The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrumpyFamilyof5

GrumpyFamilyof5 DIS Veteran

pheww..so glad I made my ressie at the beginning of this mth. We're going the beginning of June and staying onsite,so looks like we may have lucked out!!:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. glocon

glocon DIS Veteran

I sure do hope shl1108 got good info regarding reservations that were already made prior to today about onsite guests being able to get into WWoHP!!!!:goodvibes This info has changed my :sad1: to a glimmering of hope.....

4. shl1108

shl1108 Mouseketeer

She didn't detail exactly. But you are right, what she said is that if you made your reservations BEFORE today for either onsite or the Harry Potter package, you would have "full access to Harry Potter and all attractions".
    Made me happy, but hopefully they are not just saying these things to calm down the crowd.

5. lildamo

lildamo Mouseketeer

I feel like it's going to take some time for everybody to figure out what the plan is and how they're going to monitor everything over at Universal. I feel like we'll be getting conflicting stories for a little bit yet, but would be surprised if everybody didn't have access to at least frequent soft openings by that point -- they'll need to practice with crowds before opening the area full-time!

6. shl1108

shl1108 Mouseketeer

Me too! I was so happy when she said that, that I forgot to ask more specific questions. She was so confident with her answers and did not put me on hold once. Happily told me twice that full acces for package holders and onsite guests that had already reserved.
    I did read somewhere about the hp package holders that they would be asked to bring their confirmation email with them to the park for WWHP entrance. So maybe hotel guests bring their confirmation email with date of reservation prior to today for access! Lets hope!

7. Rags

Rags DIS Veteran

Keeping fingers and toes crossed!!!!

8. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Let's hope they follow through with this. It really annoys me when they say one thing and do another!

9. MonkeyDishwasher

MonkeyDishwasher <font color=teal>Yes!!! I got the first non-topic

Huh. I seem to recall telling people that jsut because the package dates started on May 28th didn't mean that the thing was officially open at that point. Not to toot my own horn, but neiner neiner! ;)

10. Poly-Anna

Poly-Anna Mouseketeer

Like the person shl1108 spoke to, my reservationist was very knowledgable and confident and didn't put me on hold once. I believed her and I'm not worrying about my reservation. I had booked it back in January hoping HP would be open by Memorial Day. Good guess! :banana:

11. Karpkg

Karpkg I talk to imaginary friends

I have mixed feelings, my plans were set whether or not Harry Potter was opening the week I was going to be there. They're ranging from anticipation, to disappointment to a bit of relief because it won't be super crowded and wayy crazy. I now anticipate a soft opening and the ability to explore a little easier. I was seriously thinking crowd level 10 and with young uns...I wanted our vacation to be fun and not stressful. Staying onsite without the HP package- I actually thought about cancelling and going offsite- but I think I'll still keep the reservations and just keep checking in to see what happens.

12. Preds

Preds Mouseketeer

I just spoke with a Universal Vacations reservations agent named Mikaela re: our HRH reservation that we booked back in January for May 28-31 (room only).

I told her we booked solely for the WWoHP, and that I called last month when they came out with the packages starting May 28 to confirm that WWoHP would indeed be open for us and was told that it would be, thus I booked my flights.

I then of course brought up today's news re: the June 18 Grand Opening, and my concern that we wouldn't be allowed in for our May 28-31 visit.

The agent said "all onsite guests AND people who booked the WWoHP packages will have access beginning May 28". She didn't specify what access meant of course.

I stressed that we booked room only, and she again said "Yes, as an onsite guest you WILL have access from May 28 on."

I hope this is true, because if it's not we're going to be royally pissed and US will hear about it!

13. MaleficentandGoons

MaleficentandGoons Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2

14. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Congratulations. You are going to be one of the few lucky ones that is going to have the WWoHP experience before the big crowds.

From Screamscape:

15. MaleficentandGoons

MaleficentandGoons Mouseketeer

Here is what I'm taking form all the comments made quoting Universal workers. That part of the park itself will be open but "Grand" events and maybe the big ride attraction won't be set until June 15th. I know there is talk of soft openings but I have a feeling Universal is playing this one close to the belt. No one is getting in until June 15th, not no way not no how.

I don't understand those people who are upset because they booked before a date was given. We booked for July not knowing if WWHP would definitely be open by then but it was a safe bet. I never thought it would be finished in May or even June.

16. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

The safest date was to book after June 30th. That's when the actual building contract with the general contractor expires. When this happens, the G.C. starts getting huge fines per day eating all the profits because Universal is also losing money for every day they are not open.

17. Caribbeanprincess

Caribbeanprincess Princess of the Caribbean Seas

So question, if I wanna go on the Opening Day, do I just buy normal tickets or is there a special ticket?

18. disneyismyname

disneyismyname DIS Veteran

I haven't written on this thread, but have been watching it for a long time! Today when I heard the grand opening date I booked my trip! Soo Excited! My brother and I are major HP fans and we are staying on-site for 4 nights. I've never been to Universal Studios (been to disneyworld twice) so this is different for me! Going 6/17 -6/21

19. lildamo

lildamo Mouseketeer

You would just buy normal tickets. Prepare for HUGE crowds though!

As a sidenote, if you check the official Wizarding World of Harry Potter news site, every picture is captioned with "grand opens June 18th", a subtle but important difference from "opens June 18th". This gives me another reason to believe that everything will be "open" before the grand opening.

20. gollal

gollal Earning My Ears

I too just called & the customer service agent at Universal assurred me that they would honor our package. We are booked to arrive on 6/5. She said guests who already did book the package will be permitted in. I specifically asked if the breakfast would be open and if all rides would be open. She said we would have access to all rides (if they are operating as with any park) and we would still have the 3 Broomstix Breakfast. It really does seem the "soft opening" is 5/28 then. I asked how they would know we had already purchased the package & she said we needed to bring out the emails or printed confirmations with us.

21. jessrose18

jessrose18 ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

If you booked a multiple night package do you only get to choose one day to get into IOA early?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.