theories on the august 12th big announcement....

I'm hoping for free dining myself!

I haven't listened to the podcast myself, but someone who did said it was mentioned it would be like the 4/3 deal but with "complications." Whatever that means.

Personally, I'm hoping it's not free dining or maybe free dining for those of you who want that and a decent room discount (40% please) for the rest of us. Now that the dining plan doesn't include appetizers it doesn't interest me.

i'm incredibly hopeful for an early 2010 discount coming out, but I'm a bit concerned that this has only been mentioned on one podcast...normally by now several sites would have this rumor, and be talking about what the discount is:confused3

here's hoping!

Yea, I hear ya. I'll be way disappointed if this all turns out to be a hoax.

i'm incredibly hopeful for an early 2010 discount coming out, but I'm a bit concerned that this has only been mentioned on one podcast...normally by now several sites would have this rumor, and be talking about what the discount is:confused3

here's hoping!

I was thinking about that too. I remember when the 4/3 was announced, we knew the day before that the announcement was going to be late in the afternoon. Can't remember if we knew all the details but I do remember thinking I was going to have to wait all day.

here's hoping!

BTW...I know I'm late to this thread, but how do we KNOW there is going to be an announcement tomorrow about some special deal? Where did you hear this?

Yea, I hear ya. I'll be way disappointed if this all turns out to be a hoax.

This is not going to be a hoax.

This is coming from the podcast from the folks that sponsor this website. They have a very large Disney focused travel agency (Dreams Unlimited - which I am neither endorsing or discouraging) and they probably have the inside scoop from someone at Disney themselves.

They said specifically that it would be released on Aug 12 and that it was a more confusing offer than years past.

Having said that, I have not seen it on any other website either...but the comment was made in passing and not something that was put in writing anywhere, so it is highly possible that it was just sorta "leaked" in passing. Not that any major information was shared, just enough to get us all curious over here! :)

MY THOUGHTS (not at all from the podcast): I think it may actually be minimum 7 nights 40% off room + Free Dining for Deluxe and then other offers - different offers - for Mods and Values. That would explain the extra confusion. And the "big day"... as that would truly be a big announcement. I have an extra $200 in my account that just might have to be booked for that sort of vacation...should that be the offer. ;) It may just be too good to pass up and Disney WOULD get a few thousand dollars that I would not have spent on another vacation. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1

MY THOUGHTS (not at all from the podcast): I think it may actually be minimum 7 nights 40% off room + Free Dining for Deluxe and then other offers - different offers - for Mods and Values. That would explain the extra confusion. And the "big day"... as that would truly be a big announcement. I have an extra $200 in my account that just might have to be booked for that sort of vacation...should that be the offer. ;) It may just be too good to pass up and Disney WOULD get a few thousand dollars that I would not have spent on another vacation. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1

Hmm you know I think I have $200 in my account I might have to hang onto as well. Great idea and I really really really hope that your guess is right, 40% off free dining or any great deal on the deluxes would get my $$ secured for next years vacation.

No one has mentioned whether they think this will be released to Disney Visa cardholders first. Any thoughts?

I like the way you think :banana:
I admit, if it is something like 40% off PLUS free dining at a deluxe, I'll be booking the day they release it :thumbsup2 If that kind of deal comes out the hard part will be for my DS to figure out which deluxe he wants to stay at b/c this yr. it's his turn to choose our resort :goodvibes

This is not going to be a hoax.

This is coming from the podcast from the folks that sponsor this website. They have a very large Disney focused travel agency (Dreams Unlimited - which I am neither endorsing or discouraging) and they probably have the inside scoop from someone at Disney themselves.

They said specifically that it would be released on Aug 12 and that it was a more confusing offer than years past.

Not to be a downer but the last time they said something on the podcast, specifically 2010 DCL itineraries, they were way off and incorrect. Not to say this is something not correct but since other websites / travel agencies, etc haven't mentioned anything at all I will take the information with a grain of salt.

I do hope it is real and a good discount for those that are waiting
Here is hoping for all of you :wizard:

I got an email today for dates 10/04/2009-11/24/2009. 30% off value resort, 40% off Mod and Disney Wilderness and AK lodges. Think maybe that is it?:thumbsup2

Where will this announcement be posted? We have a package booked for December already at $0% at CL GF but to possibly get 40% and FREE dining...WOW!!! Do you think it will be on the Disney website, here, mousesavers? I'm guessing if it really is that great of a deal CL rooms will go fast so I dont want to be looking in the wrong place. TIA!!!

Where will this announcement be posted? We have a package booked for December already at $0% at CL GF but to possibly get 40% and FREE dining...WOW!!! Do you think it will be on the Disney website, here, mousesavers? I'm guessing if it really is that great of a deal CL rooms will go fast so I dont want to be looking in the wrong place. TIA!!!

I would check the Disney website in the am

I have something strange to ponder...I already have a garden view booked at Poly for last week of February. I have been checking WDW website every day to see if a lagoon view becomes available (there weren't any when I booked). Yesterday, the categories available were garden view, garden view concierge, theme park view, or lagoon view concierge. Today? All that is available is garden view!!! How could almost the whole hotel book out in one day for something six months away? I find this suspect, maybe something to do with tomorrow? what do y'all think? :confused3

We were all told to watch the ABC Christmas Day parade as there would be a BIG Disney announcement. We all took it to mean that there would be a huge package deal in the works. Nope... it was only an announcement about "What will you celebrate? Get free admission on your b-day" and we all knew that anyways as it had been released prior to the parade. Needless to say there were a lot of "That was it?????" being said on the Dis. I'm not going to get my hopes up too high and I won't wake up before the crack of dawn to check my computer. If it so happens that there is a super deal being released then I will have a "WOW" :banana: moment instead of "you're kidding me...that's it????" :sad2:

Surely it wouldn't be on the Disney website before it's on the DIS!! My bet is on these boards!! :thumbsup2

Carla

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to think there will be an announcement, but not for a deal. I'm thinking they are going to formalize the rumor of going back to 180 day ADR window on October 27. A few websites are announcing it as more fact (including in the last All Ears newsletter).

The podcast specifically referred to room rates/package deals and that they were confusing. Maybe "more complicated" is a better way to put it? But they were not referring to the 180 day rule. :goodvibes

I would think it would be a little while before they start the 180 day rule announcement? Does that mean that you could start booking for April 2010 in October? Or that you could book October 2009 as soon as now?? That is confusing. :rotfl:

Isn't this about the same time as last year that the "What Will You Celebrate?" promo was announced? Maybe part of the announcement is the celebration for next year! I would love to know what the theme is going to be next year anyway! :)

Really, I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter