The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those who have already been in Hogsmeade (TMs!!!!)

Since I probably won't get to experience my wand choosing me first hand due to crowds, I have a question about how they display our wand choices.

Firstly, for those that don't follow Orlando United, (and I don't think we've discussed this much here), TM previewers are reporting that small groups of about 25 are being let into Olivanders at a time, but only one or maybe two people in the group will actually get to "play" the role of wand buyer and have the interactive experience with wrong wand choices and then finally the wand choosing them. [No, we don't know if that's the way it will definitely happen come opening day, but due to crowds, it's highly likely. And yes, all die hard HP fans should be upset by this as it is different than what they were originally promoting, so you should write an email to Univ. and tell them you're disappointed that this might be the way they do things. I'm not thrilled by this new development, but not surprised either, cause how else can they get 1000s of people thru each day. I agree with some that you should be able to pay for the chance to be the "chosen one" and have the price include your wand (kind of like Bibbity Bobbity Boutique or similar). But unfortunately Imperio is an Unforgivable Curse, so I can't make them do that. And I certainly can't take the experience away from some cute kid just because I'm a bigger nerd than they are, so I just have to live with it, and have my camera ready to catch the cool "show" anyway.]

But back to the question. I've heard the wands are in Owl Post to buy. Do they have a display of what each wand looks like so you can pick the one you like best? I may know every detail of the Noble and movie wands, but these Olivander ones are supposed to be new designs. Is there a display of actual wands? Can you touch them? Just a poster/picture? How's the set up?

I'd like to know more specifics on items that are being sold. I know wands and candy and robes...but anything really cool!? I thought I read somewhere that they're selling a Quibbler? Or did I fall for another April Fool's joke again? :lmao:

I heard about how only one or two people per group are getting to choose their wands so I asked employees about it and they confirmed that is how it will work for the public.

I'd like to know more specifics on items that are being sold. I know wands and candy and robes...but anything really cool!? I thought I read somewhere that they're selling a Quibbler? Or did I fall for another April Fool's joke again? :lmao:

Reports from other sites have mentioned Quaffles, Bludgers, Snitches with moving wings and various life sized broom replicas that are all new products. Also, mention has been made in one report that Filches has all the Noble Collection items like the fancy chess boards, etc. I heard the Quibbler rumor as well, but no one has confirmed it that I have seen. Zonkos apparently has Pigmy Puffs (with feet and faces), Various Wheezes products like Puking Pastiles, etc. There are also new shirts, costumes, etc that are not available elsewhere. And of course Honeydukes has tons of candy in new packaging. Prices seem on par with what is charged on other HP sites like wbshop.com and Noble Collection.

nodoubtrock: I heard about how only one or two people per group are getting to choose their wands so I asked employees about it and they confirmed that is how it will work for the public.

Yeah, I think it was inevitable due to crowds, and I'm sure the "show" will be fun regardless. It's still disappointing, but it is what it is. That's why I hope they'll have some sort of chart or poster up so we can see the different styles of wands for sale, with their "traits". You know, the wand can still choose you, even if the lights don't go all glowy, it's like a little voice in your head going "pick me" when you see the right wand. :)

Did anyone else notice that when the camera panned round the FJ ride seat, the loading area looked huge?

I heard about how only one or two people per group are getting to choose their wands so I asked employees about it and they confirmed that is how it will work for the public.

They then get to test the wand in the store

big range in pricing--what happens if the $100 wand selects you? do you say that is ok i only want the $20 one?

Does anyone know the prices to refill a refillable mug/stein? And I think that I can safely say that if a $100 wand chooses my son, we will go back another time and choose a different wand. Just not in our budget. Surely the Universal people wouldn't do that to kids- have an expensive wand choose them and then not be able to get it when the parents can't afford it!

Zonkos apparently has Pigmy Puffs (with feet and faces), Various Wheezes products like Puking Pastiles, etc.
I bought a Pigmy Puff and a sneak-o-scope for my girls. As well as Ton Tongue toffee - which was delicious! Bertie Botts every flavor beans, Honeyduke's salt water taffy (also surprisingly good), and dark chocolate peppermint toads.

I'm frankly worried about the crowds. I wonder if they'll control entry to the area if it gets too crowded? I picture 100's of people milling around at rope drop.

I'm frankly worried about the crowds. I wonder if they'll control entry to the area if it gets too crowded? I picture 100's of people milling around at rope drop.

I came over to IOA this morning and arrived at opening, hoping for a soft opening. When we got to the Potter stuff, about 25-50 of us gathered at one time. I imagine much more than hundreds of people trying to jam in at once when the section opens. I'm guessing it will be a stay out all night on line kind of situation to get in.

I came over to IOA this morning and arrived at opening, hoping for a soft opening. When we got to the Potter stuff, about 25-50 of us gathered at one time. I imagine much more than hundreds of people trying to jam in at once when the section opens. I'm guessing it will be a stay out all night on line kind of situation to get in.
Stay out all night in line? Ugh. I'm hoping that things don't get totally out of control.

I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread yet, but Dueling Dragons now has the WWOHP music playing throughout the ride. The music is specific to that ride, not the main Harry Potter theme. Security is very heavy throughout the walk to the ride to keep people from taking a sneak peak.

So did you get in? I am here in Orlando this week, but I am worried about showing up and not getting at least to shop. Any advice?:confused3

I bought a Pigmy Puff and a sneak-o-scope for my girls. As well as Ton Tongue toffee - which was delicious! Bertie Botts every flavor beans, Honeyduke's salt water taffy (also surprisingly good), and dark chocolate peppermint toads.

Could you tell us how much they cost so we get an idea how much we need to bring.

that's terribly disappointing--from all of the press thats been out up until now made it seem like it was an oppurtunity for all--now only one or two per group:headache: i undersatnd why because of time and crowds but then I think in the adverisement it should of stated something like "you may be the lucky one in which a wand will choose you" because eveyone in my family was super excited about this experience---i would even prefer they charge for the experience just to gurantee it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter