This elevator leads directly to… THE GIFT SHOP! A Dec. 2011 TR from BWI - FINAL 8-27

Nice pictures!

Not that I'm complaining....any chance of them being a little bit bigger? My old fogie eyes are no longer what they once were....:sick:

Forecast for this TR at the moment? Sound like a couple of bumpy hiccoughs are scheduled along the way. :eek:

What made you choose USPS for mailing packages and not UPS or FedEx?
1) USPS is cheaper

2) The post office is under attack as a failing business when in fact it is not. There is red tape involved and that's all I'll say for fear of getting my TR shut down for politics! :scared:

3) Every time I've sent something UPS over the last 10 years, the packages have been dented, destroyed, not taken care of.

4) I've not had a good run with FedEx either. The dealings I've had with them concerning my photography have left a bad taste in my mouth.

USPS is the only group I trust to take care of my items at the moment.

Nice pictures!

Not that I'm complaining....any chance of them being a little bit bigger? My old fogie eyes are no longer what they once were....:sick:
Um... would it be awful of me to say no??

others-171.GIF

I resized all 308 images to 4x6 at screen resolution. Didn't realize they'd be that small on here... If I change anything it'll sacrifice the integrity of the of image and henceforth suck.

Please forgive me!!!

thanks for the pics. The size was fine on my 20in screen. I can't wait to hear how if MB found out about the boxes on checkin.

1) USPS is cheaper

2) The post office is under attack as a failing business when in fact it is not. There is red tape involved and that's all I'll say for fear of getting my TR shut down for politics! :scared:

3) Every time I've sent something UPS over the last 10 years, the packages have been dented, destroyed, not taken care of.

4) I've not had a good run with FedEx either. The dealings I've had with them concerning my photography have left a bad taste in my mouth.

I like USPS too. Just wanted to know why you didn't use UPS nor FedEx like a lot of Dis-sers do. Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

Um... would it be awful of me to say no??

others-171.GIF

I resized all 308 images to 4x6 at screen resolution. Didn't realize they'd be that small on here... If I change anything it'll sacrifice the integrity of the of image and henceforth suck.

Please forgive me!!!

That's okay. It's fine.

thanks for the pics. The size was fine on my 20in screen. I can't wait to hear how if MB found out about the boxes on checkin.
No problem! There are a few more I could dig out if you'd like.

Allears has a really nice BWV gallery, have you checked there yet?

And I'll give you a hint...

the answer to your question :magnify: will be coming VERY soon!

:lmao:

I am definitely in on this TR! I can hardly wait to read all about the surprises you have in store! I love the Epcot resorts - we have only stayed at BWV on every visit but never BWI so I can't wait to see the room, the view and how you all loved it.

Hi!!! :wave:

After my DIS-hiatus I was afraid I'd lose touch with everyone! Glad you popped over.

I'll be heading over to your TR to see how your trip panned out soon.

Been dealing with 2 kids with strep and DH has a sinus infection. :sad2:

How's your family doing?

Well, I am glad you are back! Sorry to hear that your family is dealing with the crud... ours too. I guess it is the time of year. I had dd tested for strep though...and thankfully it wasn't that. Strep is so not fun.

We secured airfare for me at the best possible time of day. My flight would leave Indianapolis at 7 a.m. and arrive at MCO around 9:15a. We planned for lunch at 1:00 at San Angel. Providing my flight landed perfectly, I’d have time to grab my luggage, get the packages we mailed ahead, then run up to the room, decorate it, then hightail it over to Mexico. We would tell MB that I wasn’t going to land until noon and I’d have a good amount of time to decorate and get to the park.

Simple, right? :confused3:

Not so much…

Remember the box headache I alluded to in my last post?

Well… we learned the HARD way what NOT to do when shipping boxes to the Walt Disney Property.

We both mailed our packages early in the week after Thanksgiving to make sure we had a good enough buffer for the annual higher volume of mail traffic due to the holidays. We packed our goods and sent them US Mail. I called BWI directly to get on our reservation that we would have some boxes and to PLEASE not let MB, the primary on our reservation, know anything about them.

Once E and MB arrived in Florida and I got confirmation from USPS that my packages had arrived at the Walt Disney World property I called BWI to confirm they made it to the resort. No one had a CLUE as to what I was talking about… :headache: I called the next day and the next a few times. FINALLY I got all the way up to a manager for them to inform me that all USPS mail goes to the central warehouse and not directly to the resort. ONLY UPS and FedEx packages go directly to the resorts.
brick-wall-017.gif

Luckily a day prior to my arrival, our packages made it out of the central warehouse and over to BWI where they were safely tucked into housekeeping until I was ready to reclaim them.

Sadly though, this wasn't our lone hiccup for arrival day.

Oh...what a headache in deed!!! I hope that the next hiccup wasn't too bad.

Love the pictures, btw!!! I think BW is where I want dh and I to stay for our 25 year anniversary (in a couple years)

Once E and MB arrived in Florida and I got confirmation from USPS that my packages had arrived at the Walt Disney World property I called BWI to confirm they made it to the resort. No one had a CLUE as to what I was talking about… :headache: I called the next day and the next a few times. FINALLY I got all the way up to a manager for them to inform me that all USPS mail goes to the central warehouse and not directly to the resort. ONLY UPS and FedEx packages go directly to the resorts.
brick-wall-017.gif

Jenn failed to mention that I was in SeaWorld with my mom while this was happening and I am sneaking off to use the restroom to call and find out all of this is going on... talk about stressful!!! Thankful Jenn held the reins and said not to worry that she would take care of it :hug:

Jenn failed to mention that I was in SeaWorld with my mom while this was happening and I am sneaking off to use the restroom to call and find out all of this is going on... talk about stressful!!! Thankful Jenn held the reins and said not to worry that she would take care of it :hug:
I was trying to block that all out.

Remember I was battling this during a photo shoot and my phone was blowing up with calls too? :scared:

::curls into a ball and goes to my happy place::

I am definitely in on this TR! I can hardly wait to read all about the surprises you have in store! I love the Epcot resorts - we have only stayed at BWV on every visit but never BWI so I can't wait to see the room, the view and how you all loved it.
:wave:

Welcome! I'll be posting the room here soon. I was really impressed with BWI and have every intention of returning!

I love the area and the resort was VERY nice!

Oh...what a headache in deed!!! I hope that the next hiccup wasn't too bad.

Love the pictures, btw!!! I think BW is where I want dh and I to stay for our 25 year anniversary (in a couple years)
It definitely got darker before the light showed up again!

And thanks. I'm using pictures from all 3 of us. The more squarely shaped ones are from Erica's camera. MB's and mine are closer to rectangular shaped.

DH and I are throwing around the idea of going for our 10th in 4 years and yes, we'll have to take the kids, especially since that'll be DS's final year as a "child" by Disney standards.

He... yes HE... wants to go for MK's 50th in 10 years and he, yes HE, decided that we'll have to take the kids because they'll be teenagers and he'd, yes HE'D like to have the house still standing by the time we return.

I am glad your packages arrived. I know what you mean about usps. I was reading they were going to close quite a few offices. Sometimes it depends on where your shipping for the price. Cant wait for you to get more.:thumbsup2

I was unable to go to Florida for the entire trip (E and MB spent time at Universal/IOA and Sea World prior to my arrival on December 11, 2011).

Since I got the package debacle under control, I continued to freeze in Indiana while the girls arrived safely to the “other” parks. Here are a few photos from the US/IOA/SW portion of the trip where they swore they weren’t having ANY fun until I got there.

MB and E modeling some of Hogwarts’s finest robes:
IMG_7326.jpg

With the Weasley car:
IMG_7399.jpg

Playing with penguins:
IMG_7539.jpg

Hanging with the Blues Brothers:
IMG_7707.jpg

Looks like fun to me… :confused:

The girls left their hotel at US/IOA and headed for BWI and this what they checked in to:
Where they drop everyone off:
IMG_0571-00.jpg

Front door:
DSC_7297-00.jpg

Lobby:
DSC_7298-00.jpg

Gingerbread house:
DSC_7300-00.jpg

Registration – mind you they just checked in and got their KTTW cards – they never went up to the room:
DSC_7576-00.jpg

Our room prior to the decorating – MB never saw this part:
IMG_0568-00.jpg

Pretty mediocre, right?

Fun... you think that looked like fun :confused:

ok you got me.. it was :woohoo: even with crappy hair. I hate growing hair out.

Looks like the girls had a bit of fun Mickey Cheating with Harry there.

Last I checked, she's not HANGING per se... she's stuck!
stuck-tongue-044.gif

lol-045.gif

Awww Kwitch..it's spring over where you are.

There should be an un-thawing.....sometime.....popcorn::

We just need to work out which year.

This was the view outside the door of the elevators we used to get to our room.

IMG_0556-03.jpg

Boardwalk Bakery sign (where we could successfully trade CS for snack credits):

DSC_7938-03.jpg

Sunset on the Boardwalk:

IMG_8341-03.jpg

BEAUTIFUL photos kwit!!! Wow. I love that area, although my dream resort is the Beach Club. :cloud9:

1) USPS is cheaper

Totally agree with you here. People seem to give the USPS a bad rap, but I've had horrible luck with UPS (don't really use FedEx unless a company I'm buying from uses them, and then I'm on the receiving end only). I like the new "if it fits it ships" deal! You'd be amazed at what I can cram into a medium-sized box. :rotfl:

Looks like fun to me… :confused:

The girls left their hotel at US/IOA and headed for BWI and this what they checked in to:
Where they drop everyone off:
IMG_0571-00.jpg

Front door:
DSC_7297-00.jpg

Lobby:
DSC_7298-00.jpg

Gingerbread house:
DSC_7300-00.jpg

Registration – mind you they just checked in and got their KTTW cards – they never went up to the room:
DSC_7576-00.jpg

Our room prior to the decorating – MB never saw this part:
IMG_0568-00.jpg

Pretty mediocre, right?

REALLY???!!....you're leaving us hanging with THIS?!!!! :scared1:

:rotfl2:

BWI is really pretty there, all decorated for Christmas. I've only been to the World once at the holiday season, and only saw Epcot at that. Maybe someday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter