• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wilderness Lodge FAQ (Part 6) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If interested in decorating your tipping envelopes and don't fancy creating a design here is one we sometimes use. :thumbsup2

wilderness.gif

You are welcome.:thumbsup2 Sorry we don't have an answer about the waffles, but DW and I are not big breakfast eaters and we have not travelled with little ones YET. This upcoming trip will be our first with one of our grandsons and he is not an eater either.:confused3 Wishing you and YOURS a most MAGICAL trip.pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Do you need ADR for WCC for breakfast?

Depends on the time of year. During the holidays and Spring Break, probably but other times probably not. We have also found that the earlier you eat breakfast, the easier it is to get in. WCC is a fun place to eat. Be sure to ask for ketchup!

also if you eat an early dinner ( before 3:00 pm ) at the WCC, it cost around 15.00 for the skillet vs. 24.00 after 3:00pm. You won't get everything from the dinner menu, but you still get all you can eat and it contains the ribs and chicken. :thumbsup2

We just booked our next trip to WL!! We were lucky to get a Buy 5 Get 2 Free pin code for our trip. It will be our first trip since May of '08...can't wait! The best part is we decided to do 2 trips next year, one in May and one in October..can't wait! We miss you WL!! :cool1::banana:

Hi all,

You are going to be seeing a lot of me in this thread. We are massive POR fans but after visiting the WL for ADRs we are visiting club level next August 13th for three nights followed by two weeks at POR.

I'm a married mom of two, but my husband and i have never had a honeymoon. He doesn't have a clue about WL let alone about staying club level. He thinks we are staying at Pop for the three nights. I'm not going to tell him till we arrive:thumbsup2

Our Disney tickets start with our stay at POR so will need some ideas for those three days.

I plan to visit Cali Grill for tea, then i have heard about the camp fire at FW and the movie screening. Will also have plenty of pool time.

Any other ideas?

Room requests etc to be able to see the lake (water pageant) and pool?

Sarah
xxx:goodvibes

Hi all,

You are going to be seeing a lot of me in this thread. We are massive POR fans but after visiting the WL for ADRs we are visiting club level next August 13th for three nights followed by two weeks at POR.

I'm a married mom of two, but my husband and i have never had a honeymoon. He doesn't have a clue about WL let alone about staying club level. He thinks we are staying at Pop for the three nights. I'm not going to tell him till we arrive:thumbsup2

Our Disney tickets start with our stay at POR so will need some ideas for those three days.

I plan to visit Cali Grill for tea, then i have heard about the camp fire at FW and the movie screening. Will also have plenty of pool time.

Any other ideas?

Sarah

You can go to DTD. A lot of people will do that on a day off or the day they arrive. You can kill a lot of time there just shopping and the Lego store is a huge hit. If your kids are old enough, Disney Quest is a great place to go or Cirque Du Soliel for a night activity.

If you don't have the water park option for your tickets that start at POR you could use a day at a water park as well. Checking out other resorts is a great way to use up some time as well. The monorail resorts are fun as are the boardwalk resorts.

If you aren't DVC members, the DVC tour is another great way to spend some time. The tour took us about an hour and they don't pressure you into buying anything but we did get some $15 gift cards for going and ice cream. They even have a kids area where kids can play during your visit. It's always interesting to see other DVC resorts!

If you are planning on surprising DH, just a heads up if you are using DME. If you are, your luggage tags will say MK resorts: WL on them for your arrival so you might want to consider picking up your bags at Orlando as he will see the tags when you head to the airport. If you are driving all will be well!!

Have fun planning!!!

About the photographer in the lobby, when I asked about it, was told that they do the lobby pictures and will put them on your photopass, however if you wanted more than that there was an additional charge. With two not always cooperative ones I was not willing to pay the additional charge only to get pictures with them not looking or smiling. I believe the charge was $70 and they did a half hour session in various spots.
That's great to know!
I had been considering booking a photo-session, but my kids and husband will wind up grumpy if we spent 30 min taking photos, but I really want a nice picture of us in front of the WL Tree for Christmas cards.
If interested in decorating your tipping envelopes and don't fancy creating a design here is one we sometimes use. :thumbsup2

wilderness.gif

That's really cool! Thanks!

A PSA for future WL guests....

We stayed at WL in early September and just learned that our Banana Republic credit card #'s were stolen and used a week after we left FL at the Banana Republic in Orlando ($600 worth of men's suiting).

The only time we left our credit card unattended was when we went to the pool area, during which time our room was cleaned.

I've sent an email to Disney (no response yet) and my credit card company has been notified and is doing an investigation.

I know we should have been more careful with our card in the room, but at the end of the day it is still stealing.

We stayed at WL in early September and just learned that our Banana Republic credit card #'s were stolen and used a week after we left FL at the Banana Republic in Orlando ($600 worth of men's suiting).

The only time we left our credit card unattended was when we went to the pool area, during which time our room was cleaned.

I've sent an email to Disney (no response yet) and my credit card company has been notified and is doing an investigation.

I know we should have been more careful with our card in the room, but at the end of the day it is still stealing.

Was it in the safe?

No, it was not in the safe, but in a bag in our hotel room. If you look at the Resorts page on disboards, this seems to be an issue at Disney right now, with several other guests experiencing a similar problem (at SSR)...

Hi all,

Any other ideas?

Sarah

Welcome!!!! :welcome:

You are going to love the Lodge!

So sorry this happened to you. It's good that you checked your card and found the charge. It's also good you let the Lodge know about this.

This is also a good reminder to all of us - Please secure your valuables! Anything you hold of value, put it in the safe.

Because you know "all it takes is one bad person" to ruin your trip. I know they do background checks on all their employees. But these economic times have some people very desperate.

wilderness.gif

Cute decoration! Can you tell me how to copy it or where you got it? I can't get it to copy just using my right click on my computer. :surfweb:

Thanks!

Hi Fellow Lodge Lovers!
I just had to share my good news with you......just paid off my trip!!!!:cool1:
I am so excited...I can't wait to hear "Welcome Home!":love:
We have a Woodsview bunkbed room booked....I had her add Upper floor, north wing, facing MK to my ressie....I'm hoping for a preek at Wishes:wizard:
I can't wait!!!!
Now to just get that elusive Chef Mickey's Dinner ADR.......

I'm so happy to say that I was able to nab WL for our week in 2 trips at the passholder rate! Long story short but we were supposed to go in Sept for my birthday but that happened to coincide wth my DH's last round of chemo (which was more important). Then I rescheduled it for our son's birthday which is next weekend and got WL for then. But during my DH's last chemo we found out that he had to return for a restaging in 3 weeks, which just so happened to be right before THAT trip.

So I had booked AKL instead because at the time WL was all booked up except for bunk's and I don't think our 2yr old will be good in a bunk. Today for no apparent reason I decided to check for WL on the weekend we are going and low and behold they had a courtyard view available! So I grabbed it before someone else could. I could not be happier. We are celebrating 2 birthday's and my husband being done with chemo!

Question about the courytard view rooms, I asked for an inner courtyard, is that a good enough request or do I need to be more specific. I know a request is just a request, but it would be nice to be a fabulous spot if we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter