"There's a phone call for you. It's MICKEY." American Idols and Anniversaries! DONE!

I love your update Danica! And thanks Colleen for the sneak peak!
I'm loving your food choices. I need top branch out next trip.
So that fireman photo...is tha one you have to buy there then too? It's really cute. I have never seen that one before. I can't beleive you didn't get a group shot when you met up with Tammy and family. Was Chimere with her? I would LOVE to meet her too.
When I was at Disney Tammy was there too, but even though we were at the same resort and at the same parks on some of the same days, we never ran into each other.

So that fireman photo...is tha one you have to buy there then too? It's really cute. I have never seen that one before. I can't beleive you didn't get a group shot when you met up with Tammy and family. Was Chimere with her? I would LOVE to meet her too.
When I was at Disney Tammy was there too, but even though we were at the same resort and at the same parks on some of the same days, we never ran into each other.

No Problem Jen the show was great! It is definitely something to experience it seems so much like the real thing. BTW I don't know if Chimere was not with Tammy at AIE but I'm not sure about the other time they crossed paths but she was there. I met her she is Hysterical! :)

You didn't find me in the Canada Pavillion?! My hiding spot has worked well I see. I'm actually still there right now tapping into their wireless...... ;)

I died laughing when I read this... :lmao: Are you in one of the totem poles? Is that your Base of Operations? Are you secretly Kim Possible? :eek:

OMG Lou! You spit in the Japan pond?!? In front of Miyuki no less?! Have you noticed any unusual, unexplained events happening to you since then?

He wants me to clarify, and I quote, "I didn't spit! I drank some water, and then emptied my mouth into the pond!"

Me: "Isn't that just like spitting... but distilled?"

And if we did notice unexplained events, they were all good. Maybe it's lucky to spit in there? If so, there will be a sharp increase in the water levels, I think.

Ah the Coral Reef, too bad your view kinda sucked but it is a really cool place to eat. I think I may have had the New York :laughing: . Not a seafood person myself and isn't it kinda cruel to eat seafood in front of all those fish anyway? :lmao:

:rotfl: It's a good thing they don't have salmon in that tank, otherwise I'd worry just how fresh my fish was. I'm not generally a seafood person, but I love salmon!

That's a really cool pic of Lou in front of the Nemo ride with the ball in the background. I couldn't get the colours to come out as pretty as that.

Waiting for more!popcorn::

Aww, thank you! I love your fireworks pictures - I'll Photoshop Ariana, Alex & Demetri into the that photo instead of Lou if you take fireworks photos for me! :lmao:

The fireman photo is actually free! There's a fire hydrant by the truck, and you press a button on it to take a photo, which you can then email to yourself! Then I just saved it from my email. It's sort of like the virtual postcard that you can send from Mission Space or Mexico.

And I can't believe I didn't either! Tammy texted me later, and I was like "oh mannnn!!!! I forgot!" I lost my head, I think. :confused3

And I didn't get to meet Chimere - she was having check-in issues the day I could have, and then the next time I saw Tammy, she was trying to get into the Hall of Presidents before they closed the doors on her, while the rest of her family was already in there. My fault, actually... I can't walk fast enough! :goodvibes

Andddd we’re back! So, we finished our lunch at the Electric Umbrella, and headed off for…. Mousegear? Yeah. I don’t know why either! It was supposed to be Soarin’ time! But Lou wanted to go – he didn’t realize just how big Mousegear is. He did find a hat he liked, but didn’t get.

100_0681.jpg

Haha! My DD did the same thing with this Hat she loved it too! But guess what???? She didn't get it either!!! :sad2:

Are you in one of the totem poles? Is that your Base of Operations? Are you secretly Kim Possible? :eek:

Totem pole? Nah, they found me there and I had to relocate. :ssst: Waterfalls sure are pretty eh? :rolleyes1

He wants me to clarify, and I quote, "I didn't spit! I drank some water, and then emptied my mouth into the pond!"

"emptied my mouth into the pond"?!? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Aww, thank you! I love your fireworks pictures - I'll Photoshop Ariana, Alex & Demetri into the that photo instead of Lou if you take fireworks photos for me! :lmao:

My photoshopping skills are a little lacking, but here's a few fireworks pics for you not in my TR -- an exclusive! ;)

2009_0817pics0285.jpg

2009_0817pics0303.jpg

Ooooooo.

Ahhhhhhh.

Are you supposed to make those noises for the Indiana Jones show or something?

Very pretty though! Thank youuuu! :hug:

They have a place for photos in Mexico too, to email home. Wow. I only knew of spaceship earth one.

They have a place for photos in Mexico too, to email home. Wow. I only knew of spaceship earth one.

I was amazed by that one too...had no idea and to think of all the times I went to Mexico......

I have some make up photos to do.....

Enjoying your TR. I read (most) of your PTR, but somehow missed where you switched from POP to SS. Gonna go back & try to find out what happened!

Thanks guys!

Jimmie, how could you have missed that? You didn't hear me screaming from Texas? I guess I wasn't as loud as I thought when I got that email... ;)

Update coming later today, hopefully! I start school Wednesday, so I'd like to get at least one more day done.

ooooohhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I felt like I was there for a moment!! Great pictures!!

Loving your trip report, it just keeps getting better!!:goodvibes How funny that the japanese lady was Miyuki!! :lmao: Looking forward to more!

Thanks guys!

Jimmie, how could you have missed that? You didn't hear me screaming from Texas? I guess I wasn't as loud as I thought when I got that email... ;)

Update coming later today, hopefully! I start school Wednesday, so I'd like to get at least one more day done.

I found it! Lucky you!

BTW, my relatives up in Mass. did tell me about some really loud noise they heard a while back coming from the Boston area! :lmao:

I don't know if it's still there, but it used to be tucked away in some back corner near the restaurant.... I wish I could be of more help, but it's been so long! I didn't go looking for it on this trip, because we didn't spend much time in this pavilion. Update coming up!

Day 3, and our first Hollywood Studios day! You know all know what that means!

Yep. American Idol is not today. :rotfl: That’s not until the second Hollywood Studios day!

Sorry everyone…. :hug:

So…. we got up, did our chickens-without-heads routine again, and were out the door on time again. However, today Mr. Robitussin was coming with us, and he would check in with Lou every four hours.

We got to Hollywood Studios around 8:30 or so, and were there when they brought out the “Audition Today” big poster so interested guests could go over and audition. And then we sat through announcement…. after announcement…. after announcement about it. Lou said that if he was feeling better and if he had warmed up, he would have done it today, but I told him if he made it, we would miss Fantasmic, and we might as well just wait for Saturday. Glad we did, too.

Finally we were let up to the rope, and we were able to get almost right up to the front, so we could head to Rock n’ Roller Coaster. It seemed like a lot of people were going for Toy Story Mania, so many, in fact, that even though we walked (and laughed at people who were doing this weird skip-walk-jog routine to Rock n’ Roller Coaster & TOT), we STILL made it on the very first car. The family of the day picked this ride, so technically, we were after them, but they don’t really count, because they got a ride there. The one thing I hate about doing rides at rope drop is that you never get to watch the movies – we had to go straight through the recording studio. Lou decided this was his favorite ride-attraction, with Toy Story Mania being his favorite attraction overall. I have to admit, it’s one of my favorites too. We bought our picture, and then it was off to the Hollywood Tower Hotel!

100_0810.jpg

We walked onto this one as well, and were the first ones to start a new library group, which was cool… gave me time to take a few photos. I got so leery of using flash that I ended up not using it when I could, and so not all of my photos turned out that well… oh well. I eventually realized.

100_0815.jpg

After the library, we headed down into the boiler room, where we met Mike. We were the first in a line after they loaded an elevator, so this CM comes over to me… and doesn’t stop. He gets all up in my grill (i.e – about 2 inches away from my face, if that) and goes “How many are checking in?” This guy was about as tall as me, so he was RIGHT THERE. I was trying pretty hard not to laugh, but I think I may have smiled as I was like “Just two.” He directs us over to our squares, and I figured that would be the last of it. But then I decided to take a photo of him so I could share it with all of you guys. He wasn’t looking at me when I took the first one, so then he goes “Did you get that?” and turns and just stares at me. So I took another one, and at this point, I’m dying laughing.

100_0816.jpg
100_0817.jpg

Then we start loading, and since we’re one of the front rows, we’re the last to load. As we’re getting on, he goes “You look EXACTLY like someone I know from New Jersey!” And I’m like “Oh yeah? Neat!”

ETA: Lou would like me to add that as the doors were closing, he waved and went "Bye Mike!!!" and everyone in the elevator laughed.

And now I thought that was the last I would see of Mike. Little did I know it wouldn’t be!

Lou liked the ride, but he said it wasn’t as good as he thought it would be. I hate the part that leads up to the actual drop, because it always freaks me out. I always feel like we’re going to fall off that little track the cars run along, and I always think they’ve added something in that’s going to jump out at you – just like those heads in the Haunted Mansion that pop out of the graves. Those things always make me jump… even when we’re broken down in front of one, like happened this trip. It kept popping up, and I kept jumping!

Oops, tangent. Sorry. Anyway! So the part that I was not looking forward to, but was at the same time, was that apparently, there are these “ominous blacklit figures of the five ghostly original riders” that sometimes appear during the ride. And I had never seen them before. I got a glimpse of them this first ride, but I would see much more of them later in the trip.

After this, we thought we were going to go to Toy Story Mania to get our Fastpasses, but I made the mistake of telling Lou about Villains in Vogue – the prime spot for Jack Skellington stuff. He didn’t buy anything here today, but he wanted EVERYTHING. Truth be told, I was eying some of the stuff too.

Does anyone watch the Colbert Report? Lou thinks I look like Stephen Colbert in this picture..

100_0819.jpg

I was more partial to this one though… don’t I look so happy to be in Disney?

100_0818.jpg

We made our way over to Toy Story Mania, and got our Fastpasses. It was only 10, but they weren’t good until after 2! I was amazed. When we went back to go use then, they were all sold out, but I was expecting that.

While we were getting our Fastpasses, I went over to see if I could find Joanna, a College Programmer who is working on TSM. And she was there! So I talked to her for a bit, but I knew she had to get back to work, since apparently Toy Story Mania wasn’t working so well. Lou really loved the theming of the area – I thought it was pretty cool, but I really wanted to see Luxo Jr…. I don’t think he’s working now though. Or if he is, we didn’t go at the right time.

100_0821.jpg

After that, it was off to one of my favorite rides, the Great Movie Ride! However, it really depends on who you get – and we definitely did not get the best guy. Lou was like “You.. like this ride?” Our guy was awful.. his microphone kept cutting out, he wasn’t funny or… good at acting at all… and not to mention, we were in the very back.

However, I did get to see the Wild West takeover for the first time! And I have to say, I like the gangster one much more. Maybe it’s because the gangsters remind me of Lou…. so Italian! :rotfl:

Did I mention I also like Tony Curtis?

100_0839.jpg

After the Great Movie Ride, we decided why not go check out the first show of American Idol? We were basically right there, so we ran over to it, and were some of the last people in. We still got pretty good seats, and were able to scope out the possible talent of competition. After it was over, I got pretty worried, because they were (in my tone deaf, can’t hit a note perspective) pretty good… uh oh! But Lou still seemed confident, and said that he was at least as good as them, if not better. He just had to get over being sick.

I have to say, I definitely enjoyed the show more than I thought I would, even through my chattering teeth and nerves! I started getting nervous even when he wasn’t performing in that show! The guy we wanted to win didn’t win, but the girl who did win was still pretty good!

After that, it was off to Star Tours, which said it had a 20-minute wait, but was really only 15. I think this might have been the longest we waited for an attraction too. Enjoyable as always, although I heard that they’re redoing it. Anyone know if that’s true?

At this point, we headed over to the Streets of America for some photo opportunities!

100_0853.jpg
100_0854.jpg

And then it was off to find the Singin’ in the Rain umbrella! I knew it existed, but I didn’t know where! After we walked around for a bit, we got hungry, so we headed to Herbie's for some food. And lo and behold, there was the umbrella! Two birds with one stone – we used a snack credit for some nachos and cheese, and then we got to take photos with the umbrella!

100_0855.jpg
100_0856.jpg

I’m not sure what we did after this, but I think we went to the Pizza Planet arcade for a bit? Where I totally creamed Lou in basketball, and then in air hockey. First time I ever won air hockey against him, actually. Unfortunately, I don’t have pictures of this, so you’ll just have to take my word for it. ;)

After that, it was time for Lights, Motors, Action! This is always a good show, and Lou really enjoyed it, even though it got off to a shaky start – the first sequence didn’t work, so they had to redo it. After that though, it was great.

100_0859.jpg
100_0860.jpg
100_0862.jpg
100_0865.jpg
100_0866.jpg

And I’m out of photos, so the end of the day will be along soon!

We left off at Lights, Motors, Action, which, as I said, was really good. It never lets me down. After that, we were a little hungry again, so we stopped by the Writer’s Stop to get something to eat.

Actually, that was a lie. I wanted ice cream, so we were on our way to find some, when we passed the Writer’s Stop. And the Writer’s Stop has scrapbooking supplies!!! So we went in, and while we were in there, I passed on scrapbooking stuff, but Lou got a cupcake with blue frosting, and I got a blue raspberry slushie. And because of those, our tongues then turned:

100_0868.jpg
100_0869.jpg

While I was in line for these things, Lou actually met a guy who was doing American Idol that day! He was in the 4 pm show, and we would have gone if we didn’t have dinner at 3:45! As it was, we got there right when they were letting people out, and asked someone if he had won – but he hadn’t. :(

So Lou asked this guy about his audition process, etc, etc. And his wife thought we were married – that happened soooo much on this trip! I guess we look older than we are? :confused: I know we don’t act like it! :rotfl: (For proof, see any pictures of us that I’ve posted, especially the ones right above this.)

After this, we headed back over to Rock n’ Roller Coaster to grab some Fastpasses before going on Toy Story Midway Mania, and so we got them for 7:40. We thought “Perfect! We can go on Rock n’ Roller Coaster, and then we can go to the 8:30 Fantasmic Show!” Right? Any normal person would think that 30 minutes would be fine, right? Nope. You’ll see!

We headed back to Pixar Place to go on Toy Story Midway Mania, and it was pretty fun! My hand hurt a lot after it, I couldn’t figure out a good way to hold the little trigger thing. Lou creamed me in it, but don’t worry, he’ll get his ego deflated soon.

As I said, this was Lou’s favorite attraction, and I must admit, it was really awesomely themed! I actually felt like I was in a toybox, although I am sad I didn’t get to see Mr. Potato Head, since we did the Fastpass line.

After this, it was time for dinner at Hollywood & Vine. The whole diner theme was pretty cool, but the food wasn’t anything spectacular. It wasn’t as awful as I’ve heard people have say, but it was definitely our least favorite meal. Maybe it was because we found out that we had to get to Fantasmic no later than 7:15. That’s right. A full hour and 15 minutes before it starts! And we’re in the reserved section! That means no Rock n’ Roller Coaster before we go. Sigh.

After dinner (i.e. – our late lunch), we headed over to Muppet*Vision 3D! And right away, I had Lou look under the mat. He didn’t think we were allowed to… I was like “Just lift it up!!!! Excuse me, are we allowed to lift this? See? Told you!”

And then he didn’t lift it up enough, so he didn’t think there was a key under there. But yes, there was. I knew I was right.

100_0877.jpg

And I knew Lou would love this show, because there are penguins in it, so we sat right in the front, so he could see them. I also took a no flash photo of them with their cannon.

100_0889.jpg

After we went outside, I pointed out the Hidden Mickey in the fountain…

100_0891.jpg

And we headed off to.. somewhere I didn’t take photos! So I think it was the Indiana Jones show. That was pretty cool, but Lou didn’t think the guy who was a plant was a plant… I told him that guy wasn’t really an audience member.. he didn’t believe me!

Truth be told, I sort of forgot he was until about half-way through the show… :rolleyes1

After that, we headed over to the Backlot Express Tour. Lou didn’t want to do this, but I knew he’d enjoy it. He just got turned off by the word “walking tour”. When we got in line, we were right in the back, so we heard a Cast Member say “excuse me…” When we turned around, he was talking to the people next to us. They got picked to volunteer for the ‘Harbor Attack’ scene. I was like “argg!” cause I wanted to volunteer for that, and forgot to ask! At that point, I thought it was too late, so I gave up. But then, a few minutes later, that same guy came back, and said “Excuse me” to us, and so we turned around, and were like “Yes?”

So he gave us this little spiel about “Some of our actors haven’t shown up today..” and I cut him off and was like “Yes, we’ll do it! Let’s go!”

So we were the deck swabbers, and we got all dolled up in our fancy GIANT boots (did you know you keep your shoes on in those? My sandals stayed in them when took my feet out) and blue suits, and were sent out to wipe off the boat with wet towels. I really wish I had a movie of our acting, it was great. And if you didn’t catch the sarcasm in that, it was there. Dripping. Like we were after we got splashed with those torpedoes. I will say, actually, that we were much better than the people we watched – so maybe it’s all relative. (If you can't tell, Lou's head is SOAKED in this picture)

100_0897.jpg

We had to put our stuff in a locker while we were performing, and they said “Now, whoever is more responsible gets the key to the locker.” And we both pretty much were like “Yep, that would go to me/Danica.”

After that part, we went on the tram tour, which was good. I was just waiting for Catastrophe Canyon though – and I think this sums it up pretty well:

100_0915.jpg

After this, we walked back to Sunset Boulevard, to Fantasmic. We were not expecting just so many flies to be there there! Swarms of them, flying all around people. You would see people waving, and I thought they were just trying to start the wave again (it just kept going and going and going and going….) but then you’d realize – everyone was doing that… and then you’d see the flies. And by then, it was too late for you. Just kidding about that last part, actually. But it was a lot of flies. And it was the day I didn’t bring bug spray.

Fantasmic itself was awesome. I can’t believe I’ve never gone to see it before, although I can see why my family hasn’t attempted it – even though we got there an hour early, the theatre was almost all the way filled up. We had good seats though, since we arrived at the reserved section so early – pretty high up, not too far on the side, so we could see almost everything.

It was weird – when we sat down, it was bright out, and by the time the show started, it was dark. And of course, 10 minutes before the show started, it began pouring. Luckily we had our ponchos, so on those went, and we were nice and dry.

100_0944.jpg
100_0971.jpg
100_0979.jpg

After the show, I said we could stay and ride more rides, but Lou wanted to get over to Downtown Disney, so off we went to Saratoga Springs so Lou could go drop stuff off at our room, and I was sent on the mission to go pick things up from the main building that we had sent there.

After that, we caught the bus to Downtown Disney (it came right away). And guess which store we went in first on a whim? The Christmas store. And for a store I didn’t think we were going to spend any time in, guess what it had? An entire room of Jack Skellington stuff! Oops. I forgot who I was shopping with. Someone bought the following (all Nightmare Before Christmas related):

-A Football Jersey
- 2 Tee Shirts
- A fleece blanket
- A pajama set (Oh wait, this one was for me….)

Not to mention the two Jack pins he bought from Pin Traders while I was getting our food at the Earl of Sandwich.

We thought the stores were open until 11:30, but they were only open until 11, so we decided we’d have to come back another night to continue looking at more stores, since we only made it into two of them.

At Earl, we got an Original 1762 (mine) and an All American (his) along with a Cupcake Coronet (mine, and delicious for breakfast the next morning) and a brownie (his – delicious for breakfast a few mornings after that)

100_0987.jpg
100_0988.jpg

We were really feeling tired after our sandwiches, so we saved our desserts and headed home, where I put on my new Nightmare pajamas, and we collapsed, once again, until 7 am the next morning.

End of Day 3.

Sorry I don't have many pictures for the end of day 3 - I don't know why I don't! It made it hard to remember what we did....

I adore Fantasmic. I know for most people it's either Wishes or Illuminations, but for me, my favorite nighttime fireworks extravaganza is definitely Fantasmic.

Can't wait for more TR!!

Great update ! My DD wanted those PJ's also! lol! of course again I talked her out of them if she got all the jack stuff she wanted I'd be broke! That's cool that you met up with someone that was doing AIE! We all loved the toy story mania ride also! :thumbsup2 fantasmic looks great we missed it!

I guess I'll have to wait til tommorrow to find out how AIE went for LOU! :lmao: I love to torture ppl! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter