These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

You know Brenda, I seriously have to watch Streetmosphere more. It's those little things that make Disney parks so special.

You gals always get that extra special treatment. :thumbsup2

Haha, turn the car around... priceless! :lmao:

Brenda, I'm going to have to put Bo on my photo safari list just for you! ;)

Not sure if the Streetmosphere folks will be out and about during the evening private event for my October trip, but I would love to watch them. The casting director (or whatever his official title is) came driving by when we were having lunch at Fairfax Fare and spent a couple of minutes then took off. Thought it was pretty amusing but would like to see more.

The Streetmosphere people must have so much fun! Sci Fi is such a fun place. I've only been there once but I've really been wanting to go back lately! Love it.

I love the milk shakes at Sci-Fi. They let me order one as my dessert on the meal plan.

The pictures of you and your DD are wonderful and so fun.

Cake does have that side affect of inducing happiness! Make mine spice cake with cream cheese frosting!

Ohhhh we are almost the same height, you do have me beat by an inch!

Your rhinestone flip flops sound like the perfect wedding accessory.

So do you have tiny feet too? People are always amazed at my small feet! I usually wear a 6.5, but since I have had two kids, I need the width of a 7…

Spice cake! YUM!

I want to try Sci Fi, but I will wait until the girls are a little older. But the cars are just so cute! I think next trip, I'll have to at least take some pictures in that car outside! :thumbsup2

I stumbled upon your TR a few days ago and subscribed. Finally had time to start reading tonight after I got my baby boy to sleep. I just read through the first 3 days of your TR and can't wait to read the rest.

The Admiral Suite, oh my goodness that is amazing! At over 2000 square feet it is almost double the size of our house if you exclude our finished basement. And it has more bathrooms. That's crazy. What a catch 22- never wanting to leave an amazing room but outside that room is Disney World. We were upgraded to CL at AKL 2 years ago after a snafu. We loved going up to the CL in the morning and bringing breakfast back and eating on our little balcony. I bet eating breakfast in the sun room was amazing!

I had no idea about Maelstrom and the boats, I never noticed. I even read Marissa's TR and somehow missed that detail. I wish I would've absorbed that knowledge before we went to Disney last month! I just showed that to my DH and he had no idea either. When we rode it a few weeks ago it was at night, maybe I've only been on it at night?

Can't wait to read the rest!

Sci Fi has such a fun atmoshphere, but everytime we have been the service has been a miss. I don't know, maybe it's difficult for the servers to see if drinks are empty, but I never get a refill there. It's still worth it for the fun clips and the cars.

The Streetmosphere CMs are the best. :goodvibes

I love Sci Fi !! I agree that the food is just OK, but I just love the atmosphere. My kids don't really like it though. "Mommy, PLEASE don't make us go there, those movies are sooo stupid." I love it though, and will get back eventually.

Susan

Aw man, we were so close to each other on Wed! Haaha, it was our Epcot day!! Lawl.

Love the pictures once again, YC is just so amazing!

Ahahahah, I love people that aren’t afraid to be silly and have fun, usually the Streetmosphere are embarrassing people lol, wonder what they thought of that guy!

Too bad about the not so great service at Sci Fi! I’ve only eaten there once so far! I kinda want to try the burger with the hot dog on it, :rotfl2: not too sure how I actually feel about that though!

Joining in. I have to agree with others here, Sci-Fi is not one of my favorite Disney restaurants. I LOVE the atmosphere, but the service and food are never worth the prices. I'd probably only go again if I was on free dining. But you did skip the best thing they have going, they make awesome milkshakes!

Ooo - I love those street performers. There was one who reminded me of Patrick Warburton (Kronk) who dressed as a police officer who had such a good time teasing Eveie when we went with my mum. Good times!
Sorry your Sci-Fi Diner dinner was a bust. Next time will be better!

Love the pictures of you and Em in the car at Sci-Fi

Also the picture of Em in the streetmosphere characters car, well she just looks so at home in there!

The picture of you two in the car (both of them actually!) is really cute. You girls have fun together I can tell! I thought the burger at Sci Fi was quite good too. :thumbsup2

It's so much fun reading about your actual interactions with the Streetmosphere CM's (since I normally just glance from afar). And Bo looks so happy that you remembered him this time. :laughing:

As for Sci-Fi, sorry to hear about the disappointing service. At least the couple behind you was friendly and the food was relatively cheap. :)

Those Streetmosphere characters have one of the best jobs in the world!!

Ha! Yes, Bo is happy to see me! In fact, he is raising a toast to me I see! :rotfl2:

Agreed... at least the food was cheap. ;) The movie clips are cheap entertainment as well.

The streetmosphere folks are so funny! We usually watch from a considerable distance because DH Johnny doesn't want to be picked for anything! Hehehe
I wasn't a fan of the food at sci-fi last time I went in 2007, but Johnny's never been so we're giving it a go this next trip! Too bad about your waitress being off her game for your meal though, that's never fun.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Good thinking Wendy.. you get too close to those guys and you are an easy target for their antics.

If Johnny's never been to Sci Fi it should be a fun place to try. And even better you get to show off your camera skills in the low light! Just watch out for "noise" in your photos!! :lmao: (like I would know what that is!)

Great pictures from Storm-a-long Bay! It is so pretty there.

I love the street performers at DHS. They're so fun and different. It's funny what you said about the comment of being the last natural red head at DHS. My hair is about the same color. When I was college, I'd get it highlighted blonde. Then I realized many people pay to have my natural color, so I stopped.

Hi there fellow red head! My daughter wanted my color hair when she was little because she wanted to be Ariel! I wanted to be blonde but in the end I think we are both ok with what God gave us! I agree, people pay to color their hair this color so I should be happy.

Such cute pics!! You guys look so happy.

I've always wanted to check out sci fi, but I always hear bad things about the food. It looks so fun though, the old cars and weird movies.

You should try Sci Fi at least once and see if it is for you. Stick with the burgers if you are unsure, they are not entirely horrible! :thumbsup2

You know Brenda, I seriously have to watch Streetmosphere more. It's those little things that make Disney parks so special.

You gals always get that extra special treatment. :thumbsup2

Haha, turn the car around... priceless! :lmao:

Rob, I can totally picture you playing along with the Streetmosphere characters! That would be a show! :thumbsup2

It's always nice when you have seat mates at Sci-Fi that don't mind road trips. But did you notice that they sat way in the back of our pink car? Hmmmm what does that say about us??

Brenda, I'm going to have to put Bo on my photo safari list just for you! ;)

Not sure if the Streetmosphere folks will be out and about during the evening private event for my October trip, but I would love to watch them. The casting director (or whatever his official title is) came driving by when we were having lunch at Fairfax Fare and spent a couple of minutes then took off. Thought it was pretty amusing but would like to see more.

Dave, I would be honored to have Bo on your photo safari list! He's such a swell guy!

Oh, that would be so fun if the Streetmosphere characters were out. They are non-stop hilarious! You may have to watch your laughter while you are drinking something though.... :drinking1

The Streetmosphere people must have so much fun! Sci Fi is such a fun place. I've only been there once but I've really been wanting to go back lately! Love it.

Hey there Marissa! From someone who just returned from WDW I would say that you probably need to book another trip if you are craving Sci Fi!! What do they say? The cure for the Disney blues is another Disney trip! :)

I love the milk shakes at Sci-Fi. They let me order one as my dessert on the meal plan.

The pictures of you and your DD are wonderful and so fun.

Hi there!! I have never tried their milk shakes although I hear they are awesome. I'm just afraid they would fill me up and completely spoil my appetite. ;) Now if I shared one... that's a different story.

Awwww thanks!

So do you have tiny feet too? People are always amazed at my small feet! I usually wear a 6.5, but since I have had two kids, I need the width of a 7…

Spice cake! YUM!

I want to try Sci Fi, but I will wait until the girls are a little older. But the cars are just so cute! I think next trip, I'll have to at least take some pictures in that car outside! :thumbsup2

Yep... shoe size 6 or 6.5. Em and I can't share shoes since she's a 7. Darn!

Your girls would love eating in a car! It is a dark restaurant and some of the movie clips can be a little scary for little ones (I guess that depends on the kid) but it's got a great theme! There you go, get some photos in the car out front. :thumbsup2

I stumbled upon your TR a few days ago and subscribed. Finally had time to start reading tonight after I got my baby boy to sleep. I just read through the first 3 days of your TR and can't wait to read the rest.

The Admiral Suite, oh my goodness that is amazing! At over 2000 square feet it is almost double the size of our house if you exclude our finished basement. And it has more bathrooms. That's crazy. What a catch 22- never wanting to leave an amazing room but outside that room is Disney World. We were upgraded to CL at AKL 2 years ago after a snafu. We loved going up to the CL in the morning and bringing breakfast back and eating on our little balcony. I bet eating breakfast in the sun room was amazing!

I had no idea about Maelstrom and the boats, I never noticed. I even read Marissa's TR and somehow missed that detail. I wish I would've absorbed that knowledge before we went to Disney last month! I just showed that to my DH and he had no idea either. When we rode it a few weeks ago it was at night, maybe I've only been on it at night?

Can't wait to read the rest!

Hi there and thank you so much for subscribing! I'm so glad that you are here. :goodvibes

It was a pretty incredible experience to stay in that suite. It is bigger than my house too!! The sun room was nice in the morning. I love eating breakfast on the balcony too... Em preferred eating in the sunroom. (The birds had me preferring the sun room one day too!)

I'm SO GLAD that I'm not the only one who completely missed the boats making an appearance outside at Malestrom! That aha! moment was funny since I thought it was a prop and my DD said, no... that's the ride. Oh!

Thanks again for reading!

Sci Fi has such a fun atmoshphere, but everytime we have been the service has been a miss. I don't know, maybe it's difficult for the servers to see if drinks are empty, but I never get a refill there. It's still worth it for the fun clips and the cars.

The Streetmosphere CMs are the best. :goodvibes

I think I would say that we've always had mediocre service at Sci Fi - never anything horrible. I love the way you assumed innocence with the drinks... maybe it IS too dark! ;) I agree, I like the theming and the nostalgia of the drive in so we'll likely keep returning. :thumbsup2

I love Sci Fi !! I agree that the food is just OK, but I just love the atmosphere. My kids don't really like it though. "Mommy, PLEASE don't make us go there, those movies are sooo stupid." I love it though, and will get back eventually.

Susan

Hi Susan! Kids! They are so brutally honest! I guess to a kid it can lose the novelty after the first time.

Aw man, we were so close to each other on Wed! Haaha, it was our Epcot day!! Lawl.

Love the pictures once again, YC is just so amazing!

Ahahahah, I love people that aren’t afraid to be silly and have fun, usually the Streetmosphere are embarrassing people lol, wonder what they thought of that guy!

Too bad about the not so great service at Sci Fi! I’ve only eaten there once so far! I kinda want to try the burger with the hot dog on it, :rotfl2: not too sure how I actually feel about that though!

Darn!! You may show up in my photos yet! That's funny that we were in the same parks on the same days.

Ha!! Your note about what the performers thought of that singing guy... I was watching them to see what they would say since.... really, what DO you say? But they seemed to be paying attention in an exaggerated way so I don't know.

Ahhh the pic nic burger! You'll have to try that and let us know what you thought. I don't think that will be on my list to try any time soon.

Better late than never! Joining in!!! :wave2:

Hi Tracy! Thank you for joining in! You are never too late. I'm glad that you are here!! :)

Joining in. I have to agree with others here, Sci-Fi is not one of my favorite Disney restaurants. I LOVE the atmosphere, but the service and food are never worth the prices. I'd probably only go again if I was on free dining. But you did skip the best thing they have going, they make awesome milkshakes!

And welcome to you mtpelepele!!! I think we are on the same page... love the theming of Sci Fi but really, when you think that you are paying $14 for a burger - YIKES!! I would NEVER pay that at home.

Too many of you are saying that I need to try the milkshake. I would be very boring and have vanilla or strawberry... I'm plain like that! :upsidedow

Ooo - I love those street performers. There was one who reminded me of Patrick Warburton (Kronk) who dressed as a police officer who had such a good time teasing Eveie when we went with my mum. Good times!
Sorry your Sci-Fi Diner dinner was a bust. Next time will be better!

Hi Alysa! What great memories you have of those characters, your mom and DD. :goodvibes You'll never see them the same....

Love the pictures of you and Em in the car at Sci-Fi

Also the picture of Em in the streetmosphere characters car, well she just looks so at home in there!

Hi Linda! Thanks! Em really wanted a photo with that guy so she was pretty happy when he invited her to sit up in the car with him!

Wishing you a wonderful cruise my friend! Have an awesome time. :hug:

The picture of you two in the car (both of them actually!) is really cute. You girls have fun together I can tell! I thought the burger at Sci Fi was quite good too. :thumbsup2

Hey there Kelli! Aww thanks! We do have us some fun. At least we can laugh together.. makes for great memories. You have experienced that with your mom/daughter trip too!!

Ok folks I need to get another update or two out since I will be traveling to CT next week.

Good thinking Wendy.. you get too close to those guys and you are an easy target for their antics.

If Johnny's never been to Sci Fi it should be a fun place to try. And even better you get to show off your camera skills in the low light! Just watch out for "noise" in your photos!! :lmao: (like I would know what that is!)

Well you got it right! Noise shows up in low light/high ISO! :thumbsup2

Still reading. I got behind after vacation last month but all caught up now.

We have not been to Sci Fi for years now as we love Mama Melroses & 50's Prime Time. I thought it was good when we went. One thing I remember is my son Ryan ate so much & had a milkshake that he was so full when we left he thought he was going to be sick. He wasn't thank goodness but I guess he liked it too.:)

Well you got it right! Noise shows up in low light/high ISO! :thumbsup2

You are a good teacher! This pupil is paying attention! ;)

Still reading. I got behind after vacation last month but all caught up now.

We have not been to Sci Fi for years now as we love Mama Melroses & 50's Prime Time. I thought it was good when we went. One thing I remember is my son Ryan ate so much & had a milkshake that he was so full when we left he thought he was going to be sick. He wasn't thank goodness but I guess he liked it too.:)

Hi Doreen! Darn those vacations messing with your DisBoards time!!

I'm a 50s PT lover as well, not so much for the food but I love the nostalgia. Mama Melrose we haven't been to in 3 years, I liked it but it's just been overlooked. Thank goodness your son didn't erupt after all that food! Poor guy!

Wed. February 27, 2013: Day 5, Part 5

After lunch we thought we'd check the stand-by line for Toy Story Mania but it was just under an hour so we passed once more. Instead we went to the Streets of America to have some fun. I have never paid attention to the city-scape sound-track that is played. Trucks, buses, and cars, it was all so fascinating. They need to pipe in some city smells like truck exhaust and garbage - that would be authentic!

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

Next up, one of our favorite attractions anywhere... Muppet Vision 3D! There are way too many signs and eye candy in this attraction. And I didn't even know about the key under the mat at the time. Once inside the theater Statler and Waldorf did a fine job heckling the audience. But the main attraction with Miss Piggy, Kermit, Bean, Fozzie Bear and Sweetums is classic!! The 3D glasses just make it all the better. Ok, in reality, the 3D glasses make it so you can follow along. Go ahead and try to watch the show without the glasses.

DSC00940.jpg

This is not a door!
DSC00944.jpg

After we had watched the back of the theater explode, we moved on to cooler climates. Actually, the day was finally warming up so I had to shed a layer. (The temps mid day were 76-77 degrees!)

Just wait, before the week is out the temps will drop so that you would think it could snow!
DSC00950.jpg

We walked back over to Hollywood and Sunset and I just happened to notice the map of the lines of the Union Pacific Railroad&. It has a map of our home town! Theres our city right by the beach! We are on a map at DHS! How cool.

DSC00956.jpg

Zooming in to the California Coast
DSC00957.jpg

Where were we headed?? Only one of the BEST rides at WDW! None other than the Hollywood Tower Hotel! I need the Disers to help me here....why does the park map say The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror but the attraction says Hollywood Tower Hotel? One of lifes mysteries.

DSC00969.jpg

Needless to say, we survived being transported to another dimension. Side note: This version is so much better compared to Disneys California Adventure! This version has the track that takes your ride vehicle to the drop tower. California's version is shorter. Second side note: Em hated this ride when it first opened in 2004. I took her on back-to-back rides when she was 8 years old. I must not have noticed that she was terrified after the first go-round when I took us back to do it again since there was no line. Bad Brenda! I think she finally forgave me around 2008!

Do we look scared to you?
39cc7e74-690f-4da6-a112-72ea92540caa.jpg

Next up, the I-Cant-Help-but-sing-and-dance-along to the Pixar Pals street parade. I dont wanna work& I just wanna play all day!! How did they know how I feel? Although strangely enough it made me think of work back home. Hmmm...how many emails were in my in-box? How many meetings had been loaded on my calendar? I had to mentally shake it off and move back into vacation mode! Now where were we? Oh yes& I dont wanna work... I just wanna play all day!

DSC00994.jpg

Ants are running lose!
DSC00996.jpg

By 3:30 we had had enough fun for the afternoon such lightweights, I know. We wanted to check into BLT and see our fabulous lake-view room.

Departure photo​
DSC00999.jpg

Continued Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter