This is the dawning of the rest of our lives... AT DISNEY WORLD!!!! COMPLETED 1/6!!!!

NO ONE WATCHES TEEN DRAMAS?! :scared1: I wouldn't be able to deal with that. Thank God you have Tumblr!

I ended up loving the 2003 Peter Pan! I still prefer the 1953 film b/c of my incurable obsession with all things Disney, but it was truly beautiful. and YES, JASON ISAACS. I would talk about how I feel about him but there are several words/scenarios that are not appropriate for the DIS so I'll just say this: I dig that guy.

hahaha as annoying as the buses can be, I love them. You need to take at least one Disney bus ride! I love the spiels, I really do. I just hate waiting for them to come, load, and then having to stand sometimes is just UGH. But besides that, I love them.

I agree SO MUCH about the princes! Though I do find Aladdin and the Beast to be quite interesting and have great stories to them, but Prince Charming in Snow White and Cinderella are basically just there to look good. Prince Eric is a bit boring too. However... Eugene Fitzherbert... :lovestruc is the best. I actually read that they changed the name of the film from Rapunzel to Tangled so that people would know it's not just all about the princess and it's for boys to identify with too and stuff. Apparently a lot of people didn't like this decision but I think it was smart!

Everyone goes out camping in subfreezing weather and - worst of all - they invite me. My spare time is filled up by my Netflix queue and DVR!

Other things Tumblr is good for: the Shang gif set making its way around.

I read the book after annoying everyone with wanting to watch the Disney version so much and fell in love. It's just wonderful and clever and witty and sad and NANA. More Nana is always a good thing. 2003 Peter Pan is much more evocative of Barrie's work and is why I love it so much. The Disney version is much more brash and adventure-story-y and is good in its own right but isn't quite the same thing (similar to the movie version of Last Unicorn and Beagle's original story). Having Jason Isaacs play Hook and Mr. Darling was an AMAZING FLAWLESS choice because a) looks (he's supposed to be all sinister and gorgeous and elegant which... is not Disney-Hook) and b) thematically (scared of growing up and being stodgy, etc., etc. but really let's just go back to point a).

I feel as though Disney buses would be lost on me because I fall asleep in buses pretty much automatically. Also, I tend to leave things wherever I go so it's usually cheaper (and safer!) to stick me in the passenger seat of a car when traveling.

Aladdin is good too (I've never met the Beast at the parks, can he even talk? Which is probably the second biggest disappointment next to Prince Phillip's loss-of-sass)! A lot of the less popular movies have excellent all-around casts (Atlantis comes to mind, along with Great Mouse Detective, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians, and Emperor's New Groove. And Hercules! A totally before-its-time movie. So meta!)

Turning Rapunzel into Tangled wasn't my favorite move because a) precedent (Bear and Bow --> Brave, The Snow Queen --> Frozen, total downgrades in the name department) and b) it shouldn't matter! If it's an interesting and good film, its title should be irrelevant and everyone should just go see it anyway.

Everyone goes out camping in subfreezing weather and - worst of all - they invite me. My spare time is filled up by my Netflix queue and DVR!

Other things Tumblr is good for: the Shang gif set making its way around.

I read the book after annoying everyone with wanting to watch the Disney version so much and fell in love. It's just wonderful and clever and witty and sad and NANA. More Nana is always a good thing. 2003 Peter Pan is much more evocative of Barrie's work and is why I love it so much. The Disney version is much more brash and adventure-story-y and is good in its own right but isn't quite the same thing (similar to the movie version of Last Unicorn and Beagle's original story). Having Jason Isaacs play Hook and Mr. Darling was an AMAZING FLAWLESS choice because a) looks (he's supposed to be all sinister and gorgeous and elegant which... is not Disney-Hook) and b) thematically (scared of growing up and being stodgy, etc., etc. but really let's just go back to point a).

I feel as though Disney buses would be lost on me because I fall asleep in buses pretty much automatically. Also, I tend to leave things wherever I go so it's usually cheaper (and safer!) to stick me in the passenger seat of a car when traveling.

Aladdin is good too (I've never met the Beast at the parks, can he even talk? Which is probably the second biggest disappointment next to Prince Phillip's loss-of-sass)! A lot of the less popular movies have excellent all-around casts (Atlantis comes to mind, along with Great Mouse Detective, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians, and Emperor's New Groove. And Hercules! A totally before-its-time movie. So meta!)

Turning Rapunzel into Tangled wasn't my favorite move because a) precedent (Bear and Bow --> Brave, The Snow Queen --> Frozen, total downgrades in the name department) and b) it shouldn't matter! If it's an interesting and good film, its title should be irrelevant and everyone should just go see it anyway.

You are too funny. I have to go read your TR!

I never read the book so I didn't realize Hook was supposed to be gorgeous and entrancing. While watching Jason Isaacs I found myself saying "WHOA, I never thought I would want to have private relations with Captain Hook, but here we are!" I loved the scene where they said Wendy was captivated by him instead of scared of him. I also loved in Hook when Peter's son started taking a liking to him but of course chose his father in the end. Ahh, so much Peter Pan goodness!!!

I haven't seen Atlantis since it came out and I don't remember it at all! I need to watch that one. Same with Treasure Planet. I hear they're both really underrated.

DECEMBER 5, 2011
Day 1, Part 3 In Which We Form A New Ohana At Ohana

6541795527_ce3e77e3c5_b.jpg

The Seven Seas Lagoon is so gorgeous. But we didn't have time to dwell on the view. We had to DASH over to the Resort Monorail for a date with my boyfriend, Monorail Voice Guy.

You don't need to hear the story of how much I adore this man. I'm sure you've read my last world famous and amazing trip report. You know that no words turn me on more than, "For the comfort of others, no smoking please." and "Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas."

Be still, my aching heart!

6541795311_0b2c075a3a_b.jpg

That giant Mickey head is a wreath! Love it!

6541795123_c3c2c31573_b.jpg

6541794897_c07d302480_b.jpg

6541794699_3ff6055f97_b.jpg

This picture cracks me up b/c the reflection looks like God is taking a picture with a giant camera. "Oh look, it's Disney World, one of my finest creations! *Click*"

Seeing the castle and Space from the monorail is one of my favorite parts of every trip.
6541794471_bf179d4690_b.jpg

Pretty soon we arrived at one of my favorite places in the world: Disney's Polynesian Resort.

The guy in front of us clearly had visited the Main Street Barber Shop:
6541798179_d7fd28c6b5_b.jpg

What a cool dad/granddad/uncle/guy/man/etc

6541797937_2f022ac86a_b.jpg

I love the colors on this tree. One of my favorite things about visiting Disney around the holidays is the resort specific decorations. My big regret from this trip is not going to see more of them, but I'm glad to have an extra excuse to go during the holidays again!

It was around 4:45 PM when we arrived at 'Ohana. What we saw when we got there was something I have never seen before, nor anticipated in any way.

There were two lines and a sign in front of the podium. The sign said GUESTS WITHOUT RESERVATIONS with an arrow pointing to the left, and GUESTS WITH RESERVATIONS with an arrow pointing to the right.

Have they always done this? I actually think it was a pretty great way to organize things. I hate when there's a big crowd up at the podium at a popular restaurant and you have no idea who's checked in and who's not or where the end of the line is, and you just end up standing there awkwardly wondering where the nearest Panera is.

The "Guests without reservations" line was pretty short. The restaurant was not even open yet. We talked to the people in front of us in line who said they open at 5:00 and a CM had told them they would start accepting people with no reservations at 5:30. One of the guys told me that he has come here ten times with no reservation and has gotten seated every single time.

Wait... WHAT? You're telling me all I have to do is chill in this line for 45 minutes and I've got myself a table at 'Ohana?! Done deal. If you could do this at Le Cellier, I would do it every day of our trip for both lunch and dinner. I would get in line for lunch around 9:00 AM just to be safe. I'd probably be seated around 12 or 1. Then, after enjoying six bowls of Cheddar Cheese Soup and a Chocolate Moose, I would walk around the World Showcase for approximately fifteen minutes before getting right back in the Le Cellier line for dinner.

A perfect vacation. :cloud9:

While we were waiting, my mom went over to the Tambu Lounge and got a Bloody Mary.

6541797667_52460b9de7_b.jpg

Is there anyone else who cannot even fathom drinking this?! The mixture of ingredients is just :sick: bleh. For those of you who enjoy these, though, my mom said it was delicious!

I really wanted to FINALLY try a glorious Lapu Lapu (for those who don't know, that's the famous alcoholic drink you get at the Poly that comes in a pineapple), but all I had eaten all day was the McMuffin and if I drink alcohol on an empty stomach I feel awful, so I passed. Of course, I ended up never getting one. THE LAPU LAPU HAS EVADED ME ONCE AGAIN!

The info we had gotten was correct, and just around 5:30 they sat a couple of the parties in front of us. About 15 minutes later, they asked if the two people in front of us, my mom and I, and the two people behind us would like to all sit together because they had a table of six available.

My immediate mental response was NO OF COURSE NOT.

Any time anything like this happens, my default response is that it is sure to be a disaster. I mean, I didn't want to make awkward conversation with people I don't know. That whole "Where are you from, what do you do" thing is fine when you're chatting with a CM or something, but during a whole meal? Plus, this wasn't just ANY meal. This was freaking 'Ohana!!!!!!!!!!! I had wanted to eat here for five years and now I have to eat with people I don't know? And what if they turned out to be smelly or fans of the show Whitney or serial killers or pool hoppers something? No thank you, I'll just eat with my mom. Since I didn't want to offend anyone, I said quietly so that only she could hear, "No, I just want to eat with you." I decided to be a wuss and just let her take care of it.

That didn't happen. EVERYONE else, including my mom, said "Sure!"

Well okay. I'm not going to be the one jerk that says no. Plus, I was really freaking hungry. So off we went to the front of the restaurant where we were soon whisked away by the host. I noticed the four people we were to dine with seemed very excited as well, and the six of us were quite a shiny, happy group walking in there. We were kind of like the Friends cast, but not as well paid.

I wasn't really thrilled about the dining with randoms situation, but hey, THIS IS DISNEY! I was like, who cares really. I'm at Disney World and we've gotten into 'OHANA, baby!

When you go to 'Ohana, they ask if you've been there before as you walk to your table. Two of the people in our party had, but the rest of us haven't, so he took us over to this area where he showed us some drinks and explained what 'Ohana is like. Of course, I already knew everything about this place from the DIS so I just surveyed our group and wondered which of them would end up being the most annoying.

Well, guess what? It turns out that I'm a moron, cause they were all lovely people! No Whitney fans or anything. Seriously, I liked everyone and so did my mom! There was one couple from Pennsylvania and one younger couple from North Carolina. We all got along great and it was only awkward for about two minutes. Not even one of them annoyed me!

The great thing was, they were all big Disney fans staying at other Disney resorts. It's not like they just wandered into the 'Ohana line thinking "Hey, this place looks good. Aloha!" Nope. They all knew of how delicious and famous 'Ohana was and knew to get there early and get in line for a table. We all talked about past trips and favorite attractions, restaurants, etc. It ended up being really wonderful.

It was a lesson to me that I need to be more open with people. We all have plans on our Disney trips that go awry, but sometimes what ends up happening turns out to be wonderful, so you should just trust the Pixie Dust. Of course, my warped mind immediately went to the worst case scenario, but it ended up being totally not like that at all.

But who cares about that.

Mother of God that food was good.

Slap my behind and call me Walt Disney, THE FOOD WAS SO GREAT!

'Ohana is a family style, all you can eat kinda deal. I did not take pictures b/c I did not want the people we were dining with to immediately think I was insane. Usually, I try to ease people into the crazy that is me, instead of just throwing it at them in their faces.

For my drink, I ordered a pomegranate iced tea. Pomegranate is my favorite flavor and I LOVED this. I think I ended up having like three glasses of it? Just delicious.

So first, they bring a round, warm, DELICIOUS loaf of bread and it was very hard for me to not eat it all. I am starving now.

Then, they bring salad. I laughed. I knew there were large chunks of meat coming. IN UNLIMITED QUANTITIES! No chance I was going to fill up even a little on LEAVES.

Then, someone came over with a giant skewer filled with shrimp. I like seafood very little and rarely eat it, so I passed. I was waitin' for the good stuff.

One of the people at my table asked my mom if I ate meat.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's funny, I guess b/c I had turned down the shrimp and salad, they thought that I was one of those girls who doesn't really eat or something.

:rotfl:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Funny. That.

So then they brought two huge plates. One was filled with chicken wings and POT STICKERS!!!!!! The other with vegetables (lol) and lo mein.

The only thing in the entire meal that I did not like were the chicken wings, and that is because they were not cooked nearly enough. They had a good flavor about them but I just couldn't eat them like that. The pot stickers were the best I EVER had, they were perfectly seared. These are much better than the pot stickers from Yak & Yeti and I ate about 48 of them.

The veggies I ignored. The lo mein, oh my god. It was the best I have ever had, and I have had INCREDIBLE lo mein from what I consider to be the best catering company in New York City. And yet, 'Ohana even beat that. I ate SO much of this. The rest of the people at our table ate very little of it and so I just kept piling it on and down the hatch it went!

Then, the meat started coming.

Glory, glory hallelujah!

The steak was just unbelievable. It was my favorite. I never expected it to be THAT good. I mean, I guess I expected less than amazing steak because it's grilled on a skewer in large quantities, but it was the kind of savory, perfect steak that you would get at a steakhouse!

The chicken was WAY better than the chicken wings. I don't know what kind of sauce they had on it but WHEW. Incredible.

They had pork too and I didn't even eat any of it. I love pork, but the steak and chicken and lo mein were just SO good and I was eating SO much already that by the time the pork came around, I couldn't even fathom adding another component to this meal.

I posted on twitter:
Oh my God. 'OHANA. I've been full for like 20 minutes but they just keep bringing more food and my god i love Disney so much.

Some kind of magic occurs at 'Ohana where, even though you are filled to the brim, you are somehow able to keep eating. I believe it was similar to a tear in the space/time continuum. Which reminds me of when Sandy Cohen asks Seth and Ryan if they need anything from the store and Seth replies, "Ryan needs a tear in the space/time continuum so he can go back and say 'I love you' to Marissa."

Remember that episode? Marissa said I love you to Ryan but he just said "Thank you" back because well he's Ryan, the abandoned, tough but secretly vulnerable hottie from Chino and he can't just SAY 'I love you' like that even though he REALLY did love her.

And he still does.

He always will.

I should probably mention now that if you don't like talk of television as a supplement to the regularly scheduled Disney Trip Report... well, prepare to do some scrolling.

ANYWAY BACK TO 'OHANA!

It was dessert time.

You are probably familiar with the bread pudding they serve for dessert at 'Ohana. I am not a fan of bread pudding. However, other people who don't really like bread pudding tell me that they eat it at 'Ohana anyway cause it's just that good. Well, I hate to disappoint you guys, but I didn't even try it! I was so full that my plan was to have "just a little bit" of ice cream.

That plan backfired.

They put this giant bowl of like, 87 scoops of vanilla ice cream with the little black flecks and the Mickey head rainbow sprinkles atop it. Most people barely took any ice cream because they were focusing on the bread pudding, which meant that I ate basically all the ice cream.

I didn't even mean to.

People were wondering what happened to it and I was all, "A squirrel just ran in and took it!" Liz Lemon style.

I was so full, I don't know how I did it. It was just so delicious.

Frankly, I doubt they even had to wash the dish, it was so clean by the time I was through with it.

And thus ended a magnificent first meal of the trip. 'Ohana lived up to my high expectations and then some. We will definitely be returning, in fact I think this will be a must do on every trip from now on.

UP NEXT: We lose a member of our crew!​

ksdfhskjdhgflkjsdjkzhsfdljghlkdfzjgn UPDATE!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Hahaha oh the monorail voice guy. :lovestruc Best twitter conversation of my life. I'll probably be including that in the trip report.

HAHAHA God's giant camera. But really. GREATEST CREATION EVER.

That is one awesome man who visited the Barber Shop. I want to marry a guy who would do that. God, I love guys that love Disney. That's the key to my heart, I'm telling ya.

Thank goodness Ohana is organized like that. That restaurant is ridiculously popular so thank GOD.

When I turn 21, the first drink I want to have is a Lapu Lapu. Something is just extremely appealing about a drink being served in a pineapple.

Disney just makes everyone get along. Seriously, I bond with strangers when I'm there. I always try to keep track of how many friends my Mom makes because she talks to EVERYONE and they always get along so great!!

[QUOTE="__disneygirl]Slap my behind and call me Walt Disney, THE FOOD WAS SO GREAT![/QUOTE]

HAHAHA DYING :lmao: No description could be more accurate.

LOL about the salad. My friend Alicia and I are always like "BRING ME THE MEAT AND THE DESSERT." Like seriously though. Salads are a waste sometimes.

I agree about the chicken. It just tastes SO GOOD I don't know what it is. Usually chicken is only blah in my opinion. But at Ohana it's GREAT. And the pot stickers and lo mein are perfect here, too!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal! And I know the feeling about being THAT FULL. I seriously always waddle out of there. AHH I just had it like 5 days ago and I seriously want to go back. YUMMMM!

Thank you for this post!!! We are scheduled for Ohana during our March trip and I CANNOT WAIT!!! :cool1: How strange was it to share the meal family style with strangers, though? I can handle sitting with strangers at Biergarten because it is a buffet and everyone gets his/her own food... not sure how awkward it would be to be dipping from the same bowls...:scared: Hmmmm- come to think of it, it was probably like just putting the buffet out on the table as opposed to walking up there to fix your plate. :confused3 Oh well, we will be a party of 9 with my cousin and her kids joining us, so I don't think we run the risk of having random people added to our table. :lmao:

I hope at some point you go on "The Last Comic Standing - Disney Style" - you'd so win.

We'd be great table mates at Ohana except the fight over the pot stickers! I really don't care about the meat, LOVE the salad, and the bread pudding.

Honestly, I wish I could go there for the pot stickers and bread pudding. I am thinking that I will go to Kona on the next trip. Someone on the Dis reported that they will serve the bread pudding...

DROOLING!

Did you all have reservations and have to sit together, or were they in the no res. line?

YUM- I really can't wait we WILL have an ADR when we go next October!

Omg the picture with the camera's reflection. I am dying.

I can't blame you for feeling weirded out about strangers sitting with you. I'm a huuuuge introvert and I just kinda want to be with people I know. But at Disney, I don't mind it so much. ~Disney magic, I suppose!

And what if they turned out to be smelly or fans of the show Whitney or serial killers or pool hoppers something?
Ahahaha oh Lia. This is a foolproof way of judging people and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

THIS WHOLE ENTIRE POST MADE ME SO HUNGRY. The way you described all the food and the experience made me want to go 'Ohana SO BADLY. I was already hoping for a breakfast ADR at Kona Cafe this March, though.

OOOOooooooOOOOOoooooo Pretty picture. I love the Disney-created Seven Seas Lagoon.

God's giant camera is killing me. I bet he's a scrapbooker.

OH MY GOSH THE POLY :cloud9: I miss the smell. And the area music. And the hammocks. And the chips at Captain Cook's. And watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach. And the tiki torches. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH.

You. Me. July. Lapu Lapu. :thumbsup2

Dining with randoms at 'Ohana...I don't know how I'd feel about that. I probably would've pulled a you and tugged on my mom's sleeve while whispering "No. Say 'no', Mommy." For some reason I turn into a three year old when faced with things I don't really want to do.

And what if they turned out to be smelly or fans of the show Whitney or serial killers or pool hoppers something?
Those would be my exact concerns. You just get me, Lia.

But the salad is so delicious! I don't take a lot because I need to save room, but the dressing is so refreshing and wonderful that I can't resist.

God, reading this is making me tear up. I think I might be the only person in the world brought to tears by 'Ohana. It's just so perfect! *SOB*

You skipped the bread pudding too? :eek: BUT IT'S SO WONDERFUL. I'm not a bread pudding fan AT ALL, but 1 part bread pudding, 5 parts ice cream, 2 parts banana sauce, 2 parts Mickey sprinkles is a flawless combo.

I MISS 'OHANA. Eating food that's not from 'Ohana tonight is going to be torture. :sad2:

on a cruise a lot of times you sit with other people and I don't like that so much! glad it turned out fun for you!

Well I don't have my usual slew of (most likely annoying) comments. But I will say this:
I wanna freakin go to 'Ohana like tomorrow and I don't know why I'm at my house because my house isn't the Poly so...

Just getting caught up on your TR! Ahhh, Magical Express sounds amazing. I've never used ME because we always rent a car, but someday I really, really want to take it! I feel like when you do, you're getting extra Disney magic in your vacation that us car renters are left out of!

I love your description of walking to your room for the first time, when your whole vacation is still ahead of you, it's such a happy time! :lovestruc And Stacey has to be on at all times...my DH is NOT a Stacey fan, he gets SO annoyed with her Stacey-isms, and always changes the channel when I have her on. But when we're in a Disney resort, she's on maybe 67% of the time.

I noticed she does the :thumbsup2 a lot...I do that too, and every time I do it I'm like "ugh, I'm such a loser!" :laughing:

OMG I LOOOOVE the monorail voice guy! Seriously, that voice is just SO freakin Disney, I can't stand it sometimes. Getting on that monorail the first time on each trip makes me want to burst into tears.

:rotfl: Love the picture of God's camera...I'm sure that is exactly what he thinks when he looks down on Disney World.

I love the Poly. I need to stay there someday, it smells like Florida in there, it's perfect. And the fact that 'Ohana is just right there is even better. I'm so glad you guys got in, I did not think that was possible!! I'm a psycho with my 180 day ADR's, Le Cellier and 'Ohana are always first, days before I have to make my ADR's I start having a slight panic attack about it. The thought of not eating at either of the places is almost too much to handle! Isn't 'Ohana just SO good? We told our waitress not to even bring us salad because honestly, don't waste it on us, just bring us the good stuff. My DH and I fight over that lo mein...just thinking about it right now makes me want to cry because I know I won't be having it for like, 9 more months. (AND that's IF I can convince my DH to eat there again because he informed me on our past trip that he really doesn't like 'Ohana all that much. Except for the noodles. And the bread pudding. :sad2:)

That reminds me, I can't believe you didn't eat the bread pudding! It's probably my favorite thing in the world to eat. :love:

Can't wait to read more!

OH. MY. GOODNESS.
Ohana sounds so freaking amazing!! I want to eat there so bad now!!
I'm so glad the shared table situation turned out okay. I would've been nervous. :rotfl:

Oh Ohana, how I love you so! I think I would have been a good addition to your table. I would have sat there are devoured the salad and veggies and dessert. Although, I also enjoy the noodles, but I can usually on handle a couple of pieces of meat before I burst.

Interesting that they asked you to share a table with other strangers. I didn't know that they did that. I have seen them do that all the time in Chinatown restaurants, but they don't even usually ask. It's just, you get led to the table and seated with strangers. Um, ok. Sure.

Love your updates. :thumbsup2

oh, had to come back and say.....seeing how much you love Tangled.....did you hear about the short movie that will be playing before Beauty & the Beast 3D? It's just a little something called Tangled Ever After........YUP! It shows their wedding!!!!! Setting aside the fact that I loved Beauty and the Beast growing up, and how much I love Tangled.....I no longer think I can wait to see the movie in theaters!

I AM CRACKING UP. oh man. The song I am referring to is not by Ja Rule BUT THAT IS SO FUNNY. Can you imagine if Disney had a Ja Rule song playing on the Must Do Disney show? :rotfl:

This http://youtu.be/4k_iXgSJ0Sw is the latest version of Must Do Disney and the song that plays at the beginning and end is LIVIN IT UP Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Haha, oh man, I so didn't even realize that those were the lyrics to the Must Do Disney song! :laughing: Which is sad considering how I had that on constantly whenever I was in the room on my last trip.

Woah, they play music at JFK? And Madonna and Paul McCartney at that? That's fantastic! Life is so much better with background music. Which may be one of the reasons life is so much better at Disney World. Hm..

Count me in as one of the people who finds McDonalds disgusting and amazing all at the same time.

And your nails are so cute!

Also, I'm practically tearing up at that story with the bus driver and the little girl's birthday. Sweetest thing ever. Oh my gosh.

And I'm not even a big meat eater, but your description of 'Ohana? I'm just like, can I go now? Like right now? It sounds so good!

ksdfhskjdhgflkjsdjkzhsfdljghlkdfzjgn UPDATE!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Hahaha oh the monorail voice guy. Best twitter conversation of my life. I'll probably be including that in the trip report.

HAHAHA God's giant camera. But really. GREATEST CREATION EVER.

That is one awesome man who visited the Barber Shop. I want to marry a guy who would do that. God, I love guys that love Disney. That's the key to my heart, I'm telling ya.

Thank goodness Ohana is organized like that. That restaurant is ridiculously popular so thank GOD.

When I turn 21, the first drink I want to have is a Lapu Lapu. Something is just extremely appealing about a drink being served in a pineapple.

Disney just makes everyone get along. Seriously, I bond with strangers when I'm there. I always try to keep track of how many friends my Mom makes because she talks to EVERYONE and they always get along so great!!

HAHAHA DYING :lmao: No description could be more accurate.

LOL about the salad. My friend Alicia and I are always like "BRING ME THE MEAT AND THE DESSERT." Like seriously though. Salads are a waste sometimes.

I agree about the chicken. It just tastes SO GOOD I don't know what it is. Usually chicken is only blah in my opinion. But at Ohana it's GREAT. And the pot stickers and lo mein are perfect here, too!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal! And I know the feeling about being THAT FULL. I seriously always waddle out of there. AHH I just had it like 5 days ago and I seriously want to go back. YUMMMM!

I keep meaning to tell you, LOVE the new avatar! I'm so obsessed with Peter Pan right now since seeing the play last week. I mean I always loved it but now I'm on a whole other level.

I want to marry a guy who would do that too! I hate when guys think they're too cool to do something like that or wear a silly hat or something. If you want to be with me, silliness is required.

I agree, I wish every restaurant was this organized!

I want to go back SO bad. My mom and I talk about it all the time. Pretty much any time we eat, one of us says, "I wish we were at 'Ohana." LOL.

Thank you for this post!!! We are scheduled for Ohana during our March trip and I CANNOT WAIT!!! :cool1: How strange was it to share the meal family style with strangers, though? I can handle sitting with strangers at Biergarten because it is a buffet and everyone gets his/her own food... not sure how awkward it would be to be dipping from the same bowls...:scared: Hmmmm- come to think of it, it was probably like just putting the buffet out on the table as opposed to walking up there to fix your plate. :confused3 Oh well, we will be a party of 9 with my cousin and her kids joining us, so I don't think we run the risk of having random people added to our table.

Thank YOU for reading and commenting!

I know it's hard to believe, but it wasn't weird at all! Everyone was so polite and friendly, and the guys were gentlemen and always offered the bowls to us ladies first. With the wrong people, it could have been a nightmare, but luckily we got lovely people. I was always hesitant to try Biergarten because you have to eat with other people, but now I'm totally open to it!

I hope at some point you go on "The Last Comic Standing - Disney Style" - you'd so win.

We'd be great table mates at Ohana except the fight over the pot stickers! I really don't care about the meat, LOVE the salad, and the bread pudding.

Honestly, I wish I could go there for the pot stickers and bread pudding. I am thinking that I will go to Kona on the next trip. Someone on the Dis reported that they will serve the bread pudding...

Why thank you! That's quite a compliment!

Kona is so great too! Though I've only had breakfast there, but I've heard the dinner is amazing too. I would really love to try it sometime.

DROOLING!

Did you all have reservations and have to sit together, or were they in the no res. line?

YUM- I really can't wait we WILL have an ADR when we go next October!

Nope, we were all in the "Guests without reservations" line.

It will be worth the wait for you guys! :)

Omg the picture with the camera's reflection. I am dying.

I can't blame you for feeling weirded out about strangers sitting with you. I'm a huuuuge introvert and I just kinda want to be with people I know. But at Disney, I don't mind it so much. ~Disney magic, I suppose!

Ahahaha oh Lia. This is a foolproof way of judging people and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

THIS WHOLE ENTIRE POST MADE ME SO HUNGRY. The way you described all the food and the experience made me want to go 'Ohana SO BADLY. I was already hoping for a breakfast ADR at Kona Cafe this March, though.

Yeah, at Disney I tend to talk to people as if we've been friends for years, there's no weirdness like in real life.

I'm glad you got the Whitney joke. I haven't even watched the show because from the previews I can tell that I couldn't bear it.

That's so awesome that people find my descriptions of 'Ohana droolworthy. I was afraid this post sucked because of my lack of pics, but it doesn't seem to matter! Yay! 'Ohana's deliciousness: defying photographic evidence.

OOOOooooooOOOOOoooooo Pretty picture. I love the Disney-created Seven Seas Lagoon.

God's giant camera is killing me. I bet he's a scrapbooker.

OH MY GOSH THE POLY :cloud9: I miss the smell. And the area music. And the hammocks. And the chips at Captain Cook's. And watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach. And the tiki torches. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH.

You. Me. July. Lapu Lapu. :thumbsup2

Dining with randoms at 'Ohana...I don't know how I'd feel about that. I probably would've pulled a you and tugged on my mom's sleeve while whispering "No. Say 'no', Mommy." For some reason I turn into a three year old when faced with things I don't really want to do.

Those would be my exact concerns. You just get me, Lia.

But the salad is so delicious! I don't take a lot because I need to save room, but the dressing is so refreshing and wonderful that I can't resist.

God, reading this is making me tear up. I think I might be the only person in the world brought to tears by 'Ohana. It's just so perfect! *SOB*

You skipped the bread pudding too? :eek: BUT IT'S SO WONDERFUL. I'm not a bread pudding fan AT ALL, but 1 part bread pudding, 5 parts ice cream, 2 parts banana sauce, 2 parts Mickey sprinkles is a flawless combo.

I MISS 'OHANA. Eating food that's not from 'Ohana tonight is going to be torture. :sad2:

"You. Me. July. Lapu Lapu." OMG this needs to happen. I can't even. It HAS to!

I knew you would understand my concerns! This is another reason why July has to happen, so I have someone to judge everyone with.

You are NOT the only person who is brought to tears by 'Ohana, trust me. Yesterday marked exactly one month since I ate there. It was not an easy day.

I will definitely try the bread pudding next time!

on a cruise a lot of times you sit with other people and I don't like that so much! glad it turned out fun for you!

Yeah, it's tricky because if you got rude people at your table it could be horrible. I'm so glad we got people we liked!

Well I don't have my usual slew of (most likely annoying) comments. But I will say this:
I wanna freakin go to 'Ohana like tomorrow and I don't know why I'm at my house because my house isn't the Poly so...

Your responses are not annoying! I enjoy them always! :)

"I don't know why I'm at my house because my house isn't the Poly so..."
I feel the same way. Today, I walked into my house and no one greeted me with a lei. I was furious.

Just getting caught up on your TR! Ahhh, Magical Express sounds amazing. I've never used ME because we always rent a car, but someday I really, really want to take it! I feel like when you do, you're getting extra Disney magic in your vacation that us car renters are left out of!

I love your description of walking to your room for the first time, when your whole vacation is still ahead of you, it's such a happy time! :lovestruc And Stacey has to be on at all times...my DH is NOT a Stacey fan, he gets SO annoyed with her Stacey-isms, and always changes the channel when I have her on. But when we're in a Disney resort, she's on maybe 67% of the time.

I noticed she does the :thumbsup2 a lot...I do that too, and every time I do it I'm like "ugh, I'm such a loser!" :laughing:

OMG I LOOOOVE the monorail voice guy! Seriously, that voice is just SO freakin Disney, I can't stand it sometimes. Getting on that monorail the first time on each trip makes me want to burst into tears.

:rotfl: Love the picture of God's camera...I'm sure that is exactly what he thinks when he looks down on Disney World.

I love the Poly. I need to stay there someday, it smells like Florida in there, it's perfect. And the fact that 'Ohana is just right there is even better. I'm so glad you guys got in, I did not think that was possible!! I'm a psycho with my 180 day ADR's, Le Cellier and 'Ohana are always first, days before I have to make my ADR's I start having a slight panic attack about it. The thought of not eating at either of the places is almost too much to handle! Isn't 'Ohana just SO good? We told our waitress not to even bring us salad because honestly, don't waste it on us, just bring us the good stuff. My DH and I fight over that lo mein...just thinking about it right now makes me want to cry because I know I won't be having it for like, 9 more months. (AND that's IF I can convince my DH to eat there again because he informed me on our past trip that he really doesn't like 'Ohana all that much. Except for the noodles. And the bread pudding. :sad2:)

That reminds me, I can't believe you didn't eat the bread pudding! It's probably my favorite thing in the world to eat. :love:

Can't wait to read more!

Renting a car is awesome, though. But you know what? I'd like to take DME from the airport to Disney and then get a car once at Disney, since they have various places on property where you can do that. I love the Magical Express. I especially like taking it back to the airport at the end, cause it makes it feel like you're still at Disney up until the last second, which is nice.

Thank you! and haha, I couldn't marry a guy who didn't love Stacey and enjoy watching her because I am so much like her, so that relationship would end before it even began. LOL.

I never freak out about ADRs anymore because I feel like Disney is such an accomodating company that they really try to get everyone in. Still, it's so much better to have your guaranteed ADR!

'Ohana is worth the 9 month wait! I will definitely be trying the bread pudding next time. :)

OH. MY. GOODNESS.
Ohana sounds so freaking amazing!! I want to eat there so bad now!!
I'm so glad the shared table situation turned out okay. I would've been nervous. :rotfl:

It IS amazing, you must try it on your next trip! I can't believe we didn't go sooner!

Oh Ohana, how I love you so! I think I would have been a good addition to your table. I would have sat there are devoured the salad and veggies and dessert. Although, I also enjoy the noodles, but I can usually on handle a couple of pieces of meat before I burst.

Interesting that they asked you to share a table with other strangers. I didn't know that they did that. I have seen them do that all the time in Chinatown restaurants, but they don't even usually ask. It's just, you get led to the table and seated with strangers. Um, ok. Sure.

Love your updates. :thumbsup2

oh, had to come back and say.....seeing how much you love Tangled.....did you hear about the short movie that will be playing before Beauty & the Beast 3D? It's just a little something called Tangled Ever After........YUP! It shows their wedding!!!!! Setting aside the fact that I loved Beauty and the Beast growing up, and how much I love Tangled.....I no longer think I can wait to see the movie in theaters!

haha oh man, I would have been alarmed if they had put us all together without asking!

YES OF COURSE I HEARD AND I AM SO OVERWHELMINGLY EXCITED FOR IT :lovestruc I am seriously going to be sitting there like crying my eyes out and jumping up and down. I LOVE RAPUNZEL AND EUGENE. :love:

Haha, oh man, I so didn't even realize that those were the lyrics to the Must Do Disney song! :laughing: Which is sad considering how I had that on constantly whenever I was in the room on my last trip.

Woah, they play music at JFK? And Madonna and Paul McCartney at that? That's fantastic! Life is so much better with background music. Which may be one of the reasons life is so much better at Disney World. Hm..

Count me in as one of the people who finds McDonalds disgusting and amazing all at the same time.

And your nails are so cute!

Also, I'm practically tearing up at that story with the bus driver and the little girl's birthday. Sweetest thing ever. Oh my gosh.

And I'm not even a big meat eater, but your description of 'Ohana? I'm just like, can I go now? Like right now? It sounds so good!

LOL that was such a funny misunderstanding. :rotfl:

Thank you and thanks for reading & commenting! Glad you're enjoying it. :)

You are too funny. I have to go read your TR!

I never read the book so I didn't realize Hook was supposed to be gorgeous and entrancing. While watching Jason Isaacs I found myself saying "WHOA, I never thought I would want to have private relations with Captain Hook, but here we are!" I loved the scene where they said Wendy was captivated by him instead of scared of him. I also loved in Hook when Peter's son started taking a liking to him but of course chose his father in the end. Ahh, so much Peter Pan goodness!!!

I haven't seen Atlantis since it came out and I don't remember it at all! I need to watch that one. Same with Treasure Planet. I hear they're both really underrated.

Haha, I only have a window of maybe 30 minutes a day where I'm funny. I used mine up today explaining a library themed baby shower to my boyfriend when I was supposed to be writing my update, so no funny. Whoops!

Yes, read the book! It's on Project Gutenberg so it's even free!! Also Tiger Lily is an awesome warrior princess in the book (compared to the movies where she usually doesn't do much).

They really are. The stories aren't really the tightest but the animation is stunning in both. Plus it's really hard to wrong with Treasure Island - IN SPACE (with Emma Thompson and Joseph Gordon-Levitt). This formula also works with Treasure Island, Muppets, and Tim Curry. Fact.

I am so glad they put signs up normally for Ohana. After our Kona dinner I got stuck in the mass of people as everyone eyed me suspiciously while I pushed my way to the front. Those people are scary. Family style meals at Disney are scary - people watching me eat creeps me out. And I have to talk to them while eating? That's a little too much to ask for my vacation time!

Whitney is the worst thing on television - TAKE IT OFF. Cougar Town is on break and Whitney remains on TV. Pan Am is on break and Whitney remains on TV. Community is on break and Whitney remains on TV. Friday Night Lights got cancelled and Whitney is still on TV. I just don't understand. Who watches? Why don't I have a Neilsen box? Who can I steal a Neilsen box from?

It's scientific fact - you have two stomachs, one for normal food and one for ice cream (we went through several rigorous trials in order to determine this).

I am so right there with you on the bloody mary--BLECH! Now the Lapu Lapu, that is my idea of a little piece of :cloud9:...it's a bummer that you didn't get to try it.

We absolutely loved Ohana when we tried it for the first time back in May. Makes me sad that we've been going to Disney but skipping Ohana for so many years. :sad2: Although, I did vow that we would never do Ohana again at the beginning of the trip! We ate so much and my DH got so stuffed that for the rest of the trip he just kept saying that all the food was just too much. And he's never done that before. I mean one of our favorite parts of going to Disney is all the great food. So for our upcoming June trip I booked Ohana as one of our last dinners ;)

Glad the multi-family seating worked out for you!

Your responses are not annoying! I enjoy them always! :)

"I don't know why I'm at my house because my house isn't the Poly so..."
I feel the same way. Today, I walked into my house and no one greeted me with a lei. I was furious.

Haha I was kinda kidding. I say stuff like that... because I'm weird, apparently. Like that little kid fish on Finding Nemo. "I'm OBNOXIOUS!" Cool, I know.

Would you believe me if I said I've never actually been to the Poly, ever? DEPRIVED. I need to go to 'Ohana like RIGHT NOW.

Just found your TR and joining in!

I was hooked immediately because it seems that you and I share the same McDonalds philosophy. I don't eat the crap EVER, but occasionally a girl needs a sausage biscuit. My only worry is that you didn't mention the lukewarm government cheese that should ALWAYS grace the sandwich. Egg product is really gross though, and should never be on the breakfast sandwich. These are my rules at least, and I'm pretty set in my ways. ;)

Can't wait to read more, you seem to be a really talented writer. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter