• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"There's a phone call for you. It's MICKEY." American Idols and Anniversaries! DONE!

Great updates! Now I'm Hungry for EOS! YUM! I have yet to do Fantasmic! I need to go back several more times to fit in everything. LOL! I've seen the singing in the rain umbrella, be we have yet to take a picture there. So unlike me! LOL! You need to scan and post your ride pics too if possible! I'm loving your TR!

I adore Fantasmic. I know for most people it's either Wishes or Illuminations, but for me, my favorite nighttime fireworks extravaganza is definitely Fantasmic.

Can't wait for more TR!!

I'm with you on that. Fantasmic is pure Disney genius!

I still can believe we were in the same hotel, and in the same day we went to HS and we didn't meet!!! We were also volunteers at the Harbor attack @ Blacklot tour!!!!! Creepy, uh?:scared1:

Enjoying your report so far!!!!

So I started school today - sorry guys, but no update for today.. maybe tomorrow, but definitely Friday!

OMG this thing is at 6 pages already!? Dang. I've been editing my pictures and backing up discs of them so it's taken me forever! I just uploaded all of the PP stuff and there was a TON of AI stuff on that! You'll be happy! :goodvibes I got a few nice shots too. All will come in time. You better get to editing those pics girly! ;) I have to come back through and read but I love the pics so far and how cool to be one of the people in the show! :thumbsup2 It was a pleasure meeting you! I do wish we had taken a picture together. I took some with Colleen but nobody else. WTH was I thinking!? I always do this. You will see ME in pics this time though. Before that was rare!

I still can believe we were in the same hotel, and in the same day we went to HS and we didn't meet!!! We were also volunteers at the Harbor attack @ Blacklot tour!!!!! Creepy, uh?:scared1:

Enjoying your report so far!!!!

I know! We seriously must have passed each other at some point, and just been in such a pixie-dusted daze that we totally missed noticing!

OMG this thing is at 6 pages already!? Dang. I've been editing my pictures and backing up discs of them so it's taken me forever! I just uploaded all of the PP stuff and there was a TON of AI stuff on that! You'll be happy! :goodvibes I got a few nice shots too. All will come in time. You better get to editing those pics girly! ;) I have to come back through and read but I love the pics so far and how cool to be one of the people in the show! :thumbsup2 It was a pleasure meeting you! I do wish we had taken a picture together. I took some with Colleen but nobody else. WTH was I thinking!? I always do this. You will see ME in pics this time though. Before that was rare!

:rotfl: How many photos did you take just on your camera? I'm guessing easily over 1500, since I did 1300 and it was just the two of us.

I am trying to get on now, and I can't log in - the site is having technical issues for a little bit. I bet you crashed it with all of our photos! :rolleyes1

And I apologize to everyone who has to sit through 100+ photos of Lou when getting the CD..... I didn't know they were going to take that many. :eek:

I can't wait to see your pictures! And I agree, this is the first time I really have pictures of myself to include too (even if I had to take them by turning the camera around sometimes). :laughing:

And I agree, this is the first time I really have pictures of myself to include too (even if I had to take them by turning the camera around sometimes). :laughing:

I should have made the girls take more photos of me... even though lots of the ones they took were sorta out of focus. :lmao:

M took 2 disposable cameras and just got the film developed... the kid has a knack for taking photos of backsides- mine, her sister's, even animals! :rotfl2: I don't think I saw a single face, human or animal, in the entire 2 rolls. Obviously none of those are going online.

:lmao: Awww, not even the animal ones?

Even the animals were the backsides! (remember she only had 2 disposable cameras so she didn't always have them) :lmao:

As I was viewing her photos, I told everyone that I was glad I'd stepped up my treadmill runs for weeks before my trip so that at least my backside looked ok. :rotfl2:

To be fair, she did get some cute ones around the hotel room and such. I was so focused on capturing the girls- and rightfully so- that I didn't take as many shots around the hotel room as I usually do.

So I just went through all the Photopass pictures for the CD, and I have to say, there are a lot of really good American Idol ones! I can't wait to get it, so I can share them with you guys.

Thats cool. So they do AI photos with photopass too. That is really awesome!

They even have special borders and things you can add to them! It's really neat!

Update coming today, I promise! I have everything set out to remind me what we did, now I just need to write it!

August 28th – Animal Kingdom Day!

Waking up at 7 am gets easier as you keep doing it, I realized…
At least for me, it was. :rotfl:

Off we went to Animal Kingdom! We got positioned at the rope (actually, we were kind of far back…) to enjoy the show! I think this is one of my favorite park openings… second to Magic Kingdom. Hollywood Studios just doesn’t do it for me, and I don’t think Epcot really has one.

100_0990.jpg

100_0992.jpg

When the rope dropped (10 minutes early, no less!), we made our way over to Kilimanjaro Safaris, to help Wilson rescue the baby elephant! I knew that the safari was supposed to be better in the morning, but I didn’t think that meant there would be animals EVERYWHERE! We walked right on, which was great, and had giraffes walking right next to the car, which was also great! Unfortunately, I was in the middle of the car, so I didn’t get as good of shots as I think I could have, but that’s okay. I had other chances.

100_1007.jpg

100_1009.jpg

100_1010.jpg

Yeah, yeah, there were other animals than just giraffes on the safari. But I do only have 25 photos per post, and the rest just weren’t that great…

Then it was off to Asia, land of mystery. The first thing we did was get Fastpasses for Kali River Rapids. That was… a big mistake. Oh well.

We wanted to go on Everest, so we kept walking, but then I saw it! My shirt! My “Tigger, is that you?” shirt, that I had bought 2 years ago, then it shrunk, but I still wore it, and then it got stained, and I finally got rid of it. Well, now I have it in grey, to not show stains like the white did, and a medium instead of a small. I’m so happy! That was one of the things I wanted to do on this trip, was to get a replacement for that shirt. :woohoo:

We continued on, to Mount Everest, but first stopping to take this picture – you know that little temple on the way to Everest? Did you ever notice… this?

100_1040.jpg

It lines up perfectly (if I wasn’t off center, it would line up more), how neat is that?

So we went on Everest, had our run-in with Betty the Yeti, who unfortunately, was not moving, only had strobe lights on her. Apparently she scared Lou though, who wasn’t expecting her to be there. Hehehehe. (I have to admit, I get scared too, but only because I always think we’re going to hit her.)

Since we still had time before our Kali River Rapids Fastpasses, and we didn’t feel like heading to Dinoland, U.S.A for Dinosaur, we went to see Lou’s favorite show here, Flights of Wonder! I had never seen it before, and must say, it’s really cool, if no one has ever seen it. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I liked it!

We sat right in the front, so that I could get photos. Afterwards, they have a couple birds out that you can take photos of and ask questions about.

100_1069.jpg
100_1088.jpg
100_1095.jpg

This bird is an African Grey, and Lou’s family has one. Her (?) name is Ruby… and she’s not as smart as this bird.

100_1057.jpg

Now it’s time for Kali River Rapids, and we figured getting a little wet would be just the thing – it’s getting a little hot, and it would probably feel good. Right? Yeah. Well, you know those signs that say “You may get soaked?” Yeahhh. Should have listened to those.

Apparently, here’s how it goes: There are supposed to be 4 seats that get wet per raft. Two when it goes down the ramp (supposedly whoever is backwards at the top), and then two when it goes under this waterfall thing. Then the rest of the seats either get a little wet, sprayed, or dry. Now, this ride, those 4… were the same 2 seats.

Want to guess who was sitting in those seats?

Allow me to provide a pictorial hint.

Here is us before, in line:

100_1120.jpg

Here is us before, in the raft:

100_1126-1.jpg

Here is us after we got off the ride:

100_1127-1.jpg

Yeah. Those 2 seats were us. Everyone else BARELY got wet. Everyone was laughing at us when we started going up backwards… and then were laughing harder when we got hit a second time.

I figured, hey, this is why I wore light clothes, so they’ll dry fast! HAH. We figured we’d walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek to dry off a bit before lunch…

This guy was snoozing:

100_1131.jpg

This is Lou after he wrung his shorts out for about the 5th time:

100_1141.jpg

My shorts could not be wrung out - they weren’t stretchy like his. So I continued to suffer while we went to the bird sanctuary. I figure you guys have already seen enough pictures of birds, so I won’t include more pictures, but there was this really funny bird that kept going “WOOO!!!!” At first we thought it was a person being a jerk, but then we realized it was this giant bird – it was hilarious!

He looked kind of like a mix between a pheasant and a quail – probably about the size of a pheasant though.

With this, we were done our tour of Asia – and I know where I won’t be heading back anytime soon!

At this point, I realized I was not going to be able to spend the rest of the day in these shorts, and I needed to get new ones. And at ANY other park, this should have been easy. But you know what? Island Mercantile? Nothing. Disney Outfitters? Pajamas. Seriously?!?! I need SHORTS! I found a whollleee bunch of tops.. but no shorts. Finally, I found some capris. Close enough. Only thing is.. they were 40 dollars! But you know what? I was desperate. After trying them and a skirt I found on – and having to put my wet shorts on in between, I knew I couldn’t last in those wet shorts. I broke down and spent 40$ on a pair of capris! I don’t know if I’ve ever spent that much on a pair of pants before – EVER.

And then we couldn’t find a bathroom for me to change – we walked all the way back to Africa before we found one. Worst 10 minutes of my life. Once we did find one, I happily changed, and put my wet shorts in the bag to carry with me. By the way – I set those out flat when we got home that night, and they didn’t dry until Sunday! Wow. We got SOAKED.

As for my shirt, I wanted to go get my Tigger shirt to change into, but they had already picked it up for resort delivery, so I couldn’t do that. At least my shirt only took a few more HOURS to dry.

At this point, all I wanted to do was sit down, so we headed over to the Flame Tree Barbeque to get some lunch by the water. We both had the pulled pork sandwiches, Lou got Key Lime Pie, and I got a Chocolate Cake. I was dying for some sweet tea, but they said they were out, so I had to get regular. Blech!

We also made a new friend – this is Mister Duck! He was very nice, and wanted to eat with us, but unfortunately, we were so hungry we didn’t feel inclined to share – I didn’t even take pictures, we scarfed our food down so fast.

100_1181.jpg

I always love sitting at the Flame Tree Barbeque and eating – there’s this great pavilion that looks over the water, and it has a beautiful view of Everest and this set of steps with “laundry” on them. Maybe I should have put my shorts there to dry? :rotfl:

100_1189.jpg
100_1194.jpg

And I’m out of room and very tired, so now I am going to sleep. I promised you an update, and I wanted to deliver! I will hopefully finish this day up sometime this weekend, when I’m not doing homework.

Goodnight everyone!

I missed an update with my mini school hiatus! Seriously. You two = fun. I'm tired too so I'll get more in depth with my comments next time.

Kali River Rapids.... :rotfl: !!

We ended up at AK on 8/28, too. We also got soaked on Kali. And we did it a 2nd time a little later, because the first time the line was too short for FP. And you know what? We got just as soaked the 2nd time too! :scared1: And we hadn't even dried off from the first time yet.

I sorta felt sorry for the people next to us when they made us smoosh to the center at FotLK, since we'd left our seats a little wet... :rolleyes1

We ended up at AK on 8/28, too. We also got soaked on Kali. And we did it a 2nd time a little later, because the first time the line was too short for FP. And you know what? We got just as soaked the 2nd time too! :scared1: And we hadn't even dried off from the first time yet.

I sorta felt sorry for the people next to us when they made us smoosh to the center at FotLK, since we'd left our seats a little wet... :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Ewwwwww.... we never made it to Lion King! But now I'm sort of glad, because I probably would have had to sit next to you! (And I mean that in the best way possible..) :lmao:

Claire has the "is that you Tigger" sweatshirt. It was on clearance for $9.00 in 2007 so I got it. I got it big and it still fits her. I love it. Not everyone "gets" it though for some reason.
Claire and Skip must've been in the bad seats on Kali too. they came back soaked to the bone as well. I have no desire to ride stuff like that. I know some poeple love it, but I would need a change of clothes in order to do it.

:rotfl: How many photos did you take just on your camera? I'm guessing easily over 1500, since I did 1300 and it was just the two of us.

I am trying to get on now, and I can't log in - the site is having technical issues for a little bit. I bet you crashed it with all of our photos! :rolleyes1

And I apologize to everyone who has to sit through 100+ photos of Lou when getting the CD..... I didn't know they were going to take that many. :eek:

I can't wait to see your pictures! And I agree, this is the first time I really have pictures of myself to include too (even if I had to take them by turning the camera around sometimes). :laughing:

I didn't count my pics yet. I deleted a lot this time. No need in keeping 12 shots of the same picture. I'm over that. I actually used the lil point n shoot way more than the D300. My photopass had @ 170 before edits I think. We had a photopass for a 2.5 week trip back in '06 and I had over 2000 pics before edits by myself!!! :eek: So 170 is awful! On a 10 day vaca I normally take about 7000 pics but not this time. I was all about having fun myself and saying to heck with showing off WDW. Been there done that, nothing has changed really. Most of these pics are of squirrels crawling up my sisters butt and things like that. :rotfl2:

BTW love the before and after pics from Kali! So cool! When we rode this time we got soaked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter