I have PD tomorrow at school. Great report, I can't wait to read more!!:)

Ally looks so cute in her dance costumes! Hannah had the same ballet costume this year!

I was in chorus all throughout middle school and high school. I also performed in show choir and was in all the musicals in high school. I really miss those big productions we used to do. They were so much fun. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I love dance recitals! I'm going to post pictures over on my PTR early next week.

I miss them, too! I was in 42nd Street my sophomore year, Oklahoma! my junior year, and had the lead (Marion) in The Music Man my senior year. I didn't know you had a PTR! I will have to check out your pics!

I have been waiting for you trip report. I read all of your PTR before you left and I thought about your family the whole time it rained. I am glad you all had a great time despite the rain. Your have a lovely family. We leave on Saturday and I am starting to get excited. I am trying to pack some tonight since I have PD tomorrow at school. Great report, I can't wait to read more!!:)

Hi Stephanie!! Thank you! How exciting!! I bet you can't wait!! Where in Kentucky do you live?

Ally looks so cute in her dance costumes! Hannah had the same ballet costume this year!

Thank you Janell! How funny! What a small world! Where in Indiana do you live? Brent is up in Columbus, IN ALL THE TIME for work!!

I'm here and your already done with your arrival day. Your room and view are really nice. We stayed in Samoa in 2007 and in 2006 since we like to be right by the volcano pool.. Tokelau is also a good location It was great to meet you guys :goodvibes. Claire and Ally are are so precious and I love all the matching clothes too. Looking forward to reading about your first park day.

I'm here and your already done with your arrival day. Your room and view are really nice. We stayed in Samoa in 2007 and in 2006 since we like to be right by the volcano pool.. Tokelau is also a good location It was great to meet you guys :goodvibes. Claire and Ally are are so precious and I love all the matching clothes too. Looking forward to reading about your first park day.

Glad you're here Nichole!! Tokelau was a great location--it was close to everything! I wish we had gotten to actually swim in the quiet pool and/or the volcano pool--but with all of the rain, it just didn't happen. It was great meeting you and your family, too!! I'm glad we were able to meetup!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter