The "World" May Never Be The Same! *We're back!* *new 8/24*

OK Sarah :wave: no more lurking promise :rolleyes1 it was such a nice surprise to see you and your family. I was there with my niece ( 30 years old and her 1st visit to WDW) and when I saw you, I thought I know her from some where and I said OMG that's KindaKrazy, so after explaining to Bridget (my niece) how I knew who you were, she was a little :confused3 but I told her all about Dis boards then she understood, anyway wanted to let you know it was great to meet the real Sarah, and your girls are SOOO cute, your a very nice looking family.

To all the other Dis'ers who love the POP, it was my first time staying there and I loved it :cool1: I thought I saw the Dis party was on the 22nd, we were sitting at Petals, but since I was always just lurking was a little shy about just coming over, but now wished I did...next time I will :woohoo:

Sarah I am enjoying ready your trip report.. sorry to hear about the first night hotel :scared1: but at least it happened before Disney, and you had something happy to think about while there. I will try not to be just a lurker with this report ;)

Hey! There you are!! :wave2:

Nothing like calling you out by name, eh? :rotfl:

It was so nice to meet you at Crystal Palace that night. It was our last night and were heading out to watch Wishes one last time and then head to the Glow Party. You should have come over and joined us! We had a great time thanks the Keliblue's hard work planning it all!

It is hard to explain to people about the Dis obsession! HG thought I was nuts at first and then totally got into the whole Dis sighting thing once we got there and was handing out my cards left, right and centre! I think I have converted him to the Dis-side!

:wave2: Irishtinkerbell... I'm from MI too! I'm just transplanted here in NC!
No more lurking! It's much more fun out here!! ;)

Buzz is right - more fun to come out and join in the banter!

Besides, know you "know" us! No need to lurk anymore!

Ewww to the hotel room. So grossed out. Seriously the kids are adorable.

cannot wait for another chapter!!!

Ewww to the hotel room. So grossed out. Seriously the kids are adorable.

cannot wait for another chapter!!!

Thanks Kim!

I hoped to get the next chapter done tonight but I have an appointment to get my nails done. Yes, I'm a girly-girl! :cutie:

Thanks Michelle! Maybe there will be more tomorrow. Maybe! :rolleyes1

California Adventure is nice but not as "Disney" as the other one. Completely California themed and the rides are like crazy mouse, giant swings, etc. More like typical amusement park type rides. We really like it but it doesn't scream "mickey mouse".

You can do both parks in 4-5 days easy. Then go to the beach!

Cool....Looks like I got a new trip to plan!!

I am thinking 2010........

Have a trip in Oct 2008 and then really need to work on getting an addtion for our house, to have to put off another trip after that for 2 years:sad2:

Cool....Looks like I got a new trip to plan!!

I am thinking 2010........

Have a trip in Oct 2008 and then really need to work on getting an addtion for our house, to have to put off another trip after that for 2 years:sad2:

No, no, no, no, no!

2010 you have to come here to Vancouver for the Olympics!

Thanks Kim!

I hoped to get the next chapter done tonight but I have an appointment to get my nails done. Yes, I'm a girly-girl! :cutie:

I need to do that. Mine are all starting to break and looking really rough lately. But I'm not a girly-girl. Haven't worn a dress since my sister got married 7 years ago.:rotfl:

I need to do that. Mine are all starting to break and looking really rough lately. But I'm not a girly-girl. Haven't worn a dress since my sister got married 7 years ago.:rotfl:

I'm a dress girl! Funny thing is that I was a total tomboy until I had my kids. I was determined that Belle was going to be just like me. Bought the Little Tykes workbench for her and everything - you know what the little bugger did? She hung her necklaces from the pegs! So I gave in and sold it and bought her the dollhouse. And now I wear a dress!

Subscribing. Can't wait to read more. Your girls are absolutely adorable. :)

Thanks Tina! Glad to have you on board!

Woops...My bad....Not in the know with the olympics:rotfl2:

I'll let you get away with it this time Sharky! :rotfl:

I preferred the Big Island. We went to Hilo, Kona on the Big Island and Lahaina (sp?) on Maui and then onto Waikiki. We were originally booked to go into Kauai as well but our itinerary changed.

Disney is up next.....or is it? :lmao:

I would love to go to Kauai and I also heard Lanai is VERY NICE--not as touristy as the rest.

It better be! :mad:

:goodvibes Just kidding...I hope you get started on the fun stuff soon though!

I'm a dress girl! Funny thing is that I was a total tomboy until I had my kids. I was determined that Belle was going to be just like me. Bought the Little Tykes workbench for her and everything - you know what the little bugger did? She hung her necklaces from the pegs! So I gave in and sold it and bought her the dollhouse. And now I wear a dress!

That is SO SO funny!!! :rotfl2:

You guys are so funny!!! I've just been lurking and reading in the shadows the last little bit LOL!!! Sarah, your girls are so stinkin adorable!!!! I so want to have a little girl for all the dresses, dolls and pink stuff LOL

The Trip Chapter 2 - The Next Day

I don't think I slept at all in the Bate's motel last night. Not a single wink. I kept waiting for the masked man with the chainsaw to burst through the door.....

And I was also a little afraid we'd sleep in and miss our early morning flight! :scared:

Well, with good reason too. As you already know the motel was in less then stellar condition and when we arrived the clock radio was not set to the right time so we didn't know if it was in fact working. We set it and crossed our fingers!

Okay, so we set HG's cell phone alarm too.

I tend to be a worrier in case you hadn't noticed! :rolleyes:

The one thing that I thought this motel (and I struggle to even call it that for I fear it was more a "rent a room by the hour" kind of place) was that they would let us leave the truck there while we were away thus saving us the frightening parking fees at the airport. I just crossed my fingers as we were told we had to move it over by the back door at the Chinese food place next door. Please don't let anyone steal Moosey!

Yes, my truck has a name and her name is Moosey. And yes, she's a girl. :cutie:

Our flight was at 8:40am and the scary hotel was only about 15 mins away and yet we were told by the freaky guy at the front desk that we would have to be on the 6am shuttle. Um okay. But why? Because we were told if we weren't then they wouldn't take us to the airport.

Okay then. See you at 6am!

At 6:10am there we were at the airport. Ready to go. With no plane anywhere in sight.

What to do with 2 kids who are wound up tighter then a drum at some un-earthly hour of the morning? You feed them!

My tummy wasn't feeling so good. Still on antibiotics so I wrote it off to that and scurried around and got the family fed and made sure we had snacks and water for the plane ride. Doing all the good things that mommies do before strapping our kids into a metal tube and then shoot them up in the air and hope the thing stays there. :scared:

Ya, still not a fan of flying. :sad2:

Time passes and it is almost time to board. One last trip to the bathroom for the kids. "But mommy, I don't have to go" "Tough, you're going". Ya, mean mommy comes out again because the only thing I am more afraid of then planes is plane bathrooms!

Back into the A line where HG had held our place and I sent him to the bathroom. Yep, he's not allowed to pee on the plane either.

Then it was finally time. Time to board.

They scanned our boarding passes and we made the long walk down the gangway to the plane. I'm breathing harder then I should be at this point and trying not to freak out. Keep it together here.

Then I saw the plane. Oh no! I am really going to have to do this!

Touch the plane. Touch the outside. I saw on a tv show once that some random celebrity was afraid to fly so she touched the outside of the plane before she got on it and that made her feel better. I have no idea now who it was and it doesn't matter but I followed her lead and touched the plane. I made the kids touch it too! They thought it was cool. I did it to keep the plane in the air!

Okay, we got on and found 3 seats on one side and one on the other side of the isle.

Got everyone strapped and in and I took this pic!

IMG_7345.jpg

Awwww.....don't they look calm and happy? Just wait for it.....

The rest of the people filed on and stowed their luggage somewhere. I always wonder how many of the people who fly can read because I am fairly certain that it is clearly marked everywhere that the limit for carry-ons is 1 plus 1 small personal item and yet most people walk on with a suitcase, a laptop bag, a backpack, a shopping bag, a purse and some large object wrapped in brown paper. Just an observation, that's all. :confused3

Anyways, back to the story.

Everyone is on and the luggage has been stowed. The doors have been closed and we push back from the gate.

So far, so good right?

Wait for it.....

The captain comes on and welcomes us onboard and lets us know that our flight time to Salt Lake City will be 1 hour and 55 mins.

Did you catch that?

Salt Lake City! :eek:

We're going to Albuquerque! :eek: :eek:

Wait!!!

I said WAIT!!!!

WE'RE ON THE WRONG PLANE!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG YOU'RE ON THE WRONG PLANE!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's kind of funny...and nerve wracking at the same time.:scared1: Not to laugh at your dilemma or anything.

You MUST POST ANOTHER UPDATE TONIGHT!! You can't leave us hangin like this!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And Bates motel and a chainsaw...:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oh, that is just wrong!! You can't leave us hanging like that - not with you on the wrong plane!!! :eek: How in the world did that happen?? :confused3 I'm assuming you eventually got on the correct plane - or at least got to your original destination. You did say you were back!! ;) Here's hoping you didn't spend your Disney trip in the Bate's Motel!!

Michelle

:eek: No wait... :scared1:
How is that even possible?!?!?
Hello!!! Homeland Security people!
Okay... so mean border crossing Nazi won't let you bring chocolate chip cookies into this country (which is just wrong because Americans LOVE them ;) ) but they will let you get on the wrong plane?!?!
:sad2:

You guys are so funny!!! I've just been lurking and reading in the shadows the last little bit LOL!!! Sarah, your girls are so stinkin adorable!!!! I so want to have a little girl for all the dresses, dolls and pink stuff LOL

I just had to say that the very definition of adorable is in your siggie! Every time you post, that picture makes me smile! OMG.... soooo cute!! :goodvibes

BUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :rotfl2:

were you REALLY on the wrong plane????? Sarah darling, ONLY YOU!!!!

(unless the capitan was trying to freak you out and now your freaking us out?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter