They took my fan!..........I can't sleep without my fan

A curiosity question... I found a battery operated fan to purchase for the cruise. However, on closer inspection the fan also has a cord. So it can be battery operated or plugged in. Should I take the cord or will it matter? Will they just take it because it is a fan (battery operated or not) or do they check them out a bit??

Also, I am thinking of just carrying on the one have now but I am curious how I am going to walk on with a fan if I couldn't have it in my checked luggage.

Sorry for all the dumb questions but I love my fan and I am just so confused :crazy2:

I can't believe no one has commented on the ...

Like... um... what were they thinking? Can you imagine it getting past security and a kid starts biking up and down the hallways?! :moped:

Maybe they thought the child could ride it when they get off the ship?:confused3

I just returned from my Disney Cruise and my plug-in fan was still in my suitcase. I was thrilled. We took my daughter's noise machine too. Listening to the ocean while ON the ocean was amazing :)

Maybe they thought the child could ride it when they get off the ship?:confused3

I am wondering if they bought it while they were on part of a longer vacation and had no other place to store it? We will be cruising next year in Alaska and flying in with Mountain Bikes for the end of our cruise. Since its a one way, we will be taking them with us on the cruise and letting the cruise line "confiscate" them til we get off the ship. Then we will mtb ride in Alaska and then fly home with them.

I just returned from my Disney Cruise and my plug-in fan was still in my suitcase. I was thrilled. We took my daughter's noise machine too. Listening to the ocean while ON the ocean was amazing :)

Can you please let us know what brand / make your fan was? Plug in or battery powered?

At the end of my cruise, I picked up my fan at the Confiscated Items table. My daughter said there was an expresso machine on the table (I didn't notice it).

Wow. I can't start my morning without coffee but I've even sacrificed bringing additional shoes (which is a major hardship for me) just so that I can keep my luggage light and as minimal as possible. I can't imagine trying to make room in my suitcase for an espresso machine. It's not like you can't get it on board.

Hi Everyone
I thread jack for a moment to explain my family's situation. We have been "that" family with items taken from us because they are prohibited. But we travel from New Zealand. Not that that gives us the excuse LOL but with children, your toy shops are absolute minefields for amazing toys for my boys - we now take a carton that is flattened that I throw all of the prohibited items into and we expect disney to remove from us. We have had a scooter fully boxed, video game consoles, remote controlled toys etc because they are SO cheap in the US compared to what we can get at home. DCL have always been amazing as I explain our situation, they check our prohibited box away for the cruise and it is ready to pick up at the end of the cruise :)
So that could be the explanation behind a bike in a box :) Not that we have done that LOL I draw the line at a scooter (Though a mickey waffle iron is on my list this year!!!!!)

Sorry to thread jack :) I can understand a boxed bike being in th prohibited items ;)

After reading this thread, I guess I was lucky, took my 20 inch box fan, in its box,put a luggage tag on it, was transported by DCL ( took the DCL bus to port Canaveral) and the box fan was the first thing that showed up at our stateroom!

After reading this thread, I guess I was lucky, took my 20 inch box fan, in its box,put a luggage tag on it, was transported by DCL ( took the DCL bus to port Canaveral) and the box fan was the first thing that showed up at our stateroom!

When was this trip? I would love to bring a box fan. I would even be willing to buy a new one and keep it in the box.

Yikes! I was really looking forward to our upcoming cruise and now I'm a bit apprehensive. DH has always slept with a fan on and we have one we always travel with a small one. Never had an issue before and seriously hoping we don't this cruise. Definitely putting it in the carry-on. Also worried about our USB charging device ... Will be a little ticked off if that is confiscated. Seems like they are going a bit overboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter