The Wilderness Must Be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip! NEW 3/6

Animals and Dinos!
Friday, August 23rd

I wish I could tell you that I was still jumping out of bed in the morning, but alas, that couldn't be further from the truth. It was our last full day and I wanted to throw my phone across the room to shut it up. Luckily, I had some sense and I hit the snooze button and Mama woke me up at 8:00. I was dead to the world.

Around 8:40, we made our way downstairs and called a cab. We decided we weren't dealing with bus transfers this morning.

Time for breakfast at the Poly..... KONA!

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201822_zpsv9fzfz6u.jpg

The cab was only 15 minutes and we didn't have to wait long for a table when we arrived. All good... we were hungry!

What were we going to have?

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201824_zps0i0uqd0p.jpg

Silly. There was no need to ponder the menu. We've known what we wanted to try here for a long time!

Unfortunately, we did have to wait a LOOOOOOONG time for the food to arrive at our table after we ordered. This put a bit of a damper on breakfast...

Fruit smoothie, Water, and OJ to drink. Quite a trio! I highly recommend the smoothie.

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201825_zpsxja4svi8.jpg

We shared the Tonga Toast and Macadamia Nut Pancakes. We both wanted to try both. Potatoes and fruit on the side, as we're not fans of breakfast meats.

Accompaniments

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201827_zpsiobzcver.jpg

"The Toast"

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201829_zpssravssht.jpg

Fruit on the side. I was disappointed that it is mostly cantaloupe and honeydew (my least favorite!). I was hoping for strawberries, banana, maybe even watermelon. Should've asked.

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201830_zps4r00facw.jpg

Breakfast potatoes. As I recall, there wasn't anything overly special about these.

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201832_zpsbx1vix7t.jpg

Pancakes in all their glory...

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201833_zpsfg41incq.jpg

Overall, we were less than impressed. First, we had to wait a long time for our food to arrive at the table. Twiddling your thumbs waiting for breakfast to show up doesn't put you in the best mood. The Tonga Toast was a bit disappointing. I'd been looking forward to trying it for months and now trying it, the toast was soggy. I don't know if that is how it is supposed to be... but it just didn't seem terribly appetizing to me. The Macadamia Nut Pancakes, however, were very good. Light and flavorful. The smoothie I had was also thick and filling... not those thin, milky varieties you sometimes come across.

So, are we glad we came? Of course! Are we rushing to come back? Maybe not.

We left the Polynesian and walked to their bus stop. We wanted to catch a bus to Animal Kingdom. We did have a small wait. Most of the crowd around us were going to Hollywood Studios. I told a family sitting there about Toy Story FPs. I hope they were able to ride!

Soon we were ready for an adventure!

Photo0384FourBySix_zpsj0drpuys.jpg

As we were walking in, I was really feeling my feet. I think after 14 days of Disney, my number was up. Thanks Walt, for the lovely idea of building hills as you enter a park. I felt the one in AK today.

We saw the exhibits and the trails along the way to Pangani. We looked at everything we normally don't have any time for! We saw lots of animals today!

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201837_zpsxzkf9dfz.jpg

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201843_zpsdwepve0a.jpg

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201852_zpseckznnzc.jpg

Next was Dinosaur. We waited 15 minutes and had a great trip back into the past.

Photo0390FourBySix_zpsgv9oevlo.jpg

Somehow we don't look too scared...

I tried to look for the Dino in the back of our time rover, but I seem to miss it every time!

We continued partying it up in Dinoland with a spin on Primeval Whirl! This particular ride was rough. I hurt my back! Feeling old at the ripe old age of 23....

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201860_zpsaziwqnns.jpg

I know that not everyone gets this section of the park, but I'm a fan!

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201856_zpshjtlgnqw.jpg

We made a quick stop to visit some buggy creatures. Not a must do, but fun once in awhile.

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201861_zpszueiv6ke.jpg

WDW20August20201320Mother-Daughter20Trip201864_zps3n7cvedi.jpg

After returning to the human world, we found our way to a snack cart. Mama got a regular pretzel and I got a jalapeño one. Mama REALLY wanted a Mickey pretzel, but they only had plain, boring pretzels. Not that it didn't taste good...it just wasn't Mickey shaped! My pretzel was good. It had a flavor to it, but I wouldn't call it spicy. Don't be afraid of this pretzel if you aren't a "super spicy food" person.

After our snacks, we left Animal Kingdom and got a bus to.... Hollywood Studios!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter