The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banana::banana::banana::banana:I'm working extra days at work to pay for this trip, and I'm making sure we have enough to shop like crazy in the WWoHP. And eat at the Three Broomsticks. That Ellen show was a good teaser. I hope for all you AP holders that you also have a preview, maybe next week? We'll be there in a little over 2 weeks now, and I am sooooooo excited. We should be getting some new news on these boards soon- maybe even pictures:banana::banana::banana::banana:

EMPLOYEE PREVIEWS!!!!!???? WHEN???? Finally!!! Are you sure?

Maybe this answers your question:

Courtesy of King_K., Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

King_K. said:
About time for TM Previews.

Ticket Distribution for Team Member Preview of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ Begins Monday, May 17 - (HOT)
Team Member Preview dates and times will be communicated at Team Member Ticket Distribution.

Ticket Distribution Dates & Times

Monday, May 17

* Wardrobe: 7:00am – 5:00pm
* Exchange Dr.: 9:30am – 4:30pm
* CityWalk: 9:00am – 8:00pm

Tuesday, May 18

* Wardrobe: 7:00am – 5:00pm
* Exchange Dr.: 9:30am – 4:30pm
* CityWalk: 7:00am – 6:00pm

PLEASE NOTE: The Team Member Preview is for UO Team Members only and is not open to guests, third party team members, or concessionaires.

I have just seen photos of some of the honeydukes sweets that are going to be on sale at WWOHP, on the Orlando United Harry Potter thread. Not sure if I'm allowed to link, so all I will say for now is.... WOW!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

I am going to be spending so much money on my next trip!!! :rotfl:

It is fine to link or post anything from other sites as long as you give the proper credits.

I guess you are refering to these pics: :)

Courtesy of jj3352, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

jj3352 said:
Amazing No?
CandyBar.jpg

acidpops.jpg

wandboxes.jpg

OwlPost.jpg

laal.jpg

IceMice.jpg

Honeydukes.jpg

Ok Don Pancho I think you maybe the best to answer my question or at least direct it to someone who could.
I bought tickets back in December (when they were only $99 for the week long pass). People keep posting things about if you bought your tickets before March something or other that you will be allowed access if there is a soft opening.
We would be excited yes if we were allowed on FJ, but what we really want is to be allowed into the shops and restaurant.
Do you know if this will be allowed for us?
We will be there June 7th and 8th. For the 8th we have Express Passes and for the 7th we will have a Guest Assistance Pass for our daughter.
Like I said we would be thrilled if FJ is open, but would REALLY like it if the shops were at least accessible to us.

Ok Don Pancho I think you maybe the best to answer my question or at least direct it to someone who could.
I bought tickets back in December (when they were only $99 for the week long pass). People keep posting things about if you bought your tickets before March something or other that you will be allowed access if there is a soft opening.
We would be excited yes if we were allowed on FJ, but what we really want is to be allowed into the shops and restaurant.
Do you know if this will be allowed for us?
We will be there June 7th and 8th. For the 8th we have Express Passes and for the 7th we will have a Guest Assistance Pass for our daughter.
Like I said we would be thrilled if FJ is open, but would REALLY like it if the shops were at least accessible to us.
In order to enter WWoHP before the 6/18 grand opening, you had to have purchased a hotel package for WWoHP...it doesn't matter when you purchased your park tickets. If you didn't purchase one of the hotel packages, you will not be allowed into WWoHP prior to the grand opening.

I hope for all you AP holders that you also have a preview, maybe next week?
Thanks but I think we are still a couple of weeks away from previews. The schedule that was posted is only for the ticket distribution...not the actual TM preview. Those dates have NOT been announced yet. But...we are getting close.

Looks like Universal did a great job with the Honeydukes stuff.. cannot wait to get some. Family and friends and placing their orders with me already!

Not even to the shops? :(
No...all of WWoHP is off limits except to those who purchased the hotel packages. Now...who knows if they will allow people in before 6/18? Something could change but as of now...it's a no go except for onsite guests. I'm waiting for some word on a Passholder preview but I think that's still weeks away. Personally...I think Universal is making a mistake by keeping everyone out except for hotel guests but that's their issue.

I think what will happen is that packageholders will be let in until about 11 o'clock and then it will be softs for the rest of the park-goers. They are going to be wanting to sell as much merchandise as possible.

I think a soft opening available to all guests is quite likely before Memorial Day weekend, from what I'm hearing. TM's are being told to arrive in costume this week already.

I think a soft opening available to all guests is quite likely before Memorial Day weekend, from what I'm hearing. TM's are being told to arrive in costume this week already.
I'll make sure to keep my eye on emails and my mailbox this week. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Over on orlandounited, they're talking about the TM previews to not include the new ride, the Forbidden Journey. Making me nervous!

I think what will happen is that packageholders will be let in until about 11 o'clock and then it will be softs for the rest of the park-goers. They are going to be wanting to sell as much merchandise as possible.

I sure hope so. Being there June 7-8th we REALLY want to get some merchandise and maybe at least ride Dragons.:worried:

this is getting sooo exciting - I cant belive how good everything looks! Im sure there will be a lot of honeydukes items in my luggage to take home!!!! Im keen to know about the annual passholders "potential" events - when they do these events how, close are they normally to the offical opening?? We fly out on the 4th June so fingers crossed it will be after that date

When I saw those pictures of the Honeydukes treats, I squealed with happiness. I'm so impressed with how Universal is really paying attention to all the details, all of the preview pictures I've seen look fantastic. I'm so glad they're going all-out with this and not doing it half-heartedly.

My wallet, however, is squealing in terror! Looks like I'm going to be buying a lot of things "for the kids." ;)

When I saw those pictures of the Honeydukes treats, I squealed with happiness. I'm so impressed with how Universal is really paying attention to all the details, all of the preview pictures I've seen look fantastic. I'm so glad they're going all-out with this and not doing it half-heartedly.

My wallet, however, is squealing in terror! Looks like I'm going to be buying a lot of things "for the kids." ;)

That is how Universal does it. I think a lot of people who usually go to Disney who are going to come to see Harry Potter (and the rest of the park) are going to be quite surprised by themeing details. :rolleyes1

We have yet to be dissappointed.

That is how Universal does it. I think a lot of people who usually go to Disney who are going to come to see Harry Potter (and the rest of the park) are going to be quite surprised by themeing details. :rolleyes1

We have yet to be dissappointed.

:thumbsup2 I tend to agree with your post!!!

Our vacation at Universal starts June 17th and ends June 20th. I am too thinking about what sort of budget will be required. I plan to make this the trip of a life time as a birthday present for my three children. I want to purchase the "wand that chooses you" for each of them and I am expecting that to run around $40 as the most expensive wands for sale on WB website is $39.50. I purchased one for my eldest daughter for her Christmas last year.

I want to purchase the wands in the park in hopes that it does some sort of interaction with the park. "Wand accessories will be availabel at Dervish and Banges, and Universal is looking into getting the wands to interact with other parts Hogsmeade." I think this quote was from Mugglenetdotcom.

Wonder what "wand accessories" are?

I am getting more and more excited about the opening each day it comes closer.

Metro West - actually if you have room only reservations at the Universal hotels that were booked before 3/25 for May 28 through 6/17 you are allowed a preview also. It's not just for packages booked. Trust me, I've had this confirmed many times since we will be there then. :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter