There's A Snake In My Boot!!!! PTR April 24th-May 1, 2010 (Trip Report Started!!)

Aw so cute! Add another to my must-do list: Character Connection! Now, who can I make run for Soarin fastpasses while we go there? :lmao:

Ahh...great pictures!!! Gabe is such a cutie!! :goodvibes The one with Goofy is so adorable. Now...I'm even more excited to visit the Character Connection at Epcot!!:thumbsup2

Awe! adorable photos--thanks for sharing them!!
Thank you!! They are some of my favorites, I am glad we will have a better camera this time around!!

Aw so cute! Add another to my must-do list: Character Connection! Now, who can I make run for Soarin fastpasses while we go there? :lmao:
Thanks Kayce! It's nicely set-up and such a fabulous way to see many at one time, and it's air conditioned!!

Ahh...great pictures!!! Gabe is such a cutie!! :goodvibes The one with Goofy is so adorable. Now...I'm even more excited to visit the Character Connection at Epcot!!:thumbsup2

Thanks Angie, Goofy pretty much smothered him (in a fun way;))! Pluto gave us the best interaction as I remember and Gabe kept kissing his nose! It will be fun to see how Helen reacts this time around!

Those are adorable!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Amy! I am finally starting to catch up a bit here this morning, I have to hop on over and read updates on your PTR and on many others!!:surfweb:

I have been thinking of possibly getting some type of book for Gabe for the trip. I have been looking at the Hidden Mickey book on Amazon and I think he will find it fun, anybody have any other great book ideas for a 5 year old they can share with me or reviews about the Hidden Mickey book?? I have ordered personalized maps designed mostly for him and Helen too. Thanks in advance!!:goodvibes

We love the Guide to the Magic!
http://www.guidetothemagic.com/

If you get the allears newsletters, they often have a link for a discount. PM me if you need more info on that.

Not sure if it might be a little bit too old for Gabe. Zach didn't use it much last year at 5 1/2, but is very interested in using it this year at 6 1/2. Alex loved it last year and I bought him a new one for this year. :thumbsup2

We love the Guide to the Magic!
http://www.guidetothemagic.com/

If you get the allears newsletters, they often have a link for a discount. PM me if you need more info on that.

Not sure if it might be a little bit too old for Gabe. Zach didn't use it much last year at 5 1/2, but is very interested in using it this year at 6 1/2. Alex loved it last year and I bought him a new one for this year. :thumbsup2

Thanks Amy, it looks like a fun book, the website it really neat to look around on too! Do you know if it's sold in stores anywhere?? With books I really like physically looking at them before I buy. I usually end up buying at Amazon but first do the looking at Borders or Barnes and Noble. I want to head over to our Half Price Books store and see what they have laying around too!! Thanks for the link!!

Thanks Amy, it looks like a fun book, the website it really neat to look around on too! Do you know if it's sold in stores anywhere?? With books I really like physically looking at them before I buy. I usually end up buying at Amazon but first do the looking at Borders or Barnes and Noble. I want to head over to our Half Price Books store and see what they have laying around too!! Thanks for the link!!

I don't think it is... and when we first bought it, I remember looking around for better prices and I couldn't even find it on Amazon. I take that back... I just looked... it is on Amazon, but not available, however you can look at some of the pages on Amazon.

Hello Beth! I have Hidden Magic--my DH got it for me for Christmas after I had no luck reading it after taking it out at the library (there are always holds on it). I think that is more adult oriented, but that is just my opinion. It would make a great book to read together.

I have Walt Disney World for Kids 2010 picked up for my DD--lots of pictures and fun activities in it. It might be a good choice to consider as well.

I am loving all these book ideas!! I need to write down all these titles so I can go get some for my family. :yay:

Also, just want to say that I love all the flashback pictures. :thumbsup2

I don't think it is... and when we first bought it, I remember looking around for better prices and I couldn't even find it on Amazon. I take that back... I just looked... it is on Amazon, but not available, however you can look at some of the pages on Amazon.
Cool Amy, I will have to spend some more time on Amazon checking it out at least!! Thanks for the suggestion!!
Hello Beth! I have Hidden Magic--my DH got it for me for Christmas after I had no luck reading it after taking it out at the library (there is always holds on it). I think that is more adult oriented, but that is just my opinion. It would make a great book to read together.

I have Walt Disney World for Kids 2010 picked up for my DD--lots of pictures and fun activities in it. It might be a good choice to consider as well.
Ooooo, the Hidden Magic book sounds right up MY alley;), and is the WDW for Kids the Birnbaum book?? I have seen older editions of it and it has GREAT pictures! Thanks for the info, I saw all the books in a pic in your PTR I started writing a couple down!! Awesome!!

I am loving all these book ideas!! I need to write down all these titles so I can go get some for my family. :yay:

Also, just want to say that I love all the flashback pictures. :thumbsup2

Totally agree that the book ideas are all great! Glad you are enjoying the flashback pictures, I borrowed my parents scanner so I hope in the next week or so I can get a few more from our 1989 trip on here!!:goodvibes

Corysgal,

I saw that you do Sunshine Rewards. I recently signed up for it and I have earned almost $7.00 in a week. Do you have any tips to earn the most???

Corysgal,

I saw that you do Sunshine Rewards. I recently signed up for it and I have earned almost $7.00 in a week. Do you have any tips to earn the most???

Yes, I have been doing it since this fall. Recently I haven't been doing much, I know the best way is to take the 3 daily surveys everyday (and qualify) and I know a lot of people rack some up by shopping on-line. In about 5 months I have made over $77, I know I could do better if I did it everyday. They have a discussion board, so that may be the best way to get extra tips! I figure the $75 giftcard for our trip will pay for our character breakfast!!:goodvibes

Yes, I have been doing it since this fall. Recently I haven't been doing much, I know the best way is to take the 3 daily surveys everyday (and qualify) and I know a lot of people rack some up by shopping on-line. In about 5 months I have made over $77, I know I could do better if I did it everyday. They have a discussion board, so that may be the best way to get extra tips! I figure the $75 giftcard for our trip will pay for our character breakfast!!:goodvibes

I have been trying everyday to qualify for the surveys, but I found that the earlier in the day I try to complete them, the more I get chosen. The past 2 days I have been able to complete all 3 surverys for the Trifecta! :banana: I have done 2 minimal shopping purchases through SR, and I am waiting to see if they actually go through before I do any more online shopping with SR. It is just amazing to me that you actually earn GC by doing this. (But then again I can-these surveys take 20-30 min. on average, to earn less than a dollar :surfweb:) I am going to save mine for Disney too! I also looked into joining a few other reward sites and I like inbox dollars as well. The others I looked at are just too confusing for me! Yay for getting free gift cards! :woohoo:

Do you have the link for sunshine rewards? I googled it but not sure if its the right site
I like taking surveys...and belong to ACO (American Consumer Opinion) but you usually get entered in a drawing to win $$ but in the past I have gotten $4 checks or so.

I have been trying everyday to qualify for the surveys, but I found that the earlier in the day I try to complete them, the more I get chosen. The past 2 days I have been able to complete all 3 surverys for the Trifecta! :banana: I have done 2 minimal shopping purchases through SR, and I am waiting to see if they actually go through before I do any more online shopping with SR. It is just amazing to me that you actually earn GC by doing this. (But then again I can-these surveys take 20-30 min. on average, to earn less than a dollar :surfweb:) I am going to save mine for Disney too! I also looked into joining a few other reward sites and I like inbox dollars as well. The others I looked at are just too confusing for me! Yay for getting free gift cards! :woohoo:

That's awesome! It's really easy to do, I know you have to be careful, some of the Inbox Dollar surveys overlap the sunshine ones, and I don't think taking the same surveys for different sites is allowed. Getting all three surveys is great!!

Do you have the link for sunshine rewards? I googled it but not sure if its the right site
I like taking surveys...and belong to ACO (American Consumer Opinion) but you usually get entered in a drawing to win $$ but in the past I have gotten $4 checks or so.

I'll PM you the info Heather!

YES! I am still alive! Gabe had a cough last weekend which turned into an ear infection! BLECH! FINALLY back to preschool today for his Valentine's Party and more time on the DIS for me!!! Okay, our second full day in WDW plans are:

Day 2-(Monday)-Disney Studios
-Plan to be at Rope Drop again and high tail it over to TSM!!!!!!!!!!! Grab FP's and then jump in stand-by! This is our first time on this ride and for my little Toy Story fanatic a dream come true! He has been talking about this ride since we saw it on T.V.!!!!!!!!

Our attraction goals for the day are:
-Toy Story Midway Mania (x2)
-Playhouse Disney
-Lights! Motors! Action! (one of Gabe's favorites from 2007)
-Beauty and the Beast (My mom and I are dying to see this again, we haven't seen in since 2000!!)
-Meet Mater & Lightning
-Meet Buzz and Woody
-Muppet Vision 3D
-Star Tours
-Pizza Planet for Lunch, would Toy Story fans dine anywhere else???;)
-Maybe back for rest/nap or hang around and hope Helen crashes in her stroller:cloud9:, if so we will take turns with the kids with my parents. Cory and I want to at least do RnRC & ToT and my parents want to see American Idol. We can let Gabe run a bit at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground.
-Block Party Bash at 3:00pm
-Back to POFQ for the evening, maybe a swim, dinner is up in the air and early to bed because we have an early breakfast the next day!!!!

There are a lot of things here we skip. Not into Indy really, Great Movie Ride I think parts would scare my kids, no Backlot Tour for us, Seen the Little Mermaid enough, and we aren't that into Fantasmic!. I always have a hard time scheduling things here because the shows throw us off some. Any good tips about doing the shows?? We can always come back later in the week on our hopping days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter