There's A Snake In My Boot!!!! PTR April 24th-May 1, 2010 (Trip Report Started!!)

Hey Beth! Great Birthday pictures - looks like you all had a blast! Bowling looks really fun - I want to take our kids sometime soon, they've never been bowling (I haven't bowled since high school)! I love the kids birthday too, they are always a lot of fun - plus I love the planning!! :)

Hey Beth! Great Birthday pictures - looks like you all had a blast! Bowling looks really fun - I want to take our kids sometime soon, they've never been bowling (I haven't bowled since high school)! I love the kids birthday too, they are always a lot of fun - plus I love the planning!! :)

Thanks Karen! Bowling is a lot of fun and I am sure you kiddos will love it! I was pleasantly surprised when we took Gabe for the first time last year after he turned 4, and he LOVED it! My husband is a big time bowler, a champ in some leagues in WI back when he was a kid! It's a great family activity and most bowling alleys have some great deals during the week!:goodvibes

Hello everyone!!!! As I am sitting here I am freeeeeezing! The temp is only 6 above right now but with the wind chill feels like -3 below!!!! I am looking forward to the 18 degree high on Sunday...:upsidedow

I wish I was enjoying the warmth in Florida right now (maybe with a Pina Colada:lovestruc) lounging by the pool...:cool2:, I guess only 86 days and that can be my reality!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of reality, are any of my readers fans of the Real Housewives of Orange County?? That's one of my favorite shows and it's on tonight! Maybe I can feel warm by the fireplace and drink hot chocolate (with Bailey's) and enjoy the show! I love all the cat-fights and crazy lives these women have!

I have a quick question too...anyone have any reviews of the T-Rex restaurant in DTD?? I am thinking of dropping Raglan Road ADR and making one of the T-Rex. We can eat at Rainforest Cafe here at the Mall of America so I wanted to try something new!! THANKS ALL!!

I just started watching Real Houswives recently. Those women are witches!!! (of course I made what I wanted to say alittle nicer;) )

I just started watching Real Houswives recently. Those women are witches!!! (of course I made what I wanted to say alittle nicer;) )

Totally agree!!! How nice of you to call them "witches";);) The show is so addicting for me for some reason, I think it's the actuality that people really live like this!

Sorry I've been away from your report. My son's birthday was this past week-end. Wish I shared your excitement - it always seems like work to me. But when it's over and they've all had fun, then I enjoy it too!

Your son is soo cute and his party looked like a lot of fun!!:thumbsup2 My (now) 6 year old went to a bowling party in the fall and it was fantastic!

I'm interested in the T. Rex responses too. I was also considering T. Rex vs. Raglan Road. So many DISers love Raglan, but I really think my boys would like T. Rex. I just hope it's not TOO noisy.

Hello everyone!!!! As I am sitting here I am freeeeeezing! The temp is only 6 above right now but with the wind chill feels like -3 below!!!! I am looking forward to the 18 degree high on Sunday...:upsidedow

I wish I was enjoying the warmth in Florida right now (maybe with a Pina Colada:lovestruc) lounging by the pool...:cool2:, I guess only 86 days and that can be my reality!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of reality, are any of my readers fans of the Real Housewives of Orange County?? That's one of my favorite shows and it's on tonight! Maybe I can feel warm by the fireplace and drink hot chocolate (with Bailey's) and enjoy the show! I love all the cat-fights and crazy lives these women have!

I have a quick question too...anyone have any reviews of the T-Rex restaurant in DTD?? I am thinking of dropping Raglan Road ADR and making one of the T-Rex. We can eat at Rainforest Cafe here at the Mall of America so I wanted to try something new!! THANKS ALL!!
I just found your PTR today and am all caught up! Great start! Cute Title too....I was afraid there really was 'a snake in your boot'!! During our last trip to AK my DH stepped on a snake....I about flipped out! :)

We ate at T-Rex during our last trip...it was great! Very cool inside w/all the dinos and such...we also enjoyed the food! My DS was 7 and DD was 2...neither had a problem with the noise or 'storms'. We loved it!

I love watching Real Housewives too!!

I feel your pain Beth! We had a high of 6 degrees here and wind chills of -25 today - it's been horrible! I too have been freezing all day - walking around wrapped in a fleece blanket (I SO need a Snuggie) and drinking hot chocolate and cappuccino all day to try to stay warm! I think we have the draftiest house ever, it always feels cold in here!

People have told me I crazy to go to Florida in August but I'd take that heat over this frigid weather any day!

Sorry I've been away from your report. My son's birthday was this past week-end. Wish I shared your excitement - it always seems like work to me. But when it's over and they've all had fun, then I enjoy it too!

Your son is soo cute and his party looked like a lot of fun!!:thumbsup2 My (now) 6 year old went to a bowling party in the fall and it was fantastic!

I'm interested in the T. Rex responses too. I was also considering T. Rex vs. Raglan Road. So many DISers love Raglan, but I really think my boys would like T. Rex. I just hope it's not TOO noisy.
Hi Nancy!! Glad you got through your son's birthday! And I totally agree that it's a lot of work! It's a lot of fun but I was ready to take a nap after the party and do nothing for the rest of the day!

DH and I ate at Raglan back in 2005, we liked it a lot, but the more we are thinking about it, I would rather just do something like Earl of Sandwich or T-Rex because I think the kids would enjoy those choices better! Let me know what you decide!!
I just found your PTR today and am all caught up! Great start! Cute Title too....I was afraid there really was 'a snake in your boot'!! During our last trip to AK my DH stepped on a snake....I about flipped out! :)

We ate at T-Rex during our last trip...it was great! Very cool inside w/all the dinos and such...we also enjoyed the food! My DS was 7 and DD was 2...neither had a problem with the noise or 'storms'. We loved it!

I love watching Real Housewives too!!

Hi Heather! Glad we can both read each of our TR!! No, no real snake in my boot, THANK GOODNESS!!! :scared1: I would freak out if there was one in my boot or if I were to step on one!! :scared1:

Thanks for your thoughts on T-Rex! It looks like a fun place, and I was showing Gabe some pictures from it and he said, "sweet"! Which is his new favorite phrase! Glad to know the scenery was cool as was the food, sometimes you get stuck at a place with great scenery but bad food!

Did you watch Housewives last night?? What a crazy episode!!

I feel your pain Beth! We had a high of 6 degrees here and wind chills of -25 today - it's been horrible! I too have been freezing all day - walking around wrapped in a fleece blanket (I SO need a Snuggie) and drinking hot chocolate and cappuccino all day to try to stay warm! I think we have the draftiest house ever, it always feels cold in here!

People have told me I crazy to go to Florida in August but I'd take that heat over this frigid weather any day!

I don't believe you are crazy Karen to want the heat! I completely agree that I would rather be hot than cold! This winter weather is so not fun, especially taking the kids places and having to bundle them up every time you walk out the door! I also don't like having to warm the car up before I can drive it!!!! Spring can't come fast enough for me!!!

I missed Housewives but it is DVR'ed.

Glad your DS thought T-Rex was "sweet"!! :lmao:
It was really cool!

It was a good "drama-filled" episode Heather!!! I canceled our Raglan Road reservation, we are trying to decide whether to make another one for T-Rex or just play that evening by ear, it will be our first full day at Disney, so we may go easy, I am so glad to know if we chose T-Rex that it will be a hit with our kiddos!!!

Another Trip Flashback...

DH and I went to Disney for our first trip there together December 1st-5th of 2005. Gabe was almost one and had a great time at "Granparents World":goodvibes We had a great time, we flew into MCO at about 5pm Thursday and stayed at PO-Riverside. We ate at Raglan Road for dinner that night, we just walked up, and then indulged in Ghiradelli treats for dessert! We did 3 day PH and flew back home Monday morning! It was a quick trip but we sure had a lot of fun together and toured and saw a lot!!! It was fun to see it all decorated for the Holidays!!:santa:

DSC02174.jpg

Outside our room:
a410704a.jpg

What a nice pose by DH:
4df86154.jpg

I must pose too!
DSC02231.jpg

Beautiful Magic Kingdom Tree:
DSC02154.jpg

DH by the gorgeous poinsettias!
DSC02157.jpg

Great flashback update! I would love to visit WDW with all the holiday decorations out! :santa:

YAY!! Another trip flashback!!

Great pictures!! It looks like you had a fun trip!! I would love to do that with DH!:thumbsup2

All the decorations look so pretty. We've never visited during the holidays before....hoping to in 2012.

It was a good "drama-filled" episode Heather!!! I canceled our Raglan Road reservation, we are trying to decide whether to make another one for T-Rex or just play that evening by ear, it will be our first full day at Disney, so we may go easy, I am so glad to know if we chose T-Rex that it will be a hit with our kiddos!!!

Maybe I can watch Housewives tomorrow!!??!! I also have The Bachelor to watch too from tonight.

When we were there on 4th of July we did not have an ADR for T-Rex..just did a walk up and were able to get in..with a little wait but not too bad...surprising for being the 4th IMO.

Great "pose" pics! ;)
I so want to go to WDW during the Christmas Season!
I am going to try a quick trip to WDW in April 2011 hopefully for our 10 yr Anniversary....if I can pull it off..just me and DH. We will see...keeping the fingers crossed!

Great flashback update! I would love to visit WDW with all the holiday decorations out! :santa:

Thanks Amy, it was beautiful! We were in the MK on the day they were taping the parade (luckily the rest of the park had low crowds). All the park trees were breathtaking! I was not a member of the DIS yet, so we missed out on a lot, importantly the Osbourne Lights! I would love to go back during the Holiday season again!!

YAY!! Another trip flashback!!

Great pictures!! It looks like you had a fun trip!! I would love to do that with DH!:thumbsup2

All the decorations look so pretty. We've never visited during the holidays before....hoping to in 2012.

Thanks Angie! It was so nice to visit with just DH. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed the beautiful decorations! We were able to hit a lot of attractions and enjoy a few holiday extras! Everything is so classy at Disney and just wonderful! I would love to take the kids and do Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! It would be so fun!!

Maybe I can watch Housewives tomorrow!!??!! I also have The Bachelor to watch too from tonight.

When we were there on 4th of July we did not have an ADR for T-Rex..just did a walk up and were able to get in..with a little wait but not too bad...surprising for being the 4th IMO.

Great "pose" pics! ;)
I so want to go to WDW during the Christmas Season!
I am going to try a quick trip to WDW in April 2011 hopefully for our 10 yr Anniversary....if I can pull it off..just me and DH. We will see...keeping the fingers crossed!

Thanks Heather, pictures are so fun to look back at!! We celebrate our 10 year anniversary next year too! Not until August though, I would love another get-away to WDW and stay at Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk Inn or the Polynesian! :lovestruc

I am going to be typing in a different color because I think it's cool~goofy I know but I like reading other TR when people do this...Okay so I am trying to get a little more detailed on our daily plans as we are only 81 days out...I am soooooooooooooo excited to say that!!!!:cool1::cool1:

Our arrival day is pretty simple. Our flight gets in at about 2:30pm, grab a snack, hop on ME, and I hope to be at POFQ checking in by 4:00pm. I am sure we will get our rooms right away and I have plans to do on-line check-in!! Anyone's experience/advice with this would be great:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I am thinking we will just enjoy the pool (as long as the weather is cooperating) and then just grab dinner in the food court. Early to bed and I am planning on a Garden Grocer delivery sometime this evening too and unpack! It will be an interesting afternoon if little Miss Helen doesn't get a nap!!

I need to be reminded, when does our ME tags come in the mail??

Our arrival day is pretty simple. Our flight gets in at about 2:30pm, grab a snack, hop on ME, and I hope to be at POFQ checking in by 4:00pm. I am sure we will get our rooms right away and I have plans to do on-line check-in!! Anyone's experience/advice with this would be great:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We did online check-in for our last trip and it was AMAZING! We just walked right up to the desk, got our folder of info. and KTTW cards from the CM, and were on our way!

We did online check-in for our last trip and it was AMAZING! We just walked right up to the desk, got our folder of info. and KTTW cards from the CM, and were on our way!

Awesome!!! Thanks for the info DisneyCrafter, nice to have another Midwest resident reading!!! Glad to know it was as smooth as it sounds!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter