theories on the august 12th big announcement....

cab0ad

disney lover
DIS Podcast is reporting that there may be another discount package offered on August 7th similar to the 4/3 but with complications...any guesses anyone?:idea:

I am hoping for the 4/3, maybe it will be moderate and above only.
Possibly it will be resort only and not include tickets, but honestly once your get past the 4 day tickets it is hardly nothing to go to 7, so that wouldn't really make sense if they are looking to make more money off the deal.

hmmmm...maybe you have to take the dining plan???? Or you have to only use the QS? I know, not very creative thinking, but I'm tired! :goodvibes Anxious to see what it is, we are planning on going in June and was hoping for another 4/3 deal! Now, I will go to sleep, wake up at 2AM trying to figure this out...:surfweb: I will be anxious to see what you other dis'ers think! :wizard: Good night from Nebraska!

Maybe the number of free nights is going to scale with resort level, like they're doing with the free dining promo? Like values would be 5/2, mods and up 4/3?

Or maybe they're going to include dining on the promo, again based on resort tier? Values get 4/3 room & tix only, mods get 4/3 room, tix & QSDP, deluxes & villas get 4/3 room, tix & DDP?

Whatever it is, I'm expecting two things - first, that Disney will continue to be agressive with discounts to keep people coming through their gates, and second, that whatever we see will favor the deluxe resorts. With the lack of availability at the values during free dining and the upgrades to OKW/SSR it seems clear that Disney doesn't have to work quite so hard to fill their less expensive rooms, while most of the deluxes are still showing quite a bit of availability for the fall value season.

I can't tell if the announcement is 8-7 which has come and gone; so, it's 8-12 for a new offer, right?

I agree that the resort selection will probably be limited. I also think that you will HAVE to take the 7 day tickets and not the 1 day that so many of us AP holders did earlier...

that being said, I will be watching for it in the hopes that it goes into 2010, but I think that chance is small since it is still REALLY early to be putting out 2010 discounts (or at least 2010 discounts past late January)

I can't wait to see what it is!!! It does seem awfully early to announce discounts too far into 2010 but I'll certainly take it.
We had the 4/3 this past June and loved it. I'm getting ready to book June 2-10 at Riverside so my fingers are crossed!! Here's wishing everyone lots of luck and pixiedust!! :wizard:

Carla

Sounds interesting...we took advantage earlier this year on the 4/3 deal & I thought it was great. We did the QS plan & I liked it better...not being tied down to a certain park/place & time. I'm sure someone here on the Disboards will let us all know when it comes out!!!

I am intrigued! We took advantage of 4/3 deal last May and it was great. I agree that it seems early to announce a spring deal but I would take it. I think they released the 4/3 deal last November, right? We are getting ready to nail down our dates for May 2010, hoping for BC/YC again! We need a deal though!

I am intrigued! We took advantage of 4/3 deal last May and it was great. I agree that it seems early to announce a spring deal but I would take it. I think they released the 4/3 deal last November, right? We are getting ready to nail down our dates for May 2010, hoping for BC/YC again! We need a deal though!

Yep, it was Nov when the 4/3 first came out BUT Disney released the fall/winter 2009 discounts early this year too. Usually codes for Oct-Dec don't come out until mid-August. So maybe we will see the promo for the first part of 2010 come out early as well.

oooh! So exciting! Count me in for this watch! When are the announcements generally made, first thing in the am? I am booked for February 2010 but desperately hoping for some kind of discount or offer!

I too am interested in this! I hope it's 4/3 again! I have been trying to make my ressie for 16 nights at cr garden wing In Jan but at the moment they only have club available:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I'm interested. Can someone please tell me what the dates were last year for the 4/3?

I'm going in December and will find it truly hard to believe if Disney first releases free dining for my dates, then the 28% off for my dates, and then a 4/3 deal.

Although, I did get two different pins for our dates, so I guess anything is possible?!

I am hoping they release spring codes early!! We are going in March, we haven't booked yet, I was going to see what kind of specials are offered. Maybe they realize with the economy the way it is, people are going to need a couple more months to save!

I'm interested. Can someone please tell me what the dates were last year for the 4/3?

From early January, just after New Years, through early June at first. Then they extended it all the way until mid-Aug, ending just before free dining starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!