• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our vacation at Universal starts June 17th and ends June 20th. I am too thinking about what sort of budget will be required. I plan to make this the trip of a life time as a birthday present for my three children. I want to purchase the "wand that chooses you" for each of them and I am expecting that to run around $40 as the most expensive wands for sale on WB website is $39.50. I purchased one for my eldest daughter for her Christmas last year.

I read ( on Universal United, I think ) that some wands will cost much, much more than anything on WB. These are made only for Universal. Some will run you $100.00!! It will be VERY HARD to say no to a child when "the wand picks the person" . I hope the bargain basement wand picks my kids. $100.00? OUCH!!!!!

((Though a smart, smart move on Universal ..I can't imagine the money they are going to make when all of the Susies and Jimmys HAVE to have THAT wand))

Over on orlandounited, they're talking about the TM previews to not include the new ride, the Forbidden Journey. Making me nervous!

Someone there on UnitedOrlando ( with insider info, IMHO ) has said that FJ will not run with guests on it until the packages start.

During my last ( #10 ) call to Universal the guest service person said that I will ride FJ barring any tech issues. I guess I will find out soon enough...May 30, that is.

Virgin Atlantic Airways jet now features the Wizarding World of Harry Potter logo

timthumbba.png

You won’t need a Firebolt broomstick to take to the Wizarding World skies as Virgin Atlantic Airways in London has premiered a Boeing 747-443 sporting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter logo in promotion of the upcoming June 18 grand opening at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure.

Rumors have pointed to Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Atlantic Airways, appearing within the Wizarding World along with other celebrities as soon as this week to begin promoting the theme park addition.

Source: http://www.insidethemagic.net

Metro West - actually if you have room only reservations at the Universal hotels that were booked before 3/25 for May 28 through 6/17 you are allowed a preview also. It's not just for packages booked. Trust me, I've had this confirmed many times since we will be there then. :banana:
Ummmm...OK...if you say so. As I've stated many times before...so many things have been said to so many different people that it's hard to know what's going to happen.

Does anyone know if FJ has a single rider line? Just a random question since I use single rider lines a lot in Universal.

Does anyone know if FJ has a single rider line? Just a random question since I use single rider lines a lot in Universal.
That's a good question...I haven't seen anyone ask that on here. I'm not sure what they are going to have but I wouldn't be surprised if one is added some time in the future...if there isn't one now.

Metro West - actually if you have room only reservations at the Universal hotels that were booked before 3/25 for May 28 through 6/17 you are allowed a preview also. It's not just for packages booked. Trust me, I've had this confirmed many times since we will be there then. :banana:

I was told the same thing. I wish I had purchased my hotel room in February when I purchased my tickets. Since I didn't purchase my hotel room until after March 25th we wont be at the Preview :sad1: Oh well, at least we get in the park an hour before it opens on June 18th :yay:

A couple of things people have posted on Twitter from tonight's Pow Wow event:

fang is barking from hagrid's hut

2 wands didn't work at first. Tried to cast a spell to levitate flowers and move a ladder then the music swelled and lights came up
There was wind in the shop and then my hazel wand with a Phoenix tail inside it chose me! Amazing!

I rode a Hippogriff trainer, and saw Buckbeak!

Butter beer tastes like a mild rootbeer mixed with butterscotch. With a VERY foamy head.

Just sent out some post at the Owlry. There are 4 different types of HP stamps to send. It's pretty cramped in there!

The line for Dragons Challenge: enter in the champions tent then u see the triward tournament cup
Then you see the tournament eggs (don't remember exact names of these)
Next: a hall full of floating candles
The rest is very similar to Dueling Dragons. You chose from chinease fireball or Hungarian horntail.
In the station there are shadows of dragons fighting projected onto the tent above you

Frog choir fills the streets with 'toil and trouble' wearing different houses outfits...live music with puppets

As you pass the stores in Hogsmed you can stop at all the interactive store fronts. From the magic quill to plants coming to life

Wowed by flight of the hippogriff! Life size hippogriff you bow to so you can ride...it's moving and sitting in a nest. Very cool

:banana:

Our vacation at Universal starts June 17th and ends June 20th. I am too thinking about what sort of budget will be required. I plan to make this the trip of a life time as a birthday present for my three children. I want to purchase the "wand that chooses you" for each of them and I am expecting that to run around $40 as the most expensive wands for sale on WB website is $39.50. I purchased one for my eldest daughter for her Christmas last year.

I read ( on Universal United, I think ) that some wands will cost much, much more than anything on WB. These are made only for Universal. Some will run you $100.00!! It will be VERY HARD to say no to a child when "the wand picks the person" . I hope the bargain basement wand picks my kids. $100.00? OUCH!!!!!

((Though a smart, smart move on Universal ..I can't imagine the money they are going to make when all of the Susies and Jimmys HAVE to have THAT wand))

Would the $100 wands be part of the Noble Collection?

Here is what was in the article with Thierry Coup, Universal crative executive (saw this article on Mugglenetdotcom posted by Andrew on Jan28th). "You will be asked specific questions by the wandkeeper to determine your wand and the process should take between 2-5 minutes. Teh experience is free, but you can choose to purchase your wand ifyou like. You may, of course, select a different wand if you don't like the wand that chooses you. And you can still purchase an Ollivander's wand without going through the experience. There will also be wands available from the Noble Collection.

A Build-your-own wand station will be available for younger kids. Wand accessories will be available at Dervish and Banges, and Universal is looking into getting the wands to interact with other parts of Hogsmeade."

2-5 minutes? I hope the line goes quick or many people skip it. I know my children want to do it!

A couple of things people have posted on Twitter from tonight's Pow Wow event:

fang is barking from hagrid's hut

2 wands didn't work at first. Tried to cast a spell to levitate flowers and move a ladder then the music swelled and lights came up
There was wind in the shop and then my hazel wand with a Phoenix tail inside it chose me! Amazing!

I rode a Hippogriff trainer, and saw Buckbeak!

Butter beer tastes like a mild rootbeer mixed with butterscotch. With a VERY foamy head.

Just sent out some post at the Owlry. There are 4 different types of HP stamps to send. It's pretty cramped in there!

The line for Dragons Challenge: enter in the champions tent then u see the triward tournament cup
Then you see the tournament eggs (don't remember exact names of these)
Next: a hall full of floating candles
The rest is very similar to Dueling Dragons. You chose from chinease fireball or Hungarian horntail.
In the station there are shadows of dragons fighting projected onto the tent above you

Frog choir fills the streets with 'toil and trouble' wearing different houses outfits...live music with puppets

As you pass the stores in Hogsmed you can stop at all the interactive store fronts. From the magic quill to plants coming to life

Wowed by flight of the hippogriff! Life size hippogriff you bow to so you can ride...it's moving and sitting in a nest. Very cool

:banana:

FANTASTIC! Love all the interactive things! This will be wonderful!! I am getting more and more excited about taking the kids to the Grand Opening! :yay:

Clearly there's a percentage of people who will knock Universal no matter what, but it's getting harder and harder to not accept Harry Potter will be the new standard of theming when it comes to the parks.

And while I know some are already worried about lines, I feel bad that I probably won't be able to check this area out until later this summer. With those big lines means people who are very passionate about Harry Potter and just being around something like that can really up the enjoyment factor. I remember seeing Star Wars: The Phantom Menace on opening day in Orlando and in line were people with lightsabers, in costume, etc. There was a loud ovation when the Lucasfilm logo appeared. First time in my life a company logo got an ovation. The movie ended up being a big disappointment, but just being around that many people who loved Star Wars made the event 100 times more enjoyable than just seeing the movie two months later in an empty theater.

Just people watching in Harry Potter will be great as many fans are literally going to be seeing (and living) their dreams come true, and how many times can you experience that?

Courtesy o f Teebin, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Teebin said:
This is the most odd event I have ever seen. This whole process for this theme park addition is odd and seems like a catch up hold back play.

101996591.jpg

Since when? WHEN do they not allow photos of a theme park preview? Who came up with this marketing promotion? "Come have fun, have real fun... but don't take a picture of anything". I think they are going to get them all very drunk very fast and then put them on the ride... because it basically isn't coming up to par at all. Are they just following the lead of each of the books release? This is one twisted promotion.

All I can really say is SQUEEEEEEE!!!!! Really excited now!
Seeing it at night, hearing all the little shop window details, the fact there's an AA hip! Think we're going to be filming a lot in that area!!

It looks brill at night, hope its going to be very atmospheric :thumbsup2

Loving the Virgin Atlantic plane, would love that to be ours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter