These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

LOL. I found the bird story funny. Sorry.
Nice pics from Disneyland.
It had to be hard moving out of that room.
Storm Along Bay is the best pool. Love it.
Your paper with the list looks like mine but I use Google docs and keep it on my phone.
I am all caught up again.

Thanks Cynthia! The hat was just on her head for the photo... she thought it was picture worthy!

:rotfl2: Forgive me but for some reason, that's what I now associate with your last day at AKL. ;) Oh my.... so how were those chicken pita sandwiches from the Mara?

I think it's a riot!!!

Those sandwiches were outstanding!!

Hi Kelli! Thanks, I look forward to showing off the dress in August (see aforementioned disclaimer if I don't start running more!)

I'm glad you asked about my spreadsheet. I can email you a template if you want, just PM me your email and I'd be glad to share. But in general, I construct our days based on what park we will play in and our dining plans.

The parks are all color coded throughout the spreadsheet.
The TS dining meals are all color coded one color - green for regular and purple for Signature which means we need to dress a little nicer.
At the bottom of each day I have the park hours and if there are EMH that day and where.

And that's only 1 worksheet... I also have separate worksheets for other travel plans such as airfare, hotels, activities and packing lists. :crazy2:

I realize that is WAY more information than you bargained for!!

Thank you, thank you! I will PM you right now. :goodvibes

You are forgiven Christen!! You forgot Mother's Day for May! :flower3:

Ha! That's right, next time I clean out my closet, look for a package! You may have to adjust the hem lines since it is very likely that you are taller than me!

Oh yes! Mother's Day! And if you throw in my anniversary on June 3, it's just 6 weeks of celebrations and cake! :thumbsup2 NOT the way to start the bathing suit season- but we're a bunch of happy people! :rotfl2:

Oh and good news, I'm short too! I'm 5'3". In fact, I'm so short that I decided to skip the heels all together for my wedding gown and just wore flops. If I had to have the thing chopped off anyway, I might as well be comfortable! So, I wore rhinestone flip flops under my pouffy wedding dress! :goodvibes

A little late, but joining in! I'll try not to completely bombard you with my late comments ;)

So, my day one thoughts:

How conveniant the air port so is close! We have to drive almost an hour :headache:

Love your curbside pic- you guys look pumped to go! Might have been funny if you snapped a curb side pic of your DH :rotfl2:

New plane- woohoo! Isn't that strange about the whole picture thing? I suppose it kind of makes sense though.

How nice of them to comp your meals on behalf of your son! What a nice, and well deserved bit of magic!

That was nice of you to explain to the other passengers what happened. It was even nicer (and easier) for Disney to take to you to the proper resort without a switch!

How fun that the front desk guy snapped your picture for you. Love it!

Love that you guys dressed up a little bit for Jiko! Both your outfits are so classy, and the colors look great with all the African decor!

Thoughts on day two:

Love the decor in Boma! Breakfast looked like it was tasty.

So many cute Zebra and Giraffe pictures! Looks like it was worth a detour from the touring plans. Sometimes even the best laid plans are hard to stick to in the World :rotfl:

Love your outfit, Brenda! Comfy and cute!

Bummer that you didn't get to see your AK PP pictures! Its nice that you seemed to have laughed it off, though. After all, mistakes happen, and as you said, I'm sure someone was pretty surprised to see you guys at AK instead of themselves!

Very cute pictures with Pooh and Tigger! That was one of my favorite character greets on our last trip!

OH MY GOODNESS! You must have been so confused as to what they were all talking about! I couldn't watch your video but I have to imagine you guys were floored! What a once in a lifetime upgrade!! Love all the pictures you shared. I can't even imagine how awesome it was to stay there!

All your NFL pictures came out great! I love the way the lights make everything look a little fancier :goodvibes

On to day three:

I love the street performers in DHS. I think if I could choose any job in WDW, that might be my top pick. They just seem like they have so much fun! I love the costumes, too!

I personally don't mind when Prime Time servers are light on the antics. Some of the intense ones make me a little nervous! The fried chicken is tasty, isn't it?!

Again- I love that you guys got all dolled up for your meal. So classy!

That's so cool that you got to see Ricky again! Very nice of him to give Em the menu, too!

Right as we were floating to the 'outside' part of the ride a big boom from Illuminations went off with some red sparks. Very cool, but a little startling!

The sand on the beach looks so nice. What a nice way to end a Disney day!

On to day four! Almost caught up with you! :goodvibes

I don't think I could have resisted the danish either. After all, there are no calories on vacation...right? :thumbsup2

The Ellen ride is funny, and is definitely worth a spin. That being said, I don't know that I'd ride every trip as 45 minutes is a pretty big chunk of time for a science lesson (even if presented by the ever hilarious Ellen!)

Very nice of them to offer you towels (even if they were tiny!)

Did you cover your row-mates face our of privacy or were they doing something not-so-nice under that little bubble? :rotfl:

Nice touch on the dinner photo bomber! :rotfl:

That's a bummer that your ADR didn't pan out but I'm glad you were able to get in anyways. I'd like to try Raglan Road on my next trip so it was nice to see your pictures. Seems like a fun atmosphere!

And, finally caught up with your day five updates!

Dave does the greatest photos, doesn't he?! Love your early morning shots! The rippled clouds are beautiful and were definitely worth your early morning! (I suppose that's easy for me to say as I sit on my couch in the middle of the afternoon, haha!)

A scale?! HA! A nice touch though I can't imagine any vacationer in their right mind is so keen to jump on that!

SAB looks great!

Random side question: Did you switch keys every time you switched resorts or could they transfer the resort information to your card? I'm almost thinking they would have made you switch but you never know what Disney can do these days!

Can't wait to read more from you!

Popping on in after seeing the link in your siggie - just read the big reveal. Wow! That's so great how you had no idea what was going on and thought the CMs had their terminology mixed up. :laughing: Probably would've thought the same thing.

I finally made it over and have lots of catching up to do. The story behnd your signature photo is very sweet. :goodvibes What a special afternoon indeed.

Just joining in! I love mother/daughter trips- my Mom and I are going for July 4th!

Congratulations on the Admiral Suite!!! I was always wondering what exactly was behind those porthole windows! Also, I love your color coded "master plan" print out- I also bring along laminated itineraries w/ park hour grids and pull a Danny Tanner by handing out copies to everyone who proceed to scoff at me- but we always wind up consulting the itineraries multiple times throughout the trip! :rolleyes:

Hi there and thanks so much for joining!!! I'm so glad you are here.

Glad I could solve that mystery of the room behind the windows for you! Really it was my pleasure! :)

Ahhhh a Danny Tanner reference, that is awesome. I have a bit of Danny in me since I can relate to his OCD cleaning and organization. See, those who mock will not have the last laugh! ;)

Caught up! I'm so glad yall got to experience that suite!

Hi Marissa! Welcome back!!! I followed along with your Tweets for your trip.:)

LOL. I found the bird story funny. Sorry.
Nice pics from Disneyland.
It had to be hard moving out of that room.
Storm Along Bay is the best pool. Love it.
Your paper with the list looks like mine but I use Google docs and keep it on my phone.
I am all caught up again.

Hey Scott - welcome back from Aruba! Yeah, SAB is sweet. Hopefully next trip I can don my bikini and clear the pool area so we'll have it to our selves. :lmao:

I keep learning new things from you... I'm adding google docs to the list. I see that it is spreadsheet application without all the bells and whistles of a Microsoft product. This stores the data in the cloud?? I'll have to play with it more but I love the option of not having paper if I can re-create this and store it in an electronic format. :thumbsup2

I think it's a riot!!!

Those sandwiches were outstanding!!

:)

Just want to say again that I'm really enjoying your TR!:)

Hi Teresa! Thank you very much!!

Thank you, thank you! I will PM you right now. :goodvibes

Glad you asked. Ha! Now I'm considering abandoning the paper version.... reference Scott's helpful hint above.

Oh yes! Mother's Day! And if you throw in my anniversary on June 3, it's just 6 weeks of celebrations and cake! :thumbsup2 NOT the way to start the bathing suit season- but we're a bunch of happy people! :rotfl2:

Oh and good news, I'm short too! I'm 5'3". In fact, I'm so short that I decided to skip the heels all together for my wedding gown and just wore flops. If I had to have the thing chopped off anyway, I might as well be comfortable! So, I wore rhinestone flip flops under my pouffy wedding dress! :goodvibes

Cake does have that side affect of inducing happiness! Make mine spice cake with cream cheese frosting!

Ohhhh we are almost the same height, you do have me beat by an inch!

Your rhinestone flip flops sound like the perfect wedding accessory.

A little late, but joining in! I'll try not to completely bombard you with my late comments ;)

So, my day one thoughts:

How conveniant the air port so is close! We have to drive almost an hour :headache:

It's good we live close, it's not so good that we are in the flight path = noise :crazy2:

Love your curbside pic- you guys look pumped to go! Might have been funny if you snapped a curb side pic of your DH :rotfl2:

New plane- woohoo! Isn't that strange about the whole picture thing? I suppose it kind of makes sense though.

How nice of them to comp your meals on behalf of your son! What a nice, and well deserved bit of magic!

Such a nice gesture!

That was nice of you to explain to the other passengers what happened. It was even nicer (and easier) for Disney to take to you to the proper resort without a switch!

How fun that the front desk guy snapped your picture for you. Love it!

Love that you guys dressed up a little bit for Jiko! Both your outfits are so classy, and the colors look great with all the African decor!

Thank you!
Wow!!! You really did get caught up! I'm honored that you are here and reading along. I'm glad you are here!!

Thoughts on day two:

Love the decor in Boma! Breakfast looked like it was tasty.

So many cute Zebra and Giraffe pictures! Looks like it was worth a detour from the touring plans. Sometimes even the best laid plans are hard to stick to in the World :rotfl:

I agree! We hadn't ventured outside the lodge before and since we were staying there... well, it just made sense.

Love your outfit, Brenda! Comfy and cute!

Thanks!

Bummer that you didn't get to see your AK PP pictures! Its nice that you seemed to have laughed it off, though. After all, mistakes happen, and as you said, I'm sure someone was pretty surprised to see you guys at AK instead of themselves!

ha! I'm sure they said the same thing we did... who ARE these people in our photos??

Very cute pictures with Pooh and Tigger! That was one of my favorite character greets on our last trip!

OH MY GOODNESS! You must have been so confused as to what they were all talking about! I couldn't watch your video but I have to imagine you guys were floored! What a once in a lifetime upgrade!! Love all the pictures you shared. I can't even imagine how awesome it was to stay there!

It was incredible!

All your NFL pictures came out great! I love the way the lights make everything look a little fancier :goodvibes

On to day three:

I love the street performers in DHS. I think if I could choose any job in WDW, that might be my top pick. They just seem like they have so much fun! I love the costumes, too!

I personally don't mind when Prime Time servers are light on the antics. Some of the intense ones make me a little nervous! The fried chicken is tasty, isn't it?!

We've seen PT servers that take hats and cameras from guests and place them in "time out" so good thing we were on our best behavior.
Again- I love that you guys got all dolled up for your meal. So classy!

Thanks!

That's so cool that you got to see Ricky again! Very nice of him to give Em the menu, too!

Right as we were floating to the 'outside' part of the ride a big boom from Illuminations went off with some red sparks. Very cool, but a little startling!

The sand on the beach looks so nice. What a nice way to end a Disney day!

On to day four! Almost caught up with you! :goodvibes

I don't think I could have resisted the danish either. After all, there are no calories on vacation...right? :thumbsup2

Definitely! :thumbsup2

The Ellen ride is funny, and is definitely worth a spin. That being said, I don't know that I'd ride every trip as 45 minutes is a pretty big chunk of time for a science lesson (even if presented by the ever hilarious Ellen!)

After never seeing it we went on it twice. But it makes for a great attraction if you need a nap! I do love Ellen.

Very nice of them to offer you towels (even if they were tiny!)

Did you cover your row-mates face our of privacy or were they doing something not-so-nice under that little bubble? :rotfl:

Nope, I just wanted to extract a small measure of revenge! So juvenile!

Nice touch on the dinner photo bomber! :rotfl:

That's a bummer that your ADR didn't pan out but I'm glad you were able to get in anyways. I'd like to try Raglan Road on my next trip so it was nice to see your pictures. Seems like a fun atmosphere!

And, finally caught up with your day five updates!

Dave does the greatest photos, doesn't he?! Love your early morning shots! The rippled clouds are beautiful and were definitely worth your early morning! (I suppose that's easy for me to say as I sit on my couch in the middle of the afternoon, haha!)

A scale?! HA! A nice touch though I can't imagine any vacationer in their right mind is so keen to jump on that!

SAB looks great!

Random side question: Did you switch keys every time you switched resorts or could they transfer the resort information to your card? I'm almost thinking they would have made you switch but you never know what Disney can do these days!

Can't wait to read more from you!

Good question about the keys, I didn't even think about that being an issue.... we have APs so we keep our room keys separate from our APs. Since our APs are for CA and Florida we can't add them to anything.

Thanks again for reading, and reading, and reading some more! :upsidedow

Popping on in after seeing the link in your siggie - just read the big reveal. Wow! That's so great how you had no idea what was going on and thought the CMs had their terminology mixed up. :laughing: Probably would've thought the same thing.

Hi there Blake! Thanks for hopping over and reading - I'm so glad that you are here!

I have to confess that I peeked at your blog so I have a preview of what is to come from your 24 hr adventure!! What an epic day!

For our check in at YC, just goes to show I shouldn't be such a smarty pants... look how wrong I was!! :lmao: We were incredibly blessed to have that experience.

I finally made it over and have lots of catching up to do. The story behnd your signature photo is very sweet. :goodvibes What a special afternoon indeed.

Hi Jenny!! Thank you so much. It was a very cool afternoon. But heck, you and your family have had some amazingly awesome magic with the special
"club" experiences. ;) My goodness you and your family are like rock stars.

Wednesday February 27, 2013: Day 5, Part 4

Photo0092FourBySix.jpg

This time around I did not ignore Bo!

DSC00841.jpg

And we did not pass up any photopass photographer!

Photo0093FourBySix.jpg

Photo0094FourBySix.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

The Streetmosphere CMs were hilarious as always. There was a guy who came up to the Mel Brooks type dude and started singing. He didn't just sing a line or two but an entire song. His wife was just standing there saying he does this all the time. He was an interesting fellow who was certainly enjoying himself!

Em wanted to pose with this duo so Mr. Pseudo Mel Brooks invited her to sit in the car with him how very nice! You can see that Em liked that. I liked when they complimented this old lady and told me I couldn't possibly have a 30 year old....yeah, just don't look so closely. You flatter me! The guy gave Em his business card I don't recall his name. I need to see that card because now I'm curious.

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

We moved on to the next entertaining street troupe who were one up-ing each other in trying to solve crimes. This dude came up to me and said he found the last natural red-head in Hollywood. How did he know?? They were so fun to watch but we had to head to our lunch reservation at Sci-Fi.

DSC00867.jpg

When we checked in at Sci Fi we recognized Barry, the CM that is the car hop host guy. This time he wasn't wearing his roller skates. I asked what happened to them and he said that they were going to make him wear pads and a helmet for safety reasons so he decided that wasn't for him thus the normal foot-wear. Barry was kind enough to be our personal photographer see, there we are in the car out front!

DSC00871.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

We were seated in the front of our car and another couple was seated behind us not too long after. We told them to behave back there or we were going to turn the car around and go home! They laughed whether from humor or just because they didn't know what to do with us but we made friends quickly.

We've seen that pose somewhere!
DSC00877.jpg

Seeing as how we had eaten not that long ago, we decided to split a burger what a surprise. I think the last two times we've eaten here we've done that. I'm not a huge fan of the rest of their menu and yes, I've had more than a burger but I didn't like the Reuben sandwich. Love the fries though. Dessert is just meh... I haven't ordered anything for dessert at Sci Fi since we went the first time in 2010.

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

Shared burger with fries

DSC00908.jpg

Our servers name I won't mention since I don't name anyone that provided less than stellar service since it may have just been a rare lapse for them. Today, it seemed that she was off her Sci Fi game. Too bad for us! No refills and don't even think about dessert! This was probably the cheapest meal all week at a whopping $18 with tip and using TiW.

DSC00918.jpg

Yes, well likely be back since I love the theming especially the movie clip with the Colossal Man that cries out, I don't want to grow no more! Poor guy, he's tormented! At least he keeps finding big enough towels to use as clothing!

DSC00898.jpg

Continued next post

It's so much fun reading about your actual interactions with the Streetmosphere CM's (since I normally just glance from afar). And Bo looks so happy that you remembered him this time. :laughing:

As for Sci-Fi, sorry to hear about the disappointing service. At least the couple behind you was friendly and the food was relatively cheap. :)

The streetmosphere folks are so funny! We usually watch from a considerable distance because DH Johnny doesn't want to be picked for anything! Hehehe
I wasn't a fan of the food at sci-fi last time I went in 2007, but Johnny's never been so we're giving it a go this next trip! Too bad about your waitress being off her game for your meal though, that's never fun.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Great pictures from Storm-a-long Bay! It is so pretty there.

I love the street performers at DHS. They're so fun and different. It's funny what you said about the comment of being the last natural red head at DHS. My hair is about the same color. When I was college, I'd get it highlighted blonde. Then I realized many people pay to have my natural color, so I stopped.

Such cute pics!! You guys look so happy.

I've always wanted to check out sci fi, but I always hear bad things about the food. It looks so fun though, the old cars and weird movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter