This is the dawning of the rest of our lives... AT DISNEY WORLD!!!! COMPLETED 1/6!!!!

Just caught up (including chatter) and had to comment.

Whitney may be the worst crap to ever grace the airways (and I watch a LOT of really bad television so I should know).

and, my household was chosen to be a Neilson family this fall. I may have been one of the proudest moments of my life. Sadly though, our week was the week of Thanksgiving when there are no new shows. I really felt that my talents were being wasted being given such a down week. They did send me $20 in cash for my troubles though!

'Ohana = :cloud9: Pure heaven. Thank you for making me starving as I will now go into my kitchen and eat everything in sight, hoping to fill the void of wanting 'Ohana right now!

Oh and you MUST have a Lapu Lapu on your next trip!!

Haha, I only have a window of maybe 30 minutes a day where I'm funny. I used mine up today explaining a library themed baby shower to my boyfriend when I was supposed to be writing my update, so no funny. Whoops!

Yes, read the book! It's on Project Gutenberg so it's even free!! Also Tiger Lily is an awesome warrior princess in the book (compared to the movies where she usually doesn't do much).

They really are. The stories aren't really the tightest but the animation is stunning in both. Plus it's really hard to wrong with Treasure Island - IN SPACE (with Emma Thompson and Joseph Gordon-Levitt). This formula also works with Treasure Island, Muppets, and Tim Curry. Fact.

I am so glad they put signs up normally for Ohana. After our Kona dinner I got stuck in the mass of people as everyone eyed me suspiciously while I pushed my way to the front. Those people are scary. Family style meals at Disney are scary - people watching me eat creeps me out. And I have to talk to them while eating? That's a little too much to ask for my vacation time!

Whitney is the worst thing on television - TAKE IT OFF. Cougar Town is on break and Whitney remains on TV. Pan Am is on break and Whitney remains on TV. Community is on break and Whitney remains on TV. Friday Night Lights got cancelled and Whitney is still on TV. I just don't understand. Who watches? Why don't I have a Neilsen box? Who can I steal a Neilsen box from?

It's scientific fact - you have two stomachs, one for normal food and one for ice cream (we went through several rigorous trials in order to determine this).

YAY a Cougar Town fan!!! I am SO obsessed with that show. I love that Courteney Cox essentially took what she learned works on Friends and made Cougar Town awesome. I mean, that show started with her sleeping with young men, and is now about six friends hanging out all the time. The only difference from Friends is that it's set in Florida and Rachel and Monica were never as drunk as Jules and Ellie. I can not even tell you how much I had friends like that. My friends want to like, better their lives and actually do things. I want to sit around drinking wine and judging others.

I am so right there with you on the bloody mary--BLECH! Now the Lapu Lapu, that is my idea of a little piece of :cloud9:...it's a bummer that you didn't get to try it.

We absolutely loved Ohana when we tried it for the first time back in May. Makes me sad that we've been going to Disney but skipping Ohana for so many years. :sad2: Although, I did vow that we would never do Ohana again at the beginning of the trip! We ate so much and my DH got so stuffed that for the rest of the trip he just kept saying that all the food was just too much. And he's never done that before. I mean one of our favorite parts of going to Disney is all the great food. So for our upcoming June trip I booked Ohana as one of our last dinners ;)

Glad the multi-family seating worked out for you!

It's ok... I'll DEF get the Lapu Lapu next time!

TOO MUCH DISNEY FOOD? That's crazy talk! Glad you worked it out for one of your last dinners. Could you imagine if your DH said no Ohana at all? :scared1:

Haha I was kinda kidding. I say stuff like that... because I'm weird, apparently. Like that little kid fish on Finding Nemo. "I'm OBNOXIOUS!" Cool, I know.

Would you believe me if I said I've never actually been to the Poly, ever? DEPRIVED. I need to go to 'Ohana like RIGHT NOW.

YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE POLY? The first time I went was in 2006 and I have never been back to Disney without visiting it. It's an essential now!

Just found your TR and joining in!

I was hooked immediately because it seems that you and I share the same McDonalds philosophy. I don't eat the crap EVER, but occasionally a girl needs a sausage biscuit. My only worry is that you didn't mention the lukewarm government cheese that should ALWAYS grace the sandwich. Egg product is really gross though, and should never be on the breakfast sandwich. These are my rules at least, and I'm pretty set in my ways. ;)

Can't wait to read more, you seem to be a really talented writer. :thumbsup2

YAY :welcome:!!!!!! Thanks for joining us!

I love the cheese. I know, it's like, who even knows what it REALLY is. It's delicious. I don't care. My insides rot when I eat it but whatever.

Thank you so much!

Just caught up (including chatter) and had to comment.

Whitney may be the worst crap to ever grace the airways (and I watch a LOT of really bad television so I should know).

and, my household was chosen to be a Neilson family this fall. I may have been one of the proudest moments of my life. Sadly though, our week was the week of Thanksgiving when there are no new shows. I really felt that my talents were being wasted being given such a down week. They did send me $20 in cash for my troubles though!

You know what's funny? I love bad television and I still can't watch Whitney. Like, I can watch a bad show but it has to have SOMETHING going for it. For instance, Last Man Standing is not a good show. But it stars Tim Allen! How can ya not love Tim Allen?! Buzz Lightyear! Santa Clause! Tim the tool man Taylor! I'll be a fan of his until the day I die, even if he does star on shows that are WAY below his talent. But Whitney? Just has Whitney. Ugh.

SO jealous you were a Neilson family even during a bad week. Besides running all of television, that is one of my TV goals! LOL.

'Ohana = :cloud9: Pure heaven. Thank you for making me starving as I will now go into my kitchen and eat everything in sight, hoping to fill the void of wanting 'Ohana right now!

Oh and you MUST have a Lapu Lapu on your next trip!!

I apologize. It's terrible, I know. Every day I open the fridge and just stare, hoping that if I wish hard enough, Disney food will just appear. It never happens. I may starve.

DECEMBER 5, 2011
Day 1, Part 4 In Which Someone Finally Recognizes My Royal Status

When we last left off at 'Ohana, I had just polished off enough ice cream to feed the entire Duggar family.

Gosselins too. Kardashians. Baldwins. Culkins. Cusacks.

Let me just sum this up by saying: I ate a LOT of ice cream. Enough to feed all celebrity families.

Also, I gotta say it: I never saw a bad movie that had at least one Culkin in it.

If you spot a Culkin in a movie, it's a good one.

If you spot more than one, forget about it. Through the roof.

Love those Culkins.

Anyway, my mom, me, and one of the couples had planned on making it to the MK in time for the Main Street Electrical Parade, but we were too full to move and I thought, why rush? It was only day one.

We relaxed with some coffee and chatted with the people at our table. One of the guys was nice enough to give us a couple of those 20% off coupons that come out with receipts sometimes. I can't tell you how in handy those came! Everyone at our table was just so nice. I wish we had all taken a photo together!

Eventually, we all said our goodbyes and I called a few of the strongest men working at the resort to help carry me out of the restaurant. They were able to do it by rolling me out on one of those luggage carts.

'Ohana rocks. Bottom line. Go there.

My mom and I had a CM take our picture in front of the restaurant, and that is the moment I realized something terrible had happened!

HULA TIMON WAS GONE! :scared1:

We searched and searched. We went back to the table and looked underneath and around it. We talked to a bunch of servers. We checked the bathroom. We asked at the podium and the bar.

He was nowhere to be found.

They told us to check down at the Front Desk just in case someone had turned it in there, so we headed down. I wanted to go downstairs anyway just because I love the Grand Ceremonial House and basically every inch of the Poly.

My mom walked up to the front desk and told the CM working there that the stuffed toy we had lost was "Timon, from the Lion King."

The CM said, "I KNOW WHO TIMON IS! I LOVE TIMON!" LOL it was so cute. But sadly, the Timon fan couldn't find him. He did look up our room reservation and put a note on it that I had lost him, just in case anything turned up.

I was honestly in such a happy mood just from being at Disney that I hardly even cared, plus I reasoned that it a mass produced toy that I'm sure I could find again, but it was a bummer not having our mascot anymore. I was excited about having lots of silly Hula Timon pics. Ah well, there's always a next time.

The front desk CM asked me who lost the doll. I said that it was me. He said, "No, I meant who's is it?" I laughed and said, "It's mine."

I guess he was expecting that it belonged to a child, since it's a toy and I'm 21 and all, but nope! He was my Timon! I refuse to grow up. I won't. You can't make me!

I am Peter Pan.

Well, I'm a girl. So maybe I'm Patrice Pan. Pepper Pan. Pattie Pan. Peppermint Patty Pan? Paloma Pan. Piper Pan? Penelope Pan?

I hate all of these names. Well, Peppermint Patty Pan isn't bad. I am a Peanuts fan. But whatever, you get the point.

I've decided that I refuse to acknowledge aging anymore. When my next birthday comes, it will mark the day that I was born, 22 years prior.

However, I will still be 21 in my mind. Eternally. Like Forever 21, but better quality. I won't age and my buttons won't fall off in the wash.

So on April 8, I will be celebrating my eternal youth. You're all invited to that festival of crazy.

Let's get back to the report. As we chatted with the CM some more, we learned a little about the Poly. Most of it, I already knew. Duh. But they were wearing these nuts around their neck (no other way to say it) on a necklace and my mom asked what they were. The CM said they were Kukui nuts and that they came from a tree that was right outside the door. Of course. And it's a genuine one from Hawaii that Hawaiians came here to plant. And the CMs had to not be in the area during the planting because it's sacred or something. I'm pretty sure I'm getting this story wrong because I didn't write it down, but the point is, this tree is a big deal.

When I got home, I realized I have a pink Kukui nut necklace! I had no idea they were modeled after something real, I thought it was just supposed to be a bead necklace. The other funny thing is, I wore that necklace at the Poly in 2006 and didn't even know there was a tree of them outside! I'm definitely going to wear it on my next trip.

After learning all about the nuts, something even more awesome (if you can believe it) happened. In true Disney fashion, this CM went out of his way to try and make us feel better about the loss of our dear friend, Hula Timon.

When you arrive at the Polynesian's lobby/front desk area known as the Grand Ceremonial House, you are usually greeted with an "Aloha!" and then you get lei'd. Since we had come in on the monorail, we didn't get lei'd, so the CM brought us three leis, which was weird since there were only two of us.

He put one around my neck, one around my mom's neck, and then doubled the third one up and placed it on my head.

He dubbed me, "Queen of the Polynesian Resort."

That's right, folks. You are in the presence of royalty.

It was amazing. I felt so special. It was so wonderful to realize that this was only our first day at Disney, and already so much Pixie Dust was being sprinkled on us!

Also, it just felt good to be in a place where my royal status was being adequately recognized and celebrated. It's offensive if you don't call me "Your Majesty", so please start doing that. I'm basically like Kate Middleton, but way better. I've never seen her with a lei on her head. Or even around her neck! Loser.

My mom and I then took a million Polynesian Royalty photos all around the resort in which we look like mental patients. Attractive ones, though. We were like Angelina Jolie and Winona Ryder in Girl Interrupted, but without Jared Leto. That part was kind of annoying, cause he's usually present on all of my vacations. I think I'm going to have to cut him loose soon, the poor guy.

There are some pretty amazing pictures in which I am sprawled out on a couch. I think a crowd formed to watch my grace, but I can't be sure. I sent those pics straight to Jared. He loved them, obvi.

We were truly Livin It Up is the point of all this blabber.

We couldn't spend that much time ruling the Poly, though, because...uh... there was KIND OF a Kingdom within walking distance. A magical one, in fact. Actually, it was THE Magic Kingdom. So we skidaddled onto the monorail, left today, and entered the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for being here, especially as I recount the loss of our beloved Hula Timon. Spoiler Alert: We never found him. I hope he is in the hands of someone like Andy now, and not one of those nightmare kids from Sunnyside Daycare. OR SID. OH GOD. :eek:

tumblr_lrkr7jqMf11qd3pd0o1_400.jpg

Hula Timon 2011-2011

UP NEXT: I'm wishing...​

What a wonderful update! 'Ohana is one of my absolute favorites at Disney World... or anywhere for that matter. Everything about it is just perfect and delicious. The Lapu Lapu's are yummy and you must try one when you go again. :goodvibes

Boo on losing your Timon, but how cool of that CM to dub you, "Queen of the Polynesian." Now you can tell everyone that YOU are the Queen. :worship:

Oh and when you turn 22, you can just say it's your 2nd 21st birthday! :thumbsup2

__disneygirl said:
When we last left off at 'Ohana, I had just polished off enough ice cream to feed the entire Duggar family.

Gosselins too. Kardashians. Baldwins. Culkins. Cusacks.

:rotfl2: I can only imagine the insanity that would occur if those families visited Ohana.

OH NO HULA TIMON!!!

__disneygirl said:
I refuse to grow up. I won't. You can't make me!

I am Peter Pan.

Well, I'm a girl. So maybe I'm Patrice Pan. Pepper Pan. Pattie Pan. Peppermint Patty Pan? Paloma Pan. Piper Pan? Penelope Pan?

I hate all of these names. Well, Peppermint Patty Pan isn't bad. I am a Peanuts fan. But whatever, you get the point.

HAHAHA YESS! Oh my God. I love it. I will not grow up either. Child at heart and Disney obsessed in mind :goodvibes

__disneygirl said:
However, I will still be 21 in my mind. Eternally. Like Forever 21, but better quality. I won't age and my buttons won't fall off in the wash.

THEIR BUTTONS ALWAYS FALL OFF OMG. It drives me insane haha.

And your birthday is April 8th!?! Mine is May 8th!!!! :banana:

Your Majesty, Queen of the Polynesian, it is such an honor to be reading your trip report! Haha that's awesome.

You are killing me, Lia. I think this is my favorite thing you've ever written. I can't stop laughing.

DEAR LORD NO! NOT HULA TIMON! WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYY?

This is just so tragic. Who steals a stuffed animal?

While Peppermint Patty Pan is a fine name (I love the Peanuts gang!), I think you should go with Pepper Pan. That way, you can (with slight adjustments) assume the Pepper Ann theme song as your own.

PEPPER PAN, PEPPER PAN, MUCH TOO COOL FOR GROWING UP...

Like Forever 21, but better quality. I won't age and my buttons won't fall off in the wash.
:lmao:

they were wearing these nuts around their neck (no other way to say it)
:rotfl: Maybe that's why I like the Polynesian so much. I also wear nuts around my neck on a regular basis. They're only Buckeyes, but still, I think this qualifies me for a job at the Poly. When do I start?

RIP Hula Timon. I will never forget the way you showed off the bed at Pop Century. Such talent. :sad1:

What a wonderful update! 'Ohana is one of my absolute favorites at Disney World... or anywhere for that matter. Everything about it is just perfect and delicious. The Lapu Lapu's are yummy and you must try one when you go again. :goodvibes

Boo on losing your Timon, but how cool of that CM to dub you, "Queen of the Polynesian." Now you can tell everyone that YOU are the Queen. :worship:

Oh and when you turn 22, you can just say it's your 2nd 21st birthday! :thumbsup2

Thank you! After that amazing meal, it's definitely a favorite of ours too. I can not wait to go back and try a Lapu Lapu!

Yes, yes, I am the Queen! No pictures please!

:rotfl2: I can only imagine the insanity that would occur if those families visited Ohana.

OH NO HULA TIMON!!!

HAHAHA YESS! Oh my God. I love it. I will not grow up either. Child at heart and Disney obsessed in mind :goodvibes

THEIR BUTTONS ALWAYS FALL OFF OMG. It drives me insane haha.

And your birthday is April 8th!?! Mine is May 8th!!!! :banana:

Your Majesty, Queen of the Polynesian, it is such an honor to be reading your trip report! Haha that's awesome.

Yay to us for never growing up! I just don't think it's necessary.

haha, Forever 21 is such crappy quality, but every once in while you find something good. Plus they have Disney things. I bought nearly the entire Minnie Muse collection in 2010. I couldn't help myself!

Wooooohooo! We should take a month long Disney trip for our birthdays. THAT is necessary.

*bows* Thank you, thank you.

You are killing me, Lia. I think this is my favorite thing you've ever written. I can't stop laughing.

DEAR LORD NO! NOT HULA TIMON! WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYY?

This is just so tragic. Who steals a stuffed animal?

While Peppermint Patty Pan is a fine name (I love the Peanuts gang!), I think you should go with Pepper Pan. That way, you can (with slight adjustments) assume the Pepper Ann theme song as your own.

PEPPER PAN, PEPPER PAN, MUCH TOO COOL FOR GROWING UP...

Like Forever 21, but better quality. I won't age and my buttons won't fall off in the wash.
:lmao:

they were wearing these nuts around their neck (no other way to say it)
:rotfl: Maybe that's why I like the Polynesian so much. I also wear nuts around my neck on a regular basis. They're only Buckeyes, but still, I think this qualifies me for a job at the Poly. When do I start?

RIP Hula Timon. I will never forget the way you showed off the bed at Pop Century. Such talent. :sad1:

Yay!! That's quite a compliment coming from you, most hilarious of TR writers.

I don't know :sad2: I really have no idea what happened to him. He was in my bag one minute, then I went into a meat coma, and he was gone. Maybe it's some kind of 'Ohana conspiracy?

OMG thank you. SHE'S HER OWN BIGGEST FAN, PEPPER PAN!

Nut necklaces are more popular than I thought!

I know, I know. He was quite the meerkat. :littleangel: Sigh.

That is SO CUTE that the CM dubbed you ~Queen of the Polynesian Resort~, omg. I feel like that's pretty much the best resort to be queen of. Like no one would ever be dubbed QUEEN OF ALL STAR SPORTS or anything.

tumblr_lrkr7jqMf11qd3pd0o1_400.jpg

Hula Timon 2011-2011
Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feeeel you
That is how I know you go on

Far across the distance
And spaces betweeeen us
You have come to show you go oonnn

Near, faaar, whereeever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heeeart
And my heart will go on and ooon

:rotfl2:

Okay, so let me get nerdy here for a minute (and not acceptable Disney nerdy...) I need to give you the backstory...

Have you heard of/ read Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point? If not, you just need to know there are groups of people who help make an epidemic (and epidemic hasn't negative or positive connotation here). One of these people is a salesman, another is a maven, etc. and so on.

Anyway, you and Kara need to write a book. A Disney book - not a guide book- an adventure book/ addiction book--like Mousejunkies.

So, the backstory part...I would totally assist in making it an epidemic. Well in this case a best seller. Okay. A best seller among Disney fans....

Please get busy. Then drink wine. When the book makes you tons of money, you can drink more wine, at the Poly, while reigning.:worship:

YAY a Cougar Town fan!!! I am SO obsessed with that show. I love that Courteney Cox essentially took what she learned works on Friends and made Cougar Town awesome. I mean, that show started with her sleeping with young men, and is now about six friends hanging out all the time. The only difference from Friends is that it's set in Florida and Rachel and Monica were never as drunk as Jules and Ellie. I can not even tell you how much I had friends like that. My friends want to like, better their lives and actually do things. I want to sit around drinking wine and judging others.

Yes! We hopped on the bandwagon a little late (it took some time to convince my boyfriend but he should know by now that I have excellent TV taste. And it wasn't me who went out and bought seasons 2-4 of Everwood at Best Buy's $10 sale!). I love Ellie SO MUCH and Cougar Town way more than Friends (although I've actually never really watched Friends but that is against the point!). But still - my fave part is when Busy Phillips admits that she just wants to live Ellie's life and I'm like yes, you all understand me. I like that it's set in Florida, if only because it reduces the probability of weird, not seasonal clothing changes (coughcoughGossipGirlcoughcough).

Also, their cul de sac is so cute. How amazing would it be to be able to talk to your best friend right through your kitchen window?! And to, you know, have people in your house all the time!

Okay, I've been looking for an embarrassingly long time and there's almost no genderswapped version of Peter Pan anywhere on the Internet. I mean, there're more Sleeping Beauty genderswaps than Peter Pan! So.. there's no fandom answer to what girl-Peter-Pan would be named.

And I love kukui nut leis (especially when they're painted)! The oil is supposed to really good for your skin and hair as well (fun facts! Also: it's the state tree of Hawai'i and makes a nice lamp oil. The foliage is also very pretty).

Alright, I guess I got behind but I'm catching up quick...

Love the Seven Seas Lagoon! :-) Always nice to arrive at the Magic Kingdom or ride the monorail and see that beautiful sight. Your picture captures that essence perfectly :) LOL @ your whole monorail man story, I never read your last TR, but I knew about it. You is DISFamous :thumbsup2 You must've been enjoying that ride ... A LOT all the way to the Poly haha

Oh my gosh, I love your little interpretation of that picture, "God's big camera in the sky" love it! Disney is truly a creation worth taking a photograph of, obviously God would be taking a picture. He is a man of many interests and an Almighty DISer ::yes:: Love your picture of Space (when read literally, it sounds funny lol) from the Monorail, how I miss it so :lovestruc

YAY The Poly, my dream resort :goodvibes LOL @ the guy who went to the Main Street Barbers, a whole lot of respect for that guy haha All the power to ya my man! And the Poly tree looks so pretty. Hopefully someday I will be able to really see all the Christmas decorations in the world, they just look so pretty in pictures they must be awe-inspiring in real-life (like everything there). :cloud9:

That's awesome how 'Ohanas has it split up in the No-ADR versus ADR there. I've seen situations (well... at T-Rex) where they need stuff like that and it isn't a pretty sight. I may have to consider going there now (NEW CHARACTER BREAKFAST! <3) And knowing how Le Cellier is, I would love if there could be walk-ins there like you explained :goodvibes Always wanted to eat there :)

I'm sorry to hear you were disregarded in the field of opting out to not have other people sit at your table. I probably would've been the same way, but... you just have to go with the flow. :teeth: Though I'm pretty sure serial killers wouldn't be walking around Disney, if they are... :scared: EEK! But the annoying part, totally understand. But that's awesome they were a great group you were paired up. The Disney Fates were in your favor then ::yes::

Oh my gosh... you and the Frumps (Jess and Kristen) are going to kill me with your food descriptions. Why must you make them sound so delectable? I mean, when you start with "Slap My Behind and Call me Walt Disney", you can't go wrong. I want me some steak and those million scoops of ice cream RIGHT NOW! And I think I may go out on a limb for the Pomegranate Iced Tea, Pomegranate seems like the real deal fruit haha I wish I could've heard your review of bread pudding though, seems like you could've given one heckuva review ::yes::

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Alright, hopefully after this I'll be caught up... pretty sure I'll be...

First, I gotta say you know your celebrity families. Those Kardashians... lol Anyways... I'm sorry to hear you were too tired to go to MK so early and missed MSEP. Well, you have a long trip ahead of you anyways, more chances to see it :) And that's awesome how those people you met gave you 20% discounts. But HULA TIMON! OH MY GOSH! Well, at least you guys were fast moving in case he got far...

LOL @ the CM asking who's Timon it was. That is just how it is for us child at hearts aka DISers aka crazy people (say that like Charlotte says in Princess and the Frog) :laughing: "I won't grow up! I won't grow up! I will never go to school (well I have, okay song over...)" I hope my random annoying addends won't totally throw you off. Just be warned though :)

All that stuff about the Poly is really cool. Disney is so very authentic when it comes to how they add little bits and pieces to their resort. Where the CMs had to leave the room for a tree planting, that's impressive! And that's cool you have your own Kukui necklace, just another piece of Disney for you at home :goodvibes

That's so cool how they named you Queen of the Polynesian! Very cool! "Eat your heart out Kate Middleton" A million cool points to what show and what episode, because it's the best quote ever! :teeth: Anyways... must've been pretty awesome to be getting so much magic already on this trip. How I would love to be of royalty in Disney. *bows down*

I'm sorry to hear about Hula Timon though. I was so hoping to see more of him. I pray he doesn't have to end up with some Evil Toddlers or Sid. :sad2: Though... I think I can hear him "You've Got A Friend In Me" mashed-up with "We Belong Together" ;) He will always be remembered though... ::yes::

Can't wait to read about your first moments in the most Magical of Kingdoms! :mickeyjum

Yes! We hopped on the bandwagon a little late (it took some time to convince my boyfriend but he should know by now that I have excellent TV taste. And it wasn't me who went out and bought seasons 2-4 of Everwood at Best Buy's $10 sale!). I love Ellie SO MUCH and Cougar Town way more than Friends (although I've actually never really watched Friends but that is against the point!). But still - my fave part is when Busy Phillips admits that she just wants to live Ellie's life and I'm like yes, you all understand me. I like that it's set in Florida, if only because it reduces the probability of weird, not seasonal clothing changes (coughcoughGossipGirlcoughcough).

Also, their cul de sac is so cute. How amazing would it be to be able to talk to your best friend right through your kitchen window?! And to, you know, have people in your house all the time!

Okay, I've been looking for an embarrassingly long time and there's almost no genderswapped version of Peter Pan anywhere on the Internet. I mean, there're more Sleeping Beauty genderswaps than Peter Pan! So.. there's no fandom answer to what girl-Peter-Pan would be named.

And I love kukui nut leis (especially when they're painted)! The oil is supposed to really good for your skin and hair as well (fun facts! Also: it's the state tree of Hawai'i and makes a nice lamp oil. The foliage is also very pretty).

So many people have told me I would love Everwood, but I never watched it. I probably would love it and then be horrifically devastated over it ending, and I just don't need that kind of grief! I still deal with night sweats and chest pain over the OC being over, and that ended... oh my god... FIVE YEARS AGO?!?! *panic attack*

Help.

You should really watch Friends. Like every episode. It's my favorite show of all time. Nothing makes me laugh harder... besides my actual friends. Uhh... sometimes. But really, best show ever.

Apparently since ABC just canceled this new terrible show Work It, Cougar Town will have a place again. I hope so. The creator has been tweeting about it and I am stressed, basically.

Sleeping Beauty genderswaps? HMMM interesting!

Alright, I guess I got behind but I'm catching up quick...

Love the Seven Seas Lagoon! :-) Always nice to arrive at the Magic Kingdom or ride the monorail and see that beautiful sight. Your picture captures that essence perfectly :) LOL @ your whole monorail man story, I never read your last TR, but I knew about it. You is DISFamous You must've been enjoying that ride ... A LOT all the way to the Poly haha

Oh my gosh, I love your little interpretation of that picture, "God's big camera in the sky" love it! Disney is truly a creation worth taking a photograph of, obviously God would be taking a picture. He is a man of many interests and an Almighty DISer. Love your picture of Space (when read literally, it sounds funny lol) from the Monorail, how I miss it so :lovestruc

YAY The Poly, my dream resort LOL @ the guy who went to the Main Street Barbers, a whole lot of respect for that guy haha All the power to ya my man! And the Poly tree looks so pretty. Hopefully someday I will be able to really see all the Christmas decorations in the world, they just look so pretty in pictures they must be awe-inspiring in real-life (like everything there).

That's awesome how 'Ohanas has it split up in the No-ADR versus ADR there. I've seen situations (well... at T-Rex) where they need stuff like that and it isn't a pretty sight. I may have to consider going there now (NEW CHARACTER BREAKFAST! <3) And knowing how Le Cellier is, I would love if there could be walk-ins there like you explained :goodvibes Always wanted to eat there.

I'm sorry to hear you were disregarded in the field of opting out to not have other people sit at your table. I probably would've been the same way, but... you just have to go with the flow. Though I'm pretty sure serial killers wouldn't be walking around Disney, if they are... EEK! But the annoying part, totally understand. But that's awesome they were a great group you were paired up. The Disney Fates were in your favor then ::yes::

Oh my gosh... you and the Frumps (Jess and Kristen) are going to kill me with your food descriptions. Why must you make them sound so delectable? I mean, when you start with "Slap My Behind and Call me Walt Disney", you can't go wrong. I want me some steak and those million scoops of ice cream RIGHT NOW! And I think I may go out on a limb for the Pomegranate Iced Tea, Pomegranate seems like the real deal fruit haha I wish I could've heard your review of bread pudding though, seems like you could've given one heckuva review ::yes::

Can't wait to read more!

Thank you!! I'm DISFamous??? Really?? *Taylor Swift ohmyGODican'tbelievei'mwinningyetANOTHERaward face* Just kidding, I know I pretty much rule these boards. :3dglasses

I like the idea of calling God an "Almighty DISer". I hope he reads my TR.

All the decorations are truly beautiful, but the best is the castle dream lights.

There's a new character breakfast at 'Ohana? *googles* Hmm... I don't see anything about that. It seems to be the same Lilo and Stitch Best Friends breakfast!

It's not that WE make them sound delectable... they ARE that good! Fantastic food inspires fantastic descriptions, I guess. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuum! I wish I could eat Disney food right now! All other food seems lame in comparison and that is really saying something coming from me!

Next time I will for sure try that bread pudding and provide an excellent review! :cheer2:

Alright, hopefully after this I'll be caught up... pretty sure I'll be...

First, I gotta say you know your celebrity families. Those Kardashians... lol Anyways... I'm sorry to hear you were too tired to go to MK so early and missed MSEP. Well, you have a long trip ahead of you anyways, more chances to see it :) And that's awesome how those people you met gave you 20% discounts. But HULA TIMON! OH MY GOSH! Well, at least you guys were fast moving in case he got far...

LOL @ the CM asking who's Timon it was. That is just how it is for us child at hearts aka DISers aka crazy people (say that like Charlotte says in Princess and the Frog) :laughing: "I won't grow up! I won't grow up! I will never go to school (well I have, okay song over...)" I hope my random annoying addends won't totally throw you off. Just be warned though :)

All that stuff about the Poly is really cool. Disney is so very authentic when it comes to how they add little bits and pieces to their resort. Where the CMs had to leave the room for a tree planting, that's impressive! And that's cool you have your own Kukui necklace, just another piece of Disney for you at home :goodvibes

That's so cool how they named you Queen of the Polynesian! Very cool! "Eat your heart out Kate Middleton" A million cool points to what show and what episode, because it's the best quote ever! :teeth: Anyways... must've been pretty awesome to be getting so much magic already on this trip. How I would love to be of royalty in Disney. *bows down*

I'm sorry to hear about Hula Timon though. I was so hoping to see more of him. I pray he doesn't have to end up with some Evil Toddlers or Sid. :sad2: Though... I think I can hear him "You've Got A Friend In Me" mashed-up with "We Belong Together" ;) He will always be remembered though... ::yes::

Can't wait to read about your first moments in the most Magical of Kingdoms! :mickeyjum

We got to see MSEP later in the trip :thumbsup2

Omg, I sing that "I Won't Grow Up" song all the time. I played a lost boy in a production of Peter Pan when I was 10 years old and that was my favorite number to perform. :cloud9:

THAT WAS ON GLEE, RIGHT? Kurt said that. No idea what episode. Oh wait, it was at the prom! But yeah, Kate Middelton is totally jealous of me, I think that's obvious. princess:

I'm going to buy another Hula Timon and bring him along for another trip, so don't worry! He will make his triumphant return one day! :simba:

Thanks for reading and for all the wonderful comments! :smickey:

So many people have told me I would love Everwood, but I never watched it. I probably would love it and then be horrifically devastated over it ending, and I just don't need that kind of grief! I still deal with night sweats and chest pain over the OC being over, and that ended... oh my god... FIVE YEARS AGO?!?! *panic attack*

Help.

You should really watch Friends. Like every episode. It's my favorite show of all time. Nothing makes me laugh harder... besides my actual friends. Uhh... sometimes. But really, best show ever.

Apparently since ABC just canceled this new terrible show Work It, Cougar Town will have a place again. I hope so. The creator has been tweeting about it and I am stressed, basically.

Sleeping Beauty genderswaps? HMMM interesting!

Very important first: Did you see that Taylor Swift was cast as Eponine in the new movie version of Les Mis? Like, I have no idea who that casting director is or why they have a job. I would be a better casting director than that person and all my resume consists of is having lots of opinions on people's faces.

Everwood is adorable; it transports Stars Hollow to Colorado and adds in lots of skiing. Emily van Camp (from Revenge) is in it and so is Chris Pratt (from Parks and Rec). Ugh, it is adorable and makes me cry all the time because it is so good at crying moments and not being too schmaltzy.

I've only ever seen the first season of the O.C. It's like when I only watched the first season of Friday Night Lights for about three years - sometimes there are perfect television seasons that I am afraid to move past because the sophomore slump depresses me (also my college roommate had the DVDs and then we moved into separate apartments so no more access).

YES I SAW THAT. I'm so glad because we're almost through with season 2 and, seriously Work It looked awful (so did the show that Work It replaced. Man Up or whatever).

DECEMBER 5, 2011
DAY 1, PART 5 In Which We Let The Memories Begin!

At last, it was time to monorail it over to the most perfect place on this planet:
6541797323_a45de15931_b.jpg

I can't tell you how happy I was. I was singing and skipping and laughing all the way from the monorail to the entrance.

Going back to the Magic Kingdom after not seeing it in eighteen months is the closest thing I will ever experience to Heaven on Earth. That's it.

I was in complete awe. Finally, I thought, I'm here. I'm back. I'm really back. I'm finally home.

I distinctly remember stating the obvious over and over as we walked in. "It's just so beautiful," I said. "It's just SO. BEAUTIFUL."

It was instant relaxation and relief for someone who never calms down, never stops worrying, never stops stressing, never stops obsessing, never stops freaking out. It was peace, at last and all of a sudden. I just felt like collapsing onto the street, crying and kissing the pavement as if I had just landed on the shore after being lost at sea for 18 months.

As the castle came into view, I said through tears, "Have you ever seen anything so beautiful in your entire life?"

Seeing the castle with the dream lights on it for Christmas was just breathtaking. My pictures do not even begin to capture such a magnificent sight. You can't imagine that the most beautiful thing you've ever seen could be EVEN MORE STUNNING, and then Disney does it. I realize I'm overusing the word beautiful here, but you've been there. You know. It's the most beautiful place in the world. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

You know what wasn't beautiful? THE CROWDS.

This was pretty much the only time we had a crowd problem besides at the Osborne lights, but that's days from now. Anyway, the MK was pretty crowded because Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was going on during select nights, so everyone without party tickets would come on the non-party nights so that they could see Wishes, The Magic, The Memories, and You, and The Main Street Electrical Parade.

The awesome thing about that was that the lines for rides were pretty non-existent, since everyone was mostly there for the shows. The bad thing was that you could hardly move once you got closer to the hub.

Still, I managed to find a great spot for my mom and I, just a little left of center, right in front of the castle, minutes before The Magic, The Memories, and You began.

6541797249_0fa671e09f_b.jpg

This was our location. It was a pretty great spot but like I said, the pictures in no way compare to the real beauty!

I found some good ones on Tumblr, though:
tumblr_lvycvtj4Zp1qzcq51o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_lwsk9oJvrH1qzsljko1_500.jpg

tumblr_lv1laphWRA1qzsljk

tumblr_lv8xuqODkC1qb8sdso1_500.jpg

tumblr_lblp1od00W1qdaww5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ldas33aGIO1qegsjco1_500.jpg

Seriously, it's the most stunning thing in the world. I really hope I am there during the holiday season again soon. It's such a special time to visit.

OK so, OMG. The Magic, The Memories, And You. Holy freaking crap. This was our first time ever seeing this show and I can not even explain how incredible it truly is. I mean, besides your usual Disney magic, the digital projection is some of the BEST I have ever seen! It is so tight and sharp and EXACT to the castle. I cried so much during this. I especially got emotional during the part where the girl gets proposed to and she starts jumping up and down. My dream is to get proposed to at Disney and if it actually happens I will probably die of happiness before I even get to say yes! Also, if a man proposes to me at any place other than Disney, I will say no. If you propose to me in a place where Cinderella doesn't live, how do you expect our marriage to work?

The other time I got really emotional was when they sing the line, "Open your heart and let the memories begin" and then they play a quote of Walt speaking at the opening of Disneyland. He says, "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!" I actually know that entire speech by heart. I have it on my iPod. I get teary just hearing Walt speak. I know I say this all the time, but I will never stop being in awe of him. He was just a little boy drawing pictures once upon a time, he followed his dreams, and they came true beyond his wildest imagination. People who aren't crazy about Disney can say that the whole "dreams come true" thing is just clever marketing, and I just feel bad for them. How can they not realize that Disney's claims of "dreams come true" is backed up by the fact that Walt followed his? He followed them with such strength, creativity, and conviction that millions upon millions of people visit the product of those dreams.

Do you know what he said when they were planning Disney World? I love this quote. "I believe we can create a community that more people will talk about and come to see than anywhere else in the world." I mean HOW CRAZY IS THAT? How gutsy is that, to even say those words? It came true! He did it! There are people having the time of their lives at his parks right now all because he believed. Some people think having big dreams is crazy and foolish, but I think NOT having them is crazy and foolish. Sure, what Walt ended up creating is a one in a million experience, but what if that next one in a million is you? So give your wildest dreams a try. Nothing is ever as hard as we build it up in our minds to be. Just try. You never know what could happen. You may end up building a magical kingdom of your own. You never know.

I didn't take any pictures during the show because I was too busy being in awe, but I (again) found a great Holiday shot on Tumblr so I figured why not share:

tumblr_lwd65tAHNI1qa4w2fo1_500.png

AMAZING!

Before Wishes began, I spotted Tinkerbell waiting in the highest tower to fly over the Kingdom:

6541797123_b595d84d7a_b.jpg

I usually save Wishes for more toward the end of the vacation, but I decided to just slap a full dose of some of the best magic Disney has to offer right onto our faces right out of the gate. I mean, why not? ARE YA DIZZY YET?!

Watching Wishes is one of my favorite things to do in my life. It just never gets old. My favorite part is when all the characters start saying their wishes. It gets me SO GOOD. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I can not stop myself from crying during that part.

Seeing Wishes right away was kind of like the official kick off of the trip. Like BOOM, YOU'RE AT DISNEY. NOW GO PLAY. MAKIN DREAMS COME TRoOOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOooo, Livin It Up! Love that feeling!

The problem was that it was like 10:30 PM and I hadn't gotten any sleep the night before so that equaled a LOT of hours of no sleep. I have insomnia and often have to work ridiculous hours on sets with hardly any rest, so I'm used to it, but my mom was about to collapse.

So we went back to Pop to get some sleep. The end!

NOT. LOL WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE. DO YOU THINK THERE IS SLEEPING IN DISNEY?! HAVE YOU NOT READ THE TRIP REPORT "THERE'S NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!"? DO YOU THINK I'M KIDDING? DO YOU THINK WE CALL IT MANIA FOR NOTHIN!??!

I mean, really.

Up next: The walking dead conquer the MK! ....Sorta.​

Very important first: Did you see that Taylor Swift was cast as Eponine in the new movie version of Les Mis? Like, I have no idea who that casting director is or why they have a job. I would be a better casting director than that person and all my resume consists of is having lots of opinions on people's faces.

Everwood is adorable; it transports Stars Hollow to Colorado and adds in lots of skiing. Emily van Camp (from Revenge) is in it and so is Chris Pratt (from Parks and Rec). Ugh, it is adorable and makes me cry all the time because it is so good at crying moments and not being too schmaltzy.

I've only ever seen the first season of the O.C. It's like when I only watched the first season of Friday Night Lights for about three years - sometimes there are perfect television seasons that I am afraid to move past because the sophomore slump depresses me (also my college roommate had the DVDs and then we moved into separate apartments so no more access).

YES I SAW THAT. I'm so glad because we're almost through with season 2 and, seriously Work It looked awful (so did the show that Work It replaced. Man Up or whatever).

EYEROLL. I guess they think that she will bring in young fans who maybe wouldn't be interested in seeing Les Mis otherwise? I can understand it as a business decision, but not on any other level.

Oh man, Everwood sounds awesome. I love Chris Pratt.

The first season of the OC is so good that it breaks my heart and ruins my life every single time I watch it. I LOVE season 2, though. I know a lot of people don't but it's still magical to me. Season 3 is a sin, but there are still some amazing moments that make it worth it. Season 4 is just an entirely new show. I love Season 4 in its own way, but nothing will ever be as good as the beginning. Especially b/c I was in 8th grade at the time and nothing is ever as big of a deal as it is when you are 14. Ah, those were the days!

I've never watched Friday Night Lights but I've literally not heard one bad thing about it. I'll get around to it one of these days. Right now I want to catch up on Grey's Anatomy b/c they are doing a "what if" episode and I LOVE when shows do that.

The other time I got really emotional was when they sing the line, "Open your heart and let the memories begin" and then they play a quote of Walt speaking at the opening of Disneyland. He says, "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!" I actually know that entire speech by heart. I have it on my iPod. I get teary just hearing Walt speak. I know I say this all the time, but I will never stop being in awe of him. He was just a little boy drawing pictures once upon a time, he followed his dreams, and they came true beyond his wildest imagination. People who aren't crazy about Disney can say that the whole "dreams come true" thing is just clever marketing, and I just feel bad for them. How can they not realize that Disney's claims of "dreams come true" is backed up by the fact that Walt followed his? He followed them with such strength, creativity, and conviction that millions upon millions of people visit the product of those dreams.

Do you know what he said when they were planning Disney World? I love this quote. "I believe we can create a community that more people will talk about and come to see than anywhere else in the world." I mean HOW CRAZY IS THAT? How gutsy is that, to even say those words? It came true! He did it! There are people having the time of their lives at his parks right now all because he believed. Some people think having big dreams is crazy and foolish, but I think NOT having them is crazy and foolish. Sure, what Walt ended up creating is a one in a million experience, but what if that next one in a million is you? So give your wildest dreams a try. Nothing is ever as hard as we build it up in our minds to be. Just try. You never know what could happen. You may end up building a magical kingdom of your own. You never know.

Thanks so much for expressing your sentiments so eloquently. I know exactly how you feel about WDW, the Castle, the fireworks, Walt and all things Disney. You either get it or you don't and you GET IT! This is the first post I read after watching my Saints lose to the 49ers and I sure did need the lift. Thanks again. :thumbsup2

Great report! I stumbled upon yours as I was reading Jess's! Fun! I was there in December from the 7-11th so I'm excited to hear what you did and what you thought. Isn't it just beautiful at Christmastime? It was my first time there in December and I just loved it! Can't wait for more :)

OH YAY my first night all moved into college and I have an update to read right before I go to sleep. Life is good! :goodvibes

Beautiful is the perfect word to describe everything in Disney. I'm like tearing up just reading your description right now. NOTHING CAN EVER BE BETTER THAN THE MAGIC KINGDOM. ANYTHING. I love it more than words can describe.

Please excuse me while I go turn on my Magic, Memories, and You soundtrack so I can read this part of your update with the appropriate background music.

"...as we proudly present... the magic, the memories, and YOU!"

- nice sparkly disney music begins -

- piano interlude -

"A TWINKLE OF LIGHT..... A TOWER SO TALL... A PRINCESS PREPARES TO HAVE HER MIDNIGHT AT THE BALL..." :lovestruc

I'm dying. Take me home. Now. Please.

Alright lets continue.

__disneygirl said:
My dream is to get proposed to at Disney and if it actually happens I will probably die of happiness before I even get to say yes! Also, if a man proposes to me at any place other than Disney, I will say no. If you propose to me in a place where Cinderella doesn't live, how do you expect our marriage to work?

Me too, sister! If it's not a Disney proposal, it's a no go. And if it's not a fairytale wedding... we are going to be off to a rocky start. End of story. :laughing: <-- this guy may be laughing but I'm dead serious. hahaha

And every word you said about Walt Disney is so true. It's absolutely unbelievable to think that everything he ever thought of actually became a reality. He built it out of nothing but a dream! That's absolutely insane when you think about it.

__disneygirl said:
NOT. LOL WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE. DO YOU THINK THERE IS SLEEPING IN DISNEY?! HAVE YOU NOT READ THE TRIP REPORT "THERE'S NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!"? DO YOU THINK I'M KIDDING? DO YOU THINK WE CALL IT MANIA FOR NOTHIN!??!

God, this is why I love you. :rotfl: And this is why your trip reports are like some of my top top favorite pieces of literature of all time.

I can't wait for the next update!! Thank you for helping me survive my first night of college. Now I am going to go to sleep and dream about the magic, memories, and you. Good night.

"And we wish you. magical. dreams." :wizard: (said in that beautiful robotic disney resort telephone voice. :lovestruc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter