• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The WOnDeRs - THE RESULTS ARE IN - W/C 21st April

But I didn't gain anything either.

Quote of the Week:
Before eating something you don't need tell yourself "I don't need that I already know what it tastes like". :)

I like this quote. I think I will try this. I am getting in a good amount of exercise. I managed to get in a 45 min DVD workout in 4 times this week plus my dance class (3 hours but really repetitive)

Last week I was busy, and we celebrated Public Safety Telecomunicators' Week by going out for dinner. I had the entree salad but I think the slushy "twisted rockets" weren't the most ahem lightweight choices. :rolleyes:

Last night when I wanted cake soooo much I could almost taste it...(darn food network!) I popped in the workout DVD instead. (There was no cake in the house)

This week should be better - busy in a way that is not as close to food. Or Twisted Rockets. ;)

Quote of the Week:
Before eating something you don't need tell yourself "I don't need that I already know what it tastes like". :)

How many calories if I just lick it to make sure my memory is correct?

I was thinking of the brownies on the counter, but the kids already ate them anyway. (sigh) At least they are helping me out by eating all the good stuff before it tempts me.

WOW! I can't believe we all lost that amount in one week! :banana: :banana: :banana: Well done everyone we all deserve a nice bar of choco...errr I mean bowl of salad to celebrate! :rolleyes1

Keep up the good work....I'll post my result after my weigh in on weds.

OK, 1.6 seems to be my magic number.

Down 1.6 this week, which means 3.2 total. I guess I will have to be satisfied with slow and steady :)

--Daneen

I was thinking of the brownies on the counter, but the kids already ate them anyway. (sigh) At least they are helping me out by eating all the good stuff before it tempts me.

Brownies don't have to be a no-no...just use EggBeaters (or similar) and applesauce instead of whole eggs and oil. It's the only way I make them now. :thumbsup2

Brownies don't have to be a no-no...just use EggBeaters (or similar) and applesauce instead of whole eggs and oil. It's the only way I make them now. :thumbsup2

Is that for a mix? I really need the recipe for making them by scratch with substitutions. I don't use any oil- wait, maybe that's what the whole stick of butter is? :confused: How much applesauce? Any way to reduce the entire cup of sugar I'm dumping in there? Please help so I don't have to make these anymore and not taste them. :scared:

Is that for a mix? I really need the recipe for making them by scratch with substitutions. I don't use any oil- wait, maybe that's what the whole stick of butter is? :confused: How much applesauce? Any way to reduce the entire cup of sugar I'm dumping in there? Please help so I don't have to make these anymore and not taste them. :scared:

Sorry...I only use the pre-made mixes (and with my cooking skills -- even that is a stretch!). As far as substituting applesauce, I usually put in the same amount of oil/butter the recipe (mix) calls for. I'm sure there's a more exact way to do it, but I've never bothered to find out what it is.

Anyone else out there that can help us?

If you need a chocolate fix, try the Weight Watchers Giant Fudge Bars. They are only 1 point (110 calories and somehow or another 5 grams of fiber - who knew?) and really satisfy my need for chocolate ice cream. It's not a Mickey Bar :mickeybar but I am guessing that a Mickey Bar is WAY more than 110 calories. :laughing:

I lost 5 pounds last week. I'm down 7 total.

Unfortunately, I lost my weight by not eating. I spent 3 days in the hospital with my 14 month old daughter. I was too nervous and stressed to think about eating.

It's a new week and my sweet baby is feeling better. I'm not going to try to lose this week... instead I am going to keep off the weight I lost.

Good job to everyone else! :thumbsup2

I have been struggling with my last 6 pounds to WOnDeRland:yay: I will get there, this week. I weigh-in, again, next Monday. I've been doing spin class, aqua-aerobics, aquafit, weight machines and treadmill, at the gym. It's working great, but I've hit a plateau. It seems I need to increase my protein, again. Every time I increase, I lose a ton of weight. I've lost 30 lbs., since January, doing this. So, here goes :)

It sounds like you are all doing great!! Good Luck to everyone!!! :thumbsup2

Hoping for good luck this week....I've lost 30 lbs. and this is the 30th post on this thread!! I know, I know...I'm a bit goofy, but this gives me hope the plateau will break :)

I lost 5 pounds last week. I'm down 7 total.

Unfortunately, I lost my weight by not eating. I spent 3 days in the hospital with my 14 month old daughter.

Gosh, so sorry to hear that! I know exactly what you mean. We have had 4 hospital stays over the years with DS (all for different things) and each time I am too nervous to eat. Glad she is feeling better!

--Daneen

Wow.. everyone is doing great:banana: I can't believe we've lost a small child around here somewhere :cool1: and all the losses for this week are great. I got all excited last Tuesday when I weighted myself and saw 160.5 but that was just a teaser or somethign because I haven't seen more then another .5 pound loss the rest of the week.. so I'm going to report loosing a 1/2 pound... but hey, it's not gaining, and it's headed in the right direction. I managed to pass on eating bad twice this weekend and again at a party last night I didn't touch the cake... I did work out 5 days last week, gave a half hearted attempt to running in the rain yesterday but I've decided today that I'm going to go to the gym the rest of the week to get in my exercise. I need to get back into kickboxing. I've gotta get it in gear.. only 12 more days until Disney and 2.5 pounds to loose. I know it's possible, but grrr, i'm sick of seeing the same #'s on the scale. This is about the time I start giving into temptation.:scared:

so are we setting weekly exercise goals? I walk the dogs about three or four times a week, or whenever the bossy one sits and barks at me till I get her leash. Shall we set a goal of say, three days this week walk for a while? And keep in mind, I might be stalking you... so you may start walking and notice me chasing you.

Ok what do we need to do to get started in this. I am not exteremely big but big for my height. I have the beginning stages of heart disease and the doctor said I have to get some of this weight off. I can't seem to do it by myself and I can't afford Jenny Craig because I use the money for my disney trips. I have to get this weight off somehow. I am 4'11 and I weigh 165lbs. I want to get down to about 135ish. That is my pre-baby weight for my second child and I felt real good at that weight. So how do I get on board. I need all the help I can get.

there is this puppet I can chase you with... it is a really scary puppet!

I am getting started by moving more... walking the dogs. In the morning, in the evening, walk as far as ya can... then check back in here and report on progress.

So how do I get on board. I need all the help I can get.

I am eating a light breakfast(1/2 small bagel with 1oz cheese or cereal w/1/2c soy milk), Lean Cuisine type lunch(under 300cal), veggies for snacks, 1 piece of fruit, and smaller portions of what I'd usually cook for dinner for the family. I'm also only having cream in my coffee for the first cup only and drinking more water-with Crystal Light. I am trying to park my car further and walk more, and this week my goal is toning exercises 4x/wk. So far, it hasn't killed me and I'm not as hungry this week(or grumpy) as last week.

so are we setting weekly exercise goals? I walk the dogs about three or four times a week, or whenever the bossy one sits and barks at me till I get her leash. Shall we set a goal of say, three days this week walk for a while? And keep in mind, I might be stalking you... so you may start walking and notice me chasing you.

I think this is a great idea because I hate to exercise. I have managed to walk every day for 30 min but this would keep me motivated. I cant think of any really cool ideas for exercise challange other than 30min=1 pt. Every person keeps track of their points for the week. We report our points with our loss and someone is the winner for the week. I will most likely never win this but it might be a fun idea. And keep us motivated to try and win.

Let's talk about rewards here -- I remember in the past when I would lose weight I would always tell myself..."okay, as soon as I drop 10lbs. I'm going to get a hot fudge sundae". I have stopped doing this as I know my love of food is the reason I was overweight to start with. So now I reward myself with non-food items. Maybe some new clothing, or similar. One of my "splurges" for our upcoming trip to WDW in August was to get in on one of the Photopass Shares. It won't cost much, but it's something we've never done before that I've always wanted to. Do you know how many years of WDW memories I have that look like my DH is a single dad because I was always embarrassed to be in front of the camera? Well...that's about to change!

Keep up the good work everyone!!! :thumbsup2

hm, could we come up with distances relative to being in the parks, like a lap around world showcase? or from maingate of MK to toon town? or the walk from DHS to International Gateway? Or the distance of Pete's restraining order for his stalker(S)?

Aaron was wearing a pedometer during his recent visit -- I wonder if he kept track of any specific distances? Calling ADP, come in please...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter