There's A Snake In My Boot!!!! PTR April 24th-May 1, 2010 (Trip Report Started!!)

Yay for booked flights! :banana:

Double yay for direct flights!! :banana::banana:

Triple yay for booking fights with miles!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks for sharing the photos - your DS is a cutie!

Thanks for all the :banana: Amy! Once we booked our flights the trip seems even more "real"!! I am soooooooooo happy about our flight times too, we don't have to get up before the sun either mornings!
I can't believe how little Gabe was when we went in 2007, he had just turned 2 and the trip was so Magical for all of us! He turns 5 tomorrow, he grew up way too fast!

Your kids are just too cute:cutie:

Can't wait to read more of your report!

Thanks disneylovin!!! Glad you are reading along!!! I see you don't have long to wait until your trip, you will have to let me know how wonderful BLT is!! Its looks so nice, I would love to stay there someday!!

Some more planning details...

I had forgot to mention that for this trip, I booked our package with Magical Vacations! Last two trips I used Small World Vacations and thought this time I would share the love. Small World and Magical Vacations have been both great to work with and we have been happy with both! If you need an agent with Magical, Michele is awesome and easy to get in contact with and she is right on top of everything for our vacation!! She's super!!:thumbsup2

Thanks to the lovely DIS, I have also stashed away some extra spending money from tips from people over at the Budget Board!! I have been saving $1 bills for a few months and now have PLENTY of tip money for ME, Mousekeeping, and others...I am also keeping change and I am happy to say that my bucket in over 75% full!!! Still 3 months to go too!!!

Here's my saving bucket:
DSC00398.jpg

I am also doing Sunshine Rewards and have $75 Disney giftcard saved, hopefully I can get it up to $100 before we go!!

And, I have a Disney Visa and once I pay for the trip we will have $300+ to spend mostly on food!! Not too shabby!!

Any more good quick savings tips???

My Gabe turned 5 today! Such a big boy, where does the time go?? I still remember bringing my boy home 5 years ago...
Here he is January 2005:
DSC01260.jpg

And Now:
DSC00036.jpg

Busy day today, big first "friends" bowling party on Saturday!!! He's convinced he grew overnight last night.;) Hopefully tomorrow I can get an update on the kids goody bags for our trip!!!

Happy Birthday Gabe!!

oh...what a cute boy! They do grow up so fast! A few months and you'll be sending him off to Kindergarten! My oldest stared in fall and it was very bittersweet - I was so happy and proud of him (he was so excited to go) and sad that he wasn't going to be home with mommy anymore. Hope Gabe has a great party! Post some party pix if you get a chance!

Are you all flying out of MKE??

Yeah, we're planning to - can't book flights until March 23rd through Southwest, so I have it on the calendar that day to book them! We haven't flown since 2001, so we don't do miles or anything, so we knew the flights would cost us. Cost to fly out of Green Bay was just outrageous - WAY cheaper on SW - makes the drive to MKE tolerable to save several hundred bucks!

:cake: Happy Birthday Gabe!! :bday:

Thanks Amy!! He had a great birthday and tells anyone he runs into that he is 5!!

Happy Birthday Gabe!!

oh...what a cute boy! They do grow up so fast! A few months and you'll be sending him off to Kindergarten! My oldest stared in fall and it was very bittersweet - I was so happy and proud of him (he was so excited to go) and sad that he wasn't going to be home with mommy anymore. Hope Gabe has a great party! Post some party pix if you get a chance!

Yeah, we're planning to - can't book flights until March 23rd through Southwest, so I have it on the calendar that day to book them! We haven't flown since 2001, so we don't do miles or anything, so we knew the flights would cost us. Cost to fly out of Green Bay was just outrageous - WAY cheaper on SW - makes the drive to MKE tolerable to save several hundred bucks!

Thanks Karen! Gabe is already talking about Kindergarten, we get to register at the beginning of February! I think he mostly just wants to ride the bus:):) I will post pics after is party! He loves to bowl and is excited to share that with his friends! I have heard nothing but great things about Southwest, they haven't been flying out of MSP very long but everyone I talk to has been really happy! Especially with the "No Bag Fee"! If we didn't have miles with Delta we would have booked with Southwest! They had great online fares!! We are finally getting a bit warmer weather here, I hope it's been more mild by you guys too!!

ONE MORE DAY UNTIL MY DOUBLE DIGITS DANCE!!!!!!!:banana::banana:

I was shopping today with my mom and the kids out at the Mall of America, which is where the closest Disney Store is!! They had an extra 25% off all SALE items, I got Helen a couple of shirts for a steal!! I will post pics later! I also cleaned up at Gap, an extra 50% off all sale prices, I got a ton of shirts for the kids for like $3! Jeans for $5, can't beat those prices!!

Anyways, I have been putting away tons of dollar store and Target dollar spot items for the kids for the trip for the last few months! I am always afraid when it comes trip time that I won't be able to find anything! Gabe has plenty of Disney shirts but my little Helen doesn't so I have been getting a few clothing items for her too!!

I found both these items at the Disney Store Outlet for cheap, I think like $15 total for the both of them:
Cinderella T-shirt
DSC00392.jpg

Minnie Dress
DSC00393.jpg

Here are the things I have put away for Gabe:
DSC00396.jpg

Everything was a dollar or less except the stuffed Mickey($5 Disney Store) and the Color Wonders($5 Black Friday at Wal-Mart) The camera was free from Kellog's Cereal Boxes:thumbsup2

And Helen's:
DSC00394.jpg

Same cost break-down as Gabe's stuff! Gabe has a few more things simply because he is older! Helen can't manipulate some things quite yet!

Most of these things will be a Goody Bag in the room from Mickey & Minnie the rest will be surprises on the airplane.
I also found these cute snack and sandwich baggies:
DSC00395-1.jpg

And stickers and tattoos!
DSC00397.jpg

I don't think there is anything else to get for them, I think with all of it total I spent about $35-$40! Not too shabby!!! I just need to find cute gift bags to put their surprises in!!

Great stuff for the goodie bags! :thumbsup2

Great deals on the clothes too! I need to go through our stuff & see what I need for clothes for the boys - especially Alex.

Hi Beth!

Saw your title and just had to read your PTR. We are AVID or maybe I should say rabid Toy Story Fans here. We went to see the 3D version and I realized I could recite the entire first 15 minutes and probably more. My almost 6 year old began quoting Toy Story before he was 2:eek:. I could barely make out what he was saying ("It's on my box, ages 3 and up. I'm not supposed to be baby-sitting princess drool")! Luckily he said it a few times and I figured out what the heck he was talking about. And our house is FULL of TS toys. I think it will be a very sad day if they ever decide they are too old for TS.

Happy Birthday to your son. Glad he had a good day. My oldest started Kindergarten this year, but was very disappointed that he didn't get to take the bus. It was a bit of an adjustment for him, but now he loves it. He'll be six next week.

Can't wait to read about your trip and how your daughter does on the plane. That was my biggest fear and it turned out just fine. My boys still talk about going on the airplane all the time.

Great stuff for the goodie bags! :thumbsup2

Great deals on the clothes too! I need to go through our stuff & see what I need for clothes for the boys - especially Alex.
Thanks Amy! I got such great deals, they were too good to pass up! I need to have Gabe try on a lot of his stuff, I think a few shirts are going to be too small but it seems a little bit easier to find shirts for the boys at places. I also need to check all their summer clothes too, thankfully Helen's birthday is two weeks before we go so anything she needs we can ask as gifts!

I love the Minnie dress:lovestruc

And the sandwhich bags are just too cool!!
Thank you! I loved that dress too! It's nice and light, I wanted something comfortable for her for riding in the stroller! I got those bags at the grocery store, I think they will come in handy for snacks and keeping things dry for wet rides or for rain!

Hi Beth!

Saw your title and just had to read your PTR. We are AVID or maybe I should say rabid Toy Story Fans here. We went to see the 3D version and I realized I could recite the entire first 15 minutes and probably more. My almost 6 year old began quoting Toy Story before he was 2:eek:. I could barely make out what he was saying ("It's on my box, ages 3 and up. I'm not supposed to be baby-sitting princess drool")! Luckily he said it a few times and I figured out what the heck he was talking about. And our house is FULL of TS toys. I think it will be a very sad day if they ever decide they are too old for TS.

Happy Birthday to your son. Glad he had a good day. My oldest started Kindergarten this year, but was very disappointed that he didn't get to take the bus. It was a bit of an adjustment for him, but now he loves it. He'll be six next week.

Can't wait to read about your trip and how your daughter does on the plane. That was my biggest fear and it turned out just fine. My boys still talk about going on the airplane all the time.

HI Nancy!! Yeah!! Another Toy Story fan, and the "Princess Drool" line is one of my favorites in the movie! So is when Woody tells Buzz "If anyone attacks us we can blink them to death", that movie has lots of good lines! We took Gabe to the double feature in 3D too, it was his first time at the movies and he LOVED it! :3dglasses We can't wait for TS 3!!! Kindergarten is all the talk around here now that he turned 5...:thumbsup2

I think Helen will do fine on the plane, it's nice we have direct flights! Gabe is excited to go on one again! We go over by the airport and watch them take off and land sometimes, I don't think he remembers being on one from our last trip. BTW, LOVE this Buzz in your signature!!!

I totally forgot yesterday! It's my double digits dance!!!

:mickeyjum:tigger::sulley::donald::ccat::maleficen:simba::stitch::dumbo::figment::goofy::woohoo::yay::banana::cool1::dance3::cheer2:party::jumping1:

Hi Beth!

Great ideas for the goodie bags! I really need to start picking up some stuff like that - thanks for the ideas! Target $1 Spot is great fot that stuff - I just saw a bunch of Toy Story and Incredibles stuff there last week - the kids were with me so I didn't look too closely, but I need to go back and get a few things. Do you give your kids the goodie bag stuff all at one time or spread it out throughtout the week?

Congrats on being down to double digits!
Karen

Happy Double Digits Day!!

:banana::banana::dance3: :cheer2::cheer2: :dance3::banana::banana:

Thanks Amy!! Nothing like trying to add every dancing smilies possible to a post!!:thumbsup2

Hi Beth!

Great ideas for the goodie bags! I really need to start picking up some stuff like that - thanks for the ideas! Target $1 Spot is great fot that stuff - I just saw a bunch of Toy Story and Incredibles stuff there last week - the kids were with me so I didn't look too closely, but I need to go back and get a few things. Do you give your kids the goodie bag stuff all at one time or spread it out throughtout the week?

Congrats on being down to double digits!
Karen

Thanks Karen! I have been secretly stashing things away and I was surprised how quickly it all came together! I think I am going to give them the Color Wonders on the plane and maybe some of the stickers too. We are bringing our portable DVD player with (or DH's laptop if he has to bring it) so between those two things and snacks, I think we will be all set. The rest I am most likely going to give to them as soon as we get there. After we get checked in I am hoping my mom and I will get into the room while the kids, DH, and my dad take there time and I can quickly set out their bags on the bed. That's my hope anyways!

Quick Update on our Plans...

I have been going back and forth about adding another ADR and I finally bit the bullet and booked Kona Cafe for Wednesday, April 28th at 12:35. That's our MK day and I thought it would be a nice break in the day to leave the park and hop over to the Poly for lunch!!! I also need to check-out my dream resort:cloud9:!! After reading other trip reports, it just sounded like a nice place to have lunch!!:goodvibes

Hello! New to your PTR and I am not all caught up. :goodvibes Are you on the DDP or QSDP? I was not sure since you are discussing ADRs but not being TS people. :confused3

We are taking our DD for her first trip in September to celebrate her fourth birthday! We are really excited! I have started to pick up things for treat bags too. Since we are driving, I am planning on giving her one for each state we drive through. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Hello! New to your PTR and I am not all caught up. :goodvibes Are you on the DDP or QSDP? I was not sure since you are discussing ADRs but not being TS people. :confused3

We are taking our DD for her first trip in September to celebrate her fourth birthday! We are really excited! I have started to pick up things for treat bags too. Since we are driving, I am planning on giving her one for each state we drive through. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Hi! Thanks for joining in this TR!! We are not on the Dining Plan and it seems the more I plan the more it seems we are becoming a TS family, hmmmmm... We have 3 ADR's this trip (my parents have 4) and I guess I thought that wasn't very many compared to some others. The Dining Plan interests me quite a bit, the "free dining" packages REALLY interest me!!

I LOVE your idea of giving a gift for each state to your DD!! Isn't it so fun planning first trips!! We would love to drive from MN sometime, but I think we would have to wait until Helen is a little bit older. Car trips to DH family is about 5 hours and I think that is her ultimate limit!

Thanks for reading, I hope for another update soon!!!

Hi Beth!:goodvibes A little late...but I'm catching up. First of all, your kids are sooo adorable!! The picture of your son on his first flight...so cute!!

We are a little Toy Story obsessed here as well!!;) My boys love all the Pixar movies though, especially my youngest. They received Toy Story Mania for the Wii for Christmas and we are having such a good time with it!

Great finds for the goodie bags!! On our last two trips I did Sunshine Rewards and a few other reward sites to help pay for our soveniers. It really does help.:thumbsup2

YAY on the double digits!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!