The Wilderness Must Be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip! NEW 3/6

ahh I started reading this the other day and forgot to subscribe. All caught up now! For counter service in the new Fantasyland I recommend Be Our Guest, unless you have a dinner ADR there?

I think we're definitely going to try BOG for lunch. We don't have a dinner ADR because surprisingly, we liked the lunch menu more! I don't know if we're going to line up before lunch starts or just as it's ending. I've read that those are the two strategies. Did you try it?

Plans for Monday, August 12

Good Morning! Since we probably didn't get back to our hotel until around 2am, it is very likely that we will sleep in until 9:30...... Oh. Just kidding. NO SLEEPING!

Of course we'll be out at the bus stop at approximately 8:15-8:30, heading to EPCOT.

We are currently watching the Full House episode where Danny proposes to Vicky in front of the Castle. Watching the cast go on all the different rides and seeing all the beautiful places there makes me sooooo excited! Just saw Spaceship Earth!

I cannot wait to try the croissant pudding from Sunshine Seasons for breakfast!

sseasons1.jpg

We'll spend the morning doing the rounds in Future World, definitely starting with a Soarin' Fastpass, taking a spin on Test Track, building our own roller coaster, and going under the sea with Nemo. I predict that we'll have lunch at Sunshine Seasons before heading out to explore the World!

I have heard tales of that roller coaster at Innoventions. Somehow I have missed it on past trips. Not this time! I want to make a crazy, turning, twisting, screaming vortex of fun!

mp.jpg

I am so excited for World Showcase. I don't think I've ever actually seen every country. On my very first trip in 2002 (when I was 12), we didn't really go into the countries. In January 2012 and April 2013 we only had 1 day at Epcot and didn't get to explore as much as we would have liked. I don't think I've ever been into France!

Well, that will change this trip! And it will be amazing to actually get to see every country without rushing to the next. NO TIME SCHEDULE! I'm guessing we'll pick 3 or 4 countries each time. That sounds much more doable!

When we go to World Showcase we should start with Mexico. The picture inside the pavilion looks so cool and I am always up for a bit of shopping in an outdoor market. And after that we need to go to the China pavilion and stand in the center of the rings. Gotta try out that echo type thing I've heard about. And then to Morocco because it seems to get so little press, but the decor is beautiful. Did you know the King of Morocco financed the pavilion? And how about Italy and France and their romantic architecture? I know, I know. That is more than 3 or 4 countries. But how do you expect me to choose? I sense a commando feeling coming on.... :scratchin

We'll only spend an hour or two in World Showcase before heading back to POFQ for an afternoon break. THAT'S RIGHT. I said a BREAK. A rest. A time of rejuvenation and relaxation. On our SECOND full day. Yes, I know it may seem a little early in our trip to schedule a break, but before you bring on the witch trials, let me explain myself. I try to be a logical human being. And in this instance, I feel the most logical thing is to take care of ourselves. Commando-ing ourselves into the magical pixie dusted ground will not make Day 13 very enjoyable. So we are taking daily breaks.

573719141_UQK4b-S.jpg

We might go to the pool, watch a movie, or even take a nap. We are on vacation! After a couple of hours, we'll head back to Epcot to continue exploring the World!

Since we have 15 days (eek!) to tour the parks we are able to take a break of some sort in the middle of the day when the sun is at its hottest. A dip in the pool AND a nap may not be out of the question. I just hope I remember to allow myself that luxury. After all -- there is no sleeping in Disney!

I'm assuming we'll go back to World Showcase and pick up where we left off, but we might hang out in Future World and do some of the lower-trafficked attractions. At this time of day, I don't think we'll be riding Soarin'! On principle, I refuse to wait 30 mins, let alone 60 mins+ for any ride.

FASTPASSES are a wonderful thing. No standing around in long lines when we can be riding another ride, watching a show or eating a yummy :mickeybar treat!

At around 6:30, we'll meander over to Canada because it is time for our 7pm dinner at LE CELLIER! AHHHHHHHHHHHH. :jumping1: This will be our first ever Canadian dining experience! (The time I ate at Rainforest Cafe in Niagara Falls does not count.)

Le-Cellier-Sign.jpg

For once, I can already tell you exactly what we will be eating. Exactly. We've already discussed this in detail.

Obviously, we'll start with bread. Especially the famous pretzel bread! We'll each have a bowl of Cheddar Cheese soup and then we will share the Mushroom Filet with Risotto. Mmmmmmmmmm. My taste-buds are so excited!

I recently went to a buffet that has pretzel rolls. They were really good, not that I have anything with which I can compare. Let's see how The Cellar measures up to it!

After we roll (pun intended?)on out of there, we'll find a place to watch Illuminations! Since we'll already be in Canada, I'm assuming we'll find a spot around there.

e_ilum1.jpg

Once the show is over, we'll follow the masses out to the buses,
I predict a stop at Mouse Gears instead of playing "sardine" :crowded: on the way out to the bus. Perhaps we will be able to skip all the insanity while perusing for some must have goodies. Anyone ever try this? Does it work?

and head to POFQ and dreamland. Good night!

Next Post

Is this real life? (take 1)

countdown30days_zpsf9e674b3.png

We are down to 30 DAYS! That's right. This crazy duo will be in Disney World only ONE MONTH from THIS VERY MOMENT.

Hold please while I go jump around the room like a lunatic.

Just kidding. It's after 11pm and I have to get up and go teach a bunch of middle schoolers in the morning. But I did just have a little party in my head.

Before I go off to bed, I wanted to give you an update on that annoying thing called "Real Life". Though it hasn't been all that annoying, I wasn't in the Magic Kingdom, so therefore....

My summer gig involves me being the music director for a summer camp, teaching lessons, and being the music director for a community theater musical. If that sounds like a lot, it is. But it's not enough to keep me from enjoying my July! Actually, my schedule has been pretty decent. Not too much, not too little. Just right.

Disney has (of course) pretty much been apart of every single day. I listen to Disney music on the way into work in the morning, often wear Disney shirts, and even update my campers on how many days I have (only when asked though. I don't want to be THAT teacher.) They asked me today how many days I had left, and literally cheered when I said "30"!

On the home front, have a list of all of the movies that we want to watch before we go on the trip, so we've been enjoying that. So far, we've watched Mulan, Tinker Bell movies, and Beauty and the Beast.

We did go and see Monsters University (I saw it twice!) and LOVED it. Little Mikey? How cute and adorable! We did not, however, see the Lone Ranger. Which I'm quite okay with. I'll stick with cute animated monsters. Unless it has Shemar Moore in it. Then I'm there, no questions asked.

Anyway......

We've also been practicing our Disney nails! See?

temporary_zps3c4ce97b.jpg

This is my second try. The first time I tried Minnie/Mickey dots and some other designs. Came out a bit like mud. This time was much improved.

Other than that, we've been figuring out the small details (like how are we going to pack for two weeks), confirming plans, and getting excited by Mickey Mail!!! And I promise that I haven't adjusted the ADR list in over 2 weeks! GO ME! (I did add another type of reservation though. Dun dun duuuuuuuun.)

Next Post

haha, I started listening to Disney music on my way to summer school too! I leave one month from tomorrow! :banana:

haha, I started listening to Disney music on my way to summer school too! I leave one month from tomorrow! :banana:

Awesome! I have a bunch of the compilation CDs and while a lot of the music is "current", there are some odd balls in there. I'll go from "Hakuna Matata" to some random thing. I heard a crazy song about colors today. No idea what it is from!

ONE MONTH!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY! At this moment, I'm at 29 days. :woohoo::dance3::yay::yay::yay::cool1::rotfl2:
:cheer2::cheer2:pixiedust::dance3::yay::cool1:
:rotfl2::woohoo:

Before I get on to Tuesday, I forgot a tiny detail about Monday night! Actually, after leaving Epcot, I think we might go to Hollywood Studios! There are late EMH until MIDNIGHT. Obviously, Toy Story Mania will be hard to come by, but I am sure we could have a bit of fun!

Now, on to our originally scheduled programming...

Plans for Tuesday, August 13th

Regardless of when we go to sleep, we have to be up early today! We'll need to leave for the bus around 7:15 to be on the safe side. We have a very important breakfast this morning!

Leaving at 7:15 AM???? Who in their right mind is ready and raring to go that early in the morning?!?!? Well, if I am at home, definitely not me. However, at Disney I am the first one through the door!

Are we going to Magic Kingdom? Epcot? Animal Kingdom?

If you guessed Animal Kingdom- you are right! We are going to eat breakfast with Donald and the gang at Tusker House!

DSC00004.JPG

What a delicious place to eat. They have the BEST Mickey waffles there. So much lighter and fluffier than other places.

Our breakfast is scheduled for 8:05, which is awesome because the park doesn't open until 9. We'll have a nice leisurely walk through the Oasis and back to Africa.

After a wonderful breakfast, I'm sure our first stop will be Everest and then the Safari. Or the Safari and then Everest!

Well, maybe we will Conquer the Yeti and then Hear the Lion Roar. Or listen to the Sounds of the Jungle and then Climb the Mountain! :rotfl2:

Expedition_Everest_05.jpg

We might catch a show or two, and we'll definitely spend some time with the tigers and gorillas!

Festival of the Lion King is always a must do, but Mama hasn't seen Nemo yet. And I cannot wait to see it again! IN THE BIG BLUE WORLD!!!! (That song even inspired my last TR!) It is so cute and the singing is superb, the story is so fun, and I just have to see it!

nemo-500b.jpg

Okay, so maybe I've made up my mind. Now I just have to see what the Mama says. I guess her opinion matters too ;)

Thank you for your consideration.

We'll probably stop for lunch on the way back to POFQ for a pool break. I predict either Flame Tree Barbeque or Yak and Yeti counter service. It is going to be so difficult to just walk by Yak and Yeti with those wonderful wontons. I wonder if we could just stop in there for dessert...

I am a big fan of Chinese/Asian food. There are so many flavors of joy that burst in your mouth! And now there is the Tale of Fried Wontons to add to my delight! I see some Yak for lunch in my future..... as well as some Good Ol BBQ on another day.

After a dip in the pool, we'll get ready for our evening park- Hollywood Studios

Hollywood_Boulevard_01.JPG

Now, I know that we probably won't be riding Toy Story Mania. It will be too late and FPs will be gone. And I will not wait in a ridiculous long line. I've pretty well resigned myself to that fact. But there are plenty of other attractions that require our attention--- such as the Tower of Terror! And, oh yeah, Tower of Terror. (And maybe, just one more time, the Tower of Terror!) Nope. No obsession here.

Mama's also never been on the Great Movie Ride, so we'll probably take a tour through the movies.

Sadly, we won't be visiting any Muppets in 3D. It is scheduled to be closed during our ENTIRE vacation :( It should be a crime. I need my Muppets!!!!!

I'm sure we'll take a ride on an extra long stretch limo and take a few more trips in that old service elevator.

Tower_of_Terror_03.JPG

Soon, we'll be heading over to Fantasmic!

600-fantasmic.jpg

There is a show at 9 and a show at 10:30. If we go to the 9pm, we'll probably enjoy a few rides after the show before heading out. (The Tower again, perhaps? See a pattern here??) If we go to the late one, obviously we'll be leaving right after.

Shows and Rides and Mickey, OH MY!

So after 3 full days in the parks (plus .5 at the hotel), we will have been to all major parks!!! And had 3 awesome table service meals!!! With 11 more days to go!!!

COUNTDOWN IS AT 28 DAYS PEOPLE!!!! :cool1:

Next Post

Hmmm, yeah getting up early at Disney is surprisingly easy. I completely agree ladies.

Everest... I hear that's pretty good. :rolleyes1

Flame Tree or Yak & Yeti... either is a great choice. :thumbsup2

And you can't complain with ending a day with Fantasmic! :cloud9:

Hmmm, yeah getting up early at Disney is surprisingly easy. I completely agree ladies.

Everest... I hear that's pretty good. :rolleyes1

Flame Tree or Yak & Yeti... either is a great choice. :thumbsup2

And you can't complain with ending a day with Fantasmic! :cloud9:

Not kidding. One time I woke up for work and thought to myself, "If I just pretendlike I am going to the Magic Kingdom, I would suddenly have so much energy!" It worked for all of .2 seconds, when I realized that imagination does not in fact turn into real life. Although I do think that Disney provides an excellent destination for daydreams :)

Everest is pretty good? Nah. You're kidding. You don't like Everest at all. :rotfl2:

I believe we'll wind up at some version of Yak and Yeti. Luckily, it's usually a good one for a lunch walk up!

Not at all! Our plan is to hit all of the night time shows early in the trip, that way we can choose to watch or ride the rest of the time.

Thanks for reading! I'm off to read your TR updates next.....

Plans for Wednesday, August 14th

TODAY IS THE DAY! It is the day I finally get the keys. The KEYS TO THE KINGDOM! We are going on the backstage tour of Magic Kingdom!!!

My son/Lauren's brother had given us some "Disney spending money" for Christmas. This is what we decided to spend it on! He said to pick something SPECIAL and I do believe the KEYS will be SPECTACULAR!

castle1.jpg

This was a recent addition to our schedule. I had always thought about doing a tour but wasn't sure. Would it be worth it "losing" park time? Would I think it was worth the money? Did I really want to see backstage at Disney? Would it ruin the magic?

Well, after a lot of wondering and thinking, I happened to read a trip report that included a Keys to the Kingdom tour. And it looked like so much fun! So it is really Rob's (DisneyKid4Life) fault that we are going on this adventure!

Our tour starts at 9:30, so we'll have a nice leisurely morning. I think we'll stop for breakfast at POFQ at around 7:45 and head to the buses soon after. We don't want to be late!

Our lunch is included in the tour and will be at Columbia Harbor House. That's great because it is a restaurant that neither of us have been too!

I recently found out that the 2nd level of CHH tends to be less crowded -- just a little "dining tip" for anyone else that may not know....

columbia+harbor+house.jpg

After the tour, we'll head back to the pool. I think we'll need it after all of the walking! (It is August after all!)

Or perhaps a nap since the tour is 5 hours long -- gonna need a little bit of energy for the rest of the day :cheer2:

After getting sufficiently refreshed, we're heading back to Magic Kingdom for a very fun evening! Since this is our 2nd time at Magic Kingdom, I'm assuming we'll hit a few favorites along with a few new attractions. We'll be bringing along a checklist of all of the attractions and our goal is to hit every single one! EVEN the Country Bears.

250px-CountryBearJamboreeBears.JPG

Don't want anyone to be upset - - I know plenty of people that LOVE those bears. I don't think I will be one of them. Last time I saw them was in 2002 and they did not make the top 10... or 20.... or 30......

Unfortunately, we will not be visiting the birds at the Tiki Room. Apparently, they are starting their migration a bit early---aka refurb:(

The Magic Kingdom is open until 11pm, but we will be leaving around 8:30. Why you ask? We are meeting some friends for dinner----some MOUSE FRIENDS!

Rumor has it that Minnie Mouse is expecting me for dinner. A little mouse friend also let it slip that she is hoping for our picture to be taken together. I guess I should oblige. Wouldn't want to break her sweet little heart, would I?

cont16.jpg

We are dining at Chef Mickey's at 9:00! Yummmmmmmy. We've been to Chef Mickey's for breakfast, but not yet for dinner. I'm looking forward to the Mickeyroni and Cheese, the ravioli, the potatoes, and the desserts!!! YAY CARBS!

After dinner, we'll head back for some sleep and rest up for another fun day!

Next Post

Bahahaha... YES!!!! I will take full responsibility for the awesome time you have on this tour. So glad you decided to do it. There will be no magic ruined. Plus, it looks to be basically free. Try to take advantage of early entry if you can. It's so worth it to see the park virtually empty. Ahh I'm excited for you both.

Guess what???? Today had to make additional room on my planning schedules....for ADDITIONAL RESERVATIONS!!!!!

CAN YOU GUESS WHICH KIND OF RESERVATIONS THEY ARE??????????

SOOOOOOO EXCITED. FREAKING OUT. CRAZINESS ENSUING!!!!!!!

Plans for Thursday, August 15th

It is our 5th morning waking up in Disney. So far, our plans have included character dinners, a character breakfast, a tour, and lots of pixie dust!

Today, we focus on the World...that is, World Showcase!

italy09a1tn.jpg

Hmmm...I wonder which countries we will decide to visit today? We would have already seen three or four on Monday, so we'll probably do the same number today. I LOVE HAVING TIME. Time is amazing when it is on your side!

Everybody sing... "If I could save time in a bottle.... "

Time is even better when it is not coupled with an arrival of the not-so-magical express envelope. You know the one I mean. The one that tells you that it is time to go....Nope. Not even going to say it! Too sad.

Why in the world would you even mention that?!?!? Now I just feel depressed!
BUT WAIT! We DO HAVE TIME! LOTS OF TIME! MORE TIME than we EVER HAD HERE!!!!!
oops. sorry. got carried away.
We now return to your regularly scheduled trip report.

After breakfast at Sunshine Seasons (is there anywhere else to get breakfast at Epcot???) we'll enjoy a few Future World attractions that we've never seen before. Maybe Living with the Land or Figment? Or (dare I say it) Captain EO?

imag3a.jpg

Around 11, we'll head into World Showcase!

I JUST REMEMBERED. I have to find the fountain that Vicky was sitting on when Danny ALMOST proposed. (Full House for those of you who didn't grow up in the 90's) Does it actually exist??? Tell me it does. That would be so awesome!

And I want to dance with these random people.

Screen-shot-2013-01-23-at-2.16.07-AM.png

Anyway.

We're off to Italy for lunch at Via Napoli! Right now, I'm planning on having some pizza. What kind of pizza, I have no idea. Any suggestions? (With full knowledge that there is a good chance that I'll end up changing my mind to spaghetti or something.)

Italian food is soooooooo good! Lasagna and manicotti and stuffed shells and garlic bread and cheeses galore! My mouth is watering as I type this. Can someone wipe the drool from my mouth please? thanks.

And, you know, I'll enjoy the scenery and architecture. Of the restaurant, of course.

via_napoli_pizza2_st.jpg

Lunch is at 11:30, so we'll have plenty of World Showcase touring time afterwards.

And we HAVE to share our lunch here or you will see Lauren rolling me around the world!:rotfl2:

Since Epcot is our only plan for the day, and we have no dinner reservations, we can head back to POFQ or to Downtown Disney at our leisure.

Dinner will probably be somewhere in World Showcase. We don't have a dinner reservation, so most likely a counter service. Hmmm.....decisions, decisions. Can't I just have school bread with a side of Kaki Gori for dinner? That's well balanced, right?

images

kaki-gori-kabuki-cafe.jpg

Schoolbread has gotten quite the reputation on these here DIS boards. I really hope it lives up to the hype. But then again; custard and pastry and coconut -- what's not to love?

I'm sure we would have seen Illuminations on Monday, so I don't know if we'll stick around to watch it tonight. More Future World, perhaps? Or a late night swim? Or late night DTD? It's crazy when 9pm seems like an EARLY night. I have this irrational need to find something else to fill that time!

This from the girl that is currently playing with the schedule on our second week saying 10:30 is too early to be at Animal Kingdom. TOO EARLY? I am having serious issues not trying to go crazy commando Minnie Momma and the Duck is on a mission to lay like broccoli (Pretty Woman reference) and veg out. What is this trip coming to?!?!??!?!?!?

***Ummm. Let's play a game. On Morning Eleven, who thinks Lauren will be up at the crack of dawn, after being out to HS until 12pm the night before? "Lay like broccoli" I do NOT!***

Next Post

Plans for Friday, August 16th

I could say many things about today. I could say that we are going to the movies. I could say that I have reservations at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. I might even say that it is a time for a trip down Sunset Blvd.

And while all of those might be true, that is not my purpose for waking up in Disney this Friday morning. There is one reason. Only one. And that reason would be:

TOY STORY MANIA!

tsmm1.jpg

It is every parents hope for their children that they would have goals in their lives -- counting, reading, writing, graduating and getting TSM FPs! :rotfl:

Our previous trips to Hollywood Studios were scheduled for the evening, guaranteeing that Toy Story Mania would have been a no-go. This morning, we are off to Hollywood bright and early! TOY STORY HERE I COME!

We'll arrive for rope-drop around 8:30, walk with purpose to the fastpass machines, and hop in the stand-by line! I'm ready to break those plates!

After that, we'll head across the street to meet Woody and Buzz! The last time I met Woody, he wanted to put me in jail for wanting to pull his string!!! Hmmm...I wonder if I can ask him to put Mama in jail. I wonder what he'd do...

Buzz-Woody.jpg

HOLD IT!!!!! Why in the world do you want to see me in jail?!?!?

Go ahead. I dare ya. :rolleyes1

I'm assuming that our FP return time will be up soon after that! Yay! MORE MANIA!

After thoroughly enjoying Pixar Place, it is time for breakfast. But not just any breakfast. Maybe a cupcake? From the one and only Starring Rolls! We should be sensible and also split a "normal" breakfast food.

red-velvet-cupcake-front.jpg

Nah.

After filling our tummies, I think we'll see a show. I've never seen Indiana Jones, and I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast in quite awhile.

Will Steve (from Full House) being playing the part of Indiana Jones? And will Gaston ever figure out that Belle isn't interested? Stay tuned for these exciting conclusions and more!

Lunch time is at 11:45 today. We'll be dining at Sci-Fi!

sci-fi-dine-in-theater.jpg

This is one of those restaurants that (thanks to the Disboards) we know exactly what to order. A milkshake a piece, splitting both the spinach and artichoke dip and the onion rings. Sounds DELICIOUS.

Two words. Cheese fries.

After Sci-Fi, we'll enjoy more of Hollywood Studios. I'm assuming we'll take another ride on TSM with Fastpass.

Towards the evening, we might head back to POFQ or we might stay at Hollywood until it is time to go to dinner!

Tonight, we dine with royalty at-----

1900-park-fare.jpg

We'll be dining in grand style at 8:00. I'm most excited about meeting the stepsisters. Since I am a music teacher, I might ask Drizella if I can give her a singing lesson!

One of my favorite Disney movies is Cinderella and I LOVE the mice, Jack and Gus Gus. The evil stepsisters are a whole other matter. They are meanie faces just like their Mother. I picture myself sticking my tongue out at them. Unless I come up with something else to show my displeasure......

Magic Kingdom is open until 11pm, so we might head over to see Wishes, ride a few things, or simply enjoy Main Street. Ahhhh.....It sounds so peaceful! Princesses, fireworks. MAGIC.

Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter