The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought about it and I think I'd take the 2 hours without the gp rather than all day without the gp. I think when people first bought their package there was no mention of "no gp"... they just thought they'd have all day access.

THEN when they found out it doesn't open until June, they assumed they would get all day admission without the gp. However, they get got access for 2 hours without the gp.

I personally would be happy to take that and just go tour the rest of the park for the remainder of the day.

To all of the people that purchased the package to see WWOHP :wizard:

Sometimes things do not go as planned. Things and problems arise that change the outcome of things. I'm sure Universal did not do this on purpose to cause inconvenience or rip off anyone... And I do understand your frustration and why you are upset :confused3

Now my question is this

WOULD IT HAVE BEEN BETTER IF UNIVERSAL HAD JUST CANCELLED YOUR VACATION AND REFUNDED YOUR MONEY INSTEAD OF DOING A PREVIEW THING FOR A FEW HOURS? (not shouting, just want to stand out lol)

Some people are probably going to say absolutely not, but some people are probably going to say yes it would have been better, but to me, the whole point is that everyone should have been informed so they could make their own decision. It's my money and my vacation time and either way, I deserve the consideration of being fully informed so I can chose for myself how to spend that money and use my time. Period.

No it doesn't. Why on earth would Universal open the WWoHP all day just to package holders? The only extra thing they paid for is breakfast.

I'm assuming they close it after a few hours now because they have to ready it for the gp. Otherwise it would just be open for everyone now all day, right?

No it doesn't. Why on earth would Universal open the WWoHP all day just to package holders? The only extra thing they paid for is breakfast.

For the love of god, this is what it said on my eticket:

Valid Only For: 2 Adults
EARLY PARK ADMISSION TO ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE: Enjoy Early Park Admission to Universal's Islands of Adventure. The theme park will open one (1) hour early each day so you can enjoy the Wizarding World of Harry PotterTM before the rest of the general public! The exclusive offer is valid 7 days a week for travel May 28 - December 31, 2010. **Requires theme park admission. Early Park Admission begins one (1) hour prior to Islands of Adventure regular scheduled park opening. Valid only at Harry Potter and the Forbidden JourneyTM, Flight of the HippogriffTM, Dragon ChallengeTM and the Cat in the HatTM.

I never assumed exclusive access all day, however you can tell from the wording of this offer, they anticipated this to actually be open to the general public. Again, no communication with the people that purchased a package. Furthermore I'm suppose to get a "commemorative grand opening ticket" and 3B breakfast. We'll see how the former plays out... I ordered a harry potter package to visit WWOHP... not to "preview" it. Not once does it ever mention the word "preview" in my any of the initial confirmation emails I've received. They simply changed it without telling anyone.

To all of the people that purchased the package to see WWOHP :wizard:

Sometimes things do not go as planned. Things and problems arise that change the outcome of things. I'm sure Universal did not do this on purpose to cause inconvenience or rip off anyone... And I do understand your frustration and why you are upset :confused3

Now my question is this

WOULD IT HAVE BEEN BETTER IF UNIVERSAL HAD JUST CANCELLED YOUR VACATION AND REFUNDED YOUR MONEY INSTEAD OF DOING A PREVIEW THING FOR A FEW HOURS? (not shouting, just want to stand out lol)

Wait. You said a 1 HOUR preview from 8-9? Please tell me that was a typo.

In your opinion, is having the 4 hour preview with package and onsite guests a better experience than having a full day with the GP? You are a Universal regular, so you would know what kind of crowds to expect.

Well, I know you didnt ask me, but here's my opinion anyway! ;)Once the GP has access it will be a nightmare. It was near impossible to get into the shops on Saturday. I think I've posted this a dozen times, because I feel that strongly about it. If you are able to take advantage of the preview, do it. That kind of limited access (other than for the one hour early entry for onsite guests)may never be available again. I believe it could be a once in a lifetime expereience, especially if FJ gets straightened out.Yep, that's my opinion and I'm stickin to it!:goodvibes

Some people are probably going to say absolutely not, but some people are probably going to say yes it would have been better, but to me, the whole point is that everyone should have been informed so they could make their own decision. It's my money and my vacation time and either way, I deserve the consideration of being fully informed so I can chose for myself how to spend that money and use my time. Period.

Walt D4Me just earned himself/herself a respect card. :worship: May be redeemed during any moment of stupidity for redemption. Seriously though, nail on the head.

Wait. You said a 1 HOUR preview from 8-9? Please tell me that was a typo.

Not a typo. If the Wizarding World had already been grand opened, package holders would get exclusive access from 8-9 before the masses of crowds would be let in when the park opened. An hour isn't much time at all.

For the love of god, this is what it said on my eticket:

Valid Only For: 2 Adults
EARLY PARK ADMISSION TO ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE: Enjoy Early Park Admission to Universal's Islands of Adventure. The theme park will open one (1) hour early each day so you can enjoy the Wizarding World of Harry PotterTM before the rest of the general public! The exclusive offer is valid 7 days a week for travel May 28 - December 31, 2010. **Requires theme park admission. Early Park Admission begins one (1) hour prior to Islands of Adventure regular scheduled park opening. Valid only at Harry Potter and the Forbidden JourneyTM, Flight of the HippogriffTM, Dragon ChallengeTM and the Cat in the HatTM.

I never assumed exclusive access all day, however you can tell from the wording of this offer, they anticipated this to actually be open to the general public. Again, no communication with the people that purchased a package. Furthermore I'm suppose to get a "commemorative grand opening ticket" and 3B breakfast. We'll see how the former plays out... I ordered a harry potter package to visit WWOHP... not to "preview" it. Not once does it ever mention the word "preview" in my any of the initial confirmation emails I've received. They simply changed it without telling anyone.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to your package. The other poster was talking about those people who were told they would get an "exclusive preview" up to June 18. Your wording says nothing about "exclusive preview".

I agree that what happened this weekend was not what you were promised. However, it may have been better. It may be as early as tomorrow that what was originally promised may occur and it might not be nearly as nice.

Well, I know you didnt ask me, but here's my opinion anyway! ;)Once the GP has access it will be a nightmare. It was near impossible to get into the shops on Saturday. I think I've posted this a dozen times, because I feel that strongly about it. If you are able to take advantage of the preview, do it. That kind of limited access (other than for the one hour early entry for onsite guests)may never be available again. I believe it could be a once in a lifetime expereience, especially if FJ gets straightened out.Yep, that's my opinion and I'm stickin to it!:goodvibes

It comes down to this:

1. preview now for 2 hours.
2. preview 6/18 and get 1 hour but then unlimited access. Crowded unlimited access but unlimited.

so you can either have one more hour of relative peace if you go now or wait until later in teh summer, lose that hour but gain the day....

personal preference I guess...

Yes, that is the point exactly.

It comes down to this:

2. preview 6/18 and get 1 hour but then unlimited access. Crowded unlimited access but unlimited.

so you can either have one more hour of relative peace if you go now or wait until later in teh summer, lose that hour but gain the day....

OK, but then someone said above that rumor is, they will be opening TOMORROW to the GP. Does that mean a 2 hour preview for the package holders, and then unlimited access with the GP all day? So it basically just screwed over anyone who came down for the holiday weekend only?

I think the biggest issue is that Universal is not stating a reason as to why people do not have full day access to WWOHP yet, package holders or general public. The land is obviously ready for visitors or Universal would not let ANYONE into the land. Everything has passed safety inspections. Everything is operational, heck 2 of the rides were existing and Dragons still operates daily. Even FJ is obviously ready for riders and is safe to ride. Yes, it is encountering downtime like any new attraction will but just because the new ride is encountering a technical problem doesn't mean you shut down the entire land. Can you imagine if Spiderman went down they shut down all of Marvel Superhero Island?! Once FJ is 'open' on June 18th will Universal shut down all of WWOHP because FJ is closed and there is no longer the 'complete experience'; because that is the only reason I see why the preview is limited and not open to the public right now. With FJ experiencing problems Universal can not offer the complete WWOHP experience.

I have been a theme park buff for a very long time and experienced many new rides soft openings/technical rehearsals and have never seen a situation like Universal has gotten themeselves into. A limited preview for those who paid for it and don't even get to experience it at their liessure??? A single ride is one thing but a whole 'land' is another issue. Why not open the land and let everyone in or at least let the preview last all day to get their full value? What is the difference of operating a new area 4hrs versus 12hrs? So what if FJ closes due to technical problems, leave the rest open. So what if it is overcrowded, it will be even more crowded after June 18th; they are just delaying the inevitable. I say learn what you can now Universal and get ready for the masses that will pounce. The fanatics have not arrived yet.

What is Universal doing the rest of the day in WWOHP that can't be done with actual guests in the area (package holders or general public)? I understand FJ is being tweaked by the minute to get it running more consistant but what is going on in the shops and other rides? Also, they can obviously let people through the que of FJ and not ride the ride so Universal could consevably provide 'tours' of Hogwarts to guest throughout the day when FJ is down, as they did for many previews.

I don't have a package and will not be visiting Universal anytime soon because I live in Texas but I do feel sorry for anyone who booked the package and didn't get the experience they were expecting.

Universal doesn't have to let the general public in since its grand opening is June 18th (which even that could be pushed back with no warning); even though I don't understand what they are waiting for since everything is obviously ready for people. If constrcution was still going on and/or inspections were not passed I would see why the park is not ready, but that is obviously not the case and guests can experience it all (if Universal chooses).

I do wonder though had people not paid for the packages if WWOHP would be in previews at all. This would be the first major attraction I have seen not have at least 2 weeks of 'full day' previews/technical rehersals, and most have close to a month of daily significant operational time before the 'grand opening'. Universal appears to REALLY want to release EVERYTHING at ONCE and nothing less, even though they know new technology is involved and very temprimental. I would hate to be there June 18th when the park closes due to capacity and FJ breaks down and can't be started again because guests haven't ridden it enough to work through different problematic scenarios.

***Correct me if I am wrong, the 'package' didn't cost extra did it? I thought it was just the price of Hotel, Breakfast and Park Admission. I find it odd that Universal allowed packages to be booked before the grand opening. I bet the grand opening date changed last minute and Universal did not have good internal communication (suprise!). Although the fine print did state 'rides and experiences subject to availability'.....

Not a typo. If the Wizarding World had already been grand opened, package holders would get exclusive access from 8-9 before the masses of crowds would be let in when the park opened. An hour isn't much time at all.

Well, if they are going to the one hour early preview system with the gp getting in at 9, they'd dang well better keep that sucker open all day and not just until 11 or 12. I will be contacting Better Business Bureau if that's the case.

It comes down to this:

Except that so far it's been more like 4 hours. That takes it to a "whole nother level!"

really, it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter