The Wilderness Lodge FAQ (Part 6) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for this thread. I am considering the WL for our 2009 trip. In respect to the "Bear Face Rooms", do you have to go through the lobby to the pool? How far away is the pool? Thanks!

I was just over at www.allearsnet.com and was checking out the WL reviews. Someone posted that they never took the bus because a boat would take you to Epcot and MGM Studios?!? Is that correct?

No, that is not correct. You could take the boat to the Contemporary to get the monorail to Epco - but I believe you have to switch monorails. There is no direct way to get to Studio's - you would have to take a bus.

I was just over at www.allearsnet.com and was checking out the WL reviews. Someone posted that they never took the bus because a boat would take you to Epcot and MGM Studios?!? Is that correct?
Mickeystoontown
:scared1: They must have made a mistake there are no waterways that connect Wilderness Lodge to EPCOT or Disney's Hollywood Studios. The Wilderness Lodge only has boat service to one park the Magic Kingdom.

The EPCOT Resorts do have boat service between EPCOT and DHS but not the Wilderness Lodge.

Beckie

In respect to the "Bear Face Rooms", do you have to go through the lobby to the pool? How far away is the pool?
NeverlandPixie
The Bear Face rooms have great access to the main elevator bank that are in the Main Lobby. If going to the pool you could easily avoid walking through the Lobby by using either the South or North Wing elevators located mid-way down the hallways. The pool is located toward the back of the resort next to Bay Lake.

No, that is not correct. You could take the boat to the Contemporary to get the monorail to Epco - but I believe you have to switch monorails. There is no direct way to get to Studio's - you would have to take a bus.

That's exactly what I thought. The poster was probably a first timer to WDW and didn't know the correct names of the parks.

What are good Woods View rooms to request to be close to the pool and bus/boat stops and also quiet??

None that meet all the your request, either North or South Wing rooms are the same distance to the Pool. The North Wing is closer to the boat dock, which is located at the very back of resort, the South Wing being closer to the buses, which are located at the very front of the Lodge.

It is worth it to upgrade from a Standard to a Woodsview room? I honestly do not spend a lot of time in the room.
Luv2CtheMouse
You know I have stayed at the Lodge so many times I just book the lest expensive room I can, unless I book Club Level.

I always try to book Standard View rooms first, then would move up to Woods View then Inner Courtyard View. There are so many great locations at the Lodge to enjoy the resort and people watch I don't worry about the view.

It was my first visit I might want a Inner Courtyard View for the WOW factor, but if views aren't important to you try for the standard view room to save some money.

I booked WL today...with a code (according to the CM on the phone as I did not have one in my hands). What do you think of this?

2 adults, 1 child
12/7-14 7 Nights
Courtyard (standard was not available)
5 day passes...basic, no extras
basic dining plan
ME
Insurance
$3,120.24

According to disney.com online ressies..same package is $3500...so a savings of almost 400 dollars. Although a standard room was not available for my week, the CM said it would be about 50 dollars less a night...hence why I will be calling back to check reservations for the switch to standard which would be 350 dollars more saved!

Is this a deal? I have seen other posts saying that cms are saying there is a code and it is really rack rate. What is your opinion or experience with a similar booking in dec? Anyone?

TIA
Michelle

I booked WL today...with a code (according to the CM on the phone as I did not have one in my hands). What do you think of this?

2 adults, 1 child
12/7-14 7 Nights
basic dining plan
ME
Insurance
$3,120.24

According to disney.com online ressies..same package is $3500...so a savings of almost 400 dollars. Although a standard room was not available for my week, the CM said it would be about 50 dollars less a night...hence why I will be calling back to check reservations for the switch to standard which would be 350 dollars more saved!

Is this a deal? I have seen other posts saying that cms are saying there is a code and it is really rack rate. What is your opinion or experience with a similar booking in dec? Anyone?

TIA
Michelle

I did disney.com-- what is a code? Where & how do you get it?
I did 8 days/7 nights- 8 day park hopper tickets- 1 adult & 1 child (age 12), but he gets charged adult rate as well for tickets. NO dining plan. NO insurance. Mine is woods view. We are using DME also. No air tickets yet since we are staying 11/30-12/07 & ours was $2537.63. :santa: :santa: :santa:

2 adults, 1 child
12/7-14 7 Nights
basic dining plan
ME
Insurance
$3,120.24

TIA
Michelle

I got a similar code for my package for 2/2-2/9. The only differnece was that my code include the free ticket upgrade. I had the exact ssame package minus the trip insurance. I also had an infant in our roon, and the price was around $3100 as well.

We have a Courtyard View room in November - what is the difference between "Courtyard" and "Inner Courtyard"? They did not give us an "Inner Courtyard" choice.

I was hoping for Standard (cheaper), but none was available. After viewing the pictures online, I would LOVE a view directly on of Bay Lake. Would that just be "Courtyard" or "Inner Courtyard"?

We have a Courtyard View room in November - what is the difference between "Courtyard" and "Inner Courtyard"? They did not give us an "Inner Courtyard" choice.

I was hoping for Standard (cheaper), but none was available. After viewing the pictures online, I would LOVE a view directly on of Bay Lake. Would that just be "Courtyard" or "Inner Courtyard"?

Inner Courtyard is a request, please read page 1 the second post it explanes request and locations for the different rooms and views.

I will be at the Lodge from May 14th to May 22nd. :yay: Cannot wait and am so excited to be fortunate enough to go back.

I have a question for anyone recently staying at WL: what kind of WL-themed merchandise do they have these days? Anyone have (interior) pictures of the Mercantile? I ask because the only WL-themed thing I got when I stayed there in 2005 was the mini-character totem pole, and this time I am bound and determined to buy many, many WL-themed things. I :love: that place almost as much as I love the parks (no joke). Thanks in advance! :cloud9:

We're DVC members and our home resort is VWL. I think it's great all the information in this thread. Thanks for taking the time to post everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!