"There's a phone call for you. It's MICKEY." American Idols and Anniversaries! DONE!

OMGosh those Kali pictures are great! It really does seem to be hit or miss on that ride. Sometimes we've come off looking like you two did and other times we've stayed pretty dry!

Claire has the "is that you Tigger" sweatshirt. It was on clearance for $9.00 in 2007 so I got it. I got it big and it still fits her. I love it. Not everyone "gets" it though for some reason.
Claire and Skip must've been in the bad seats on Kali too. they came back soaked to the bone as well. I have no desire to ride stuff like that. I know some poeple love it, but I would need a change of clothes in order to do it.

You got it for clearance!?! Lucky you!!! Mine was 18... :sad2: And it wasn't even a sweatshirt.. that would have been better.

I can't believe people don't get it! I mean, I understand not getting the new ones they have "Eeyore, is that you?" with an elephant.. because Eeyore is definitely not an elephant.. but Tigger/Tiger is pretty easy... :confused3

Next time, I am bringing a complete change of clothes. It is worth the locker fee so that I don't have to spend money on new pants again. (Watch me not get wet though).

I didn't count my pics yet. I deleted a lot this time. No need in keeping 12 shots of the same picture. I'm over that. I actually used the lil point n shoot way more than the D300. My photopass had @ 170 before edits I think. We had a photopass for a 2.5 week trip back in '06 and I had over 2000 pics before edits by myself!!! :eek: So 170 is awful! On a 10 day vaca I normally take about 7000 pics but not this time. I was all about having fun myself and saying to heck with showing off WDW. Been there done that, nothing has changed really. Most of these pics are of squirrels crawling up my sisters butt and things like that. :rotfl2:

BTW love the before and after pics from Kali! So cool! When we rode this time we got soaked!

Wow! 2000 Photopass pictures? :eek: That's crazy! You definitely got your money's worth that time. And I love the photopass pictures you did get this time too - I really like the ones with the celebration balloons - your kids did the cutest poses.

How are the AIE photos coming? ;) Just kidding! Take your time.
I'm so excited for the Photopass CD too!

OMGosh those Kali pictures are great! It really does seem to be hit or miss on that ride. Sometimes we've come off looking like you two did and other times we've stayed pretty dry!

So we fell under the "hit" category this time? :lmao:

I shudder every time I look at the photos of me wet. I can still feel the water!!!!

OK, time for a proper posting. I have never been to a single rope drop at any park on any trip! We just can't do it. :blush:

I'm jealous of your giraffe pics. I have none!

I love how that temple lines up with EE! I'm going to look for that next time.

Kali River ... still funny. :rotfl: I'm sorry the capri's cost you so much but are they at least a really good pair? Do you smile with the memories when you put them on? :laughing:

Ah Flame Tree... I'll get to you yet!

When's your next update? popcorn::

OK, time for a proper posting. I have never been to a single rope drop at any park on any trip! We just can't do it. :blush:

There were mornings I didn't want to get out for rope drop, but I dragged myself out anyway...:sad2:

I'm jealous of your giraffe pics. I have none!

Feel free to take mine.. there are ones I haven't even posted.... I took way too many... :rotfl:

I love how that temple lines up with EE! I'm going to look for that next time.

:woohoo:

Kali River ... still funny. :rotfl: I'm sorry the capri's cost you so much but are they at least a really good pair? Do you smile with the memories when you put them on? :laughing:

Yeah, they're not poorly made like I worried they'd be... :goodvibes
And yet, I grimace at the price that seems to be burned into my brain whenever I put them on...

Ah Flame Tree... I'll get to you yet!

It is soooo good!

When's your next update? popcorn::

As soon as I finish homework!!!! :teacher:

Phew - caught up! Colleen's sneak peaks for AI are making me really eager to read that update :) You really got soaked on Kali - glad you found capris to change into!

Alright, alright. Mickey_Mom, joy, & elphie guilted me into doing an update….. :lmao:

Joy13- I want to get to AIE too!!!!! But I still have to wait for the Photopass.......... that's where all the good pictures are. I can always share the rednecked ones if I have to for that post though...

So I left off at the Flame Tree BBQ – after this, I think we headed over to Dinoland and did DINOSAUR. It was good – and oh man, Lou freaked out so much at some of the dinosaurs that pop out of nowhere – I really wish they took the picture at the last dinosaur instead of that one on the side… :sad2: it would have been so much funnier… oh well.

After this, it was time to catch the 2 pm Nemo show! I love this show, so much... only thing, I can’t take photos of it to save my life…

100_1200.jpg

I think this is the only remotely good one – look at Marlin’s face!!! Haha.

After this, I was feeling in a Frozen Lemonade mood, so I got one, and gave Lou the camera. I came back to a bunch of pictures of... a lemur.

100_1212.jpg

This guy, right here. He didn’t do much… all the pictures look the same. ;)

There were also a few ducks in there too, but I’m sure you’ve had enough duck pictures to last you.

Tree of Life, and “It’s Tough to be a Bug!” time!

100_1225.jpg

Yeah, I was being silly… hmm... I swear I have a picture of Lou here too… where did it go? Oh, here it is.

100_1228.jpg

Hehehehehehehehehehe.

On our way over to the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, we smelled something deliciousssss! They were the cinnamon-glazed nuts! The choices were almonds or pecans, and I told Lou I’d probably eat pecans more, so he got almonds… :confused:

Either way, we had to put them away on the trail, which was fine. Other people got disciplined, but we were smart and put our food away before we went in! And then we took more photos of… birds. But I found the cutest things – they’re Pygmy Geese! And I want one!!!!!

100_1260.jpg

We also took a picture of a Mickey in the cockroach tank – but don’t worry, the cockroach is not in the picture. Phew. It was bigggg…

100_1239.jpg

Speaking of big, this is “Biggums”. Lou named him. I think it fits very well… hahaha.

100_1267.jpg

Then it was on to the meerkats/prairie dogs! (I don’t remember what they were… if there is even a difference)

100_1283.jpg
100_1290.jpg

Then we checked out the gorillas, and they checked us out too, when they weren’t… picking up poop. That was weird. I forget what happened after that, but it wasn’t anything good. I think I wiped it from my memory.

100_1302.jpg

Yep, that’s what he was doing in that picture.

When we came off the trail, the parade was going on. We skipped it though, after a few minutes, and walked onto the safari again.

100_1327.jpg

This time, I got the coolest picture of a rhino – it was RIGHT next to the truck! (And I wasn’t able to zoom out fast enough, but it’s still pretty cool)

100_1337.jpg

At this point, it was time to leave – I wanted to visit some Dis-scrapper friends who were at a crop (a big convention where everyone makes pages and talks… but mostly talks). First though, I had brought my 5x7 photo voucher, so I went to get a photo we had taken earlier in the day, of me holding baby simba in my arms. When I get the photopass CD, I’ll share it with you guys, but needless to say, it’s very cute. I liked it a lot, and because I was gone so long, Lou (who had the camera again) got to take lots of pictures of animals.

But mostly birds.

Never again will he get the camera where there are birds around! (Yeah, I really don’t stick to this…)

100_1371.jpg
100_1378.jpg

So I finally got the photo (the line was awful!!!) and then I couldn’t find Lou! But I called him, and after he answered I saw him. So that didn’t work out that well, but that’s fine.

We headed over to the buses, where we were catching a bus to the Contemporary. I figured we’d go to the Contemporary, visit, and then take the monorail to the TTC and then Epcot. However, the Contemporary bus was not coming, and I was impatient. Finally, a Grand Floridian & Wilderness Lodge bus pulls up.

Me: “Hey, the Grand Floridian is on the monorail! We’ll go there, so you can see it, and then take the monorail to the Contemporary!”

Lou: *monotone* “If you say so.” (Just kidding about the monotone!)

So we get on. And what do you know, just as we’re pulling away, the Contemporary & Poly bus pulls up. Arggg! So I figure, hey, at least we’re going to the Grand Floridian first. Nope. Wilderness Lodge. And EVERYONE on the bus gets off there, except us.

So I figured I’d ask the bus driver the fastest way to get to the Contemporary from the Grand Floridian, to see if he would just drive us there, to be nice (maybe?) Nope. He told us the monorail. I was like “Okay.” I guess he then decided to tell us something else about transportation (I already knew what he was telling us, so I didn’t listen..)

It was at this point I realized I didn’t have the photo I just got printed. I looked all over, but wasn’t able to find it. I was really upset, because I really liked it, and I wanted the 5x7. Lou’s looking around, and he can’t find it either. So I resign myself to not getting it, but he keeps looking. And then he finds it – it fell between the seat and the wall, and got stuck there. So it wasn’t on the floor, and I couldn’t see it above the seat. Jeez. I finally got it extracted, and was very happy again!

We finally get to the Grand Floridian, where he drops us off on the median grass strip, instead of pulling up to the bus stop. Thanks dude. :headache:

We head in, and Lou is in awe. (I think. Were you? Did you think it was cool?)

So we head up the big staircase, trying to look like we fit in (this is after I almost walked into a planter and then the carriage outside… :rotfl:)

The monorail comes almost instantly, and we go to the Contemporary. I was like “hey, watch this” as we went into the building – I don’t know if he was expecting that or not, but again, I think he thought it was pretty cool. (This is why you need a DIS account! How am I supposed to know what you thought?!)

I left Lou to hang out in the arcade/gift shop area, while I tried to find the front desk. I couldn’t find elevators, so I took the outside stairs. Which led me to this weird area… I saw a hallway in that some guy was going in – and then I was about to go in the door as well when I realized it was just a white, bare hallway. Oops! Backstage! So I walk the other way, and find loading docks.

“Oh god,” I thought, “I’m lost at Disney.”

Then I see a red sidewalk, and walk towards it. I then found myself in the very front of the Contemporary! Wooo! It’s intimidating… yeesh!

So I went in, and walked over to the Concierge desk. I told her about the convention, and she gave me these weird directions, and sent me on my way. I texted one of the women, and said I was coming, so she and another Disser met me while I was looking lost in a hallway, among a bunch of scrappers who were sleeping on couches. (I guess some don’t go to their rooms, they just crash in the hall… :eek:)

I met a bunch of lovely women, some of whom live in Connecticut, and yet we had to go to Florida to meet. After hanging out with them for a while, I realized I needed to get back to Lou so we could get to dinner, since I wasted a lot of time being lost.

They show me the easiest way in the world to get back to the level Lou is on (all I had to do was take an escalator… wow.) So we meet back up, and then head back to catch the monorail to Epcot.

Alright, that should be good for tonight!

Enjoy everyone, and I’ll try to finish this day soon!

Oooo, so much to talk about this update!

First, I made you feel guilty? Oh I didn't mean to do that ::yes:: I'm so sorry.

Nemo, ah Nemo. Such a good show. Marlin's face in your pick is :lmao:

The Tree of Life! Still bummed I didn't get to see it this trip. That picture of Lou was nicely framed there! Please extend our apologies to him for my children repeatedly sticking their fingers up his nose, we had no idea!

WDW047.jpg

2008_0826Disney20010.jpg

My sincerest thank you for not showing the cockroach! :scared: And Biggums certainly is a healthy specimen isn't he? Gorilla poop? 'nuff said.

Lou? You could have a really cool avatar if you join! :cool2: Your bird pics are pretty good!

I love the Grand Floridian. George and I went to dinner at our favorite restaurant a few years ago and we got to chatting with our waitress about our upcoming WDW trip to the ASMovies resort. She then tells us about her trip with her daughter they just came back from.... at the Grand Floridian! Sigh. I'm going to buy a lottery ticket today. :thumbsup2

Thank goodness you found your picture! That would have royally sucked.

Ok, off to get my morning coffee! :goodvibes Thanks for the fun read!

Can't wait for Epcot! popcorn::

Who says guilt-tripping isn't an effective method? :thumbsup2

You're almost done with the day (maybe?.....) Can't wait for more!!

The Tree of Life! Still bummed I didn't get to see it this trip. That picture of Lou was nicely framed there! Please extend our apologies to him for my children repeatedly sticking their fingers up his nose, we had no idea!

WDW047.jpg

2008_0826Disney20010.jpg

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That's hilarious - I'll let him know. Don't know how he didn't notice - maybe he was asleep. :lmao:

And now for a quick finish to our Animal Kingdom/Epcot day.

We took the monorail to the TTC, and saw that the monorail for Epcot was in the station. We speedily made our way to it, not knowing if it was about to leave, but we had a little bit to spare.

We got in Epcot, and went to Mousegears first. I forget why – I know there was a reason. We ended up leaving with a watch though! Lou bought me one of the Skagen watches that they have, it has a mother of pearl face with a Swarovski crystal Mickey head. At least, I think so. It didn’t actually say. But it has a lifetime warranty, because I have issues with watches… :rolleyes1

Since Mousegears was getting ready to close, they didn’t know if it would be at the resort the next day, but that was fine with me, since I wasn’t planning on wearing it until I got home. I ended up getting one link out there, and at some point, am going to need to get another one out – I didn’t realize how tiny my wrist is. Or maybe they just come with a lot of links. :confused3

100_2124.jpg

We were doing great on time, we still had about 30 minutes before it was time for dinner. We made our way to the World Showcase, and then to Japan, so I could drop my pearls off to get set into earrings while we ate.

100_2123.jpg

Ignore that necklace… that comes later. :rotfl:

We got to Germany, and there was a huge line to get in! Jeez. So we waited. And waited… and called home to check in… and waited. Finally we got our buzzer, and were able to get in a little bit after that.

The inside was AWESOME! It really looked like a cute little German village.

100_1392.jpg

And the food and entertainment was really great too!

100_1397.jpg

This was, above all, our favorite place to eat. We were sitting with a few other couples, but we mostly talked to the people right next to us – they were Patriots fans, so we talked a bit about that. I think they were from New York or Connecticut or something, I don’t remember if they ever said.

But I guess they planned the trip without dining reservations, and they had free dining – they were getting turned away everywhere. I felt so bad – I started telling them about different places to eat that might have room, and how they opened up some lunch table services, etc. When we were done, we said our goodbyes, and headed out.

Oh, our food!

Lou's first plate & soup:
100_1395.jpg

My first plate & soup:
100_1396.jpg

His is loaded compared to mine! I don't like my food touching... :rotfl:

It was great! And I loveeeee pretzel bread! And the pork schnitzel was delicious as well. Totally worth it, and we’re coming back here again. I don’t know why this one always has openings. :confused:

We got plates of desserts as well – the Bavarian Cheesecake was fantastic as well… Lou really liked that.

When we came out, Illuminations was going on. We stood and watched it, and had a great view, until these people started smoking next to us. I got mad, but couldn’t find a Cast Member to tell, so we just moved. They didn’t speak English, it seemed, so I didn’t know if they would just pretend to ignore/not understand me.

Sigh.

Oh well.

We went and picked up my earrings, and since it was an Extra Magic Hours night, we could have stayed until midnight, but we decided it would be better to just head back to the resort and go to sleep… because it’s a big day tomorrow!

And thus ends Day 4, and soon, what you’ve all been waiting for…. Day 5, and American Idol!

Holy freeholy that's a lot of food! I think I would try that place on my own but its not anything my family would enjoy. The atmosphere sounds like fun and Bavarian cheesecake sounds amazing!

Your watch is so pretty! And those pearls (ignoring necklace) are lovely, I love that setting!

Smoking = blech! George has a funny way of dealing with people who pretend not to know english. In a whispered but still loud enough voice, without facial expression or pointing, he'll turn to me and say, "wow look at that huge spider on the back of the girl/guy in front of us... that's incredible!" :rotfl: Suddenly the english language is conquered! But yeah, it was probably easier to just move. :sick:

:yay: American Idol!!!

Danica,
I'm here been really slacking since we returned home from Disney! I've been trying to upload all my pics etc... If I can remember day 2 I'm going to post that on the TR today as I had left my book in work the other day I got it ready so I took it with me and I left it again! :eek: That picture of Lou is too much at AK! Lol! And kids sticking their fingers in his nose :rotfl2:. I'm glad you finally found your way at the contemporary! That place is definitely huge! Can't wait for the American Idol update! BTW love he pearl earrings and Necklace even though it comes later! :)

It was great! And I loveeeee pretzel bread! And the pork schnitzel was delicious as well. Totally worth it, and we’re coming back here again. I don’t know why this one always has openings. :confused:

Yay, an update!

I loved Biergarten, too, and can't believe I'd never even thought of eating there before!

HOW can you tell us that the next day is American Idol day...........and not give it to us?!?!?! I know, I know lady honors student, you probably have homework (as do I, right now, that I'm blowing off) but still........way to master the cliffhanger!

:rotfl:

Alright, alright. I'll bring my computer with me to school today so I can work on it, how's that? No promises if I'll get it done though, but I'll try! I'll at least post what I have done at the end of the day.

:thumbsup2 Let me know if you'd like me to swing by with encouraging TR-finishing snacks! Hahahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter