This elevator leads directly to… THE GIFT SHOP! A Dec. 2011 TR from BWI - FINAL 8-27

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by kwitcherkicken99, Mar 23, 2012.

1. kwitcherkicken99

kwitcherkicken99 <font color=deeppink>Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEI

He was supposedly an MMA fighter who needed to get to Florida for a televised fight.

Once they announced we were grounded he called his sister and moaned and complained and screamed into the phone about how terrible Indiana was and he hated the place and never wanted to see the *&%! place again, etc. Then tried to sugar coat the gate attendants. When he didn't get his way he yelled some more.

At one point, he walked away from our terminal and left his bag alone for over 25 minutes so the gate attendants called security on him for that (he went to the bar... at 8a...) then came back and complained to them that it wasn't cool them sending the cops after him.

He eventually took his bag and disappeared again then came back close to boarding and must've thrown a fit. By then, the girls at the counter had had more than enough of his shenanigans.

Way too many red flags.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

:scared1: I would say too many red flags!!! Or too much of... :rolleyes1 something to make him a bit to aggressive. Either way... glad he wasn't on your flight!

4. shocky5

shocky5 DIS Veteran

I'm here! I need to go get kids out of bed to get ready for school! But I'll be back to catch up!

5. kwitcherkicken99

[​IMG]

6. kwitcherkicken99

I ran downstairs and prayed that I’d easily find our baggage claim area. Finally found it after two trips up and two trips downstairs and waited not-so-patiently for my luggage. I opted to get my own bags as I had to pack some things in my suitcase for decoration instead of mailing it ahead – I wasn’t willing to ship 3 boxes!

I had to make a pit stop at the check in counter for ME since E still had my vouchers (we both spaced on her sending them to me from SD until it was too late). After a brief wait, I was off to the ME queue.

I missed the bus that was there for my line by two families but my wait for the next bus was pretty short.

I boarded the bus at 12:15p and waited. And waited… and waited… and waited…

I watched buses on either side of us come and go and come and go again.

Almost 25 minutes (and several panicked text messages to E) ticked by before our driver closed the under carriage, boarded the bus, and backed out of our spot. They were waiting for one family.

We were FINALLY on our way to the Happiest Property on Earth at 12:45p. Lunch was in 15 minutes…

7. DISNEYaddict4evr

DISNEYaddict4evr Now some person I don't even know reminds me there

hmmm.... r u sure about that. I pretty sure we were supposed to have been seated by this point and the hostess just told me to tell them when you arrived since I sorta mentioned you were still at the airport :headache:

8. kwitcherkicken99

I can't help if my mental television is fuzzy. :confused3

9. kwitcherkicken99

I'm going to cry.

On St. Patrick's Day my brand new 40th anniversary mug fell off the counter and the handle snapped off.

I posted on Touring Plans chat about being bummed out about it being that you can't get the mugs anymore.

I go to check the chat today and pulled up old chats because I hadn't been on there in a couple days and low and behold, someone - a complete stranger.... FOUND MY MUG AT AKL AND BOUGHT IT FOR ME!

I am completely overwhelmed at the generosity and kindness in the Disney community.

I'm a bit in shock!

10. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

That is so awesome!!! I know I have been so blessed to have found the friends I have here on dis. The kindness and generosity is amazing!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

11. DISNEYaddict4evr

DISNEYaddict4evr Now some person I don't even know reminds me there

Yep I have to agree, Jenn has even proved to me how awesome peeps are. She even had a lady get us some stuff from WDW last week and shipped it to us. Talk about super nice!

As with Jenns mug surprise I can't wait to see my F&GF mug :)

12. usnuzuloose

usnuzuloose DIS Veteran

Lets see, you are told unattended bags are subject to search. Well what did he expect? Sorry about your mug. But it was so nice someone bought you a new one.:thumbsup2

13. kwitcherkicken99

usnuz... I just looked at your ticker....

It says "Gas Bound"

Part of Daisy is covering the V and E!

:rotfl2:

14. kwitcherkicken99

KR said it should be here around Monday.

I can't wait for my package from Disney and there's nothing in it for me! :lmao: It's all for you and also a my teacher. I asked her to pick up a Grumpy mug!

I'll have another package from the World in June too. I've asked my buddy to get some Mickey Crocs for the kids.

15. LegoMom3

LegoMom3 I have just met you and I love you.

I want that as a tag!!!......:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

16. kwitcherkicken99

Hmm... that WOULD be a good one.

But I don't think I'm special enough for the TF to pay me a visit here.

17. kwitcherkicken99

E said they talked the hostess at San Angel into holding our reservation until I could get there. She walked back to BWI to meet up with me and help me set up the room. We were out of time and I couldn’t do the whole thing easily by myself. I told E to go ahead and eat without me, I’d have extra CS credits anyway, I’d just grab a bite somewhere in WS once I was done with the room.

She was having nothing to do with that. She was going to meet me in the lobby and that was the end of the discussion!

ME dropped me off at the Boardwalk Inn and I proceeded to the registration desk to get my key and our packages. The gal at the desk ended up changing our room and re-issued keys for E and me. MB would have to get a new key issued when we got out of the park at the end of the night because the CM didn’t want her to not be able to use her KTTW card for FP privileges.

We ran over to Bell Services to retrieve our packages where we were greeted by an amazingly helpful staff of Bell Hops. One helped us take all of our bags upstairs and even battled housekeeping for our packages since evidently they were too heavy for housekeeping to bring to us.

While we waited on our guardian angel, we pulled out of our suitcases what we needed to use to decorate and we also had to make a call to MB to let her know that I had arrived but there was a problem and we’d be to San Angel to meet up as soon as we could. We didn’t exactly have a problem but MB is gullible and believed something was truly holding us up. We unpacked like mad and our friend returned with our packages. We called MB again to tell her Bell Services lost her laptop bag (which they did NOT) and that we were waiting for them to locate it. She bought it hook, line, and sinker!

18. kwitcherkicken99

I know you're all waiting for pictures of the room, so in the spirit of April Fool's Day, I'll gift you TWO UPDATES!!! :goodvibes

19. kwitcherkicken99

We divided and conquered and decorated the room as quickly as we could. This is what we “threw” together over the next hour:

Front door – in the beginning there was a big Christmas tag that read, “To MB From Santa”:

[​IMG]

The couch:

[​IMG]

The TV hutch:

[​IMG]

Table between the beds:

[​IMG]

Bathroom vanity:

[​IMG]

Desk:

[​IMG]

Beds & Walls:

[​IMG]

Lattice doors (pay close attention to our “view”
    :rotfl2:):
    [​IMG]

Once we were pleased with our placing of Christmas things and rushed down the Boardwalk,

[​IMG]

through the International Gateway and on to Mexico

[​IMG]

in about 7 minutes flat.

20. pharmjenn

pharmjenn Mouseketeer

OMG your room looks awesome. I wish I had such creativity (and a chance to travel with a good friend!)

21. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

OMG, your room is amazing! I can't believe what a good job you did. The "there is no place like home" what exactly is that? It looks like the words are a part of the walls.