The Wilderness Lodge FAQ (Part 6) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regret not getting the disney photographer -that is stationed in the lobby -to have a family picture taken outside on the grounds.
I did have him take one picture of my family standing on the little bridge over the water inside the lobby. But I would have loved a picture of all of us sitting on the rocking chairs that are just outside of the villas. You'll see them if you walk over there. I'll have to plan that one out on our next visit.

Thanks for the tip...I will make a note of it!:thumbsup2

I just changed my reservation from POR to WL for 10/16 to 10/23. With my code I had a $99 rate at POR and got $219 at WL (they only had Courtyard View available). Is this an okay rate? POR looked like fun (it will be my DH, my DS (4) and me) but I didn't want to do the double beds. I also like the boat to the MK. Can you get a bad room at the WL? Do any Courtyard views let you see the MK? I've read a lot of this thread but now my head is spinning! Thanks!

We just changed our Feb reservation from POP to WL. I'm SO excited! We just booked Standard view for now but if an AP code comes out we'll be upgrading to Courtyard view hopefully. :)

If we have to stick with standard view what is a good wing/floor to ask for?

Hi Fellow Lodge Lovers!
I just had to share my good news with you......just paid off my trip!!!!:cool1:
I am so excited...I can't wait to hear "Welcome Home!":love:
We have a Woodsview bunkbed room booked....I had her add Upper floor, north wing, facing MK to my ressie....I'm hoping for a preek at Wishes:wizard:
I can't wait!!!!
Now to just get that elusive Chef Mickey's Dinner ADR.......

We just had this same request. We had room 5020 and could see the fireworks! Good Luck!

Cute decoration! Can you tell me how to copy it or where you got it? I can't get it to copy just using my right click on my computer. :surfweb:

Thanks!

Hello N.C. neighbor, sorry for the delay. I don't remember where we got it originally and I have never had anyone say they couldn't copy it.:confused3 Anyhow if you would like, just PM us with your e-mail address and I will be happy to send it as an attachment, instead of through photobucket.:thumbsup2

If interested in decorating your tipping envelopes and don't fancy creating a design here is one we sometimes use. :thumbsup2

wilderness.gif

This is great! Thanks for sharing!

We will be staying at the WL, and have booked the horse back riding at Fort Wilderness. Can anyone tell us the best way to get from the WL to FW. I know you can take the boat, but the stables for the trail ride are at the front of FW, and it would be a long walk to the front of the resort.

I just changed my reservation from POR to WL for 10/16 to 10/23. With my code I had a $99 rate at POR and got $219 at WL (they only had Courtyard View available). Is this an okay rate? POR looked like fun (it will be my DH, my DS (4) and me) but I didn't want to do the double beds. I also like the boat to the MK. Can you get a bad room at the WL? Do any Courtyard views let you see the MK? I've read a lot of this thread but now my head is spinning! Thanks!

That's a great rate for Courtyard!
The MK is on the North side of the building. If you have an upper floor inner courtyard view in the South wing, you MIGH be able to see a little bit of the fireworks over the roof, but you won't actually be able to SEE the MK itself. I love the WL, and would say that there is no bad room there, althouh some of the standard views aren't the greatest, from what I've read. You will be fine with courtyard, though. I'd just request inner courtyard.
We just changed our Feb reservation from POP to WL. I'm SO excited! We just booked Standard view for now but if an AP code comes out we'll be upgrading to Courtyard view hopefully. :)

If we have to stick with standard view what is a good wing/floor to ask for?
It depends on what you want. There are a few standard rooms off the lobby, but I think they overlook roof peaks. If you want more of a wooded view, I'd ask for north side (but you could overlook the service area) The farther up you are, the better, I'd say. Check out the room location link on the 1st page. That should help you.
We just had this same request. We had room 5020 and could see the fireworks! Good Luck!

Cool! My fingers are crossed we are somewhere close to there!

We will be staying at the WL, and have booked the horse back riding at Fort Wilderness. Can anyone tell us the best way to get from the WL to FW. I know you can take the boat, but the stables for the trail ride are at the front of FW, and it would be a long walk to the front of the resort.

I think one of the shared park busses is your best Bet. When we went in 2007, the Epcot Bus picked up at WL and then went to Ft Wilderness. that Bus stop was right by the Stables. You will just have to ask when you get there what order the busses arae running in...you don't want to get on if you'd have to do the whole loop first.

I had a question about bus transportation. I read the first post about hours and it said that the AK bus started one hour before park opening. I have an 8:25 ADR at Tusker House so do I need to take a taxi? I thought the buses started earlier for character breakfasts, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for the help!

BOAT!
we loved the boat!

I had a question about bus transportation. I read the first post about hours and it said that the AK bus started one hour before park opening. I have an 8:25 ADR at Tusker House so do I need to take a taxi? I thought the buses started earlier for character breakfasts, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for the help!
I didn't think about this until the night before my 8:10AM ADR for ohana.
We took a cab which cost us $8.00's to the poly.

I had a question about bus transportation. I read the first post about hours and it said that the AK bus started one hour before park opening. I have an 8:25 ADR at Tusker House so do I need to take a taxi? I thought the buses started earlier for character breakfasts, but maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks for the help!

We had an 8:20 resevation at Tusker House during our last trip and we were able to get there in time. We got to the bus stop at 7:20 and we had to wait 20-25 minutes but we made it. If you get to the stop early and you are willing to wait, you'll get there.

BOAT!
we loved the boat!

Okay, the boat it is? But, once you arrive, how do you get to the stables at the front of the resort without walking the entire distance? does the resort have an interior bus service?:confused3

Just booked a 6 night stay at the WL for next Christmas!! I can't wait! I've been going through this thread getting some info :) YAHOO!

Okay, the boat it is? But, once you arrive, how do you get to the stables at the front of the resort without walking the entire distance? does the resort have an interior bus service?:confused3

Depending on the time of day I would not take the boat. If you have morning reservations for riding the loop the boat takes at that time is WL to CR to FW. If you don't hit things right it may take you at least a half hour or more to get to FW. Then you have to take the internal FW bus to get to the front of FW. I think this is to much of a pain when you can just take a 5 minute bus ride from WL to FW and get off the bus right next to the stable.

Has anyone stayed at the Poly and WL? If so, could you please let me know why you prefer one over the other or what the pros/cons are of WL over the Poly? I love the Poly but have been itching to stay at WL but I'm one of those types that is worried that I might make the wrong choice (you know, like the time you don't order your favorite item on the menu and you wish you had???).
Thanks!

Has anyone stayed at the Poly and WL? If so, could you please let me know why you prefer one over the other or what the pros/cons are of WL over the Poly? I love the Poly but have been itching to stay at WL but I'm one of those types that is worried that I might make the wrong choice (you know, like the time you don't order your favorite item on the menu and you wish you had???).
Thanks!

Did a split stay with both 5 years ago. YOu will definitely notice the smaller room size of WL after the Poly, but we honestly liked WLs theming better. That said if you look at my signature you'll see that we have not stayed at either again, lol. (Although the upcoming stay is for WL) If you have never stayed at the WL, then by all means try it but just be preapared for a noticibly smaller room.

We had a great 5 night stay at WL. Has anyone else been at Disney these past few days? It is HOT!!! Wow.

Anyhow, I requested inner courtyard off lobby and was given a 6th floor room at the very end of the north wing!! Can you say opposite?

I asked if there was anything lower than 6th floor and closer to the lobby and the concierge guy made a call and moved us to 4th floor overlooking silver springs on the south wing. It was a lovely room and a great location for the bus, lobby and there was a path right below us (down two flights of stairs) that crossed the courtyard toward Roaring Forks and the boat path.

So, that's the third time I've stayed and WL and the second time my request seemed to be ignored (well, they did give me inner courtyard ;)). But the front desk people were happy to help us get a room location we liked better.

I was really struck by how warm and friendly the staff at WL is. I stayed at POR and CBR in the past year and the difference in how helpful and friendly the staff was at WL compared to those two resorts was glaring. Maybe it was just my personal experience but very noticeable to me.

The grounds looked wonderful and all areas seemed clean and picked up. We had great mousekeeping with our extra requests met and also towel animals everyday.

I didn't realize this, but if you miss housekeeping because you are in your room, you can call and schedule a room cleaning. We slept for a few hours our first afternoon there (did I say it was HOT???), so we missed mousekeeping. I called around 4:00 to see if it was possible and the very friendly person said it was no problem and offered me an appointment in the evening which was perfect since we were headed out to Epcot. It was SO nice to come back to a clean room with lots of towels!

In addition, since we are out early in the morning and back early in the afternoon, we requested early mousekeeping (that's how we missed out our first day when sleeping in the afternoon). Each of the next 3 days our room was cleaned when we returned early afternoon. In fact, one morning we ate at WCC and our room was done by 9:30 am when we returned.

If I had to try to complain about something, it would be the loud music at the pool each afternoon, but with the slider closed, it really wasn't a big deal. It's just the worst thing I can come up with. Not too bad, huh?

Love WL. I think I just can't go back to moderates anymore. WL spoiled me once and for all.

Hi everyone -

We're headed to the WL November 30-December 7. :banana:

I've been reading this thread for months. :goodvibes I did have one question - we have an 8:15 ADR for Chef Mickeys for breakfast. Which would be the quickest way to get there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter