The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as ur not wearing a mask then costumes are just clothes and you are allowed to wear clothes

That's a good point...are costumes going to be allowed? I saw this on another board and no one knew the official answer.

I'm going to say no...Universal doesn't allow costumes but they MAY make exceptions for WWoHP.

Has anyone heard what the official answer is?

Someone reported that there are already people walking around dressed as wizards. I don't mind my children dressing up at all. It has been my experience the majority of Amusement Parks forbid masks as they conseal the identity of the person. It is a safety risk. What if someone's child walks away with someone who looks like they are "part of the park" but they are not? Or someone is hurt by someone in a mask. It just makes sense not to have people in masks when there is usually a large mass of people.

so article also confirmed no sodas in wizarding world.
hmmm

I expect a bunch of complaints, since there are probably many kids(& adults) who would prefer
soda over the flavor of butterbeer with their lunch.
also the people who buy the unlimited refill cups of soda in the parks. guess you have to pick them up at the borders! & then will they tell you you can't come in with them?
if I am gonna eat lunch IN WWoHP with family I will need a sugar free type beverage (diabetic) , what would they offer besides water?

people are gonna buy a ton load of stuff there, why ban soda? HAD to be from JKR to keep people immersed in the world? but couldn't they just call it some other name in there? um guess not, coke people would probably have a hissy fit too.

does this disturb anyone else?

hmmm

I expect a bunch of complaints, since there are probably many kids(& adults) who would prefer
also the people who buy the unlimited refill cups of soda in the parks. guess you have to pick them up at the borders! & then will they tell you you can't come in with them?
if I am gonna eat lunch IN WWoHP with family I will need a sugar free type beverage (diabetic) , what would they offer besides water?

people are gonna buy a ton load of stuff there, why ban soda? HAD to be from JKR to keep people immersed in the world? but couldn't they just call it some other name in there? um guess not, coke people would probably have a hissy fit too.

There was a list of stuff like lemonade and fruit drinks that you could have as well as water. You'll be able to bring your drinks in from outside if you like.

OMG! I hope I wasn't sucked into to buying an early package and all Im going get to do is walk around!

hmmm

No, because the Wizarding World is only a tiny part of a much larger park. Just walk a few meters in any direction and you'll be outside the Wizarding World and able to buy yourself a soda.

Soda's not "banned" - it's just not sold in one particular eatery at the park. Given there's dozens of other places where it IS sold, I don't think it's going to be a huge issue. Especially since you can certainly bring it in with you - once the temporary gates come down the Wizarding World area will be wide open to everyone.

Ok, so I've spent the better part of the day catching up on Orlando United about the Pow Wow event Monday night for the travel buyers. I'm bringing you links to some of the better reports for the evening:

http://www.orlandoinfo.com/smile/follow.cfm watch the video of them, they are soooo excited about it. It will make you smile.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2010/05/18...-potter-preview-for-pow-wow-attendees-part-1/
There's a part one and a part two to the Disney Blog, (link for pt 2 at bottom of pt 1)

http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/entertainment/23590777/detail.html?qs=1;s=1;p=entertainment&dm=ss&tn=b
This is great except they've confused Merlin with Dumbledore - muggles:sad2:

Also, apparently Virgin Atlantic Airlines was having a party at Hard Rock at UO and included in the group were the Phelps twins (Fred and George), Richard Branson (Virgin owner) and Matt Lewis (Neville). No idea why they are there as well. Lots of cameras were set up this weekend filming (theories include new commercial, NBC behind the scenes, etc., also evidence of still photography). No idea if actors were part of filming. However, do you guys remember when we still didn't have a grand opening date yet, but all the actors were talking about coming to the park in May, and the hotels were all booked out for this past weekend. I thought before that maybe it was a sign that the Grand Opening was supposed to originally be mid May ish, but then it looked like they might have just been booked out for the travel agents convention. But now, I'm wondering if it actually was supposed to be during this week originally, and since many of the actors already had the dates confirmed to be here, Univ. just decided to go ahead and have them come out for other things, like promo filming or what have you. Just a theory.

Edited to add: apparently Hagrid is at Hard Rock too!! woo hoo

I was in the WWoHP this weekend as media for the DIS as part of Pow Wow. I was tweeting from inside WWoHP. I got inside 2x actually. First time on Sunday afternoon as part of a media tour of 30. I had what almost amounts to a personal tour from creative director Alan Gilmore. He was also the art director for the films. I was also there for Monday night's Pow Wow party where we could ride the Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff. I talk all about it on this week's DIS Unplugged podcast released today.

Claire-Bear said:
Great to hear! Did they give you a reason for not being able to ride FJ?
They just said, "we have to save some surprises for the opening."

I plan on getting a blog up with my thoughts and experiences too, but it will have to wait until after I'm back from Orlando.

I hear the people in the Pow Wow have been getting all kinds of perks..I am soooo jealous..

As for the Virgin Atlantic stuff...I am hoping to catch a ground level view of the new plane they got with the logo..luckily being at the airport, I can see it right at the gate...I did see it land yesterday as I was going home...

As for the stars being in town...AWESOME..I know they all flew in with the president of Virgin on his planes..thats how he gets here..I will have to look for them when they leave..the Pow Wow ends today, so they should be out of here in the next day or 2..

Be interesting to read your blog once you've written up on your experience :goodvibes:

We're flying with Virgin to Orlando for our trip on June 18th. Wonder if we'll get that plane :lmao:

http://thedisneyblog.com/2010/05/18...-potter-preview-for-pow-wow-attendees-part-1/
There's a part one and a part two to the Disney Blog, (link for pt 2 at bottom of pt 1)

this one confirms water being sold and an EP line.

altho mentions no Moaning Myrtle, he should read here to find out Myrtle is indeed there and in the bathroom :laughing:

One thing most articles are saying is that shops are small. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic :eek: Sadly, I will be in those crowds shopping w/ my niece who will be with us....babysitting her heart out earning $ to spend there
:rolleyes:

One thing most articles are saying is that shops are small. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic :eek: Sadly, I will be in those crowds shopping w/ my niece who will be with us....babysitting her heart out earning $ to spend there :rolleyes:
I see Olvanders holds 25 comfortably. Has anyone ever seen a line at the theme parks to get into a shop? :)

Oh, reading some of this stuff I'm scared I'll be too chicken to ride FJ. It sounds more and more like a roller coaster every day... :(

Yeah I'm a little nervous about riding it, although since I do like coasters I'm not so worried about the movements, but the thought of AA aragog and the dragon etc. are pretty nervy!

They just said, "we have to save some surprises for the opening."

I plan on getting a blog up with my thoughts and experiences too, but it will have to wait until after I'm back from Orlando.

Did you take that to mean that FJ wouldn't be open for the "preview" and that they would wait until the grand opening for FJ to be up and running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter